Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the resultd from Saturday with laps led n all that good stuff like usual, so I can update the stat book n put S2 to a close and open the books up for S3. I have a lot of work to get done for us.

Or quote it here if already posted or link me to reply. I guess I necessarily don't need lap lead. Pole was 51.4?? By Joe. Sorry but I'm on a smart phone all weekend and back on pc during week, that's where all my files are stored

Last edited:
Expect an announcement on the status of JGR's Cup #11 later today.

I am also proud to announce that JGR will be fielding the #11, #18, and #20 in the Nationwide Series. The #s 11 and 20 will be filled by Nationwide regulars while our third car will be piloted by a rotating cast of drivers, which may include JGR Cup drivers and newly scouted drivers for which JGR is interested in developing. Stay tuned.

Expect an announcement on the status of JGR's Cup #11 later today.

I am also proud to announce that JGR will be fielding the #11, #18, and #20 in the Nationwide Series. The #s 11 and 20 will be filled by Nationwide regulars while our third car will be piloted by a rotating cast of drivers, which may include JGR Cup drivers and newly scouted drivers for which JGR is interested in developing. Stay tuned.

Awesome man, glad you're taking it just as seriously 👍

The SPRINTS nominations will be up as soon as Sprint Cup S3 drafting has filled all the seats. Likely this evening or tomorrow.

If anyone has any nominations they would like to make sure are put forward, then please let me know.

Chqr, can you please forward the revised image. I lost it.

Voting will last approx one week, with the award ceremony to follow.

And Furi, I still owe you that car mate 👍

Just a note to the team owners, the original plan was to collect a list of drivers interested in Nationwide and then conduct an NFL style draft. Thoughts on this? 👍

I don't watch the NFL. How does the draft work?

Basically you go to team #1 and they have an allotted amount of time to pick a driver. Same for team #2 onwards until you get to the end of the round and every team has their first driver, then you go back to team #1 and start picking the second drivers, etc. etc.

I know this goes back on the PM I sent you but this was the original idea.

Each team takes a turn to pick their next seat to fill, from a list of hopefuls. However, I really like the way that all the background contract negotiations are going on. Not only for The Sprints, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of activity for the NNS as well.

PS, at the 500 this saturday, I will be driving in the #18 for a farewell tribute to all we have been through. This will also see my career take me to over 100,000 miles raced in GT5 (obviously not including the amount of laps / miles acheived in freerun.

Each team takes a turn to pick their next seat to fill, from a list of hopefuls. However, I really like the way that all the background contract negotiations are going on. Not only for The Sprints, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of activity for the NNS as well.

PS, at the 500 this saturday, I will be driving in the #18 for a farewell tribute to all we have been through. This will also see my career take me to over 100,000 miles raced in GT5 (obviously not including the amount of laps / miles acheived in freerun.

Fair enough, and to be honest negotiations have already begun by the sounds of it. You're free to sign up Nationwide drivers, thread should be up soon according to Chqr.

Acorner123
SWEET the 500 will be run tonight at 702 pm eastern so i wont miss any of it

So that's like midnight for us over the pond? :dopey:

~OFFICIAL~

I am very pleased to have announced that I will be part of FORD RACING in Season 3 of Sprint Cup in the #43 BEST BUY FORD FUSION. I was approached by DrifterJoe, a racer with proven pedigree to run the historic #43 car. I am very pleased to be part of this effort and I am convinced a first win for me and a top 5 finish are possible this season.

Furi :gtpflag:

Furinkazen
~OFFICIAL~

I am very pleased to have announced that I will be part of FORD RACING in Season 3 of Sprint Cup in the #43 BEST BUY FORD FUSION. I was approached by DrifterJoe, a racer with proven pedigree to run the historic #43 car. I am very pleased to be part of this effort and I am convinced a first win for me and a top 5 finish are possible this season.

Maybe both in the same race? ;)

Press Release!

Time to show my hand then. I'm happy to announce that I have agreed with Ford boss Joe to run the #99 car in the Sprint Cup this year alongside Joe and Furi to round off an all English team. Joe's almost psychotic attention to detail when it comes to set-ups and pit strategies should pull the whole team up in the standings next year and I like to think all three of us are capable of some very good results.

I'm also happy to announce I'll be running part time in the Nationwide Series, mainly as an oval ringer and when needed as a reserve for the Ford/Rick Ware Racing team 👍​

~OFFICIAL~

Ok, so with that pass, mustardaddict is on the clock with pick #12. Will he take control of Red Bull, or pass it down the line?

MustangRyan
Ok, so with that pass, mustardaddict is on the clock with pick #12. Will he take control of Red Bull, or pass it down the line?

This could become interesting..

With my team announcing themselves at the planned time, I can now show you an exclusive preview of what it will be like behind the scenes at Ford during a race:

fordx.png

This season, we are sure to hear "the British are coming!" as drivers look in their mirrors.

Draft progress:

Stewart-Ganassi Racing: (Owner) Niop- #14, Knelly- #42 FULL

Ford Racing: (Owner) Joe- #43 (2010), Furinkazen- #43 (2011), TomMcD- #99 FULL

Hendrick Motorsports: (Owner) Crazy- #24 (2011), DoWhat- #48, Mudd- #88, ???- #24 (2010) 1 open space

Joe Gibbs Racing: (Owner) M-Stall- #20, Droptop- #20 (2010 Gamestop), ACDC- #18, ???- #11 1 space left (soon to be full)

Red Bull Racing: ???- #83 (2010), ???- #83 (2011), ???- #83 Up for grabs

Homeslice- unable to race full time.

As promised for all you guys:

Attachments

• S3 Entries V1.pdf
    252.8 KB · Views: 23
DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs to announce the drivers for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car, which he says are already spoken for in season 3.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass. Homeslice announces that he is cutting back to part-time for next season.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass, as the league host will not be permitted to own a team now, or in the future.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, signs to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the sixth pick, Mudd passes.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, driving 2011 car #24. Crazy signs Mudd to drive the 88. The 2010 #24 is still available at this time.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed, and signed to drive for Hendrick Motorsports in the #48 car.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 has announced his ownership of Joe Gibbs Racing, driving the Home Depot #20. M-Stall41 also announces a driver signing, with Droptop2001gt agreeing to drive the GameStop #20. The #11 car is still available at this time.

ACDCROCKS123 passes on pick #10, signing with Joe Gibbs Racing to drive the #18 car.

Furinkazen, with the eleventh pick, passes, opting to sign with Team Ford Racing to drive the 2011 #43 car.

Only the Red Bull Racing team (3 cars) is left to select.

mustardaddict has the next chance to claim ownership of Red Bull Racing. After him, it goes in this order:

Jakob_Nascar88 (will not be allowed to own a team, because of his suspension from the end of S2)
funkyDucks
MULE_9242 (quit)
DBUCKEYES (quit)
Carbonox
MattyMc1996
Smuffyatfcp
Chqr
Cowboys965

I can't believe how far down the list it's gotten with a team still up for grabs.

It's like team Red Bull has the stigmata or something...

I got rid of it well because they are gone and no more Vickers. I'd take #4 for Hanedricks if we had it in GT5. But yea, I'd say that team is bad luck like a night of Jager Bombs :cheers:

Well since I had no Stats to update, I decided I would do the Logos. Here's a preview:

Attachments

• GTP_SprintCup_S3_logos.pdf
    863.6 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back