CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Sorry I wasn't around last night Omnius, I would say I was busy but thats a lie, I was just asleep :lol: Was there a good turn out?

Well this is it everyone, after a weeks worth of testing it's time for you to make your choices :crazy:

What will your 455 buy you? :sly:

ClubCarsBlank.png

There will be one for each of the Club Racing rounds - R2, R4, R8, R10 and R13 (The Northlander)

This is for anyone who wishes to alter their BHP vs Weight within the 455pp 👍

We'll see who finishes where across the season and we'll be able to see how much the car plays in the performance of our drivers :) and how much power or weight can effect our cars :nervous:

Awesome introduction to the Club Racing tonight! 👍

My first race was a lot better, prehaps the Clio works best when in traffic, when it's on it's own, It takes it out of the Clio to catch up.....but when it does, it gains on the corners :sly:

Full results and photo highlights to follow.....

Great racing guys happy with my car choice think i need to test a few things out with it still though as i didnt get to test much for this weeks race. But happy with results 4th and a 1st. To bad i dropped a wheel in first race and dropped like a rock to back of pack but happy to get back to fourth. See yall next week.

Really enjoyed the racing! Would we be able to source the replay files like last time so we can watch the races back?

Really enjoyed the racing! Would we be able to source the replay files like last time so we can watch the races back?

I can only put the files up for race 2, as I got DCd in race 1. Jammy, do you know how to save a race replay?

That was a blast. It was interesting to see the car choices. I thought of the Shelby but the one I have is too modified to make it work. I think it will be strong at some of the other tracks.

I literally built 30 or 40 cars at least to try for this one. I did straight line testing first and discarded a bunch of them. Then I took the winners to the track and did a few laps with each. By Sat I was settled on the MR 2 but then I saw the lap times others were posting and realized that it was slow. I literally tried the RX-8 last night the first time and was shocked how fast it was. Just by dumb luck I found the right combo for it. I think it can be faster still just need to do some testing with it. Should be a fun battle of the RX-8s this season.

Hope I can make most of the rounds. Just found out I'll be traveling for work the next 2 months so I'll be racing you from a hotel room somewhere. Might have to use my DFGT because lugging a t500 around is a bit of work. I'll be missing next week but should be back the following week.

OmniusGT
Are you sure that are figures for BHP and Kg Hill? - 290BHP @ 1229Kg???

Yes. That's what it said. Quite the head scratcher huh? Pssst what's the torque? :D lol

Last edited:
I'll get the replays up through dropbox and post the link :)

Leaderboards updated, with Hillracing missing next weeks Championship race, his position will change in the Championship/Season table, but he'll return the week after to defend his leading Club position at the Nurburgring GP/D 👍

Now onto the photoshoot! :eek:

hillracing
Yes. That's what it said. Quite the head scratcher huh? Pssst what's the torque? :D lol

I'm thinking due to no downforce, you've got plenty of room to move with your power & weight....?

GTP_ADE
I can only put the files up for race 2, as I got DCd in race 1. Jammy, do you know how to save a race replay?

Yeah I tried to save the replay from the last week's race but it wouldn't let me, but then thinking about I got disconnected then so that might explain why. So ordinarily can anyone save the replay at the end of a race then? That's good if so and I will try and do that next time.

Actioned-packed racing tonight, really enjoyed it even though I was a bit lacking in my preparation! Reverse grid sure makes things interesting but then that's the whole point of it I guess, just like in touring cars, to mix it up and not let the fastest drivers necessarily have it all their own way at the beginning! Looking forward to the race highlights and replays!

Great racing! :-)

So ordinarily can anyone save the replay at the end of a race then? That's good if so and I will try and do that next time.

Yes, after the race has ended, and your back in the lounge, if you go to the podium button you can then save the replay.

GTP_ADE
Yes, after the race has ended, and your back in the lounge, if you go to the podium button you can then save the replay.

Thanks Ade, I will know to do that next time, cheers. I think omnius is going to post replays for both races hopefully.

The above link will take you to both replay files from last nights epic races.

To use the replay files you will need to do the following....

Once you have downloaded both folders, make sure you copy them to a USB drive with the following path.

PS3/SAVEDATA/

The 2 folders should be placed in there with their folder names intact - BCES00569-RPL002 & BCES00569-RPL003

The BCESS00569 part may not be required as I believe this to be the number on the spine of your localised version of GT5 (you may need to double check your copy and change as required)

Once onto your USB drive copy these replays onto your PS3 (from the USB under the saved games folder on the XMB)

Now all you will need to do now, is load GT5 and from the Replay Theatre look for the IMPORT button (looks like a door with an arrow pointing to the right on it) click this and if you've copied correctly you will find GT5 can 'see' the required files, ready for you to import - just select them and wait until they copy into your GT5.

Enjoy 👍​

Round 2 Heat 1 & 2 Standings Update

Following the highlight photoshoot it has come to my attention that one driver has 'stretched' the rules regarding the mandatory pitstops.

Fuelmyfire.

In both heats, he took his 'pitstop' at the end of the final lap. I am aware there wasn't a clear ruling on when you can and can't take your pitstop, but the idea with taking a single stop is to change tyres - some races this will need to be done due to wear, others it's about having a strategy as to when to take it.

Pitting on the final lap unfortunately while not outside of the current rules, does unfortunately come with a penalty as driving down the pit lane at the end of a race, the game doesn't change your cars tyres, thus the rule of missing a mandatory stop does come into play - a penalty of -30 seconds off your finishing time.

So the updated Heat results are as follows...

Fuelmyfire drops from 7th to 8th and Jammy_Rex moves up to 7th for Heat 1

Fuelmyfire drops from 7th to 9th and OmniusALX moves up to 7th and Third_Reign moves up to 8th for Heat 2

All points redistributed and leadboards updated.

From this incident, I will now update the rules regarding pitstops - and to keep it simple, no pitting at the end of lap 1 and no pitting at the end of the penultimate lap or at the end of the last lap.

45-2.png

Last Lap - Heat 1 - Fuelmyfire seen driving down the pit lane

33-4.png

Heat 2 - Last Lap - Fuelmyfire seen again driving down the pitlane

In other news, H_enry_T has decided to quit the CORE GT Series, so anyone behind him in the first heat will have been moved 'up' in the finishing order.

Photo highlights to follow!

I calmly rethought the quitting thing and I decided I am going to give Club class another shot. The first decision was shadowed by rage over my pathetic internet connection. I'd be happy to take my points from Race 1 though, seeing as I would still be easily in the back end.

By the way, when someone vaguely says to you that they quit, you should ask if its from the whole series or just from one race class. And also why. Just saying.

On a side note, do we go on narrower, tighter tracks as well?

I calmly rethought the quitting thing and I decided I am going to give Club class another shot. The first decision was shadowed by rage over my pathetic internet connection. I'd be happy to take my points from Race 1 though, seeing as I would still be easily in the back end.

By the way, when someone vaguely says to you that they quit, you should ask if its from the whole series or just from one race class. And also why. Just saying.

Welcome back Henry.👍 If you like narrower tighter tracks, just wait until you get to race on some of Omnius's custom tracks.

Fair enough. I thought I was pushing it :). Wasn't sure as the tires were barely at 50% through all my practice runs so I never 'needed' to pit. Won't do it again and I apologise for stetching the rules.

I'm looking forward to slower more technical tracks as well Henry :). Shame you won't be in all the races, we had a few good laps in race 2 together.

Last edited:
RH-CLUB.png

Round 2 Heat 1 - Grand Valley East Reverse - Club Race - 31.8.12

1-6.png

The cars have been revealed! 3 - 2 - 1 - GO! GO! GO!

2-8.png

Hillracing leads the pack into turn 1

3-8.png

KingBestJr defends his current number 1 spot while Jamesy & Dowlin keep pace!

4-8.png

OmniusALX exits the tunnel with the lead pack still in reach

5-8.png

Possibly the best car on the track! Trotterlover79 unfortunately finds himself in last position :ouch:

6-8.png

3 wide into turn 1! Can OmniusALX hold his nerve, or has Fuelmyfire got the edge on the outside of the track???

7-7.png

OmniusALX slingshots his way into the front! :scared:

8-8.png

Jammy_Rex and Geordie139 keep the pressure on the leaders....

9-8.png

OH NO! KingBestJr puts a wheel onto the grass at speed!

10-8.png

In a cloud of tyre smoke, KingBestJr plants the RX-8 into the wall :ouch:

11-8.png

Geordie139 & Jammy_Rex approach....

12-7.png

KingBestJr unaware at the speed Geordie139 approaches, reverses into the danger zone :eek:

13-7.png

IMPACT!!!! :ouch:

14-7.png

Jammy_Rex can capitalise as he threads through the carnage :scared:

15-6.png

OmniusALX needs to pick his lines - the smoke up ahead say's it all!

16-6.png

OmniusALX never thought he'd see KingBestJr off the track :crazy:

17-6.png

KingBestJr's RX-8 still isn't right, Geordie139 also takes the advantage

18-5.png

Geordie139's Rx-7 sports the battle-damage from earlier

19-6.png

Ade3210 closes on Fuelmyfire

20-6.png

Ade3210 pushing hard exiting the tunnel

21-6.png

Dowlin39 the first to pit....

22-6.png

....as KingBestJr takes his pit after a lap he'd rather forget :ouch:

23-5.png

Let the battle commence! OmniusALX & Jammy_Rex begin their multi lap battle 👍​

24-6.png

25-6.png

26-6.png

27-6.png

Dowlin39 fails to notice Ade3210 wants into the pits...

29-5.png

There's ALMOST a wipeout between Ade3210 & Dowlin39 who has to run wide to avoid the sideswipe :scared:

30-4.png

After an epic battle, OmniusALX takes his pitstop...as Jammy_Rex stays out

31-3.png

OmniusALX in cleanly, lets hope the crew is on top form...

32-3.png

...and out OmniusALX comes! Text book stop!

33-3.png

Third_Reign will prove to be OmniusALX's new race partner

34-3.png

Meanwhile, Dowlin39 is still keeping pace with Jamesybograt

35-3.png

Jammy_Rex is into the pits! ...Where's OmniusALX?

36-2.png

...still battling with Third_Reign! OmniusALX NEEDS past if he is to catch Jammy_Rex :scared:

37-3.png

Jammy_Rex is still on the jacks!

38-2.png

Has OmniusALX done enough? As Jammy_Rex rejoins the field! :sly:

39-2.png

YES! OmniusALX has done it, with Jammy_Rex on cold tyres, he takes the position 👍​

40-2.png

Jamesybograt and Dowlin39 are still at each others throats out there!

41-2.png

Fuelmyfire is surely in need of new tyres???

42-2.png

Hillracing takes the win in Heat 1! Congratulations!!! 👍 👍 👍​

43-2.png

Right to the wire! Jamesybograt (2nd) holds on from Dowlin39's attacks

44-2.png

OmniusALX closing down on Fuelmyfire on the last lap at the last corner!....I'm sure he hasn't pitted :confused:

RH-CLUB.png

Round 2 Heat 2 - Grand Valley East Reverse - Club Race - 31.8.12

1-7.png

Reverse Grid Time! Heat 2 is about to start!

2-9.png

Third_Reign & Jammy_Rex get of to a cracking start

3-9.png

Third_Reign leads the field through turn 1

4-9.png

OminusALX takes turn 1/2 too cautiously....allowing the pack to pull away

5-9.png

Ade3210, Jamesybograt & Dowlin39, 3 abreast as the tunnel approaches

6-9.png

All cleanly into the tunnel

7-8.png

A sight both Jamesybograt and Jammy_Rex will become used to over the course of this race! :scared:

8-9.png

Ade3210 over cooks it...

9-9.png

Clipping Hillracing in the process...

10-9.png

Carnage at GVE-R!

11-9.png

OmniusALX's luck is in! Dowlin39 is in the sand :sly:

12-8.png

OmniusALX distracted by Dowlin39's 'off' comes into turn 2 too hard! :nervous:

13-8.png

OmniusALX just manages to catch the drift!

14-8.png

Dowlin39 uses this to his advantage, closing the gap!

15-7.png

Jameysbograt trying to use the green stuff to out fox Jammy_Rex??? Careful Jamesy!

16-7.png

Another lap, another nose to tail session! :crazy: Jammy_Rex & Jamesybograt are on fire! 👍​

17-7.png

There's nothing in it! Even braking can't split them 👍 👍

18-6.png

Again, Jamesybograt uses even more of the green stuff!!! Look, there's loads of the black stuff on the other side of Jammy_Rex :lol:

19-7.png

It was on the cards! The battle between Jammy_Rex and Jamesybograt was SO intense! This is what it takes to run with the CORE! :sly:

20-7.png

Battle scarred but not out, lap after lap, Jammy_Rex and Jamesybograt give and take as much as they get :ouch: but always keep it 'clean' :lol:

21-7.png

IMPACT!!! Jamesybograt appears to cut that corner just too thick and bites a chunk of wall! Yeah, that one the arrow is pointing at!!! :ouch::ouch::ouch:

22-7.png

Lightning strikes twice for OmniusALX, first KingBestJr in Heat 1 and now Jamesybograt in Heat 2 facing the wrong way :crazy:

23-6.png

Jamesybograt left with a mountian to climb as OmniusALX continues on his way

24-7.png

Dowlin39 into the pits for new boots!

25-7.png

Jamesybograt limps into the pits, as Dowlin39's crew is just about done

26-7.png

A masterclass in winning....KingBestJr puts Heat 1 behind him :)

27-7.png

Geordie139 holding a nice steady pace in 2nd

28-6.png

Another lap closer to the finish for Geordie139

29-6.png

As the race draws to an end, KingBestJr and Geordie139 take turns in leading Heat 2 :sly:

30-5.png

OmniusALX eyes up Third_Reign...

31-4.png

...and takes the position! Its all about the points :lol:

32-4.png

Congratulations goes out to KingBestJr for returning to winning ways! 👍 👍 👍 The RX-8's are going to be the cars to watch this season in the CLUB!!!

Mental pics and race report Omnius. I was so gutted when I got DC'd in the first race. I was enjoying some real tight racing with Fuel, Henry and your good self in the opening laps. I will be having a rethink about my NSX's power to weight ratio before the next race.

I'll reinstate you for Round 2.

Apologies, but from your PSN message, it pretty much sounded like you were returning to your Touge series....

This season's timetable is on page 1, have a look and see what tracks we'll be racing on

Back