GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I don't rely on other people to tune my car or push me to a win. I actually can do it all. But I don't think we will ever see that here.

At least I don't rely on other people to tune my car or push me to a win. I actually can do it all. But I don't think we will ever see that here.

Oh so suddenly team co-operation is a bad thing. Remember when I destroyed you at Suzuka last season? That was my set-up. When you can win a race on your own let me know. Oh wait I forgot, you need your team mates. Your argument null and void. Who's trash talking now?

Just because you've been here a long time, doesn't automatically mean that you deserve more respect than the rest of the drivers. Dealing with non-team-mates? How about hanging me out to dry at the end of the 500?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

This is a clean series, and only clean driving will be tolerated. It is very possible to pass without pushing people out of your way. Get behind cars in the corners, run about 6 car-lenghts behind them, draft up right behind them on the straight, and pull out to pass with the push from your teammates. It's simple. ACDC and I made several passes on the outside, and also defended the lead by staying high when challenged on the inside by other cars. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of the outside, other than the worry that the guy inside of you is going to put you in the wall.

This is a clean series, and only clean driving will be tolerated. It is very possible to pass without pushing people out of your way. Get behind cars in the corners, run about 6 car-lenghts behind them, draft up right behind them on the straight, and pull out to pass with the push from your teammates. It's simple. ACDC and I made several passes on the outside, and also defended the lead by staying high when challenged on the inside by other cars. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of the outside, other than the worry that the guy inside of you is going to put you in the wall.

I'm not afraid of the outside :lol:

I agree with Drop, it's very easy to make a clean pass. And it's easier here then any other NASCAR series on GTP that I know of. Mainly because everyone on track has equal respect for each other. I know I don't currently race in this (although I'm a reserve for RBR) I know if I seen a faster car approaching I would be racing it all the way. Unless like the IROC series last week when it was last 3 laps when I got lapped, I pulled over not to cause any hassle. I'm by no means a fast driver, or a trash talker. I'm 15 and I'm not fast or don't talk trash, I don't seem to fit into your stereotype? I also know of other respectful drivers in this series my age. Cowboys, Akmuq, and Furinkazen (A little older but not the point.)

Cowboys and Akmuq are very fast and Furi has his days. But they don't go round saying if you get in my way I'll punt you off.

You arguments are invalid.

You are a respected racer in this series, and more so a very useful statistician. We're not against you, and nor should you us. So everybody just get along.

I also know of other respectful drivers in this series my age. Cowboys, Akmuq, and Furinkazen (A little older but not the point.)

Cowboys and Akmuq are very fast and Furi has his days. But they don't go round saying if you get in my way I'll punt you off.

As if you didn't mention me....

I'm emotionally scarred.

But your point is a good one 👍

I agree with Drop, it's very easy to make a clean pass. And it's easier here then any other NASCAR series on GTP that I know of. Mainly because everyone on track has equal respect for each other. I know I don't currently race in this (although I'm a reserve for RBR) I know if I seen a faster car approaching I would be racing it all the way. Unless like the IROC series last week when it was last 3 laps when I got lapped, I pulled over not to cause any hassle. I'm by no means a fast driver, or a trash talker. I'm 15 and I'm not fast or don't talk trash, I don't seem to fit into your stereotype? I also know of other respectful drivers in this series my age. Cowboys, Akmuq, and Furinkazen (A little older but not the point.)

You arguments are invalid.

You are a respected racer in this series, and more so a very useful statistician. We're not against you, and nor should you us. So everybody just get along.

This. And as for this week, I intend on winning.

TomMcD
As if you didn't mention me....

I'm emotionally scarred.

But your point is a good one 👍

I forgot you cause you don't actually race Sprint Cup? But again, Tom is a few years younger then me, has his days like Furi, also has his bad days. Never see him blaming or flaming anyone about it, but makes his argument if he's right like anyone else.

Of course there's gonna be some aggression and arguments over any race. But leave it on track. And I don't mean by punting anyone off before someone calls me on that.

I forgot you cause you don't actually race Sprint Cup? But again, Tom is a few years younger then me, has his days like Furi, also has his bad days. Never see him blaming or flaming anyone about it, but makes his argument if he's right like anyone else.

Of course there's gonna be some aggression and arguments over any race. But leave it on track. And I don't mean by punting anyone off before someone calls me on that.

Tom is #99 full-time driver...

And I am still in this. I may have no drive but saturday proved I am strong.

Furinkazen
Tom is #99 full-time driver...

And I am still in this. I may have no drive but saturday proved I am strong.

Oh thought he raced Nationwide over this? And thought you had a reserve seat somewhere?

You are strong in NASCAR's, by far your strongest in them.

I'm 100% serious when I say that everyone should save the race replay after every single race. If there's something worth discussing, I would like for someone to be able to bring it up rationally, have it reviewed, and see what needs to be addressed, and what doesn't. If anyone has something specific that is worth discussing from yesterday, please let us all know. Otherwise, let's all just move on from here.

Oh thought he raced Nationwide over this? And thought you had a reserve seat somewhere?

You are strong in NASCAR's, by far your strongest in them.

Tom does Nationwide as co-host. He drives full time for #99 driver points. I've raced once last night in his place and got 4th pushing Joe. Proving i'm not as hopeless as people believe. Also may have big news soon I hope...

MustangRyan
I'm 100% serious when I say that everyone should save the race replay after every single race. If there's something worth discussing, I would like for someone to be able to bring it up rationally, have it reviewed, and see what needs to be addressed, and what doesn't. If anyone has something specific that is worth discussing from yesterday, please let us all know. Otherwise, let's all just move on from here.

Agreed 100%. Make your arguments on what you know rather then what you think.

Tom does Nationwide as co-host. He drives full time for #99 driver points. I've raced once last night in his place and got 4th pushing Joe. Proving i'm not as hopeless as people believe. Also may have big news soon I hope...

I have little to do with Nationwide anymore as I don't drive there, I just act as a backup host. Yep, what he said; I'm full time 👍

TomMcD
I have little to do with Nationwide anymore as I don't drive there, I just act as a backup host. Yep, what he said; I'm full time 👍

As you can tell I'm easily confused. Does that mean your in TOCA?

As you can tell I'm easily confused. Does that mean your in TOCA?

No Tom runs in nationwide but does not score points. Same applies to drop and a couple others as you can only earn points in 1 series.

Furinkazen
No Tom runs in nationwide but does not score points. Same applies to drop and a couple others as you can only earn points in 1 series.

But he just said he doesn't drive there?

:confused:

Yeah, I still need to double-check all of the laps led for 60 laps. I haven't had much time today. It is Easter Sunday, after all. ;)

Put it this way:

I'm Far Beyond Driven!

Any of you kids know what that means?

Lots of kids listen to Pantera. Not a very good band at all, really.

But you're clearly overreacting. I really fail to see any valid reasons for blowing up like this, other than being a pretentious crybaby on purpose, which I know you like to do. Seriously, it's annoying.

And to be frank, RedPartyHat has the best chance out of all of us to beat Joe at Monza. Should be a good points day for Red Bull when I finish 3rd behind them.

Call me whatever you want Mule. I'm not the one calling people names. And pretentious crybaby? How about your a snob! Now that's childish. I'm just sick of this series. I put too much time in it to not get rewarded and only knocked down. And if you still think I suck. Look at my NW team, RCR. I give those guys all strategies n setups to a tee and they perform the best out of all the drivers in that series. Kinda frustrating for me. And to add, you have homeslice giving Furi a tune, and now Furi thinks he's god. Also, you have Joe giving Knelly tunes, which is bogus. I just don't feel like I'm in the "In-Crowd" here. I can't compete against a bunch of kids, my problem not yours. Put it this way, I spend time on stats and helping my RCR team and I get no credit where its due. Just a bunch of crap.

You'd probably get more credit if you avoided these long rants. Just saying. I'm not trying to insult you here, but this stuff you pull sometimes is ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with sharing setups. in fact, in the other series I'm in, it's encouraged for the sake of better racing. Isn't that what this is about? Good racing?

Oh thats me :confused:

Our nationwide team has gone through a lot of changes, so some confusion is expected. Basically if there are 3 full time nationwide drivers in our team, me and Tom don't race there. If there are 2 full time drivers, we take turns in the third car. If there is only one full time driver, we both race.

EDIT: I'm not giving Knelly tunes. He gave me his Indy qualifying setup during the chase and that's what I have been working on for myself. Knelly wouldn't get my worked-on version of his setup unless he was in my team.

Also, Homeslice giving Furi a tune doesn't mean anything. He sent Furi his car from last season which had his setups on it. It has the same Indy setup that all of Ford (and Knelly) used in the Indy chase finale. Furi would have these setups even if he hadn't been sent that car, since they are the same ones still currently being used by Ford this season.

Last edited:
Joe's not giving Knelly a tune! He's working on a tune that Knelly used to use!

There is no in crowd, there's people who get respect, something you're not going to be gaining anytime soon with random outbursts and over reactions.

Homeslice gave joe that tune last season, because they were team mates at Ford. I think joe, knelly, and homeslice all put their tunes together (knelly's q setup and home's race setup) in last season's Chase, forging a team-to-team alliance not dissimilar from the one that existed between SGR and RBR for most of last season (which no one complained about).

Now, furi gets setups from joe, because they share a team interest. Suddenly, two full teams have the same setup, but only because two people that shared info last season changed teams.

That's not because they are sharing only with friends, it's because their team allegiances changed. Joe isn't even telling Knelly how he improved his own setup.

OFFICIAL Indy Results:

1. #11 Droptop2001gt (45 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #18 ACDCROCKS123 (5 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #43 JoeOfTheFire (Pole Position) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #99 Furinkazen (1 lap led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #48 dowhat13 - 12 points
6. #83 MULE_9242 - 11 points
7. #42 Knelly (3 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #14 TRYNOR88 - 0 points (Nationwide Driver)
9. #88 Mudd - 8 points
10. #24 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (2 laps led) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #83 RedPartyHat (2 laps led) - 6 points, +1 bonus point
12. #20 jtsharkin9 (2 laps led) - 0 points (Nationwide Driver)

Driver's Championship:
1L1LX.jpg

Owner's Championship:
xcCmX.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:
6y2xx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back