Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY. All 5 teams are now owned, so the draft is complete.

Here are your season 3 team owners:

Hendrick Motorsports: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (4 cars)
2010 #24 - GTP_Akmuq (part-time?)
2011 #24 - CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
xxxx #48 - dowhat13
xxxx #88 - Mudd

Joe Gibbs Racing: M-Stall41 (4 cars)
#11 - Dexter_White5150
#18 - ACDCROCKS123
#20 (HD) - M-Stall41
#20 (GS) - Droptop2001gt

Ford Racing: JoeOfTheFire (3 cars)
2010 #43 - JoeOfTheFire
2011 #43 - Furinkazen (part-time)
xxxx #99 - Tom_COD_97

Red Bull Racing: funkyDucks (3 cars)
2010 #83 -
2011 #83 -
xxxx #83 - funkyDucks

Stewart-Ganassi Racing: RFLX_Niop (2 cars)
#14 - RFLX_Niop
#42 - Knelly

Last edited:
Ok cool, now we have progress. Just one more thing FunkyDucks....pick some drivers LOL. All the pressure we are putting u must be intense. You want from lagging out of S2 to owner in S3 wow, wha promotion!

kenkwilinski
Ok cool, now we have progress. Just one more thing FunkyDucks....pick some drivers LOL. All the pressure we are putting u must be intense. You want from lagging out of S2 to owner in S3 wow, wha promotion!

You guys just caught me at a tough week. I am shaving my head for cancer and preparation for that took up most of my time (and still will until the weekend ) once I go bald I will hit the ground running with my team.
Felt you guys needed to know a reason about why I will be having a slow take off with this team.
Edit. Interested drivers can contact me, just don't expect speedy replies.

You guys just caught me at a tough week. I am shaving my head for cancer and preparation for that took up most of my time (and still will until the weekend ) once I go bald I will hit the ground running with my team.
Felt you guys needed to know a reason about why I will be having a slow take off with this team.

Thats called St. Baldrick's here in Chicago!

Sorry for being a little off topic at the moment but I need the fastest lap times in-race for HSR and the Brickyard 500. Thanks to anyone who responds with this data!

kenkwilinski
Sorry for being a little off topic at the moment but I need the fastest lap times in-race for HSR and the Brickyard 500. Thanks to anyone who responds with this data!

I hit a 49.1xx at Indy which was def the fastest. Not at home right now to confirm exactly.

The first piece of information to be leaked from the newly formed and reformed Red Bull Racing.
funkyDucks will drive both the 2010 and 2011 cars during the season, just because variety is best.

:lol: Nice bit of teaser info released there...you must follow Furi's threads. :P

Don't sweat it, FunkyD, everyone was anxious to find out who the new team owner would be, we don't want you to rush through deciding on a team. Take your time and decide who's gonna work best with you.

The Nationwide Series Thread is live:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=245712

Gone for a look similar to this Series but in the next few days, graphics will start arriving. If you have any team annoucements, just pop them on the thread.

Sadly, this Nationwide Series may just mean I might not be able to host the website as updating the website and hosting a series might be too much for me right now. We shall see.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I need a full-time ride in the Nationwide so Ken or Knelly if your offer is still there.

A thought... when Nationwide finishes as does TOCA, I bring back Trucks for a 3rd season?

Tell ya what Knelly was running hot on monday night :lol:

Right... a question I'm posting here as we have a pretty damn good NASCAR set up here on GTP.

So at moment there is Nationwide and Sprint Cup Saturday. IROC will be back around May on Sundays, which leaves me to think... Could we put trucks later fridays GMT? Maybe instead of the usual 7-9pm GMT timeframe, I can do 8pm to 10pm GMT on friday nights... would it suit you guys? This also means I can work on a schedule and get it done soon, as I have an idea of balancing regs and also there is no Saturday or Sunday clashes with anything else...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Furinkazen
A thought... when Nationwide finishes as does TOCA, I bring back Trucks for a 3rd season?

YEEEESSSSSSS.. DO iT :D

An idea we had for Indycar was to make next season's Daytona race(s) happen on the same day as the sprint cup for a weekend at Daytona. We could potentially do the same with Nationwide and Trucks to have all 4 series make up a Daytona weekend.

I'm fine with trucks if it finishes before most of IndyCar practice is over.

DrifterJoe
An idea we had for Indycar was to make next season's Daytona race(s) happen on the same day as the sprint cup for a weekend at Daytona. We could potentially do the same with Nationwide and Trucks to have all 4 series make up a Daytona weekend.

I'm fine with trucks if it finishes before most of IndyCar practice is over.

Agreed. But I think he means after TOCA which would be after this and probably after IndyCar S3..

If he got it done and ready in 2 weeks though.. :crazy:

I'll race minimum schedule, and might not make more than a couple races. Whatever would allow for that I'm open to examples.

I'll race minimum schedule, and might not make more than a couple races. Whatever would allow for that I'm open to examples.

I think a lot of team owners are going to be PM bombing you the week before the road course races to fill in for their regulars or part-time oval drivers... 👍👍

I'm sure once the S3 thread is up, you can get on the reserve driver list. I would think that the reserve driver list in S3 would only list non-NW drivers. For example you and homeslice (unless he gets on a team, nothing personal, just an example) I imagine would be on that list. And like droptop suggested, owners will be PM'ing you to race a road course for them. Don't worry, I will leave you alone this season. I have GTP_Akmuq as my secret weapon now! But I'm sure plenty of other guys will want to borrow your speed LOL. Thanks again mustard for giving your points to Red Bull last season. We needed all the help you gave us. You even drove yourself crazy doing 500 miles at Indy with us! 👍

JakobNascar88
Okay, then may I be the 2011 Red Bull car funkyDucks?

You have to PM him as he already has 2 (last i heard) interested drivers including me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back