◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments

In the interest of the league and keeping the divisions as close as possible, numbers and competition wise, an adjustment was made to the drivers list posted yesterday.

I have to say, I'm more than happy to race in Division 1, 2 or 3, it's competing that I relish.

I must also apologize to cmbeal for missing yesterdays race and not letting him know. I am sorry.

I really enjoyed the series and wish I could have taken part in more of the nights! Well done on the series and I look forward to competing in as many of the next one as I can 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
since I've been demoted to div 3 for tonight o'll need the hosts to accept the fr I just sents to the div 3 account. thanks

Hey all,

I sent a reminder out to everyone and forgot to include the timezone.

Qualifying starts at:

7:00 P.M. Pacific Time
8:00 P.M. Mountain Time
9:00 P.M. Central Time
10:00 P.M. Eastern Time

10:30 P.M. Newfoundland Time :) Canadians here will understand :)

My apologies for not including it, I was trying to reduce the confusion :dopey:

Last edited:
Just got a PM reminding me of tonight's races, and noticed: qualifying starts at 9PM tonight? Is that correct or was that a mistake? Thought everything always started at 10.

EDIT: Well, that explains that. ^

Just got a PM reminding me of tonight's races, and noticed: qualifying starts at 9PM tonight? Is that correct or was that a mistake? Thought everything always started at 10.

EDIT: Well, that explains that. ^

Yeah, sorry about that.

I wasn't sure if I should spam you all again or just post here, sigh!

Racing in S.N.A.I.L. you will participate in or approach a lot of group battles. Our Division system matches driver skills and as such, you will often be in close proximity to other drivers. It's important to know what to do and how to do it when in or approaching a group fighting for position.

Taking the following rules to heart will help make everyone's racing experience better 👍

11: Group Battle:

A:
When approaching a battle with 2 or more cars, be extra careful since those cars can change driving lines quickly when trying to defend/overtake. The cars in front will already be driving close, so finding a good overtaking spot is much harder. The same rules apply as when overtaking a single car.

B:
If you cause a crash in a group battle wait for all the effected drivers who were in front or/and driving next to you and let them get past. This doesn't include affected drivers who were driving behind you.

C:
When a crash occurs in a group battle, it’s vital to minimize risks for additional crashes. Slow down if needed, and try to drive on the clear side of the track. Overtaking is still allowed, but only under 1 or more of these conditions:

The risk of hitting other cars is minimal.
You overtake to avoid crashing into cars in front of you.
Slowing down would make you a mobile obstruction for other cars.

D:
When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so.

Hey guys, still trying to get the most out of my connection, and I found an article that seems to suggest setting the Race Quality option to a lower setting will help people with worse connections, without having any visual effect on the racing (except maybe to the person with the low speeds). I have a feeling what it really does is allow people with slow connections remain in the race rather than disconnecting them. Since it could cause issues of lag, it might not be a good idea, but it's something to perhaps consider.

Don't you have about as many issues in a race as you do in the lobby? It sounds more to me like a problem of an inconsistent connection. Lowering race quality would, I believe, only benefit people with poor ping or throughput.

…but then that's all conjecture…

D:
When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so.
Bump drafting is not allowed?

We typically don't do much of that anyway.

Speak for yourself. ;)

I think it's talking more about trying to bump draft while stuck in the middle of a multi-car pack. Doing so is more likely to cause an incident than just bump-drafting another car when you are in a line.

Last edited:
Alright, everyone. We've got a few changes and a defined system regarding contact and penalties.

Penalty for contact:
1. First offense. Race DQ plus five points if the victim loses any positions on the race track.
2. Second offense. Race DQ plus ten points if the victim loses any positions on the race track.
3. Third offense. Race DQ plus twenty points if the victim loses any positions on the race track.
4. Fourth offense. DQ from the entire night if the victim loses any positions on the track plus a one week suspension from all SNAIL activities.

These offenses can stack over several weeks' time. These of course only apply to incidents that are deemed to be poor racecraft and not unavoidable contact. Incidents would also "fall off" after 6 sundays raced by the offending driver. In all of these instances the race DQ would be dropped if the driver made a contact concession but the point penalty would still apply. The fourth offense would not drop the night DQ penalty if a contact concession was made.

Ghosting violations
Passing through a ghosted car when it is avoidable:

1. One point for the first position gained. Each subsequent position adds double the penalty points: 1, 2, 4, and so on. This infraction will not incur a suspension at any time unless it gets way out of hand. The driver would avoid any penalty if a concession is made on track.

Corner cutting and four wheels off course

Much the same as the ghosting issues. 1, 2, 4, 8 and so on for corner cutting that is deemed to gain an advantage. The driver could avoid this penalty by reducing speed or if it is deemed that nothing is gained.

Reporting procedure

Contact penalties will remain the same as they are now and should be reported via PM to the offending driver and the Division Steward.

Ghosting violations could be reported by any driver directly to the Division Steward after the night's races. You do not need to PM the reported driver.

Corner cutting/Four wheel off course could be reported by any driver directly to the Division Steward. You do not need to PM the reported driver.

As usual, please note the driver, race, lap, corner, and elapsed time of the issues that you report.

Stewards have the ability to review anything that we may run across while doing these race reviews. This is not to say that a steward will watch all of the races all of the time, but if we notice something in the course of working a reported issue, we will adress it as well even if there is no complaint.

Finally, these points are a guideline for us and display the minimum penalties. More points may be assessed if it is deemed necessary.

Thanks for reading. Have a good (clean) race!

Wait a moment!!!!

This topic had been talked about ALL WEEK, and you JUST NOW finalized the new penalty system with less than 4 hours before the race and expect that that to be READ by every driver BEFORE THE RACE TONIGHT?!?! REALLY!?!?!?!!? :ouch:

There was time ALL WEEK to post the new penalty system and you waited until NOW to make the rules active for Tonight's Race?!?! ROTFLMAO ...amazing..

Speak for yourself. ;)

I think it's talking more about trying to bump draft while stuck in the middle of a multi-car pack. Doing so is more likely to cause an incident than just bump-drafting another car when you are in a line.

Apparently I was :) That makes more sense to me, thanks ap.

EDIT: I've caused enough confusion today, I should just drive :lol:

Wait a moment!!!!

This topic had been talked about ALL WEEK, and you JUST NOW finalized the new penalty system with less than 4 hours before the race and expect that that to be READ by every driver BEFORE THE RACE TONIGHT?!?! REALLY!?!?!?!!? :ouch:

There was time ALL WEEK to post the new penalty system and you waited until NOW to make the rules active for Tonight's Race?!?! ROTFLMAO ...amazing..

Yes. I did. Because SOME PEOPLE (apparently all caps brings more attention to what you're writing) refused to follow up on opinions posted in the conversation on it. This was already three weeks overdue. I refused to let it go to four.

I don't expect everyone to read it BEFORE THE RACE TONIGHT!! There are plenty of people who don't manage to read the forum twice a week. No matter when I posted this there was a chance that people would miss it. At least I know that a lot of people scan the last few posts before the races begin on Sunday night, so there's a chance that some would read it.

That said, it should not change one bit of how people drive on race night. It only changes the possible penalties against people driving outside of the OLR, which has not changed at all.

Yes. I did. Because SOME PEOPLE (apparently all caps brings more attention to what you're writing) refused to follow up on opinions posted in the conversation on it. This was already 3 weeks overdue. I refused to let it go to 4.

It should not change one bit of how people drive on race night.

👍

I think its more about not knocking the other car to free yourself...Bump drafting is beneficial for both parties.If it's not done at the right place and cause an incident(give up you position).Bump drafting is an important aspect of racing.

I think its more about not knocking the other car to free yourself...Bump drafting is beneficial for both parties.If it's not done at the right place and cause an incident(give up you position).Bump drafting is an important aspect of racing.

Whatever the person who wrote that was originally thinking, the basic gist is, "don't do anything potentially dangerous when you're in a pack."

A change to what penalties are incurred is not a significant change. It's not changing what you can or can't do on the racetrack and it shouldn't have any impact on the way anyone races. The only thing that is being change is how the incidents are handled after the fact and the reporting procedure for ghosting violations and corner cutting/4 offs.

I would have to apologize, but I won't be able to participate in tonight's event because of personal reasons. I hope you guys have fun! 👍

Hello Guys, is it possible to join today to the league?

Im Jorge, my PSN id is timo_timo666 i love motorsports.

I have a G25 with cockpit and a decent connection (i think) , also headset.

Thanks in advance , i will be waiting for the Friend Requests...

Im in the same timezone

Are all these cars available at the Dealership, it would be difficult to grab the exact car from the used dealership.

Im reading the rules right now :D

Last edited:
Yes. I did. Because SOME PEOPLE (apparently all caps brings more attention to what you're writing) refused to follow up on opinions posted in the conversation on it. This was already three weeks overdue. I refused to let it go to four.

I don't expect everyone to read it BEFORE THE RACE TONIGHT!! There are plenty of people who don't manage to read the forum twice a week. No matter when I posted this there was a chance that people would miss it. At least I know that a lot of people scan the last few posts before the races begin on Sunday night, so there's a chance that some would read it.

That said, it should not change one bit of how people drive on race night. It only changes the possible penalties against people driving outside of the OLR, which has not changed at all.

My point is a simple one..

Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't a PM get sent to every driver this week and last week to "remind" them about the races. However when a change in policy or penalties (which is by far more important than a simple "reminder" ) it's merely posted in this thread, which moves extremely fast. Even the "driver's list" is updated and posted with 24 hour notice of the races to give drivers time to read the forums. Shouldn't the same "consideration" be given to the drivers? An advance notice of 4 hours regarding a change in policy seems a little short notice, don't you think? Especially when there was more than enough time during the week.

If sending a PM to every driver to "remind" them about the races, then why not do the same for more important announcements?

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not reading every post made in this thread and I'm not checking the forums as often any more because of how quickly there it tends to get a lot of posts made that really have little to no bearing to S.N.A.I.L. (the conversation about Daylight Savings time is a prime example). So forgive me for not wasting little free time I have reading every post made in this thread especially when it moves as quickly as it does. Zero and many others have all commented on how quickly this thread moves. there are LOTS of people who have missed information that has been posted in this thread, yourself included, all because of how quickly it moves.

Personally, the thread should be limited to topics that directly impact the SNAIL members or the league as a whole, otherwise I'm sure you will find more announcements getting missed by more drivers.

Last edited:
Back