◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Thanks guys :)

For the new Combo I'd like to take the....

*Maserati Granturismo S '08 @ Suzuka please*

This will be on Sport Soft tyres I believe.
You've certainly delivered. I love me some Suzuka. :)

Can't wait to try it!

Love it. Suzuka has just about everything, and the Maserati should be a lot of fun on turns 1-2 :sly:

Edit: Not to mention 130R

My personal observations...

I had intended to jump on the bandwagon by calling out individual driving and pointing fingers but in retrospect, it serves no real purpose (for me) and tends to foster negativity. I decided to go a different route. We all have to ask ourselves "why are we here?" To compete? yes... To win? sure... To appease our egos? Hmmm maybe... Maybe the Ego element needs to be looked at by all of us from time to time. The folks that created this league (did an amazing job) but not out of ego or hopes of stardom or fame. The heart and soul of this league (and the vast majority of it's members) are here for the pure love of the game. We all are so infatuated with cars and have been since we were little kids. We are here for fun. Pure (childish) fun! This venue will never create legends or hall of famer's but it WILL create a time and place where we can all forget the pressures of the real world and race our hearts out and just have a good time. Do I want to win? Hell YES I want to win a race but I may never see the top of the box. Why am I here then? It's all about the anticipation... The pounding in my chest and the sweaty palms as the race starts... It's about the adrenalin rush of fighting for my position whether it's first place or battling for 9th... and doing it within the guidelines of the OLR. I too have had penalties levied and am currently on probation. It is MUCH more important to me to be able to race SOOOOOO close and stay clean than it is to gain a position at any cost. Will I win next week?? Doubtful.... Will I make it through 6 races, fight as hard as I can and do it as close to the league standards as humanly possible?? I sure am going to try... Next Sunday before you sign into your perspective lounges, ask yourself (and be honest) "Why am I here?"

Cheers!

Last edited:
My personal observations...

I had intended to jump on the bandwagon by calling out individual driving and pointing fingers but in retrospect, it serves no real purpose (for me) and tends to foster negativity. I decided to go a different route. We all have to ask ourselves "why are we here?" To compete? yes... To win? sure... To appease our egos? Hmmm maybe... Maybe the Ego element needs to be looked at by all of us from time to time. The folks that created this league (did an amazing job) but not out of ego or hopes of stardom or fame. The heart and soul of this league (and the vast majority of it's members) are here for the pure love of the game. We all are so infatuated with cars and have been since we were little kids. We are here for fun. Pure (childish) fun! This venue will never create legends or hall of famer's but it WILL create a time and place where we can all forget the pressures of the real world and race our hearts out and just have a good time. Do I want to win? Hell YES I want to win a race but I may never see the top of the box. Why am I here then? It's all about the anticipation... The pounding in my chest and the sweaty palms as the race starts... It's about the adrenalin rush of fighting for my position whether it's first place or battling for 9th... and doing it within the guidelines of the OLR. I too have had penalties levied and am currently on probation. It is MUCH more important to me to be able to race SOOOOOO close and stay clean than it is to gain a position at any cost. Will I win next week?? Doubtful.... Will I make it through 6 races, fight as hard as I can and do it as close to the league standards as humanly possible?? I sure am going to try... Next Sunday before you sign into your perspective lounges, ask yourself (and be honest) "Why am I here?"

Cheers!

👍

As I get ready for my first week this Sunday I too have been thinking about why I am here. My only goal is to drive cleanly. I say drive not race because it is more important for me to get off to a clean start with such a well run league than to try to win in some vain quest to inflate my ego. Racing will come, but only when I have proven my self worthy.

I'm making records,
My fans they can't wait
They write me letters
Tell me I'm great...

Last edited:
I like Exo's post! ^^

If you look at the numbers, I had a pretty poor night Sunday. (I think I experienced "lost grip". Once in each race at Indy, in the same turn, I hit my brake point like normal and the car just didn't slow down or turn, and into the sand I went. Anyway, that's a topic for another post.) But the numbers don't tell the whole story. Whether I was near the front or in double digits, I was battling with somebody. There were several times when I was door to door with someone through multiple corners, each giving room for the other, white-knuckling it the whole way. And on the last lap of one of the GVR races, I was doing my best to hold off cheeb who was hot on my tail. I made a little mistake and he squeezed right past, only to get it sideways coming out of the final turn, allowing me to get by for the finish. I don't even remember what position I finished in. But it doesn't matter, because it was great racing regardless! :)

I like Exo's post! ^^

If you look at the numbers, I had a pretty poor night Sunday. (I think I experienced "lost grip". Once in each race at Indy, in the same turn, I hit my brake point like normal and the car just didn't slow down or turn, and into the sand I went. Anyway, that's a topic for another post.) But the numbers don't tell the whole story. Whether I was near the front or in double digits, I was battling with somebody. There were several times when I was door to door with someone through multiple corners, each giving room for the other, white-knuckling it the whole way. And on the last lap of one of the GVR races, I was doing my best to hold off cheeb who was hot on my tail. I made a little mistake and he squeezed right past, only to get it sideways coming out of the final turn, allowing me to get by for the finish. I don't even remember what position I finished in. But it doesn't matter, because it was great racing regardless! :)

I like both your posts 👍 Lines up nicely with the way I think about the racing in general and S.N.A.I.L. in particular

I try as hard as I can to get in front of the person in front of me, feints, jabs, head bobs I'll try them all. But at the end of the day if I've been in a position to pass or be passed, I've been in some good racing.

We all have limited play time, let's make the most of it :)

spooble: that was an awesome battle, only to get to eager on the go fast pedal :lol:

exo: love your edit reason, but I doubt it ;)

I like Exo's post! ^^

There were several times when I was door to door with someone through multiple corners, each giving room for the other, white-knuckling it the whole way.

I agree, I liked that post too :D

And, I remember at Suzuka in the Alfa 8C when you and I went side-by-side for about 20 seconds in that first sector with no contact at all....I ended up finishing way back since I spun later on, but fun times!

Last edited:
Oy. This is going to be a tough week for me. One track that I'm very unfamiliar with and two that I'm not very good at…

mebbe i'll havta practice

I pick the Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Huge thanks to both of you for making your Prize A and Prize B selections so quickly! 👍

The August 5th lineup has been been added!!

(moi, please let me know what you want for your Prize C :))

August 5th lineup:
ROUND ONE
Honda S2000 '06 (Sports Medium tires)
@Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse (5 laps)
ROUND TWO
Maserati Granturismo S '08 (Sports Soft tires)
@Suzuka Circuit (laps TBD)
ROUND THREE
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (Racing Medium tires)
@Road Course - Indy (laps TBD)

The 458 on RMs? Blah. I won't really miss that.

I do like the S2000 and the GT is fun to drive, though not class leading in anything other than looks. Still, I already have both of them broken in and ready to go because we've used them before for something.

I won't be here this Sunday, though. I'll be in Richardson, Texas for the week in training on Nimsoft's ITMaaS product.

I won't be here this Sunday, though. I'll be in Richardson, Texas for the week in training on Nimsoft's ITMaaS product.

As I sit here doing training on Universal Font Server, I can safely say, that sucks.

All Stewards are requested to address the current issues in the steward forum as soon as possible.

The 458 on RMs? Blah. I won't really miss that.

I do like the S2000 and the GT is fun to drive, though not class leading in anything other than looks. Still, I already have both of them broken in and ready to go because we've used them before for something.

I'll have to say won't miss you either

I'm interested in this series as well. I may not be able to drive in EVERY race but I'm on regularly enough to participate in a lot of them.

Looking at the current drivers list, I regularly drive with: MrJones_80, GTP-esh (on occasion), Chatva, Schmiggz, Iamsupernasty, TEX-36 and Carboneyes.

I drive with alot of other guys/gals but those are the ones from your current list.

My PSN ID is Ice_Warden. Been around since the VERY beginning in GT1 and GT2. Took a 10 year break by getting married and having kids. Bought a PS3 and GT5 almost a year ago.

Not sure what division you'd want to put me in but I'm up for whatever. Of the list of drivers I drive with I'd say MrJones_80 and Iamsupernasty know me the best if you were looking for an opinion.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or a message in game if you don't mind another driver ;)

I'm interested in this series as well. I may not be able to drive in EVERY race but I'm on regularly enough to participate in a lot of them.

Looking at the current drivers list, I regularly drive with: MrJones_80, GTP-esh (on occasion), Chatva, Schmiggz, Iamsupernasty, TEX-36 and Carboneyes.

I drive with alot of other guys/gals but those are the ones from your current list.

My PSN ID is Ice_Warden. Been around since the VERY beginning in GT1 and GT2. Took a 10 year break by getting married and having kids. Bought a PS3 and GT5 almost a year ago.

Not sure what division you'd want to put me in but I'm up for whatever. Of the list of drivers I drive with I'd say MrJones_80 and Iamsupernasty know me the best if you were looking for an opinion.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or a message in game if you don't mind another driver ;)

Hey JoeW,

Glad you're following your buddies foot steps. You'll find some good racing in S.N.A.I.L. 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. When you run the Time Trial and Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time, you'll be moved to the appropriate Division List. We do this to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

Shortly after that, a PSN friend request will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account for the Division you will be placed in. That lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Back