◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
At least you weren't running the Focus at 74% power for the past week. :dopey: . I found out just before the second race and adjusted the limiter back to 100%. Not sure it helped much seeing as it completely changed the car.

At least you weren't running the Focus at 74% power for the past week. :dopey: . I found out just before the second race and adjusted the limiter back to 100%. Not sure it helped much seeing as it completely changed the car.

:lol: you must have been flat out the whole race!

:lol: you must have been flat out the whole race!

Yeah, I was flat out and everyone kept pulling away leaving me very :confused:

What is even more crazy is that I was almost 10 seconds off pace during Thursday Night Tutoring. I did a 50 lap practice session on Saturday and managed to take 6 seconds off leaving me 4 or 5 seconds off pace but still unsure of how to go faster. I did the "draw straight lines from corner to corner in reverse" and all that stuff. It was driving me crazy.

Last edited:
What is the alternative, kick the people out who get too fast? At some point we're all going to get faster, I would hope. Do we want to keep the driver skill level at the lowest common denominator, or do we want to constantly improve? My thought is if you're too slow, go practice some more. Not everyone can be competitive.

Wouldn't the alternative be to have a 'racing' group where those who want to take it very seriously can do their thing, and those who are here just to have fun can be in the 'club' group?

Here's some pics of last nights race in D1:

TsukubaCircuit-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_1-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_6-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_5-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_4-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_9.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_3-1.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_1.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_2.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_3.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_4.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_5.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_6.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_7.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_8.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_9.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-3.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2-1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_5-2.jpg

What you are about to see is executed on a closed course by a professional. Children , please do not attempt to do this at home.

Wow, I'm surprised at how many people didn't show up for D3. I would be upset at such a tiny grid. The only way to get better at pack racing is to actually be in a pack. Next time that happens, maybe we can send some drivers from D2 or have D3 drive with D2.

Like spooble, I don't have much free time during the week to break in the cars or practice the combos. Not breaking in is really noticeable on tracks with long straights or turns you can go full throttle through. That's fine though, because it forces me to be better everywhere else. I learn how to exit corners with more speed, maintain consistency, and be patient for when someone's mistake allows me to make a clean pass.

I really enjoy this group and feel that it is run as fair as possible. Glenn mentioned that there are a lot of rules that might deter new drivers. When I joined, the first thing I did was look for the rules. No one wants to make a bad first impression. So what if reading the OP took a few minutes? Doing that probably saved me a whole lot of confusion on my first Sunday.

It was mentioned that we are all getting better and striving to move up Divisions. GTP has it's own 5 Division system broken down further into Gold, Silver, and Bronze subdivisions. We only have 3 Divisions. Now I know we don't have nearly as many drivers. What I like about it is how it levels the competition in a linear fashion. Right now, our Stewards get together and do their best to level out the competition while trying to keep an even distribution of members through the divisions. That leads to drivers being relegated to a lower division and being top dog the whole night. Even though I know they are a better racer, "Why is this crazy fast guy in my division?" still crosses my mind. Unless someone can step up and be faster than the relegated driver, the fast driver is almost assured to be promoted.

I'm not sure how fun it is being much faster than your competition*cough*A-spec*cough*. Sure, everyone likes winning, but I feel much better after a competitive race than a blow-out.

First let me say to Rally, your point about being met with resistance when talking about driving aids is exactly what I'm talking about, there are always some who say, like already mentioned, well they need to practice more, I'd say that's true, but the difference is I, and other newbies haven't remembered these courses, and have seen them sparingly, there's no way for us to drive with out the driving line, it's an impossibility. All the practicing in the world won't help people new to this game for at least a year, how long did it take you to remember every track and braking points? Also, I'm not only suggesting for Sundays, but the weekly stuff as well. But, like I said before, these were just my opinions, I get that most of you don't agree with me and that's cool, I never expected you to. But on an off topic note, I just posted a nice lap on 8-5, now I'm only three seconds away from the leader:scared:

73a8795f.jpg

What the heck was that????? That's me in the #91 and I do not recall a car flying over the top of me.

As I said before with the use of aids. I don't care if TC or ASM is allowed. I would not race in a series where Skid Recovery was allowed.

My opinion on the driving line is that it is a crutch that will only make you slower. If you rely on it to teach you a track, you will never learn the visual ques that you need to know to run the track. All your focus is on the driving line and it isn't even the proper line in most cases.

Wouldn't the alternative be to have a 'racing' group where those who want to take it very seriously can do their thing, and those who are here just to have fun can be in the 'club' group?

Bro, that's a nice idea, good thinking.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10-2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_11-2.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!

You have no idea how long it took me to perfect that.

Edit: Oh, ha! That's the game's interpretation of tcrash seeing both me and bowler even though bowler was not on my screen. I only had 11 drivers on grid and I presume we were 12 on the last 2 races? Would explain bowler as barber pole before the race started.

bowler, did we end up near each other at all? I never saw you.

Last edited:
I love the fact that I can have a busy week like this past week, hop in Sunday night with un-broken-in cars, and still have a blast!

Don't tell me your cars weren't broken in!

…and here I thought that I was getting faster…

Hehe. Well the Supra was. I didn't even own the other 2 until last night. I did give them oil changes if that makes you feel better. :)

We had some great battles last night, though!

I would still like some explanation of how I got so many points last night despite only finishing one race.

I would still like some explanation of how I got so many points last night despite only finishing one race.

If you start a race and don't finish for whatever reason, you are awarded the points for last place or second last place if you disconnect after someone else.

It goes back to when we were awarding points based on how many people were racing that night. That way, the points awarded for a race did not change because someone left.

If you start a race and don't finish for whatever reason, you are awarded the points for last place or second last place if you disconnect after someone else.

It goes back to when we were awarding points based on how many people were racing that night. That way, the points awarded for a race did not change because someone left.

I actually assigned finishing positions based on how far you had gone down the track. There was a race where you and Timo disconnected. You left the room first, but you were further down the track than he was.

Not sure if you guys want to switch that around. I really think both of you were disconnected at the same time, and the game just left his car in the way for longer.

As soon as Google Drive behaves, I'll copy the sheets over so everyone can see the tentative points. For D3, I changed the finishing position to red for drivers that didn't finish the race. There were several races were only three of us finished.

esh

Edit: Oh, ha! That's the game's interpretation of tcrash seeing both me and bowler even though bowler was not on my screen. I only had 11 drivers on grid and I presume we were 12 on the last 2 races? Would explain bowler as barber pole before the race started.

bowler, did we end up near each other at all? I never saw you.

You were also not in my race and were barber poled on my screen. I was watching the replay that Devious sent in and we are both on that one. That pic was from lap one. There is another right before it where I fly over the top of you.

Maybe they have problems with the leaderboards (took a long time to show my lap times) ...One of my friend is on your pic...and he's at 33 flat since 6am...I haven't beat his time yet :). Nice lap tho 👍
Edit: Yep there's something wrong with the leaderboard.
esh
You went at the same racing school as Spooble?
6KSDHl.jpg

Last edited:
HAHA! I only wish that I could attribute mine to connection issues. I hit that wall HARD! :)
No it was me (you can see smoke/fire at the finish line).I started lagging half way through the parity racing night...(online is not good since 2.06).I had a good laugh.Here's another one...
Skid marks in the air.👍

UxXfnl.jpg

Hey guys. Just putting up a quick, last minute update for Monday mayhem. We are starting out with with C&M, and finishing C&M. The summer lull has killed normal participation. So I'm hoping this will help keep MM going through the lull.

That'd make you a "nateral" fit for this league. HAHAHAHA! :D

I'm normally not this funny. :grumpy:

All you have to do is what you did. Someone (probably kcheeb) will make a post with all of the requisite info links in it. In the mean time, get acquainted with the OP and the GTP OLR.

Welcome aboard!

I love the fact that I can have a busy week like this past week, hop in Sunday night with un-broken-in cars, and still have a blast!

I must say that hearing that some of you didn't break-in your cars is disappointing to say the least. I get that we all live busy lives, but it's not as if we're asking you to break in the cars yourself. If you read Step 4 at the bottom of the original post, you are reminded that you can use your B-spec drivers to do this for you. Something you will not notice in Step 4 is anything mentioning that breaking in your cars is optional. In other words, it's a requisite - not a recommendation. ;)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the foundation of this league is spec racing - meaning we all race identical cars with identical performance. This is the only way to make the driver the only variable. If some cars have been broken-in while some cars have not, we might as well be driving different cars (which defeats the point of of this league). :guilty:

Nobody can force anyone to break-in their cars, but I did feel like it was necessary to remind everyone that it's one of the listed steps that are to be completed before racing on Sunday night. If anyone genuinely does not have time to have a Bob break-in there car between the Tuesday that the new car(s) are announced and the Sunday that we race, please PM me and I will send you a fully broken-in car. 👍

How do I sign up for this league? It looks like fun and I hate tuning, but love driving!

Hey nateral00,

Consider yourself signed up! Don't listen to apmaddock, he really is funny :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Back