GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You guys think team orders will play a big part in the 300? Being such a long race that is.

I mean, if I hadn't called Joe to pull out of pushing the leader, Fastfox would have won the winter testing easily as those three were pulling away at a rate of knots.

Alright, I've been informed of some new details about Jakob that I wasn't previously aware of. This has led to some minor changes.

Jakob, as of right now will not be racing at Daytona or SSRX. I will be taking over in those races. Jakob will still race at the other tracks, but will be on a very short leash. On the other hand, if he improves, I'll allow him back at the drafty tracks, pending a team test.

I think this is fair for everyone.

MÜLE_9242;6818820
Alright, I've been informed of some new details about Jakob that I wasn't previously aware of. This has led to some minor changes.

Jakob, as of right now will not be racing at Daytona or SSRX. I will be taking over in those races. Jakob will still race at the other tracks, but will be on a very short leash. On the other hand, if he improves, I'll allow him back at the drafty tracks, pending a team test.

I think this is fair for everyone.

Honestly, if you work on the side with Jakob you will see he is very capable of being a team player. Mudd and I had tested with him sometime ago during the chase and he was 100% all good, for real, I'm serious. I think his inexperience gets his nerves when he is around everyone. Just spend some time in practice with the guy and I'm sure he will do alright and be allowed back at the drafty tracks again. Just tell him not to pull any Crazy's :lol: and I think other drivers will be just fine with him there.

Honestly, if you work on the side with Jakob you will see he is very capable of being a team player. Mudd and I had tested with him sometime ago during the chase and he was 100% all good, for real, I'm serious. I think his inexperience gets his nerves when he is around everyone. Just spend some time in practice with the guy and I'm sure he will do alright and be allowed back at the drafty tracks again. Just tell him not to pull any Crazy's :lol: and I think other drivers will be just fine with him there.

Errr no. 👎

I'll be honest my immediate reaction to hearing Jakob was in the #83 was to tell my team mates to avoid him on track...

Good call anyway Mule 👍

EDIT: On a side note, it seems we've got our decision on SSRX. 20 people is way more than we have here, although I understand some owners etc. may have voted. That's why I always make polls public, you can disregard the votes from random people who aren't affiliated with the series.

Last edited:
Well put it this way.....he can make his tires last 30 laps at Indy and 40 at Daytona. If I recall that's about twice as many laps on tires than you were doing last series :lol:

Car management is one thing. Respectable driving is another.

Well put it this way.....he can make his tires last 30 laps at Indy and 40 at Daytona. If I recall that's about twice as many laps on tires than you were doing last series :lol:

And I would say Crazy; testing with you and Mudd is one thing, racing in a pack of 15 cars is quite another 👍

kenkwilinski

Then why didn't you take him? I don't understand. There was a point you still had seats to fill and he was crying out.

Give the kid a break guys. Let's see him on track again. It's been a while since we were all ..... Jakob'd.

Then why didn't you take him? I don't understand. There was a point you still had seats to fill and he was crying out.

Give the kid a break guys. Let's see him on track again. It's been a while since we were all ..... Jakob'd.

I agree with both points there mate.

He just needs to earn the respect of the grid, which shouldn't be so hard here in the NNS if he keeps it clean as many of the guys involved don't have prior experience of driving with him.

And I would say Crazy; testing with you and Mudd is one thing, racing in a pack of 15 cars is quite another 👍

Car management is one thing. Respectable driving is another.

You both are right, I justed wanted to tell you from my experience with him on track what he is actually capable of doing. That's all. And good luck with that car management Furi :sly: :lol:

You know I couldn't resist Furi! Weren't we one of the rivalries of the series before :lol:???

You both are right, I justed wanted to tell you from my experience with him on track what he is actually capable of doing. That's all. And good luck with that car management Furi :sly: :lol:

You know I couldn't resist Furi! Weren't we one of the rivalries of the series before :lol:???

We were until I got bored and drove past you...

:sly:

:P

Sorry for the double post.....but I did want to comment on that.

I did consider him just for the sake of pis'n u guys off more. But I declined!

I was under the understanding that this series was created specifically for drivers who weren't quite ready for the Sprint Cup. If that's the case, then it should work fine. Mule is aware of the previous issues Jakob has had and has limited his schedule to accommodate the problem areas. It seems to be under control, that should be enough said on the topic.

Sorry for the double post.....but I did want to comment on that.

I did consider him just for the sake of pis'n u guys off more. But I declined!

That sounds more like trolling then seriously giving the championship a go, speaking of which, shouldn't you be focused on Sprint Cup more as that is actually what you are running pts for? :P

@Everyone, Good luck with this weekend, i'll be watching this thread and the fortunes of the #43 and #99 team. 👍

That sounds more like trolling then seriously giving the championship a go, speaking of which, shouldn't you be focused on Sprint Cup more as that is actually what you are running pts for? :P

@Everyone, Good luck with this weekend, i'll be watching this thread and the fortunes of the #43 and #99 team. 👍

Try tune into the stream if your race finishes early mate, I watched the saved replay from last week and it's really gripping stuff 👍

I was under the understanding that this series was created specifically for drivers who weren't quite ready for the Sprint Cup. If that's the case, then it should work fine. Mule is aware of the previous issues Jakob has had and has limited his schedule to accommodate the problem areas. It seems to be under control, that should be enough said on the topic.

Good call Mudd 👍

I guess you can be the voice of reasoning for HMS as I might sometimes come off as very outspoken :lol:

Of course I'm trolling the NW thread, lots of **** goin down in here. And of course HMS is ready for the SprintCup! Just as I need to make sure my RCR team is looking good too. And if they need help for an event you can count on me to drive with them!

EDIT: this is the double post, my bad. I knew it was coming as this not so smart phone doesn't like to refresh web pages on its own.

Mudd

Pretty much this.

JakobNascar88
Thank you guys, I would like to race on saturday at daytona.

Can I get a interview?

Like I told you in the PM, you will not be racing on Saturday. You will not be racing at Daytona or SSRX at all until you can prove to everyone that you are capable of being of being aware of your surroundings, listening to people, and generally, not causing crashes that are 100% avoidable.

Will the point for pole work the same as in sprint cup? (whoever gets the fastest time gets the point regardless off where they actually start)

DrifterJoe
Will the point for pole work the same as in sprint cup? (whoever gets the fastest time gets the point regardless off where they actually start)

Also. Is 2/3 points on offer for standing in for a driver who can't make a race?

Also. Is 2/3 points on offer for standing in for a driver who can't make a race?

I assumed that was out, since they are dropping one of the results from race 2-9. Only race 1 and 10 can not be dropped, as they are the longest and most important.

Why not? I can't imagine someone getting a point for a glitch pole.

The thought is that you can use a different setup (or even car, really) to win the pole, leave the track to apply your race setup (or switch cars), and return to the track in time to start the race. When you leave the track the first time, you forfeit your first starting position, but would still be credited with the 1 point for pole by the league host.

Back