GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure the team owners follow the thread pretty regularly, but you might want to PM them about the schedule change, so they know that their regular season is starting in just six days.

Well, you could always shift IROC to Saturday's and dump TOCA on Sunday's if that floats your boat.

TOCA stays on Saturdays, IROC is just announced for next six sundays after the Nationwide opener.

I'm sure the team owners follow the thread pretty regularly, but you might want to PM them about the schedule change, so they know that their regular season is starting in just six days.

Literally was about to do so.

EDIT: Sorry, yup typo. Got so excited and typed the wrong day.

To clarify, the season starts this saturday with the DRIVE4COPD 300 at 6pm GMT / 2pm ET.

Oh 🤬 their goes my chances of making it.

Me and Joe were planning on racing for Ford up until past mid season anyway mate. From there on you drive every race and me and Joe will alternate depending on whether it's a road course or an oval 👍

Well its either I lose half the field or only Furinkazen. :nervous:

Haha, sorry to hear mate. Not much I can do to change it as a lot of full-time guys have Sunday commitments so it wouldn't be quite fair on them.

Me and Joe were planning on racing for Ford up until past mid season anyway mate. From there on you drive every race and me and Joe will alternate depending on whether it's a road course or an oval 👍

TOCA starts after WSM, so there was only 1 date Furi could make. (I think it was the 28th of april)

Well its either I lose half the field or only Furinkazen. :nervous:

Haha, sorry to hear mate. Not much I can do to change it as a lot of full-time guys have Sunday commitments so it wouldn't be quite fair on them.

No worries, and WSM has been cut by two weeks, to bring TOCA forward a little.

I suppose it was grateful of Crazy as RBR had only one guy running and Crazy was probably expecting another RBR guy to turn up.

I was in the lobby but I have no idea what happened at the race start :boggled:
I was aware that the race had started because it was being live streamed but on my screen the lobby continued to show "Configuration: Free Run"

I have no idea... Let's just hope there are no issues next Saturday :)

I vote for no SSRX, instead I'm checking if I can create another oval course for future use at Toscana (for a change after Darlington took place in Eifel, y'know).

I was in the lobby but I have no idea what happened at the race start :boggled:
I was aware that the race had started because it was being live streamed but on my screen the lobby continued to show "Configuration: Free Run"

I have no idea... Let's just hope there are no issues next Saturday :)

Like last night, I may run a 5 or 10 lap race at around 6:35pm GMT to check lag and bugs in the room.

I might run the league in a public lobby this weekend. We shall see. I presume that bug was a one-off. I'll try and get you in a room with me before the race to see if it is a problem with me rather than you.

I vote for no SSRX, instead I'm checking if I can create another oval course for future use at Toscana (for a change after Darlington took place in Eifel, y'know).

I voted yes for SSRX as the bump drafting there is great, but I would welcome a Toscana track (if not this season, S2 maybe) which may be possible with our shorter races. Eiffel does nothing for me, it's so dull and drab.

I voted yes for SSRX as the bump drafting there is great, but I would welcome a Toscana track (if not this season, S2 maybe) which may be possible with our shorter races. Eiffel does nothing for me, it's so dull and drab.

Very tight vote though. We shall see the results next Sunday at 1pm GMT.

I'd also like to see a Nationwide wet race like Nationwide at Montreal a few years back for S2. Not for S1 as we are plentiful in Road Courses at the moment.

Like last night, I may run a 5 or 10 lap race at around 6:35pm GMT to check lag and bugs in the room.

I might run the league in a public lobby this weekend. We shall see. I presume that bug was a one-off. I'll try and get you in a room with me before the race to see if it is a problem with me rather than you.

It's weird because I raced that test race last night with absolutely no connection issues whatsoever. :/

Chqr, in my preview I'm putting a general paragraph and then doing a couple of lines on each team and how they're shaping up 👍

Chqr, in my preview I'm putting a general paragraph and then doing a couple of lines on each team and how they're shaping up 👍

Go for it.

Expect Race Previews this season to be courtesy of Tom.

I will do the Race Reports for the races I host which will be 9 of them.

Go for it.

Expect Race Previews this season to be courtesy of Tom.

I will do the Race Reports for the races I host which will be 9 of them.

It's 500 words :lol:

Just waiting on a PM from Crazy and I'll send you it mate, will also tell you what to do with formatting (Bold, links etc.) 👍

It's 500 words :lol:

Just waiting on a PM from Crazy and I'll send you it mate, will also tell you what to do with formatting (Bold, links etc.) 👍

Good job man. I'm working on some updated graphics tonight.

Race preview has been sent to Chqr, should be up momentarily 👍

DRIVE4COPD 300 Race Preview

Gentlemen start your engines, as this weekend the Nationwide Series kicks off at the DRIVE4COPD 300 from Daytona Beach, Florida! With an all new cast of rookie drivers and some old favourites taking to this famous track in the 2012 Nationwide spec cars, all are anticipating a closely contested and exciting race. The 50 lap testing session last week, although plagued by a couple of serious wrecks on the opening and closing laps, went very well for most teams and even the guys who finished well down the field gained some valuable data for the regular season and got a chance to become acquainted with their drafting partners & team mates before the ‘300’.

Richard Childress Racing – RCR are looking extremely strong going into the regular season with #24 driver Carbonox taking the chequered flag in 1st place; he admits his patience and consistency on ovals has increased and threw down the following statement in victory lane, “I have come here to race for the wins and, ultimately, the title.” Smuffy in the #88 also finished well inside the top 5, and the last minute departure of Akmuq after testing left the #48 seat open for Dave May. There were also rumours in the RCR camp that Smuffy would be accepting a promotion to the Sprint Cup team although these cannot be confirmed. Team owner Crazy stated in a post-race press conference, “After yesterday’s exhibition race I was very happy with RCR's performance. I couldn't be happier with Carbonox's win and Smuffy's podium finish. I expect these two to give their best again next weekend at DRIVE4COPD300.”

JR Motorsports – Nationwide manager and Sprint Cup driver Knelly said in an interview with me earlier that the test race had given JR an idea of what needs to be tweaked for the 300 and that the disappointing finishing positions mattered little. But solace could be taken from Trynor’s pole position in the #42 and teammate Chqr booking the front row in the #14 and Knelly assured me, “We have the confidence in our team, with the individual skills they possess, to demonstrate that they will be a force throughout this inaugural season.”

Rick Ware Racing – Team owner Joe is certain that the Ford powered team will flourish this season despite the lack of full time drivers available. Filipe, the team’s full time driver had a troubled race due to the massive wreck on lap 1 but he will hope to claw his way back up the field and avoid any trouble this weekend. Joe said of the team, “Me and Tom have shown our team's strength with the late race pushing and near victory. So yes, I am fairly confident that we will do well unless there is a similar incident to the winter testing.”

Red Bull Racing – Red Bull have got off to shaky start this season, with their #1 Sprint Cup driver and team owner funkyDucks having to withdraw from his post. But with new owner and experienced racer Mule at the helm, things may be looking up for the team; RedPartyHat secured a promising 5th in pre-season and PNuTButR hopes to prove himself after mechanical issues during testing.

Joe Gibbs Racing – JGR are looking very strong going into this weekend with Fastfox in the #11 car finishing on the podium at testing despite being caught up in the last lap wreck. Also Cowboys in the #18 hopes to get off to a flying start despite missing testing; his recent wins in Italy & Indianapolis in the IndyCar series are a testament to his raw pace.

Remember to tune in for the race, live and uninterrupted on Reflex TV from 18:00 GMT/ 14:00 EST, never miss a lap!

Tom McDonald – Nationwide Series Co-Race Director

Back