400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Looks like I am not the only Lotus tuner here... May I present
Lotus Elise 111S '03 "Grasshopper"/420pp /Comfort Soft Tires
grasshopperg.jpg

found over at Clueless Tunes or with this link https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6767829#post6767829

6950175081_24be060aaa.jpg
6804065222_4f07940f93.jpg
6950174257_d9fae5d4c6.jpg
Honda S2000 '03
Max Power - 229 BHP
Weight - 1250kg
PP - 420
Colour - New Formula Red

Parts
Rays Volk Racing CE28N (Finished in Black)
Restore Chassis Rigidity
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
FC Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC Suspension
Comfort Soft Tyres

Settings
Gear Ratios
Final Gear 3.900
Max Speed 155

LSD

Suspension
Ride Height -1 +5
Spring Rate 6.6 6.1
Dampers (Extension) 5 5
Dampers (Compression) 4 3
Anti-Roll Bars 4 2

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle 2.0 2.2
Toe Angle -0.20 0.01

Brake Balance
6 4

So I just loaded up my GT5, and low and behold my save data must have been corrupted somehow, I had to reload using a save back up from beginning of Feb... hope my car is still on share if not it will be very soon

As promised now that I'm back at home, I have tested Rallywagon's Toyota 2000GT '67.

CSLACR, you can record a time of 8:55.310

For what it's worth, in the spirit of fairness, I also went back and tested the other 2000GT from Round 1 submitted by XDesperado67, and I was able to record a much better time than previously - 08:51.915

I originally tested XDesperado's entry 2 weeks ago at a time when I was still struggling with the RWD entries. Over the course of practicing I improved my skill on those and I had fully intended on retesting this car last weekend but I ran out of time before the deadline.

I know it doesn't matter at this point, but I wanted to apologize to XDesperado67 for not doing his car justice the first time around.

In comparison of the two cars, I found XDesperado67's entry to be a bit looser, but also with much better acceleration, and a higher top end speed. Of the two I found it to be the better car, even though the official times may not reflect that.

In any case, looking forward to round 2!!
If you would edit your post with the times (linked on the first page, post 3) that would be super. 👍

I might have to change the color on my ride, but I'll be posting my tune, updating the OP with car links and new test drivers, and hopefully finally getting the comments/feedback up for my tests.

ok re-built the car and re-shared for testing, CSLACR, I had to add power limiter to the car for the re-up, so my tune is going to have a 2.x % power limiter attached now, every thing else is the same, I hope this is ok? can't believe after all this time my game save finally coped it

I hate to do this, but as work has dumped on me this last couple of weeks, I'll have to. The tune I am about to enter is more of a 'beta' I'm afraid to say. Testers, please be really careful not to stomp the accelerator to early out of a corner or you will be going backwards.

It's on share now.

The Lexus Jellybean beta

ok re-built the car and re-shared for testing, CSLACR, I had to add power limiter to the car for the re-up, so my tune is going to have a 2.x % power limiter attached now, every thing else is the same, I hope this is ok? can't believe after all this time my game save finally coped it

That's fine.

Honda S2000 '06
kartspaceb.jpg

227HP - 1235KG - 420PP
Window weight reduction
Painted carbon hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Front aero B (I think)
PL @ 96.2%

LSD:
7 / 15 / 5

Transimission:
Set final gear to 2.500
Set top speed to 168MPH

Suspension:
-15 / +30
7.5 / 9.5
7 / 1
1 / 7
2 / 2

Camber/Toe:
2.0 / 2.0
-0.15 / 0.00

Brakes:
BB: 4/2
ABS: 1

Chuyler is going to miss the deadline, not sure about MCH.
I offered an extra 24hrs for his power outage, but he said he should have it done tonight.

RJ - I just looked at your RX8 tune. We took quite different approaches. It should be interesting to see how your lighter weight, lower HP does against my maxed out weight and HP.

Agreed. I think you might run into the same problem I did in the first round though; plenty of grip, not enough go. I'm looking at your gearbox while knowing how the "high power" RX-8 delivers the power it has and just thinking you may have the ratios set a good bit too wide to keep it thinking happy thoughts.

Nice choice on color though. :lol:

Fingers crossed that getting blown fixes my straight-line speed disadvantage from the first round by enough to make it worthwhile.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but "I don't even" what? I don't even understand? What don't you even? :lol: I'm confused.
"When something is so shocking/meaningless/senseless/retarded/random/etc, that you're left absolutely speechless."

"A popular cyberspace term and joke phrase that is said when someone else utters something totally stupid or useless/senseless."

"An phrase used (usually on the internet) when something is so mind-blowingly stupid that you don't even have words to describe it.

"Also used to indicate confusion."

"Also see wat."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=What%20is%20this%20i%20dont%20even

:P

"When something is so shocking/meaningless/senseless/retarded/random/etc, that you're left absolutely speechless."

"A popular cyberspace term and joke phrase that is said when someone else utters something totally stupid or useless/senseless."

"An phrase used (usually on the internet) when something is so mind-blowingly stupid that you don't even have words to describe it.

"Also used to indicate confusion."

"Also see wat."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=What%20is%20this%20i%20dont%20even

:P

Yes I know that Roj*, but which one applies here? I'm guessing it's either the 1st one or the 3rd one, though both are fairly similar in meaning. As is the rest of it, to be honest. :lol:

*No I didn't.

I kinda figured out the "I don't even", it's the "not even once" that really doesn't make sense.
It's certainly not my craziest setup ever, that's for sure. ;)

Hey CSLACR your s2000 is not up on share yet.
Oops, I'll throw it on in a minute. :dopey:

Back