Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Public Nationwide Restrictor Plate Clean Lobby open. Just some fun Nascar racing.

EDIT: Closed.

Last edited:
I'm halfway through counting the laps at Indy, and ACDC and RFLX both have exactly 40 laps led after 100 laps are complete.

I think Niop went through them all last night, but don't know the results.

Send him a PM mate 👍

Knelly
I think Niop went through them all last night, but don't know the results.

Send him a PM mate 👍

He counted the last 100, already have the results. :)

I know its late but maybe my Created Pocono I have to download could be used in Sprint Cup / Nationwide?

Furi, you still need to check out my two versions of pocono, 1.64 and 2.27 miles long.

Feel it needs to be mentioned in here, as shouldn't go unnoticed.

In the Daytona 500 last night hosted by a non Sprint Cup driver, the top 7 and only finishers were all drivers from this and the Nationwide series, with a 1, 2 finish for the newly created Stewart-Ganassi Team.

Just shows that in this class of driving, we are the competition to beat :D

Feel it needs to be mentioned in here, as shouldn't go unnoticed.

In the Daytona 500 last night hosted by a non Sprint Cup driver, the top 7 and only finishers were all drivers from this and the Nationwide series, with a 1, 2 finish for the newly created Stewart-Ganassi Team.

Just shows that in this class of driving, we are the competition to beat :D

Yea I let you two win. I had one accident with dowhat and I also pit one lap early twice. And was less than 30sec down from a two car team. Had I had a teammate drive all 200 laps with me, I'm sure I would have gave you two a run for your money. It was fun though, cool going back n forth for the lead pack after every other pit stop. Had fun drafting with just about everyone. Now only if I can get my car with our regulations to go 40 laps in a race?

kenkwilinski
Yea I let you two win. I had one accident with dowhat and I also pit one lap early twice. And was less than 30sec down from a two car team. Had I had a teammate drive all 200 laps with me, I'm sure I would have gave you two a run for your money. It was fun though, cool going back n forth for the lead pack after every other pit stop. Had fun drafting with just about everyone. Now only if I can get my car with our regulations to go 40 laps in a race?

Not saying it wouldn't have been close in the end but the whole last stint we were basically racing three wide with Drop and lost a lot of time doing it.

Was a good back and fourth battle though and wasn't sure which way it would go with a couple if pit stops left. Great run though Crazy, deserve your podium.

40 laps is the magic number, I agree.

Not saying it wouldn't have been close in the end but the whole last stint we were basically racing three wide with Drop and lost a lot of time doing it.

Was a good back and fourth battle though and wasn't sure which way it would go with a couple if pit stops left. Great run though Crazy, deserve your podium.

40 laps is the magic number, I agree.

I finished 22 sec down to be exact, it was at 28.xxx for awhile before you guys were messing around. That's why I said below 30 seconds. :)

So are we wrapping up the Sprints then moving house to the new thread?

TomMcD
So are we wrapping up the Sprints then moving house to the new thread?

Once The SPRINTS are over next weekend, and final standings are up, I think we'll be done here :)

Don't forget to get you votes in chaps 👍

Once The SPRINTS are over next weekend, and final standings are up, I think we'll be done here :)

Don't forget to get you votes in chaps 👍

I don't feel I have the right to vote since I hardly attended any of the races :lol:

TomMcD
I don't feel I have the right to vote since I hardly attended any of the races :lol:

Up to you but anyone who raced once, can vote. There should be enough descriptions to understand the battle and comebacks, for example.

Up to you but anyone who raced once, can vote. There should be enough descriptions to understand the battle and comebacks, for example.

Okay mate, I'll take a look and PM you 👍

Let's not forget about the prizes for the top 3 finishers in the chase.

From the OP:

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

I am going to be updating my trading thread later today so you guys know what options you have to choose from. 👍

I'm going to post my votes publicly, because I don't mind sharing. :sly:

Race Comeback of the Season

Niop's drive at Monza, following an early incident and finding himself in last place, working through the field to then become a contender for the race win. An absolutely insane achievement, to go from last to leading in under 25 laps on a road course, and only lose the race because of a last turn tangle.

Race Battle of the Season

Joe v Home Chase 5 Indy, battling the last stint fighting for second place in the Championship, with all at stake. Plus, the winning pass came about 20 feet from the start/finish line. A great battle to end the season, under the most pressure possible, winner-takes-all.

Most Improved Driver of the Season

RFLX_Niop - for dominating qualifying sessions this season, winning the most races, winning 3 of 5 Chase races, and winning the championship. A more dominant performance than last season, with harder competition than before.

Rookie of the Season

MStall - He won two races this season, one on a road course, and one on an oval. His poor luck during the Chase should not outweigh how strong he was during the regular season.

Unluckiest Driver of the Season

Mudd - Got caught up in at least 5 incidents throughout the season that were not of his doing, resulting in lower results than expected. (Isn't that explanation sufficient enough?)

Driver Rivalry of the Season

Crazy / Hendrick (It was a one-sided rivalry from my point of view, but it seemed like the talk of the garage area after every single race.)

I would also like to add four categories for consideration for next season:

Most respected driver: The driver that everyone respects for their high level of performance and clean driving habits. My vote this season would have gone to homeslice47.

Most feared driver: The driver, that with one lap to go, you absolutely do not want to see in your rear view mirror. RFLX_Niop

Best Oval driver: ACDCROCKS123 (top 3 every single time he ran, often pushing teammates to wins, not trying to win for himself (Week 1, 2, 9, and 12)

Best Road Course driver: JoeOfTheFire (only one loss ever on a road course, kind of speaks for itself)

Last edited:
Losing to Niop at HSR might become a habit of mine if I can't control the car well enough with the necessary added oversteer for quick times.

As for "most feared", I used to be called "the freight train" at Daytona because of my last lap moves, but I've lost my touch.

Yep, these to be added for next Season. 👍

Votes are coming in and they are not as clear cut as one would expect ... For now. Keep them coming.

Mr Daytona :D

To my sprint cup and nationwide drivers: instead of sending you my setups in PMs, I figured it'd be easier to put them into a google documents spreadsheet, which I'm beginning work on now.

EDIT: If you don't have a Gmail account, I can always just printscreen it and upload that to imageshack for you.

Last edited:
Alright guys, the final standings are updated and finally posted, back on page 1. Once the Sprints winners are announced, we will close up shop here, and move on to the season three thread. Expect the season three thread to open next Sunday, as we begin the week of the Budweiser Shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back