GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the write up Drop. Would like to see this maybe every 3 or 5 races?

Thought my first road podium may have got a mention, but all good.

Long may you stay bored at work :lol:

I think I've decided on how I'm going to run the ownership draft for Season 4 of the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup.

The 8 Chase drivers will have the option to claim ownership of a team or pass on team ownership, based on their final points position order.

After the top 8 Chase drivers, the next 3 choices will belong to the top 3 finishers in the Nationwide Series standings.

After that will be the remaining Sprint Cup drivers from 9th to 12th in points, in order of the final standings.

If the draft is still going, we will finish by going down the remaining Nationwide standings, starting at position #4.

So, this is what the draft order will look like:

1. Sprint Cup Series Champion
2. Sprint Cup points runner-up
3. Sprint Cup third overall
4. Sprint Cup fourth overall
5. Sprint Cup fifth overall
6. Sprint Cup sixth overall
7. Sprint Cup seventh overall
8. Sprint Cup eighth overall
9. Nationwide Series Champion
10. Nationwide Series runner-up
11. Nationwide Series third overall
12. Sprint Cup 9th overall
13. Sprint Cup 10th overall
14. Sprint Cup 11th overall
15. Sprint Cup 12th overall
16. Nationwide Series fourth overall
17. Nationwide Series fifth overall
18. Nationwide Series sixth overall
19. Nationwide Series seventh overall
20. Nationwide Series eighth overall
etc...

Remember, the draft is over as soon as the five Sprint Cup teams have a team owner. It could be over after just 5 people, if they all accept an ownership role with a team. Or, it could take as long as 15-20 people, if lots of drivers pass up on the chance to own a team, like last season.

Also, we do not yet know if the Sprint Cup owners for season 4 will own their respective Nationwide teams. That will be decided by the top 11 or so drivers once the drafting order is known, but before the draft begins.

Love the write up Drop. Would like to see this maybe every 3 or 5 races?

Thought my first road podium may have got a mention, but all good.

Long may you stay bored at work :lol:

I might make this a running week-to-week Monday commentary, we'll see. It might not be as relevant with the Nationwide series about to come to a close for the end of the season in only 2 more weeks.

Sorry I didn't mention the Monza podium, I was trying to hit two highlights per person, and the win and 2nd overall certainly seemed bigger in the overall scope of things. Plus, a weekly Power Ranking should be more about recent events, which is what I tried to stick to, for the most part.

Great idea. Really keeps the Nationwide guys heavily involved 👍

Forgot to say, perhaps you could make it clear that it is up to the Sprint Cup Team Owner if they wish to delegate responsibility of the Nationwide Team to another driver.

I'm sure at least smuffy, Carbonox or TRYNOR would love to own a Nationwide Team. I mean they're going to be extremely helpful in their Nationwide Teams with setups and strategies. I for one would love to be under the wing of one of those guys.

Nonetheless, great job on the draft. I'll create a logo for you, Drop once more. 👍

EDIT:
fa5xt5.png

Last edited:
It's a nice system but almost certainly throws away any chance of ownership I had..

Unless I was to win the next two races I wouldn't have much chance of ownership. And that basically means I won't.. Anyway, with the strong finish at HSR I'm hoping for a offered seat. 👍

You never know mate. It went really far down the list for this season with a lot of drivers opting to pass and be part of another team.

I foresee not all SC owners will take a Nationwide Team as well, bringing mor opportunities.

Forgot to say, perhaps you could make it clear that it is up to the Sprint Cup Team Owner if they wish to delegate responsibility of the Nationwide Team to another driver.

I'm sure at least smuffy, Carbonox or TRYNOR would love to own a Nationwide Team. I mean they're going to be extremely helpful in their Nationwide Teams with setups and strategies. I for one would love to be under the wing of one of those guys.

How about if we make the five Sprint Cup team owners the owners again for both series next season? If a team owner wishes to delegate the responsibility of running the Nationwide team to another driver (be it a Sprint Cup or Nationwide driver), that's their own decision to make.

RFLX_Niop put his other Sprint Cup driver, Knelly, in charge of SGR's Nationwide operation, and it's worked out great for both of them.

MULE runs his Nationwide team himself, and that's working great for him as well.

A Sprint Cup team owner in season 4 could even put their lead Nationwide driver in charge of the Nationwide team, if they wanted to.

Any of the above approaches to operating a Nationwide team should be perfectly acceptable.

Nonetheless, great job on the draft. I'll create a logo for you, Drop once more. 👍

EDIT: http://i48.tinypic.com/fa5xt5.png

Nice! 👍

It's a nice system but almost certainly throws away any chance of ownership I had..

Unless I was to win the next two races I wouldn't have much chance of ownership. And that basically means I won't.. Anyway, with the strong finish at HSR I'm hoping for a offered seat. 👍

I definitely want to make a great performance in the Nationwide Series a solid path to the Sprint Cup, as it should be. I think this drafting structure accomplishes that, while still giving a majority of the control to the existing top-performing Sprint Cup drivers, IF they are willing to do it. For those that don't get selected to a Sprint Cup seat for next season, I want them to see that a great season in the Nationwide series could be their ticket right back to the Sprint Cup for the following season. It should keep the Nationwide Series relevant every season.

quROh.jpg

Image above edited to reflect Knelly's season 1 Indy win in the SGR #14 Chevy instead of the JGR #18 Toyota.

Stat book below updated with Overall, Reg Season, Oval, Indy, Road Course, and HSR stats!

Attachments

• GTP_NASCAR_SPRINT_CUP_Stats.zip
    69.6 KB · Views: 13
Just had RFLX add me on iRacing and wondered whether any of you guys have got it?

If so, you can find me under Tom McDonald 👍

TomMcD
Just had RFLX add me on iRacing and wondered whether any of you guys have got it?

Jesus stop going oooonnnn about it.... :rolleyes:

I should have it soon enough when I get my laptop :D

Jesus stop going oooonnnn about it.... :rolleyes:

I should have it soon enough when I get my laptop :D

Sorry dude :lol:

Just thought I'd ask since people tend to forget about the GTP users directory so it's tricky to find guys from the site without asking.

Hendricks will not have any drivers for the next race. So Matty can drive for me. And if Smuffy or Carbonox want to drive for Dowhat or Mudd they can. And if they don't, any other interested drivers please let me know.

Hendricks will not have any drivers for the next race. So Matty can drive for me. And if Smuffy or Carbonox want to drive for Dowhat or Mudd they can. And if they don't, any other interested drivers please let me know.

I'm sure Matty will take you up on one of your three open seats. You might want to talk to Stormtrooper217, I know he was looking to get in some Sprint Cup seat time. Furinkazen also might want to take a drive this week, as SS Route X might give him the best chance to earn a victory and grab a wild card spot.

I can attempt to do this weekend now that a chance has been given. Should be ready following my fairly strong race in NW 👍

Ah, I can't see as i'm on the mobile app right now. Cheers Drop.

Nice work man, that's an awesome finish 👍

I wish I did, can't afford it though until personal circumstances change here.

Need more NASCAR in my life :D

Knelly
I wish I did, can't afford it though until personal circumstances change here.

Need more NASCAR in my life :D

Man, it's all the NASCAR you'll ever need. Trucks, NW, Cup, Late Models, Modifieds, Street Stocks...i'll shut up now :lol:

Man, it's all the NASCAR you'll ever need. Trucks, NW, Cup, Late Models, Modifieds, Street Stocks... ARCA brakes, exploding fire trucks.. going 3 and 4 wide on the dyno... i'll shut up now :lol:

Fixed ;)

I have an account, but I deactivated it until I can get a better computer.

Furinkazen

ABS is for wimps anyway ;)

I'd turn it off on GT5 if they didn't give the disadvantage of locking up whilst everybody with it on 1 has no such issues. You would need to have everyone not using them for it to work across the board.

ABS is for wimps anyway ;)

I'd turn it off on GT5 if they didn't give the disadvantage of locking up whilst everybody with it on 1 has no such issues. You would need to have everyone not using them for it to work across the board.

I didn't say a thing about ABS... :confused:

Cheers Nate, will add you when i'm at a PC. Did you get out of our race quick enough for the 600 last weekend?

I'm probably not going to run this event next year as it wasn't enjoyable at all. Only 6 cars were left running in my split and couldn't get more than 5 lap green flag run till lap 250 or so of the 400 laps. 3 or 4 guys blew their engines with 20 to go due to earlier incidents. I was caught up in a incident on lap 218 that put me 31 laps down.

Furinkazen
I didn't say a thing about ABS... :confused:

I thought you were talking about the lack of ABS when you mentioned ARCA brakes, was mistaken :P

Sad to hear Nate, that's the issue with people that don't usually drive these cars hopping in for one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back