◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Hey guys. Just putting up a quick, last minute update for Monday mayhem. We are starting out with with C&M, and finishing C&M. The summer lull has killed normal participation. So I'm hoping this will help keep MM going through the lull.

Rally, please go ahead and host tonight's Monday Mayhem in the open lobby. Hopefully, we'll be able to attract enough "pubbers" to have several Cat & Mouse teams of three or even four! :dopey:

Count me in for tonight. I've been skipping them the past couple weeks but I need something to do tonight. :)

I must say that hearing that some of you didn't break-in your cars is disappointing to say the least.

Sorry, zero. I normally do break my cars in. I just had an exceptionally busy week. Starting Tuesday, I interviewed (twice) for and landed a new job. Had a poker night. Had a family night. Went camping. Went to a Girl Scout Build-a-Bear thing with my girls. Had a cookout at my in-laws. Then ran home, bought the new cars and hopped online. :)

I actually thought about requesting a copy of a pre-broken-in car from someone, but then I just figured that's what I get for not getting it done earlier in the week when I actually had a few minutes of free time to fire up a Bspec event.

Sorry, zero. I normally do break my cars in. I just had an exceptionally busy week. Starting Tuesday, I interviewed (twice) for and landed a new job. Had a poker night. Had a family night. Went camping. Went to a Girl Scout Build-a-Bear thing with my girls. Had a cookout at my in-laws. Then ran home, bought the new cars and hopped online. :)

I actually thought about requesting a copy of a pre-broken-in car from someone, but then I just figured that's what I get for not getting it done earlier in the week when I actually had a few minutes of free time to fire up a Bspec event.

I can officially say I am no longer busy :)

Awesome week spooble 👍

EDIT: congrats on the new job!

M3 GTR Race Car Challenge Final Results and Prizes

Driver Standings

GTP - PSN
#1 - AJKVail - AJK-VAIL - 199pts.
#2 - fzappa - tcrash15 - 184pts.
#3 - cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - 167pts.
#4 - sharkie - M1SS-D3V10US - 148pts.
#5 -kcheeb - kcheeb - 96 pts.
#6 - zer05ive - zer05ive - 84pts.
#7 - dabneyd - dabneyd - 76pts.
#8 - unrealanthony - unrealanthony - 28pts.
#9 - GTP-esh -GTP-esh - 26pts.
#10 - irmopars - Mighty_mopar - 20pts.
#11 - dvddoughboy - dvddoughboy - 20pts.
#12 - dudeondacouch - dudeondacouch 9pts.
#13 - tezgm99 - tezgm99 - 9pts.

Prizes:

1st Place - AJKVail

BMW M3 GTS

bmwm3gts000_opt.jpg

2nd Place - fzappa

BMW 1M
bmw-1m-coupe.jpg

3rd Place - Prize deferred to sharkie as I didn't want to give myself the prize for 3rd.

Alpina BMW 2002 Turbo
1974_BMW_2002_Turbo_Front_1.jpg

I would like to once again thank all those who have participated this season. Even though I wish more drivers could have made it, I couldn't have done it with out those who did show up. I have had an extremely good time racing with all that have joined me, and there were plenty of memorable moments throughout the entire calender. I also hope that the next season with the Lotus Elise 111R Race Modified will turn out even better than this. I ask that anyone who wants to join from this last series or anyone in the league that would like to join up, to please post in the thread for the series at the following link. I will be sending the prizes out in starting tonight. Thanks again for all the great racing.:cheers:

Lotus Elise 111R Race Modified Series

Hey guys!! I'm replying to a message I got from one of you on psn. It sounds very interesting and I would like to join your league. I love the fact that you guys only except clean racing. Hard to find in online play. not sure what else you need to know. Holla back!

Hey guys!! I'm replying to a message I got from one of you on psn. It sounds very interesting and I would like to join your league. I love the fact that you guys only except clean racing. Hard to find in online play. not sure what else you need to know. Holla back!

Hey JeffHarris,

Thanks for taking the time to look us up. I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Okay, very last call for the Tuesday series in July: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=254769

We had 12 drivers, but we are now down to 11, and may fall down to 10. With four constructors, having 12 drivers worked out very well. Are there two more drivers out there?

If not, is there one more tuner out there? If we have 10 drivers and 5 tuners, then we can have teams of 2 instead of teams of 3.

Kcheeb...sorry, don't wanna clog this thread up...the only other thing I can't find is when I know what cars to get for Sunday. I see they change and just wanna be able to break 'em in properly. Also, how do I find/enter the lounge come race time?

Yeah. There were several complaints again this week that the stewards are looking into. We should have our rulings wrapped up by this evening so that the standings are official and the winners can choose the new cars and tracks. When everything is chosen, zer0 will edit it onto the first page.

You can find the lounge by clicking on the "COMMUNITY" tab in GT5. Scroll down to the proper name ("SNAIL_Division3" for your first week, it should be at the bottom) and click on that. Then click on the coffee cup "Lounge" icon. Join that and you're in.

Don't worry about cluttering up this thread. A little read through (yeah, right) will show just how off-topic we sometimes get. If you aren't having fun, go away. :crazy:

Kcheeb...sorry, don't wanna clog this thread up...the only other thing I can't find is when I know what cars to get for Sunday. I see they change and just wanna be able to break 'em in properly. Also, how do I find/enter the lounge come race time?

Hey JeffHarris,

You'll have to try harder than that to clog this thread up ;)

As Apmaddock said, the car/track combos should be finalized and posted here tonight.

Apmaddock & Goat filled you in on the SNAIL_Division3 and connecting to it, you should be pretty much good to go!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Yeah. There were several complaints again this week that the stewards are looking into. We should have our rulings wrapped up by this evening so that the standings are official and the winners can choose the new cars and tracks. When everything is chosen, zer0 will edit it onto the first page.

I'd like to give a big shout out and a huge THANK YOU to all of the stewards who have been going beyond the call of duty to ensure that we remain a clean racing league. As they do every week, they've been uploading, downloading, viewing, and deliberating every race incident that is reported in order to try to come up with a fair and effective resolution to each one. I just wanted to point out to the rest of the league how much work goes into this as I know we are all appreciative of their efforts. :bowdown:

And as funny as it may sound, I would also like to thank all of the drivers who've been involved in incidents since we implemented the racing complaint process. I'm not a steward myself, but I do have access to the group so I'm able to see some of the communication between the drivers involved. I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the civility and objectivity of the drivers when discussing the racing incidents with each other. Even when the involved drivers don't agree on the cause or who's at fault in the incident, I've not seen a single example of anything less that polite and professional conversation. It's a far cry from the name-calling and whining that you see from NASCAR drivers. :lol:

You were also not in my race and were barber poled on my screen. I was watching the replay that Devious sent in and we are both on that one. That pic was from lap one. There is another right before it where I fly over the top of you.

picture.php

I watched the replay 6 or 7 times from the beginning and never noticed this.

Thankfully the two of you were mutually excluded. If one could see the other but not vice-versa there were bound to be larger, more race-impacting problems.

POST 7000!

Last edited:
We DO allow driving aids in D3. You just can't be promoted if you use them.

Perhaps that needs to be made more obvious somewhere.

Making D3 more entry level will just be creating a S.N.A.I.L. junior which would necessarily be an entirely separate league.

I would rather race with 30 people who are playing the same game as me than 200 playing different games.

I would guess that more newcomers are dropping in one week because they haven't spent the time to figure out how the league works (read: read the OP) than are dropping because they've actually raced and found it too difficult.

There was lots of good discussion regarding D3 yesterday and I'd like to revisit it and ^this post in particular because it has an actionable item that we can resolve fairly quickly. Although this policy is linked in the 'Settings' section of the original post, perhaps it's worded in a way that almost makes it seem taboo to take advantage of the driving aids that are allowed in D3. This is how it currently reads:

Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed (some exceptions can be made - click here for details)

What if we were to changed it to read something like this:

Driving Aids:
  • Division 1: Only ABS allowed
  • Division 2: Only ABS allowed
  • Division 3: Only ABS, TCS, and Driving Line allowed

Would that make it simpler and less taboo for D3 drivers to use those aids if they so choose? We can even delete the hyperlink to that policy because the policy itself may be worded in a way that makes it discouraging to use the aids.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

There was lots of good discussion regarding D3 yesterday and I'd like to revisit it and ^this post in particular because it has an actionable item that we can resolve fairly quickly. Although this policy is linked in the 'Settings' section of the original post, perhaps it's worded in a way that almost makes it seem taboo to take advantage of the driving aids that are allowed in D3. This is how it currently reads:

Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed (some exceptions can be made - click here for details)

Driving Aids:

Would that make it simpler and less taboo for D3 drivers to use those aids if they so choose? We can even delete the hyperlink to that policy because the policy itself may be worded in a way that makes it discouraging to use the aids.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Interesting, I was thinking about changing the D3 settings like that, something about great minds and fools :)

I like the idea, no muss, no fuss in the lounges for the Drivers.

Two issues I can see are (and they're not insurmountable):

1. The D3 Race Director would have to scan each drivers settings to make note of who could and could not be promoted.
2. The S.N.A.I.L. Herder would need to know who used aids, so they didn't promote someone ineligible.

Driving Aids:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Great idea! But I think that you should also add that if aids are used in D3 then there is no promotion for that driver. Should add that next to D3 list if not already.:)

Next to the new Drivers Aid list, so there is no confustion if so called driver comes in 1st overall.

Last edited:
Great idea! But I think that you should also add that if aids are used in D3 then there is no promotion for that driver. Should add that next to D3 list if not already.:)

Next to the new Drivers Aid list, so there is no confustion if so called driver comes in 1st overall.

Why would it matter if the so called driver was promoted, there are no driving aids allowed in D2 anyway?

Why would it matter if the so called driver was promoted, there are no driving aids allowed in D2 anyway?

Because a driver who is already accustomed to drivings without TCS and Driving Line will be better prepared to provide the D2 drivers with closer competition. Having someone lose the ability to use the aids they are accustomed to while simultaneously letting them compete against faster drivers would not be a good combination. The reverse grid races could be particularly chaotic. :scared:

I think it's best to make sure drivers who are promoted to D2 have proven that they can win in D3 using the same rules that D2 uses. Let me know if you disagree.

Right on...thanks guys! Wow !! You all are so damn nice and informative. I really appreciate the help 'cause I am a newbie!! Still learning things right now. Can't wait to race! Should be able to go to the tutorial on Thursday with Sharkie that Handlebar told me about. :)

Right on...thanks guys! Wow !! You all are so damn nice and informative. I really appreciate the help 'cause I am a newbie!! Still learning things right now. Can't wait to race! Should be able to go to the tutorial on Thursday with Sharkie that Handlebar told me about. :)

I'm glad you were told about it. I have work every night this week except for Wednesday, which is practice night. I will not be able to host tutoring this week, in fact, I will not be able to race this Sunday night either (6-17), due to work. Even if I can get out of work early on Sunday evening I will not make it home in time, I'll still miss the first round of racing. I apologize to everyone, but I've been trying to work things out with work to make it this week, but it's just not in the cards.

Cheeb --
Please noted this post as advance notes of my Willingness, but sadly, I'm Unable to Attend the races this Sunday (6-17) evening.

Jeff --
I'll talk to Mopar about hosting tutoring for me Thursday. He's my fastest student, and he's using in the top 3 most weeks for division 1.

Cheeb --
Please noted this post as advance notes of my Willingness, but sadly, I'm Unable to Attend the races this Sunday (6-17) evening.

Real life getting in the way again :(

Thanks for letting us know!

Back