CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Wouldn't surprise me if Jamesy "Michelin man" bograt tries to one stop,he's got a knack of making the tires last.

no geordie not thre "michelin man" the "dunlop daddy":lol:.....
could only manage 13 laps in practise before the tyres give up and i start to lose to much lap time.so hopefully the race will let the last a little longer..:sly:

lap times so far are 1:36.xxx---1:38.xxx(worn tyres)

new time 1:35.xxx.

new time 1:34.xxx

Last edited:
1:38.210

First real Q test....I'm sure I can go faster, if only I had some racing line tips for some of the twisty bits! :sly:

1:38.210

...... if only I had some racing line tips for some of the twisty bits......

This is where I struggle. I always seem to try to go in too fast, and mess up my lines for the rest of the turns. I wish I had saved the replay from Jamesys GT 3.5 Cup at Indy to see what speeds the "twisty bits" were taken at. Will try a bit more practice before tomorrows race, but current time is a slow 40.4xx. Poo

I'd take the twisty bits so it feels like you're going slow. If you rush 'um you'll ruin the tyres and your lap time. Take a breath while you do it 👍

Fuelmyfire
I'd take the twisty bits so it feels like you're going slow. If you rush 'um you'll ruin the tyres and your lap time. Take a breath while you do it 👍

Top tip 👍

About to run my first laps on Indy Road lol. Little behind the ball this week with no practice. Hopefully i figure it out really fast lol as the race is only 3hrs away. :scared:

Edit: Ran two laps first one being a 1:34.7, wont say what my second one was leave yall to guess hehe.

Last edited:
Well that was bs. Get the pole leading after first 2 laps and disconnect there went my championship.

Not to worry, plenty of the season to go plus jamesy retired along with Joy_650 and Hillracing wasn't here tonight.

Plus you'll get disconnection points along with your pole :)

Really enjoyed the racing tonight. I didnt think I would considering I usually hate Indy road, but managed to find a set up that suited the car well. Well pleased with a podium tonight, although not sure I would have been there if we hadnt lost King, Joy and Jamesy. I also think its one of the first time I finished ahead of Geordie. All in all a great race for me, with some epic battles with Henry and Geordie.👍

Indeed Ade, was good all round. Sorry about the tap on Lap 1. I thought it lagged and looking at my replay confirmed that. Still sorry :)

Hah well yes you do, and I'm glad it didn't effect you. And thanks :) quite surprising... But I think I now have calouses on my thumbs :x. But I think the move back to my controller has helped.

Well that was a race to be remembered!

Leaderboards updated - It's set up a close CLUB RACE next Friday!!!!

The season is wide open due to the DC and retirements from the Indy Road Course tonight.

The photos will follow...but looking at the replay, it looks as if lightning can strike twice, as with all racing accidents, 9 times out of 10 someone gets fouled up in something they have no control over, this happened to jamesy *twice* tonight - 1st & 2nd lap.

What happened on lap 3 looked to be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other between Third_Reign and jamesybograt - this time it was geordie139 who 'got caught up in the start/finish straight drama'

All in all, I feel the race ran it course fairly - unlucky for KingBestJr - Geordie139 is now our new Season and Championship leader, but only by a few points!

All still to play for.....and remember, cool heads will prevail and if you do 'accidently' punt someone off, even if its because you've outbreaked yourself, please allow the driver you've knocked off time to rejoin the track *cough* H_enry_T *cough* :lol:

👍 to Fuelmyfire for the win and congrats go out to Ade3210 for making it count tonight and getting a podium place 👍

I felt like quitting by lap 3 but I'm glad I stuck around.

Started with a jump start putting me down to last.

Then at the start of lap 2 I cocked my braking up on a late lunge into turn 1 and was heading straight for a collision with ade. I figured I'd hit the tyre wall on the right so as not ruin anyone's race and it stopped me dead. That was when jamesy ran into the back of me,sorry bud.

Then lap 3 I drove into a wall of smoke that was full of jamesy and third,collected third and picked up more damage. So after all that with some good clean battles throughout I'm happy to pick up 4th place and some useful points. :):)

Was bummed to have missed today. Had to work. Should make the next race though so hopefully I'll remain in the hunt for the rest of the championship. Hope I can figure out my dfgt because so far it's slowed me down a little as it's not consistent for some reason. Either that or having to look up at the TV in my hotel has slowed me down. Either way I'm slower than at home. Starting to wish I brought my t500 with me.

.....and remember, cool heads will prevail and if you do 'accidently' punt someone off, even if its because you've outbreaked yourself, please allow the driver you've knocked off time to rejoin the track *cough* H_enry_T *cough* :lol:

👍 to Fuelmyfire for the win and congrats go out to Ade3210 for making it count tonight and getting a podium place 👍

Are you talking about the incident with me and ade on lap 7? In that case, I had no way to avoid that one, by the time I was on the brakes, I couldnt steer away from him.

Yeah, and we all know when you get into a slide there's nothing you can do, no one will get penalised for that, it's just when it happens we wait for the effected driver to retake his place in the spirit of fairness, otherwise what's stopping drivers punting other drivers off and saying it was just an accident.

With regards to the contact with Ade, this time, no one lost anything, and all drivers finished pretty much in their deserved positions, so its onto round 4 👍

Are you talking about the incident with me and ade on lap 7? In that case, I had no way to avoid that one, by the time I was on the brakes, I couldnt steer away from him.

No worries mate, if anything it made me go into the pits earlier than planned, which in turn gave me the undercut on the pit stops. I may have been a bit closer to Fuel and Third if I hadnt then left my second stop until lap 19/20. Great race, and it was good not to suffer with the damage like we saw at Monza.

Oh right! I thought you were 1 stopping Ade... Never saw you pitting early. I was quite worried about that ^^

And yes it was much better without the insane damage, it meant that the 3 guys involved in that lap 3 incident could continue :).

Last edited:
And yes it was much better without the insane damage.

Well it was the same light damage option as Monza, but I didn't know back then the NSX RM had a bug with its damage model, the work-a-round was turning visual damage off 👍

RH-CHAMP.png

Round 3 - Indy Road Course - Championship Race - 7.9.12

1-8.jpg

Under starters orders! Round 3 brings us a reduced grid...

2-10.jpg

With the field away Joy_650 takes the lead

3-10.jpg

Something tells me, this tyre wall will be quite instrumental in this race...

4-10.jpg

A Joy_650 / Third_Reign sandwich....as Jamesybograt tries to fit a square peg into a round hole :indiff:

5-10.jpg

The current season leader KingBestJr can only watch....from a safe distance 👍

6-10.jpg

CONTACT!.....Remember that tyre wall??? :scared:

7-9.jpg

Through the smoke - Ade3210 can't believe it! Jamesybograt into the tyre wall!!! :ouch:

8-10.jpg

Jamesybograt takes the hit and skips his NSX across the tarmac :ill: It's like Nigel Mansell once said "You can't win a Grand Prix at the first corner, only lose one"

9-10.jpg

Ade3210 survey's the carnage...

10-10.jpg

KingBestJr gets the best of Joy_650 unaware of the drama behind

11-10.jpg

Geordie139 lights up the rears trying to make up time from his false start and avoiding the crash

12-9.jpg

KingBestJr needs to make this one stick as he battles with the returning Joy_650, one of the top drivers in the CORE GT Series

13-9.jpg

Lap 1 complete...KingBestJr still holding on

14-9.jpg

With the help from a good slipstream Joy_650 presses the advantage

15-8.jpg

No drama at the tyres, Joy_650 takes the line at max speed and 1st place to boot! 👍

16-8.jpg

Geordie139 back on the horse...and closing down OmniusALX

17-8.jpg

POWER!!!

18-7.jpg

H_enry_T & Ade3210 are too involved to notice OmniusALX & Geordie139 having their own battle as all 4 approach the 'tyres' at speed :nervous:

19-8.jpg

In a most audacious move, OmniusALX manages to thread his NSX needle between Ade3210 & H_enry_T!!! :scared: ...But where has Geordie139 gone???

3-10.jpg

Remember these???......

20-8.jpg

BANG!!! Geordie139 cuts in too deep and with Jamesybograt so close behind and nowhere to go - Lightning strikes twice!!! :ouch::ouch::ouch:

21-8.jpg

Geordie139 - 170mph to 0 in 1 second RAGES!:banghead: As Jamesybograt takes the same line as the previous lap :indiff:

22-8.jpg

Battles of a time to come - Ade3210 & H_enry_T, the start of many!

23-7.jpg

Joy_650 puts some air between KingBestJr

24-8.jpg

KingBestJr keeping up the pressure for that 1st place

25-8.jpg

Jamesybograt, with fire in his belly, takes Third_Reign cleanly on the start/finish straight

26-8.jpg

Cometh the hour, cometh the man - Jamesybograt knows after the first 2 laps, now it the time to nail it to remain in contention!

27-8.jpg

So close, not even a sheet of paper between them! A little bit of 'gentle' rubbing, no big deal...

28-7.jpg

Hang on a moment, is there something wrong with Jamesybograt's NSX? The Wheel looks like it's pointing the wrong way for the 'straight' :confused:

29-7.jpg

Hmmmm, Geordie139 can't quite believe what he's seeing....

30-6.jpg

Jamesybograt OFF! - Third_Reign OFF!.....Accidental? Deliberate? - DISCUSS.....:indiff::ouch:

31-5.jpg

OH NO! Again! Geordie139 this time the innocent party as he clips the tail of Third_Reign's NSX....

32-5.jpg

Mega highspeed spin from Geordie139 sends him smashing into the wall on the otherside of the straight as Third_Reign is now sent backwards! :ouch:

33-5.jpg

Geordie139 is only a passenger as Jamesybograt scrapes his NSX along the start/finish straight's far wall....

34-4.jpg

An unfortunate incident not typical of the CORE GT Series :indiff:

35-4.jpg

OmniusALX knows something is wrong behind :ill:

36-3.jpg

Who has survived? Is the race done??

37-4.jpg

Meanwhile Ade3210 & H_enry_T, unaware at what has happened continue their ensuing battles

38-3.jpg

Ade3210 & H_enry_T swapping places with each corner 👍

39-3.jpg

Ade3210 takes too much kerb! :nervous:

40-3.jpg

Geordie139 puts the first few laps behind him and charges through the field - Third_Reign keeps up the pressure

41-3.jpg

Slipstream central on the Start/Finish straight - Third_Reign & Geordie139

42-3.jpg

It's Ade3210's turn to lock horns with Geordie139 as the race nears it's conclusion

43-3.jpg

Has Ade3210 done enough to hold on to 3rd place???

44-3.jpg

In a race of drama and controversy, Fuelmyfire takes an impressive win 👍 - a race that saw retirements from none other than KingBestJr and Joy_650! :eek:

45-3.jpg

After 'that' lap, Third_Reign gets a deserved 2nd place for his efforts...

46-2.jpg

YES!!! Ade3210 does it! A nail biting end that saw him just pip Geordie139 for the 3rd place! Well done that man! 👍

Latest Posts

Back