Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
I think we should start sending out reminders or such, they might have forgotten since it's been a while since the start.

Ok decided to extend the tester deadline till Monday 30th July 04:00 GMT
img.php

I can't test anymore car's today have 5/10 done. Hope the other testers can make the new deadline too.

Thank you!

I have some cars driven and laps completed, I need to have mine done by today though most likely, I'll be gone all day tomorrow and probably busy all Sunday as well.
The white RX-8 Mike is hosting is bat 🤬 crazy. I don't know if I can complete a lap at cruise pace by the end of the day. 30 minutes of driving it and I haven't seen the damn karrosel once. Hopefully a break from it changes how it goes.:lol:

This works for me. I've got times for all the cars, but I welcome a little more time with each one. :) Fun stuff. Gotta love the 'Ring!

BMW M3 GTR {9} '03 8:04.701
s2k2k3

A great drive, mildly easy to find its limits, but, once you get there it is easy to get right back in line. No complaints, it fits me just fine. I will be tuning my M3 GTR like this one.

]Lotus Elise 111r {8} '04 8.00:981
krenkme

Fun and stable tune. My only complaint is my driving style doesn't fit the car too well. I threw it off track a couple times and went until I got a clean lap. Found I had to let off and brake a bit earlier than the line said. Oversteer was helpful at the right times and understeer fixed with a bit of gas whenever I got excited going into a turn and didn't brake enough.

Honda HSC '03 {6.5} 8:01.180
Praiano

I wanted to hate this car; I don't like Hondas very much, but it's no doubt when done right they are great cars. Not my favorite tune, as my driving style gave me the understeer the other testers liked, but I found it at the wrong time. I put this tune a step above neutral. Not the best, but very far from bad.

Nissan Skyline GT-R Spec II (R32) {7} 7:57.696
LineR32

Great tune, with a bit of understeer that is easily fixed with an e-brake tap, then on to the next corner.

BMW M3 CSL '03 {9.5} 7:54.991
Robrabbitman

Absolutely perfect. I only had one slip up and that was the exit to karoussel where I was too far inside on mid-turn.

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 {5} 8:15.561
SolidSnake7735

I put the same parts, my car isn't broken in and I got 371hp/503pp. Power limiting to 97.4% makes it right. How dirty is your oil?
Not too great. Didn't give the feeling that I could push it, the limits are right there right away, had to stay off full throttle most of the track. A bit of work on the suspension and FC trans with some work would make it better. Maybe softer springs and shack (<lol *shock) extension (6/5 maybe?)

Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205) '98 {6}8:05.859
XDesparado67

Felt like an FF car in the corners of Nurburgring. Understeer and early braking, but surprisingly stable. Edit: ran it again, knowing it's 4WD, but still didn't give me that 'confident' feeling most AWD cars have at the ring.

Shelby Series One Super-Charged {9} '03 8:00.145
trackripper123

Right up there with the M3 CSL, but I wanted to keep this one out longer. One more lap, just one more lap, then I'm done! Didn't get the time I wanted (sub-8) because I'd always push it too hard and go off track somewhere. Got a lot of false indication with this one too. "2nd gear here" .....NO! 4th!!! And all the gas!

Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Version VI '99 {7} 8:03.224
NEWDRIVER2

Still couuldn't get under 3.1xx on first gear ratio (yes, I followed instructions fot tuning. Maybe it's because I did engine overhaul on all my Subi's) A bit more jumpy than I'd expect from a WRX, but still able to push it hard the whole track. Over/ under steer, but it was easily controllable as long as the speed was right. The only thing that killed times with this was lack of top end from the boxer. Would've given more points if it was an evo, but come on! A subaru? That's not even fair! lol Great car though.

Autobacs Garaiya '00 {7.5} 8:02.032
Onboy123

Not quite the best car for the ring. I think it's a bit too light and gets thrown around too much, but fun to try and stay ahead of the ghost nonetheless. Would have been just under 8min, but I lost it right before the first 2nd gear turn before the finish and the grass killed it.

Last edited:
The Toyota is with XDesperado67 (<---PSN as well).

Shelby is with Krenkme.

Garaiya is with Jackthalad (PSN:CHRYSTALBUDS).

And the Scoobie is probably with Newdriver (PSN: OTS_NEWDRIVER2<--- all caps)

jtqmopar if you can add the testers then you will be able to drive their car's.

I cannot accept incomplete results.

Thanks you.

@jtqmopar thanks for the test.👍👍
Just one thing...its a four wheel drive not an FF.:lol:

oh, didn't see that. I'm just used to Celicas being FF... It didn't feel quite like most 4WD cars. Maybe more rear power bias? Thanks for clearing that up...I feel dumb now lol

jtqmopar
oh, didn't see that. I'm just used to Celicas being FF... It didn't feel quite like most 4WD cars. Maybe more rear power bias? Thanks for clearing that up...I feel dumb now lol

There is two of this car looks same hp same and also cc but one is 4wd and one ff .

It does feel like an FF, in his defense. I could tell instantly driving your car you didn't have the normal amount of time put into it, unfortunately.

It does feel like an FF, in his defense. I could tell instantly driving your car you didn't have the normal amount of time put into it, unfortunately.
Wasn't trying to defend my tune...I know its not anywhere close to where I'd like it to be so criticism of it was to be expected.:D
Was just pointing out that its a 4wd was all.:lol:
To be honest I'm surprised its fared as well as it has. Figured it would be dead last and hated by all.:crazy:

Wasn't trying to defend my tune...I know its not anywhere close to where I'd like it to be so criticism of it was to be expected.:D
Was just pointing out that its a 4wd was all.:lol:
To be honest I'm surprised its fared as well as it has. Figured it would be dead last and hated by all.:crazy:
I don't look at the tunes before I drive them, but even now I'm confused why the RX-8 is so uncontrolled.
Your car just doesn't turn. I don't mean it slides off understeering, I mean it drives off not sliding, just unable to turn any harder. It's almost like riding a bike, it has this limiting factor that isn't grip, it's a steering input limit. You can only turn the wheel so far and then it stops responding, very strange sensation while driving. Maybe more similar to a 4-wheeler ATV.

If there are testers that I did not add before leaving for vacation, we may have run into some problems. If not everyone can test my car because of A FR that I can not exept, my car may have to be withdrawn :nervous:. Let me know if I forgot to add any testers please.

Nope, you've got everyone it seems, it's just that not everyone here knows where the cars are, since some need others to host their cars.

Edit: I screwed up and got the year for the Garaiya wrong, it seems. It's actually '02 not '00, but that doesn't change anything since there is still only one of it in GT5.

Umm, is there even a '00 Autobacs Garaiya? I checked gt5cars and NCD and didn't see it in either

The Garaiya is on share on my account. You do know how to use shared car's right?

So&#8230;where be our results, remaining testers? :P *looks at Jack and Slacker*

I'm gonna have to put my hands up and say I won't be able to finish testing, I'm in the wrong state of mind to be testing car's right now.

Here's some short feedback on the car's I tested though.

PRT Honda HSC
For me I struggled to get the most out of this car, I always found myself entering corners with too much speed. I know with more practice I would be able to drive this more easily. There's no doubt that this is a fast car and well setup, but I think you have to be a really good driver to be good with this car, my best time was 7:40.xx. I know it can do much better but I just didn't have it in me at the time of testing. :D Well done praiano 👍

LineR32's R32
This car was alot easier for me to drive that the HSC, not much to say here in ways to improve it. There was slight bit of understeer on entry and lack of top end on the straight. Other than that it is a good tune that's good to drive for all driver levels. Best time was a 7:40.xx aswell.

Krenkme's Elise
This car was just amazing, incredibly easy to drive and very quick around the track. It does exactly what you want it to do, no understeer and no oversteer, perfectly balanced, well done. Best lap was 7:38.xx

That's all I got sorry.

Onboy if you want I will take your car for a spin and give you some feedback.

Last edited:
Okay, now I need to get one. It's coming up in my UCD in 4/5 days, so I'll farm seasonals real quick and give 'er a go!

Okay, now I need to get one. It's coming up in my UCD in 4/5 days, so I'll farm seasonals real quick and give 'er a go!

Save yourself some time and money, go and use the shared car on Jack's profile. :P

And Jack, results. Nao.

My results for the car's I tested are in post #355

Sorry for being unable to complete my task

Damn&#8230;well, you tried, and that's really all we can ask. Lesson to learn, don't leave testing cars at tracks like the 'Ring to the last minute. :lol: As for my car, well, obviously I'd love to have some feedback, but it's no biggie if you don't feel like doing so.

Back