CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Yeah, to anyone who might've had suffered from my poor internet connection, I apologize. Turns out my father was uploading pictures to his website, in massive quantities.

Could the following post their car stats if they were different from the last Club Race for the table.... (BHP & Weight)

Dowlin39
Geordie139
Hillracing
Jammy_Rex
Jamesybograt
Jimftr2
Third_Reign
Trotterlover79

👍

I changed between races but ran the second race with the same specs as last time.

Had problems with my connection today which made me miss all but one lap of qualifying. Made for an interesting first race as I was catching up the whole time. Wish I had done some practice before the race as my car was way off what it could be.

On the second race ran into a parked car at the start then got involved in a mess on the first lap at the chicane and got damage so I pitted on lap 1. It actually worked out great as I was able to make up time with a clear track and ended up in 2nd. Only problem was I was slow and my tires were going away. Had a heck of a battle trying to keep second. Was fun though. Gonna have to get my car set up right for the next one. How do I get the track to practice on?

No changes to my car setup....

Well that was carnage on the first lap of the 2nd but there was nothing I could do about it I'm afraid.... I first of all I got penalised for a jump start and my car stayed still..... But I knew that I hadn't jumped it, and looking at the replay you can see my foot was on the brake until after the clock started... Weird!

Then whilst battling at high speed leading to the chicane with Hillracing, slight contact was made putting me into a spin and on a collision course with everyone else negotiating that slow corner! Scary!

I think the first corner at GVE-R was relatively clean, we should make a "How to and how not to" video for first lap hard braking areas ^^.

Great racing at GP/F. My NSX ran better than last time with the reduction in weight and BHP. Had some good battles with Henry and Jammy_Rex in both races. Not sure what happened in race 2 lap 1 at the chicane, but it put Henry and Third out in front by 6 seconds. I only caught them up after they had made their pit stops.

GTP_ADE
Great racing at GP/F. My NSX ran better than last time with the reduction in weight and BHP. Had some good battles with Henry and Jammy_Rex in both races. Not sure what happened in race 2 lap 1 at the chicane, but it put Henry and Third out in front by 6 seconds. I only caught them up after they had made their pit stops.

Hi Ade, yeah I really enjoyed our battles although your NSX seemed to have that slight edge on mine, you were driving very well and were able to put in consistently lower lap times. What was the weight / bhp of yours just out of interest?

As for the first lap I have watched the replay and it was a result of Hillracing and myself dueling, I was in front but somehow we touched (my offside rear and his nearside front) and it sent me spinning off over the grass on a collision course with the main pack...

RGTNorthlander.png

Sneak Peek!!! 👍​

1-9.jpg

2-11.jpg

3-11.jpg

4-11.jpg

5-11.jpg

7-10.jpg

6-11.jpg

8-11.jpg

9-11.jpg

10-11.jpg

11-11.jpg

12-10.jpg

RGTNorthlander.png

Nice! I was hoping for more twistyness a la Nürburgring, but this seems really nice as well. I love the hairpin and the picture after it though, especially if its downhill :D

Remember this is the LAST Club Race - the endurance track, Round 13, not the track we are racing on next week in the NSX Championship Race :)

Remember this is the LAST Club Race - the endurance track, Round 13, not the track we are racing on next week in the NSX Championship Race :)

For some, it will still be a "NSX Championship" ;)

Lets hope I'll fully tame the NSX until then, some corners might give me lots of trouble in the current state. The track looks marvelous.

If im right i believe me and Jamesy tied for points this week with each of us having 29pts. Only because of the pole i got i think lol.

Track looks fun. Definetly will have to run some laps on it this week.

I haven't shared that track yet, it's our season finale :sly: Dunmoor GP is available to download for Friday's race 👍

RH-CLUB.png

Round 4 Heat 1 - Nurgurgring GP/D - Club Race - 14.9.12

1-10.jpg

An overcast day for the start of Heat 1 - KingBestJr on pole!

2-12.jpg

Cold tyres and that hairpin approaches! As Dowlin39 sneaks into the lead.

3-12.jpg

OmniusALX remains cautious! :eek:

4-12.jpg

In formation, everyone cleanly around turn 1 :scared:

5-12.jpg

OminusALX powers away from Trotterlover79's 'Heavy' Carlton :ouch:

6-12.jpg

Business as usuall for the Shelby Twins! - Downlin39 & Jamesybograt :lol:

7-11.jpg

A little tap from Ade3210 on KingBestJr as the field bunches up

8-12.jpg

Third_Reign having trouble with that tail of his NSX as OmniusALX takes the advantage...

9-12.jpg

Third_Reign left with a lot of work to do, and 15 laps to do it! :scared:

10-12.jpg

New face of Jimftr2 in the Opel leading Fuelmyfire and the rest of the field at the hairpin

11-12.jpg

Ade3210 is the first to pit!

12-11.jpg

Hillracing & Geordie139 battle as Fuelmyfire exits the pits

13-10.jpg

Geordie139 on a charge! 👍

14-10.jpg

Jamesybograt leading the race with a comfortable margin

15-9.jpg

Hard onto the brakes as Jamesybograt approaches the NGK Schikane

16-9.jpg

Geordie139 & Hillracing swapping places almost every lap :sly:

17-9.jpg

Jammy_Rex in for some new boots!

18-8.jpg

Jamesybograt isn't going to have it all his own way this race - not if KingBestJr has anything to say about it :)

19-9.jpg

Into the Lead? Has KingBestJr got the jump on Jamesybograt?

20-9.jpg

...not quite, but the Start/Finish straight is just around this corner...

21-9.jpg

As the race nears it's end, KingBestJr uses that slipstream to take the lead 👍

22-9.jpg

From what was a quiet but none the less an exciting race, KingBestJr holds on and takes the first heat win! Congratulations 👍👍👍

RH-CLUB.png

Round 4 Heat 2 - Nurburgring GP/D - Club Race - 14.9.12

1-11.jpg

Reverse Grid time - Lets see if this plays any part in Heat 2...

2-13.jpg

Hillracing has to swerve out of the way of Jammy_Rex's stalled NSX!

3-13.jpg

Third_Reign making the most of his P1 start 👍

4-13.jpg

Fuelmyfire showing us how NOT to take the first corner on cold tyres :scared:

5-13.jpg

H_enry_T fighting his MR-S around the hairpin :nervous:

6-13.jpg

The field as it settles into the race

7-12.jpg

OmniusALX losing out to Fuelmyfire at the cut-through

8-13.jpg

Fuelmyfire overcooking those rears! :sly:

9-13.jpg

A stacked field powering up to the NGK Schikane!!! Dowlin39 leading OmniusALX

10-13.jpg

Third_Reign & H_enry_T put some clean air between the 6 car pack

11-13.jpg

OmniusALX, Jimftr2 & KingBestJr off the racing line slam on the brakes...

12-12.jpg

...behind, Hillracing & Jammy_Rex touch slightly...

13-11.jpg

CONTACT! Hillracing runs wide touches the grass and snaps back into Jammy_Rex :scared::nervous::ouch:

14-11.jpg

In a plume of tyre smoke Jammy_Rex spins off backwards...

14a.jpg

...as Hillracing tries to avoid the NSX :scared:

15-10.jpg

As KingBestJr dives onto the racing line, a nudge to OmniusALX sends him onto the grass at speed!!!

16-10.jpg

Hillracing keeps well clear of the drama that's about to unfold ahead! :scared: as Jammy_Rex has no control over his fast moving NSX! :nervous:

17-10.jpg

With nowhere to go, OmniusALX is nothing more than a passenger as even full braking won't slow the Clio...

18-9.jpg

MAJOR IMPACT!!! :ouch:

19-10.jpg

Jamesybograt can only watch and hope to thread his Series 1 through the carnage :crazy:

20-10.jpg

Jammy_Rex's out of control NSX adds even more to the chaos as it slams into the side of Jimftr2! :ouch:

21-10.jpg

Ade3210 has to now contend with the bottle-neck!

22-10.jpg

Unknown to Third_Reign & H_enry_T their race is all about that 1st place spot!

23-8.jpg

Geordie139 & Ade3210 have made it through as the field regroups behind 👍

24-9.jpg

Jamesybograt can do nothing but wait until his path is clear

25-9.jpg

Back on the black! That was one hell of a first lap :eek: :crazy:

26-9.jpg

Upfront, there is a new battle begining, Ade3210 is in prime spot for 3rd

27-9.jpg

H_enry_T makes a welcome return to the series, after a quick rethink, running in 2nd is a nice reward for sticking with the CORE GT! 👍

28-8.jpg

KingBestJr takes Geordie139 wide after missing his braking point...

29-8.jpg

...both into the tyre wall! :ouch:

30-7.jpg

Ade3210 is hanging on as the Shelby Twins of Jamesybograt & Dowlin39 pile on the pressure

31-6.jpg

3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th....Now the race begins 👍

32-6.jpg

WOAH! Ade3210 darts on the inside of Jamesybograt....

33-6.jpg

Unfortunately Ade3210 is too fast and the late braking has cost him...

34-5.jpg

Ade3210 *was* up there with the distant Jamesybograt, now Jammy_Rex passes him :banghead:

35-5.jpg

Even OmniusALX has a chance...

36-4.jpg

Fuelmyfire now has Dowlin39 to contend with! Has Geordie got anything left to close the gap???

37-5.jpg

Jamesybograt reels in Third_Reign for that 2st place...

38-4.jpg

...that leaves only H_enry_T to catch for first!!! :sly:

39-4.jpg

H_enry_T lead so well in heat 2, but it's time for new rubber...

40-4.jpg

Into the Pits! H_enry_T needs a clean stop

41-4.jpg

Third_Reign now has the battle for 2nd behind him! :scared:

42-4.jpg

Tactical Pitstops??? Jamesybograt in, Geordie139 in, as Fuelmyfire's pit crew wave him in :nervous::nervous::nervous:

43-4.jpg

QUICK, QUICK, QUICK! Jamesybograt is on his way as Fuelmyfire & Geordie's pit crew have a race of their own!!! 👍

44-4.jpg

Only 5 laps to go and we can see 2nd to 7th on the same piece of track!!!! GAME ON! :sly:

45-4.jpg

After another fine display of racing at the front, it's time for Third_Reign to get some new covers

46-3.jpg

Hillracing looking to get a place on the podium...

47-2.jpg

Unlucky for KingBestJr! with only a few laps left, is that his race done?

48-2.jpg

KingBestJr fighting to control that loose rear :scared:

49-2.jpg

Geordie139 takes KingBestJr at turn 1 as he overcooks it again :crazy:

50-2.jpg

Dowlin39 Had it in the bag surely??? Sitting in 3rd takes too much curb and off onto the grass :banghead:

51-2.jpg

...and into the tyres as Hillracing surely has the 2nd spot now!

52-2.jpg

Last lap drama! Geordie139 has remained cool and can almost taste that 3rd place 👍

53-2.jpg

Through the NGK for the last time, can Dowlin39 make up for the earlier mistake???

54-2.jpg

After the first lap pile-up at the NGK, Jamesybograt who got caught up, after a tactical pitstop brings the Series 1 home for a well deserved win! 👍 Well done that man!

55-2.jpg

Hillracing is rewarded with a 2nd place (and to think, he was racing from a hotel room this week :eek:)

56-1.jpg

Geordie139 has done it! Dowlin39 just ran out of laps to claw back the time lost spent in those tyres. Well done Geordie139! 👍:sly:

The now famous first lap pile-up at the NGK
Available in 720HD

Last edited:
First of all, the sliding at the hairpin was a tactic, that actually worked on some points.

Secondly, you just HAD to put my rethinking in there :D :D

Great pics, race report and video Omnius. I have watched the crash many times over. I was lucky to be able to pick my way through the mess, and come out in third. Not too sure how I managed to miss Jamesy at turn 1 aswell, after missing my breaking point because I was in slipstream.

Hah, a tap up the rear and cold tyres are bad mix. But great pics and a nice night' racing :D. Really can't wait until the enduros.

Well this is it... We park our Club Cars for the next 3 weeks, its all about our NSX RM :)

This week - Dunmoor GP (custom track) followed by the first Enduro at the Nurburgring 24H the week after, then to kickstart the second half of the season its HSR! :) 👍

Still feel bad for omnius i just gave a love tap and was on the brakes and trying to turn to race line to avoid tapping him but unfortunately i did. I apologize was definetly my fault. I even stopped in chicane and waited for basically everyone to pass me lol.

Back