GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad to hear that Filipe. To be honest I was quite scared to try to pass him even tho he was lapped because of the lag.

Yes but i have to test if it really works right ;)

Sorry for that mate :( let's hope it won't happen again :)

Hopefully, you can join us for the two lag and bug test races at 6.35pm. That will hopefully identify whether or not your connection will hold. I'll be looking at RFLX's stream to see the American side of things.

I want this race to be as lag free as it can possibly be.

Hopefully, you can join us for the two lag and bug test races at 6.35pm. That will hopefully identify whether or not your connection will hold. I'll be looking at RFLX's stream to see the American side of things.

I want this race to be as lag free as it can possibly be.

Ok then, if i still with lag i have no choice :(

Can we have the stream open while racing?

I'm still quite concerned over whether or not internet speeds and connection speeds will decrease after all the drivers load up streams. I know for certain mine does and I know in public lobbies, I lag severely if I'm downloading or streaming something.

I suppose in the test race, I will allow everyone who wants to use them to use them but if lag is noticeable, I'll say to no to all racers in the lobby.

I had it open during the pre-season. Was i lagging?

You seemed fine by me but I do not want to be in a predicament when everyone has streams open and half the field has severe lag. I'd much rather outlaw it straight off as it does indeed give racers a slight advantage if the pack is split to recognise lap times and other bits of telemetry.

Of course, there's nothing to stop me from doing it so providing the test races go fine, I'll leave it available to racers.

Unless you just have a really strong internet connection, I wouldn't recommend having the stream open during the race. We have had drivers suffer lag issues before when other people in their house were using the internet to stream videos/music.

Besides, you really should be paying attention to the race on your TV screen. Glimpsing over to your computer just once at the wrong time could cause a huge wreck.

And from a competitive standpoint, I don't like the idea of a driver in the race being able to see how the tires or fuel on an opponent's car look. But, that might just be me.

Unless you just have a really strong internet connection, I wouldn't recommend having the stream open during the race. We have had drivers suffer lag issues before when other people in their house were using the internet to stream videos/music.

Besides, you really should be paying attention to the race on your TV screen. Glimpsing over to your computer just once at the wrong time could cause a huge wreck.

And from a competitive standpoint, I don't like the idea of a driver in the race being able to see how the tires or fuel on an opponent's car look. But, that might just be me.

Only problem is, I can't really stop people from doing it if I say no to streaming. People will argue they've got two internet connections and there's no physical way of me checking they're not using it. There will be sneaky devils who will stream it and there will be law-abiding drivers who won't but I can't distinguish between the two.

Indeed, I do not like how drivers can see each other's screens. That's not fair.

I will have a team owner and series host vote on this via pm.

I understand that the stream could cause a lag accident which no one wants to be involved in.

Personally with the stream open I was able to find who was pitting etc. This is cheating in my opinion. So my vote would be to not allow the stream open to the guys racing. Obviously you can’t stop them but you should be able to see who's got the stream open as there car would be a bit jerky on the screen.

We can't stop it really apart from asking the drivers not to watch while racing. To be honest I don't want to be watching even if it offers a strategic advantage, I'm too busy concentrating when I race.

Matty had big lag at the Brickyard 150 Indy race as his cousin (?) had Youtube open during it; for this reason I would ask drivers to keep off the stream.

Rules and Regulations Update

1. Any NASCAR race car in GT5 is allowed to participate, 2010 and 2011 models are both legal, GameStop Camry included.
2. Power is restricted to 453 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
3. A Ballast of 35KG must be added to car's weight bringing the weight to 1600KG.
4. Only Racing Medium tires will be permitted, no other compounds may be used, harder or softer.
5. All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
6. Mechanical Damage is ON, but limited to LIGHT damage.
7. Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
8. Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
9. Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
10. Slipstream is set to WEAK.
11. Boost is OFF.
12. Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
13. NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

a) Race Clean - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.

b) While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

c) Drivers are not permitted to use the Series' Livestream Service mid-race. Anyone that is caught can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.​

Changes Reasoning & Other Changes

After consulting with team owners and Series' hosts. We have come to a unanimous decision that drivers racing in a Nationwide Race are banned from using RFLX_Niop's livestream service. Following on from this, tire wear, lap times and fuel use graphics will be removed from the stream making the stream useless for any sneaky drivers whilst maintaining the TV broadcast aspect of racing for those outside the lobby to view.

Anyone found guilty of using the stream will be kicked from a race. This will be made possible as we will be using a public lobby this Saturday so I have kicking powers to kick any driver that is unusually lagging. It is fact that lag causes crashes so if I see any lag from any driver, I will be very suspect of the driver. We hope all drivers in the series are united in this decision and plan to fully enforce and abide this decision for the good of the series.

You will be found out so don't even bother. Visual damage will be turned off for this weekend in an effort to reduce any additional lag.

I will remind drivers that I will be running two lag test races at 6:35pm GMT. I expect all drivers to be at least available for one of these races for the good of the lobby and the series.

In the event that I do not see lag despite other drivers clearly seeing it, I will be consulting with two stewards before and after the race to help identify any found guilty.

If you are found guilty, a 30-second penalty is only if you are on the lead lap. Any crash caused by lag is a race exclusion or possible series exclusion.

Before entering the lobby, please reset your router, exit GT5 to the XMB and do a connection test ensure you are on NAT 1 or NAT 2 and enter GT5. Clear your cache before entering the room too.

Chqr

I like this idea. So with graphics turned off...NO team owners can gain any data to PSN message their driver mid race? Or is this the honor system? I really doubt I would have time to watch the race live but say if I were to....would I gain any advantage that I can relay my drivers? If so then you simply can't do a stream as this encourages cheating. Even though its not the driver cheating. But will any of this be possible with graphics turned off?
BTW chqr, I like the graphics in the OP.

kenkwilinski
I like this idea. So with graphics turned off...NO team owners can gain any data to PSN message their driver mid race? Or is this the honor system? I really doubt I would have time to watch the race live but say if I were to....would I gain any advantage that I can relay my drivers? If so then you simply can't do a stream as this encourages cheating. Even though its not the driver cheating. But will any of this be possible with graphics turned off?
BTW chqr, I like the graphics in the OP.

I think I speak for all in saying that no team owners would break this 'honour system' and that the benefits of a stream outweigh the drawbacks. There's no fuel/tyre information you could relay anyway as it's all turned off on the stream.

Perfect 👍 so even though owners can watch it, there really is nothing to gain if one were to choose to cheat. As no relevent data is shown. Really the most one can do is choose to pit or not to pit, which really might not help anyways with differing tire n fuel strategies. So ideally the live stream is like a B-Spec race for the owners to scout their teams from. And FTW I'm not cheating or plan on watching the races live as my time permits. I may occasionally watch for a minute. But I will be watching the recorded session during the weekday after the race FYI. So if there's any incidents to inform me of, I won't know what your talking about till mid-week from then.

I been ask by Mule if I can drive the 83 car for a full time.

picture.php

:lol: Congrats, Jakob. That's a good position for you. Remember, due to how your Sprint season went, your top goal should be to finish each race clean. After you establish that you should then start working on better finish positions. Good luck!

Mudd
:lol: Congrats, Jakob. That's a good position for you. Remember, due to how your Sprint season went, your top goal should be to finish each race clean. After you establish that you should then start working on better finish positions. Good luck!

Take head and listen :)

MustangRyan
I'm sure he meant "heed" but I can't argue with his advice as given. :lol:

I dunno, they do have some very different customs over there. :D

Better to take head than give it ;)

But yeah, I asked him if he wanted the seat. Honestly I see a lot if potential in the kid. If he can race clean (and not do stuff like punt me off in the first turn at Le Mans), he should be a threat.

Oh and in case you didn't see it, Chqr, RedPartyhat has moved up to sprint cup, which caused the vacancy that Jakob is taking.

No problem, updated OP. Congratulations, RedPartyHat.

Thanks, Crazy although the graphics have kinda flopped as the names are not aligned properly. :banghead:

Back