Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
TomMcD
So it seems. I'll get some sleep then as it looks like I won't be releasing any news tonight.

Same bud.

Draft progress:

Stewart-Ganassi Racing: (Owner) Niop- #14 (2010/2011), Knelly- #42 (???) FULL

Ford Racing: (Owner) Joe- #43 (2010), ???- #43 (2011), ???- #99 (2011) FULL (unannounced)

Hendrick Motorsports: (Owner) Crazy- #24 (2011), DoWhat- #48 (2011), Mudd- #88 (2011), ???- #24 (2010) 1 open space

Joe Gibbs Racing: ???- #20 (2010 Gamestop), ???- #20 (???), ???- #18 (???), ???- #11 (???) Up for grabs

Red Bull Racing: ???- #83 (2010), ???- #83 (2011), ???- #83 (???) Up for grabs

Drop- pass for now, as he doesn't want to be a team owner due to having to consult team owners sometimes.

Homeslice- unable to race full time.

EDIT: Added Mudd and DoWhat's team and cars. Added Niop's car models.

Last edited:
DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs a driver for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, is signed to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the sixth pick, Mudd passes.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, car # to be announced later. There are four cars on this team, so three drivers need to be signed by team owner Crazy_Bassist_83.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 is on the clock. The teams left available to own are Joe Gibbs Racing (4 cars) and Red Bull Racing (3 cars)

After M-Stall41, the next pick belongs to ACDCROCKS123, then Furinkazen. If needed, I will figure out who owns the twelfth pick, likely to be mustardaddict.

So Drop, if Mudd or Dowhat are going to drive in Hendrick or Ford, can they advise it now?

Current team owners JoeOfTheFire and CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 can announce any driver signings they wish at any time. The teams are already theirs to manage.

Just so everyone is clear, drivers are not drafted. Driving for a team is a two-way agreement between the owner and the driver. Only the team ownership is drafted. Once the last team's ownership is claimed, the draft is over.

Guys shouldn't wait to hear their name called by an owner like at the NFL or NBA draft, because it's not going to happen. The only way to get a seat for next season is for the owner to know you are looking for a seat, and hoping that they are interested in having you drive for their team.

If you want to drive for a team next season, you need to go to the new team owners and let them know. It's the job of the team owner to sign the best drivers they can as soon as they can, and the job of the interested drivers to get the best available seat they can as soon as possible.

Just for reference, I've been listing the PSN names of all the interested drivers in the season three thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709003#post6709003

Here's Hendrick's Official Roster as of now:
1. Crazy - 2011 #24
2. Mudd - 2011 #88
3. DoWhat - 2011 #48
4. TBA - looking for a fulltime driver perferably or a road ringer. Or if part time, must be good at road courses and exceptionally great at ovals. Must be willing to commit to most races of one type. Oval ringers required to race all ovals including 500 & 400. Road ringers required to race all road courses. Part timers are required to do most road courses, all exhibition and all short oval races or more if they desire. Acquire via PM

Last edited:
Red Bull and JGR still available for now then, hmm...

My drivers will reveal themselves soon enough.

EDIT: Any chance of Knelly and Niop confirming the year of car they'll be driving? I'll add them to my progress list.

Any chance of Knelly and Niop confirming the year of car they'll be driving? I'll add them to my progress list.

Not sure about Knelly, but he can drive either year he wants. I will be switching it up between 2010 and 2011 for the heck of it. I may use one for ovals, one for road courses.

Just realised there's 16 drivers to choose from? :dopey:

After much thought and brief talks with other team owners, I have decided to pull my name off the free agent market and take an ownership role at Joe Gibbs Racing GT5 Team. I will continue to pilot the Home Depot #20 team and I plan to rebuild the team from the ground up after the S2 Chase Debacle. I vow to turn this team around and return us to our pre-Chase form. Of course, I can't do this alone...

That is why I have decided to team up with Droptop2001gt for S3. I have wanted to work with Drop since our run in the S2 Daytona 500. Drop will be piloting the Gamestop car. We are currently in talks with a former HMS driver to fill the #18 left vacant by Knelly. We are actively scouting new drivers to fill the #11

Expect to see the new look JGR team in victory lane quite a bit in 2012

Draft progress:

Stewart-Ganassi Racing: (Owner) Niop- #14, Knelly- #42 FULL

Ford Racing: (Owner) Joe- #43 (2010), ???- #43 (2011), ???- #99 FULL (unannounced)

Hendrick Motorsports: (Owner) Crazy- #24 (2011), DoWhat- #48, Mudd- #88, ???- #24 (2010) 1 open space

Joe Gibbs Racing: (Owner) M-Stall- #20, Droptop- #20 (2010 Gamestop), ACDC- #18, ???- #11 1 space left (soon to be full)

Red Bull Racing: ???- #83 (2010), ???- #83 (2011), ???- #83 Up for grabs

Homeslice- unable to race full time.

ACDC is next, followed by Furi, and the drivers who didn't make the chase.

EDIT: "A former HMS driver" sounds a lot like ACDC, M-Stall.

EDIT 2: Added ACDC.

Last edited:
Any driver who is interested in driving the #11 car needs to post their interest in this thread AND contact me via PM or PSN. We aren't ruling anyone out

mattymc96
I can make all races bar: SSRX (For now) and any 1hour30+ race.

Hope someone wants me, much better elsewhere apart from Indy.. Don't like that track all too much although happy to do 80-100 laps there.

Anyway I don't know who to PM on asking for a seat so I'll leave it too the draft to work its way all the way down to me or until I'm wanted. :gtpflag:

Here's my availability.

Interested in #11 seat.

Tom will be annoyed that M-Stall came when he gave up :lol:

And PM sent 👍

Last edited:
DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs a driver for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, is signed to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, car # to be announced later. There are four cars on this team, so three drivers need to be signed by team owner Crazy_Bassist_83.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 has announced his ownership of Joe Gibbs Racing (4 cars).

The next pick belongs to ACDCROCKS123, then Furinkazen. Only the Red Bull Racing team is left to select. So from here, it's "Pass" or "I'll take Red Bull Racing."

If ACDC and Furinkazen both pass on owning Red Bull Racing, I will figure out who owns the twelfth pick, likely to be mustardaddict.

ACDC will be piloting the #18 car. An announcement will be coming tommorow regarding the #11.

I would also like to announce that JGR will have a Nationwide team owned by myself. Further announcements are coming for NW

That makes pick #10 for ACDC a "Pass," which leaves the fate of Red Bull Racing in the hands of Furinkazen, unless he also decides to pass on owning Red Bull Racing.

I have a strong suspicion he won't pass, as it would guarantee his seat for S3. 👍

DRAFT RESULTS:

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs to announce the drivers for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car, which he says are already spoken for in season 3.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass. Homeslice announces that he is cutting back to part-time for next season.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass, as the league host will not be permitted to own a team now, or in the future.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, signs to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, driving 2011 car #24. Crazy signs Mudd to drive the 88. The 2010 #24 is still available at this time.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed, and signed to drive for Hendrick Motorsports in the #48 car.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 has announced his ownership of Joe Gibbs Racing, driving the Home Depot #20. M-Stall41 also announces a driver signing, with Droptop2001gt agreeing to drive the GameStop #20. The #11 car is still available at this time.

ACDCROCKS123 passes on pick #10, signing with Joe Gibbs Racing to drive the #18 car.

Furinkazen is now on the clock with the eleventh pick. Only the Red Bull Racing team (3 cars) is left to select. So from here, it's "Pass" or "I'll take Red Bull Racing."

If Furinkazen passes on owning Red Bull Racing, these drivers would have the next chance to claim ownership, in this order:

mustardaddict
Jakob_Nascar88
funkyDucks
MULE_9242 (quit)
DBUCKEYES (quit)
Carbonox
MattyMc1996
Smuffyatfcp
Tom_COD_97
Chqr
Cowboys965

Last edited:
With a thought about who I think will fill the last JGR seat, it's great to see it looking masssivly competitive. Great job Mstall.

AC, look after the #18 for me. I'll want it back at some point :sly: She can take a knock and run as fast as hell. I look forward to seeing it in my mirror at some point as I'm not used to having it on track with me.

Great to see you have the Nationwide sorted. As SGR Nationwide Operations Manager I can announce that we have one seat definately confirmed, with the draft having to take place before the other is. :)

Last edited:
I know who will be filling one of the Ford seats, but it's not for me to leak that information.

However, my guess is that we can expect to see DexterWhite filling the last JGR seat. It just seems that he would fit nicely into that team already knowing AC and Drop.

If Furi passes on RB ownership I am sure Mustard will take it, and Furi will become a part time driver there. That would then leave 1 HMS, 1 Ford (as I know Joe and one other seat filled), and 1 more RB seat, with 9 still on the list.

This should mean that we will definately be having a Nationwide Series, with 6 to be left over here, plus another seat filled that isn't on that list, as well as other interests from outside this group when the thread is issued properly.

All hypothetical of course. Interesting times, and just sorry it too me so long to get to a decision yesterday.

If Mustard doesn't take that seat I can see it making it a long way down the draft..

But would he though? I don't think he would to be honest... Or I don't see many others taking it either. Including myself.

I'll be announcing my intentions for the season after Furi is off the draft clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back