Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd typed out a message earlier, but I guess I forgot to actually post it.

All 3 Ford sprint cup drivers are going for points in the sprint cup.

Dowhat, mudd and I are going for points in Sprint Cup Driver's Championship. And GTP_Akmuq is going for points in the Nationwide Driver's Championship, along with Carbonox and Smuffy.

I going to try to make the Bud shootout race. Who doesn't make it I will sub in for him.

The Bud Shootout race is for Sprint Cup regulars only. In order to fill in for a regular that misses the race, you have to have approval from the team's owner. You can't just show up and race because you want to.

Your best bet at this point is to try to get a seat in the Nationwide Series, where there are still some empty seats. If a team owner in the Nationwide Series is willing to take a chance with you, you can then race full-time there, show the owners how much you have improved, and try to get back to the Sprint Cup for next season.

If nothing else, the Sprint Cup All-Star Race will have an open qualifying race that is available to all full-time drivers from both the Sprint Cup (without a win in Season 2 or 3) and Nationwide Series. You would have a chance to enter the Open race if you had a full-time Nationwide Series seat. The top 2 drivers from that Open qualifying race would advance to the Sprint All-Star Race to race against all of the race winners from the Sprint Cup's second and third season.

JakobNascar88
I going to try to make the Bud shootout race. Who doesn't make it I will sub in for him.

As Drop said, PM a team owner in Nationwide and prove yourself there. There's plenty of spots remaining.

Not sure if I missed it or it just hasn't been discussed, but what's the format for the Bud Shootout, as far as who will be racing in it?

Also, just to clear it up before its an issue, do exhibition race wins count as eligibility wins for races that require them? (All-Star race)

Not sure if I missed it or it just hasn't been discussed, but what's the format for the Bud Shootout, as far as who will be racing in it?

Also, just to clear it up before its an issue, do exhibition race wins count as eligibility wins for races that require them? (All-Star race)

Far as I know it's everybody. Are we not running the 'two part' format because it's being used at the All Star race?

Mudd, as far as I know, they don't, but there is always the fans vote. I'll be voting for you to join. Already decided that.

Mudd, as far as I know, they don't, but there is always the fans vote. I'll be voting for you to join. Already decided that.

Wanna vote for me instead? :sly:

I assume they don't, just wanted it to be clear. Thanks Knelly, but I'm not too worried. There's plenty of races to grab a win at before then, and I'm entering this season in a much more comfy position then I did the last season.

~rips the rookie stripes from his rear bumper and replaces them with a 'Yosemite Sam "BACK OFF!!!" bumper sticker~

photo-4.jpg

Last edited:

For the Bud Shootout, all 16 registered Sprint Cup drivers will be able to participate. We are skipping the first 25 lap segment from the real-world version, and just going straight to the final 50 lap segment for our entire event.

The Main Event - The Sprint All-Star Race

Who is eligible:
  • All points-race winners from all of season 2 (Droptop2001gt, RFLX_Niop, M-Stall41, ACDCROCKS123, JoeOfTheFire, Knelly, Homeslice47)
  • All points-race winners from the first half of season 3 (5 races left to win)
  • The past 5 GTP Sprint Cup Champions (RFLX_Niop)
  • The past 5 GTP Sprint All-Star Race winners (none, yet)
  • The top 2 finishers in the Sprint All-Star Open Qualifying Race (to be decided night of event)

FYI, the fans are "voting" for whoever finishes second in the Open race. :yuck:

Just a quick plea for help from your mates at IndyCar...

Our pace car driver has had to drop out at short notice for tonight's race, 150 miles at Indy. Can any of you guys help us out and be pace car? You'd need to be around from 23:15GMT to about 00:15GMT, we'd help you out during cautions with rules etc. Also the car is the Skyline Pace, but anything will do if you don't have it. Cheers, hope you can help gents 👍

Let's not forget about the prizes for the top 3 finishers in the chase.

From the OP:

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

click

Special Performances Recognised In NASCAR’s Top Series

Welcome to the Inaugural, and 1st Annual SPRINTS. Now that Season 2 is over and we have our Champion (congratulations to Niop), we now look to celebrate those parts of the Season that really stood out, became talking points, and just basically impressed. We will honour those drivers who have accomplished greatness in Season 2, through a number of categories that we all have the opportunity to vote for. Categories that will be in this Seasons SPRINTS are:

Race Comeback of the Season

This will be awarded by vote to the driver who achieved the best comeback in any single race throughout the Season. This does not necessarily require the driver winning the race but making up a large number of places throughout. The Nominees are:

Niop's drive at Monza, following an early incident and finding himself in last place, working through the field to then become a contender for the race win.

Knelly's drive back from being span out on first lap after the straight at Sarthe, in a field of 14, to finish up 7th and closing down Niop.

Furi at Sarthe, finding himself in 10th on Lap 1 and working back to a podium finish with his 'differing' pit strategy.

Chase 4 Daytona, the second pack after the pit stop of Knelly, Crazy, Stall, Mudd and Carbon, chasing down a 20 second gap over 20 laps to catch Joe, Home and Dowhat, demonstrating great pack work around Daytona.

Race Battle of the Season

This will be awarded by vote to the drivers who were involved in the most entertaining fight for position, whether it be at the start, middle or end of a race. To be eligible for this SPRINT, the battle has to last a minimum of 3 laps on a Road Course, or 5 on an Oval.

Niop v Stall at Monza. After Niop worked his way from last to second, then preceded to battle over at least three laps with Stall for the win, resulting in an astonishing finish with neither really wanting to cross the line due to the incident.

Joe v Mustard at Sarthe. These two battled all the way through the contest in first and second position, with pit strategy finally winning out on this one.

Knelly v Drop in Chase 1 Daytona. After the first pit and a couple of lag incidents, both were fighting each other for laps lead, until Knelly pump faked a pit to throw Drop off, and allow an easy victory.

Mustard v Mudd in the preseason Daytona, battling hard for position over 10 or so laps, before they both get a bit hot headed and take each other out.

Joe v Home Chase 5 Indy, battling the last stint fighting for second place in the Championship, with all at stake.

ACDC and Niop v The Field Chase 2 Indy, with all trying to take their 1, 2 position and lead the race. ACDC not budging off Niop throughout to stay out in front.

Most Improved Driver of the Season

This award will only be eligible to those drivers who participated in Season 1, for more than 2 races. Anyone can vote, whether new or not, but must give good reasons as to why they feel the Improvement Award is justified. The Nominees to vote are:

RFLX_Niop
Knelly
Droptop
Crazy Bassist
Homeslice
Joe
ACDC

Rookie of the Season

This award is eligible for any driver who has participated in 5 or more races in Season 2, and did not compete in any more than 2 races in Season 1. Good reasons as to why you feel the Rookie Award is justified. The Nominees to vote are:

MStall
Furinkazen
Dowhat
Mudd
Jakob

Unluckiest Driver of the Season

This award goes out to driver who is deemed by vote to have had the most misfortune throughout the Season. Reasons require justification.

Chqr - 2 incidents, four drive throughs and a DC in the first Daytona race.

Mudd - Got caught up in at least 5 incidents throughout the season that we not his doing, resulting in lower results than expected.

Knelly - 3 times being pushed back into contention to lead pack, the pusher in all three occasions was DC'd taking him out of potential race win contention. Plus three non fault spins at HSR everytime he pulled back to taking positions.

Joe - multiple DC's early on in Season, plus being taken out of contention at Chase 2 by a lapped car, on last lap battling for win.

Stall - Sarthe DC on lap 4 from a strong position, plus two Chase lag incidents.

Furi, multiple DC's throughout the season.

Driver Rivalry of the Season

This award is honoured for the two (or three) drivers who have had the biggest rivalry throughout the Season, again by vote.

Niop / Mstall
Niop / Furi
ACDC / Furi
Crazy / Hendrick
Hendrick / Ford
Hendrick / Toyota
Gibbs / Ford
Toyota / Ford

These six prestigious SPRINTS will be awarded at the end of the Season during the Inaugural Ceremony. Voting for all categories will start now and will cease Midnight 9 March EST before the Ceremony on 10 February 2012.

On behalf of Drop and myself, we would love this to become a Seasonal Award Ceremony, and look forward to your reminders of those nominations deserving of a SPRINT.

Please remember that all votes are to be by PM to myself, by anyone who has raced even one event within the season.

Good luck to all the Nominees.

Knelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back