Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone,

I'm interested in racing for the 2010 #83. If there is a team owner eventually, please let me know if I can take part.

Thanks.

MÜLE_9242;6744142
Hey guys. I think I'd like to come back for season 3 if possible. The only issue on my part is that the races are supposed to start right as my FMSC races end. I'll try to see if I can work around it

But yeah, if I'm allowed and can find a seat, I'd like to give this a shot again. 👍

Yeah, if you can get a seat, or if the draft makes it to you to select ownership, you can run. If nothing else, a few seats will probably become available with no-shows in the first few races. Also, we are looking at pushing start times back about 15-30 minutes for season 3, though it still isn't decided yet.

May I be #83 car any color to be on the team of Red Bull Racing? I don't want to be the team owner.

You have to wait until the new team owner is in place, Jakob. You can't ask the team owner to drive his car if you don't yet know who you are asking.

Glad to announce that Akmuq will be Hendrick's 4th driver running limited schedule in Sprint Cup series for Team/Owner Points Only. And he will drive for RCR in NW for the Driver's Championship.

Last week, when Knelly was the driver of the #18, the 18 car put on a fireworks show in winning the Budweiser Shootout. I've never seen a car bottom out, throw so many sparks in the air, and keep driving straight.

This week, Knelly takes his place in the #42 car, and the fireworks show put on by the #42 certainly impressed. Good luck topping that one. ;)

Ok, so with that pass, mustardaddict is on the clock with pick #12. Will he take control of Red Bull, or pass it down the line?

I think road courses for me only next season.... If I race reserve again. That 200 lapper was too much. I think 200 miles is my limit. :)

Post #2559

OK, so I think we are going to accept his previous post as a "Pass" for pick #12.

DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs to announce the drivers for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car, which he says are already spoken for in season 3.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass. Homeslice announces that he is cutting back to part-time for next season.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass, as the league host will not be permitted to own a team now, or in the future.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, signs to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the sixth pick, Mudd passes.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, driving 2011 car #24. Crazy signs Mudd to drive the 88. The 2010 #24 is still available at this time.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed, and signed to drive for Hendrick Motorsports in the #48 car.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 has announced his ownership of Joe Gibbs Racing, driving the Home Depot #20. M-Stall41 also announces a driver signing, with Droptop2001gt agreeing to drive the GameStop #20. The #11 car is still available at this time.

ACDCROCKS123 passes on pick #10, signing with Joe Gibbs Racing to drive the #18 car.

Furinkazen, with the eleventh pick, passes, opting to sign with Team Ford Racing to drive the 2011 #43 car.

mustardaddict has used the 12th pick to pass, electing to drive part-time, if at all, next season, due to time constraints and race lengths.

The next chance to claim ownership of Red Bull Racing belongs to funkyDucks, with the 13th pick in the ownership draft.

After funkyDucks, should he elect to pass, the following order will be used for the draft:

MULE_9242
DBUCKEYES (quit)
Carbonox
MattyMc1996
Smuffyatfcp
Chqr
Cowboys965

Furi won't be able to race a couple of races (ealier he posted a list of races he couldn't definitely make, so he may be able to make one or two of them), so Ford are looking for a reserve to run the following races:

Daytona 500 @ Daytona superspeedway (200 laps)
Coca Cola 600 @ SSRX (32 laps)
Southern 300 @ created Darlington (180 laps)
Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis superspeedway (160 laps)

Furi won't be able to race a couple of races (ealier he posted a list of races he couldn't definitely make, so he may be able to make one or two of them), so Ford are looking for a reserve to run the following races:

Daytona 500 @ Daytona superspeedway (200 laps)
Coca Cola 600 @ SSRX (32 laps)
Southern 300 @ created Darlington (180 laps)
Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis superspeedway (160 laps)

I can't imagine a better group of races for a part-timer to really make an impression on owners. These are the biggest four races on the schedule.

I'm also looking for drivers who want to drive for Ford in the Nationwide series, so send a PM for filling in for Furi and/or racing in Nationwide.

Is the created oval available for download right now? I would really love to see that, I haven't managed to create a proper oval myself (always there has to be one sharp corner :grumpy:).

MustangRyan
Last week, when Knelly was the driver of the #18, the 18 car put on a fireworks show in winning the Budweiser Shootout. I've never seen a car bottom out, throw so many sparks in the air, and keep driving straight.

This week, Knelly takes his place in the #42 car, and the fireworks show put on by the #42 certainly impressed. Good luck topping that one. ;)

Fell asleep on about lap 30 and won't get to watch it till tonight. Looking forward to seeing what this means (no spoilers please) :)

Is the created oval available for download right now? I would really love to see that, I haven't managed to create a proper oval myself (always there has to be one sharp corner :grumpy:).

Yes, it's currently shared on my acount. It will not come down at all. Everyone can and should download it now, if they want to practice on it.

Fell asleep on about lap 30 and won't get to watch it till tonight. Looking forward to seeing what this means (no spoilers please) :)

Wow, you've heard NOTHING about last night? How? I sure hope your DVR taped an extra 2+ hours past the scheduled end. The race didn't go off until about 6am GMT.

I haven't heard much apart from a rumour Montoya crashed into a vehicle of some sort which exploded and the race got red flagged :confused:

TOM, quiet. All I know is the #42 and a track dryer. I've managed to keep away from everything else. Please, nothing else on it in here or the NNS thread (or Indycar). I'm streering clear of all others for approx another 3 hours or so.

Very keen to see what happens though.

EDIT : Only going to be able to watch through an hour highlight show that SKY put on (inc adverts) and You Tube which my mate is putting into race order for me as we speak, before I go round to his in a couple of hours.

I was watching it on firstrowsports, giving free streaming, but fell asleep at what seems a very bad time. Ten more minutes and by the sounds of it I wouldn't be sleeping.

No more now though please :nervous:

I've not seen it either and didn't record anything, so I'll be watching it when it gets put up on youtube in a day or two (I know a couple of channels that have the races up usually within about 4 days of the race).

Funky first, then mule if funky passes. I can't imagine why anyone would pass from here on down, as there are zero guarantees, with only two seats left after the new red bull owner takes a seat.

Ya lets hear from FunkyDucks. I don't even want to talk about last nights disasterous race. OMG I'm tired from all of that!

EDIT: Someone PM funkyducks, he is reading this thread now too.

Is everyone else sitting here constantly refreshing the page while FunkyDucks is asleep with his PC accidentally left on? :lol:

Erm, yes. I bet he's sitting there feeling massivly pressured. He wants a seat, but scared of Team Ownership.

Don't be worried if that's on your mind Funky. Drop and the other Team Owners will help you out in certain areas, and your team will help you from the other perspective.

Think of the power you will have over this Series?

EDIT : FUNKY FUNKY FUNKY

Is everyone else sitting here constantly refreshing the page while FunkyDucks is asleep with his PC accidentally left on? :lol:

Almost. I was pricing broadband providers and forgot I was still logged in.
I am pleased to announce that I will be taking management of Red Bull aswell as the ajoining nationwide team.
I will make a better post later, when I get the time.:sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back