GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, first oval win on my whole GTP career! :cheers: It was a bit of a lucky one, though, since there was a collision on the last lap between the other three leaders, but sometimes you gotta have luck, so I'm cool with it. :) Pity it wasn't for points.

Yeah, congrats to Carb on a well deserved win. You and AC did some great pushing in the mid laps with me 👍

Also I'm pretty happy about how the Cup and this will go for Ford, Joe was pushing me well in the closing stages.

Congratulations to Carbonox :D

Well about my race as a disaster :( i was envolved on the first crash and then many stupid mistakes and causing lag :grumpy: so i don't know if Ford is going to mantain my contract :nervous:

So what i have to is Sorry Everyone :)

Crap. Can anyone that was in the race (NTSC format, Not PAL) export the replay to email it to RFLX?

You can't use the replay options that came with the patch if you weren't in the race itself? That's new to me.

You can't use the replay options that came with the patch if you weren't in the race itself? That's new to me.

Yeah, I found it out recently. But it never crossed my mind today. In future races maybe I'll have to start the race and then exit out if that's alright.

FYI - Even if you exit or park, you can only skip up to the last lap YOU completed.

BTW, to correct the OP, if the Southern 200 is held in Darlington, it would be "Eifel Oval" not "Toscana Oval" ;)

BTW, to correct the OP, if the Southern 200 is held in Darlington, it would be "Eifel Oval" not "Toscana Oval" ;)

And 200 miles there will be 120 laps. 👍

Filipe- we'll see if you have any lag at Indy next week. You're still with Ford. 👍

It was a very interesting race. I have to apologize to Tom, I didnt realize you had picked up that much speed, and tried closing the hole. That was on the last lap. On the first lap I had to check up to prevent from taking ACDC out and it caused everyone else to have to check up.

Race Results @ Daytona Winter Testing

Points in preseason races do not go towards the Championship.

33y1351.png

Drivers' Championship

33xbqmt.png

Owners' Championship

dwfclg.png

Last edited:
Karma is a bitch. Fastfox leads 42 laps, but finishes 3rd after the crash with half a lap to go. I lead one lap, but it happens to be the final lap... :dopey:

Hehe, one lap led, and a win, sounds like me on a road course Carb.:P

More specifically High Speed Ring, Autumn Ring and Tsukuba.

Congrats Carbon you hung in there all day with tom, along with ACDC pushing me. I felt extremely appreciated to be on the track with all of you.

Joe you have one hell of a push car.

Congrats Carbon you hung in there all day with tom, along with ACDC pushing me. I felt extremely appreciated to be on the track with all of you.

You're welcome man, just check your mirrors next time ;) You're definitely quick and were holding your line well when you were being pushed, so nice work. Pleasure to race with you all as usual gents.

Looking forward to Indy a lot, I anticipate less wrecks.

EDIT: Just thought I'd point out that the entire race is available to watch on RFLX's livestream channel here 👍

Last edited:

ACDC is another good pusher, and his pushing at Indy and Daytona is one of the reasons that Niop was able to win his second sprint cup championship. I've not worked with him in a race yet, as we've always been on rival teams.

EDIT: Just thought I'd point out that the entire race is available to watch on RFLX's livestream channel here 👍

The actual race starts at 10:20. The first 10 minutes is qualifying.

I will be reviewing the Testing Tape tomorrow and evaluating both JGR's performance as well as our competitors.

So are we sorting out what time we'll be testing next week? The time changes in the US have messed it up a bit.

Are we just staying the same time GMT, but it will be an hour later for US runners?

So are we sorting out what time we'll be testing next week? The time changes in the US have messed it up a bit.

Are we just staying the same time GMT, but it will be an hour later for US runners?

What are you doing for your IndyCar Series as I'll simply follow suit.

What are you doing for your IndyCar Series as I'll simply follow suit.

I'm just going to stay the same time GMT (10:30 start for practice) and that should mean that for the US drivers, it will simply start an hour later than usual.

Race Report @ Daytona Winter Testing

Last night's Daytona Winter Testing Race proved to be an exciting and intriguing encounter with two major wrecks at the start and finish that would ultimately decide the outcome and leave the track clear for Carbonox to claim his first oval win in a Nascar. Congratulations to him.

Lap 1: On entering Turn 3, Chqr moved to the outside to allow for the shifting inside lane to move ahead. As Chqr moved to the outside, Joe in the #43 came with him and on the inside a middle lane caught momentum with fastfox400 in the #11. We were 3-wide entering Turn 4 when Chqr was squeezed and tagged fastfox400 into the wall. Both cars managed to carry on safely. However, Joe and the outside lane checked up but the inside lane kept on full throttle. Joe through no fault of his own was hit and as he crashed, he lagged severely wiping out himself, Dave, Chqr, Filipe and others.

Lap 50: fastfox400 was on the outside on the backstretch when Tom was catching at a fast rate of knots and went to the outside of fastfox with a car-width's room between the #11 and the outside. fastfox did not yield to Tom's faster #99 and lightly squeezed him causing the #99 to tag the #11 and causing him to spin around catching ACDC's #20 and Joe's lapped #43. That left the track free for the #24 to take the win.

Given these two wrecks, especially the first one. Race directors Tom and Chqr ask for all drivers to be extremely vigilant if a crash is occuring up ahead and not be afraid to check-up and slow down. We also drivers to be considerate of others and give each other room especially in the early stages of the race. Of course, wrecks are inevitable at Daytona but we'd like to think Lap 1 wrecks are avoidable. I'd also like to thank fastfox for an incredible save on Lap 43. I am concerned however for jazza96uk who could enter the race due to a lobby glitch where he was left on the loading screen. Hopefully this can be solved for next Saturday.

With 12 cars starting the race, there was not too much lag. I do not believe lag caused the Lap 1 crash but lag only increasing the severity of the crash.

This was my first ever GTP Online Hosted Race and in my book, it was highly successful. 👍

Chqr

Last edited:
Special thank you to RFLX for opening up a stream service for those outside of the lobby to watch the race. This was an amazing feature to have and we look forward to having you with us in lobbies in the future.

I would also like to ask all drivers who are racing to not have the stream open on their laptop or PC as this will slow down your internet speed and cause lag.

Cheers again for the stream RFLX 👍

And nice work organzing everything last night Chqr, i'll be there at 6 for practice next week instead of showing up 5 minutes prior to the green flag 👍

Cheers again for the stream RFLX 👍

And nice work organzing everything last night Chqr, i'll be there at 6 for practice next week instead of showing up 5 minutes prior to the green flag 👍

Haha no worries. I'll be back from hockey at around 4pm GMT latest so the lobby will be opened around 6.

Just to let everyone know if you haven't noticed. Its 75 laps of Indianapolis next week. The second and last preseason race.

Back