◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Sorry guys I had to leave early from the races. The unusual black screen was getting on my nerve. Looking forward to the next few races.

Yeah we had a lot of network issues in D2 for the first two races. Thankfully, when everyone left and came back things went much more smoothly.

Hang in there!

Parity racing tonight in the D2 lounge. Bring either a Volvo C30 or the Renaultsport Megane for a fun night of hot hatch rivalry!

Hey guys, I had a thought for Mondays, since things have fallen off pretty heavely these past few weeks, stupid nice weather! While I love Cat and Mouse, a lot, running a cat and mouse game in an open lobby is more of a logistical nightmare then I would like to deal with. So instead I was throwing around the idea of stock car racing. Im thinking 4 events, two at both Indy and Daytona, one lower pp, street cars off of the recommended list, probably one make style, and the second will be nascar cars. Damage set to heavy, penalties off. it will be a true clean race for the first time in Monday Mayhem history. While I would like to keep this private and make it a long running series like some of the others we have running, there is a lot going on out there in snail land. And mondays are a kick back day, so I plan on participation being light. As such I think I will be opening this up to the open lobby, and run fun races. However, if enough people are interested, then I will look at making it a more official series, with rules and prizes and the alike. Let me know what you all think.

someone had said the standings should be finished up this evening, is still happening? Just so we can pick cars/track for this week, since its Tuesday night :) I know things need to be done, just checking.

Last edited:
someone had said the standings should be finished up this evening, is still happening? Just so we can pick cars/track for this week, since its Tuesday night :) I know things need to be done, just checking.

Since you asked…

The Stewards really had their work cut out for them this week. There were no fewer than five complaints issued in Division 1, and at least three of them had potential to change the podium standings. That, mixed with the fact that we also had to discuss whether or not our penalty system was working, created a lot of discussion and a short time in which to make it. (Oh, to have a conference room…)

Anyway, to make the story short, somewhat, the penalty system was slightly flawed, so it's been scrapped for the week, and we're still working out the final standings. What we do know, though, is who officially finished in the top two.

Congratulations to Mighty_Mopar/irmopars for his first place finish.

Congratulations also to M1SS-D3V10US/sharkie for her finish in second place.

We, your dutiful stewards, will continue to work out the kinks and finalize the rest of the stats for the week (including third place for the prize). We've got a bead on a new style of penalty system to make this all work cleaner. I apologize for it taking so long these last couple of weeks, but we're working on it.

zer0 has given me the go-ahead to ask you guys to make your decisions regarding your prize selections and pick your cars and/or courses, as well. That way we don't have to wait much longer for the new combos. Bring it on!

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Wah?!? I'm a steward so I know what's going on, but nobody else does. Can you give the GSP (General S.N.A.I.L. Public) a little more info about what's up?

Last edited:
Well , here are the winners of Prize A and B. Winner of Prize C will follow.

Prize A: Mighty_mopar

SpecialStageRoute5_3-1-1.jpg

Prize B: M1SS-D3V10US

SpecialStageRoute5-1-1.jpg

Congraulations to our prize winners!

Track: Tokyo R246 Reverse
Car: Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car 1963
Car can be bought from OCD. Since it just changed last week, we still have it till next week.

Is there room here for someone new? I'm interested in racing here. My psn is imtomtomim

Hey imtomtomim,

Definitely room for you here 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Car can be bought from OCD. Since it just changed last week, we still have it till next week.

Thanks mopar! Nice pick! Breaking it in now at Laguna 200 mile.

Nice!
I don't remember how this car drives, but I'm expecting it will keep you on your toes. :)

Edit: I don't think you can paint it, can you?

Nice!
I don't remember how this car drives, but I'm expecting it will keep you on your toes. :)

Edit: I don't think you can paint it, can you?

No! Cannot Paint but can change rims.

Awesome car…on looks alone!

That first braking point and turn is going to be brutal! hehehe

The PP after oil change is 603 so Racing Soft will be the tires. The 1st turn shouldn't be that difficult with those tires.

The PP after oil change is 603 so Racing Soft will be the tires. The 1st turn shouldn't be that difficult with those tires.

Pretty sure we do tires based on the dealership listed PP, do you know what that is? Or does it vary for used cars?

Pretty sure we do tires based on the dealership listed PP, do you know what that is? Or does it vary for used cars?

Since these are all 0 miles, they should start at 598 before oil change. I thought it was 605 after, but I could be remembering it wrong.

With all the other people cheering for this, I'm going to go ahead and break the trend.

kcheeb

Duh! That's right! It was 598! My bad! Still should be fine.

RM tires then. I still doubt it will have any problem staying on the road any place but the low speed turns. I imagine the bigger issue will be tire life. (Heavy car. FR setup. Lots of torque.)

And standard cars can't be broken in, correct? But they do lose HP after 15K miles or so, right?

Back