CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
I don't really know why, but revving engines get me all excited. Always!

Reference:

God this makes me happy in the pants.

Third Reign
I don't really know why, but revving engines get me all excited. Always!

Reference:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZsda6MhGk">YouTube Link</a>

God this makes me happy in the pants.

YOU SAID IT! :lol:

Phew! After several tune and detuning, fighting the oversteer all the way, got the car somewhat ready for the race ( its mostly me than the car). My best offline was 1'29.5xx and online lounge 1'30.2XX :D

mind if i change car colour to sliver grey(m), Looks very nice and not many others using grey i think. :)

15yu3ao.jpg

iceandspice
mind if i change car colour to sliver grey(m), Looks very nice and not many others using grey i think. :)

Not at all! Looking good!!! 👍 👍 👍

I think thats a good idea too, if everyone took a photo of their car and stick it on here just to 'show it off' if anything :D

Probably better at the start of the season when the cars are new, we've seen everyones now, what with the highlights I do :)

Has Dunmoor been resurfaced with sand paper? Even with stock suspension setup I'm eating tires,4 stops anyone???

I honestly believe that we are all required to do 4 stops (at least) after being there for Indy Road Course. The tire wear is quite a nerve-wrecker.

Fortunately there is no RLW used this Friday, so it will be set as follows - In Game race time = 16:30, Weather at 25% with 0 change, and a dry track 👍

Dammit, I was hoping for rain. Though, if there is rain when racing NSXs, do we keep the RH or do we switch to rain tires?

Edit: Just managed 15 laps within an interval of 1.5 seconds. I might go for 2 or 3 stops today :D

Last edited:
If we have any form of weather on a track that we are using Racing Tyres, you are allowed to use any combination of the Inters and/or Rain tyres.

If we are racing on anything other than Racing Tyres (Sports or Comforts) we remain on those tyres - even if the track is wet as these tyres will work in wet conditions, just like they would if they were on a road car as it were. We just have to race slower :eek:

Has Dunmoor been resurfaced with sand paper? Even with stock suspension setup I'm eating tires,4 stops anyone???

I think its the way the NSX grips the track that shreds the tyres, plus Dunmoor GP is a fast track anyway and the last time we raced he was in our almost standard Evora's on Sports Soft :)

Just done some runs with kingbest,got a 1:25.1 but still see many visits to the pit.

Dam, the best I can manage is a 1.28.1. BUT it was made on lap 7 on my 15 lap stint, so I have room to operate in :D Even though I will probably only get a 1.27.x'

Also, so if we race on SH and it rains, can I change to CS tires?

Yeah i just dont have time to figure the track out lol. Did run a 1:25.6 but Geordie got me beat. I need driving line for this track didnt get a chance to run any laps all week just ran a handfull with geordie. Just hope i dont miss a braking zone lol.

I love the track though Omnius!!

I just wanna finish in the top half. Seeing your laptimes here I am pretty much screwed.

What about your tire wear though? About 12-14 laps?

so if we race on SH and it rains, can I change to CS tires?

You could, as the game option only limits tyres better than Sports Hard. Question is would you risk using Comforts in the wet versus Sport tyres? :lol:

You could, as the game option only limits tyres better than Sports Hard. Question is would you risk using Comforts in the wet versus Sport tyres? :lol:

CS tires are better than SH tires in the rain, tested multiple times on different cars.

At a 1:25's pace tires wont last that long lol. I did manage a 1:25.4 just a second ago but tires are horrible. Big key to this race will be to keep the car on track lol. Love the track but dont know how much im gonna like racing on it not knowing it that well. Hoping to manage a top 5 and i will be happy.

wow, I need more practice. I had very few clean laps, all the spins did not help with tire wear too. Last two stints i tried to do 15 laps but i blew my tires, tried to limp back to pit it was too risky I didn't want to cause any incident or delay the front runners close to the finish so I left the track. I have not done many races without driving line and TC. OmniusGT i know you slowed at least twice to let me catch up to you. Every time i pushed i lost more time in spins fighting oversteer. I can definitely do better next race

As a matter of fact, i still don't know why TC option is hated this much. A lot of the professional touring car series have a traction control allowed, and my personal experience from gt5's TC is that it slows me down a bit.

Driving line adds absolutely nothing. It suggests a line, but that line definitely isn't the quickest.

Maybe we could loosen the rules a bit on those two options.

As for my race yesterday:
I got off the grid very well, saw some one before me twich on the countdown and could avoid him on the penalty quite well as a result. My tune was a bit on the understeery side, but whet i thought it matched the track quite well. That understeer sent me wide on the first corner of sector 2 (the one before the S bend leading to the back straight) touched the grass and managed to save it from a spin. Quick look in the mirrors and i noticed jamesy joined me for that one, didn't feel any contact thought. Contact did happen on the back straight braking point as he shot me off a few laps later. My point was set to the end of the fence to the left, which is a bit early for new tyres but worked well for worn tyres. I planed for a 8 lap stint, but as everyone before me pitted i decided against it and stayed out. Quick recalculation said a 14 and two 13 will be needed, so i got the 14 out of the way first and was surprised at how well the tyres held. Stint two was uneventful, I stayed on track and gained valuable time on fuel and henry in front of me. Lap 27 called for the last stop, the race was getting late and my concentration started to fade a bit. Early brake points started to pay off and i kept my laps clean. Mistakes by both fuel and henry pushed me up to 4th rank, but dowlin was out of reach at that point.

If anyone is interested in the tune I used, I'll gladly share. The only thing I was unhappy about is the transmission, as i have no clue how to tune it right. Basically i use top speed to get the gears into the max torque max power window during shifts and final drive to max out on the longest straight. So i definitely need advice there.

A lap in words as I chose my line (I'm a fan of cockpit view):
Main straight full throttle until a car length past the pit exit line, then light braking into 4th and turn in to the S bends. Full throttle as i see the rumble strip through the S bends. Next braking point into 3rd is the wall to the left, once the beginning of the paint job (blue/white striping) vanishes behind the A-Pillar. Stay inside long and get on the gas as soon as the next left bend of this second S is fully visible, which is lightly broken into, still in 3rd. Up next is the nasty downhill u-turn which i took on a inside line still in 3rd gear. Light braking started slightly before the road dips, let her roll until the sector line, then full throttle out. That kept the rear planted like a dream. Uphill to my problem corner, braking point is one of the shadows on the road into 3rd. I'm always on the inside too early, sometimes forcing me down to 2nd to correct the car angle. Throttle is stepped on really late, usually i waited until the end of the rumble strip (which i was riding beginning to end). Exit full throttle through the S bends onto the back straight. On the last lap of the stint I needed to lift on the first corner of this S. At the end of the back straight I wait for the end of the fence to the left, then brake smooth into 3rd stepping on the throttle once over the small hill, up-shift into 4th for the left bend lifting and shift to 3rd for the right bend, get the car pointing inside and then petal to the metal to the finish line.
I really like this track, and I remember I had my first victory here on the Evoras as well.

Holy **** what a wall of text from we, I'm bored as hell right now.

Good and in depth report there Third! 👍

The TC option is one of those options that just happend, in fact I can't remember when it came in! And as you say, using it against someone not using it, doesn't automatically mean you have an advantage as it limits your acceleration :indiff:

If more people wish to have the option to use TC I will enable it *after* the N24 Endurance race for the second half of the season.

Driving line though is a different story, in the interest of keeping it as real as GT allows, I've never seen any motorsport on TV where there is a big blue line drawn on the circuit :lol: I know if you don't use it, you don't see it, but for me it's the thin end of the wedge, first the driving line, then ASM etc etc... :indiff: it's GT5, not NFS :D

Right, onto the highlights! :)

I won't be coming to the race this Friday, because I have a party to go to, and I have to go, because I already payed for my share of the drinks.

Sorry, I would've liked to do the endurance in the Green Hell.

Any highlights of me will be me facing the wrong way...

And here's me thinking you had a good yet 'quiet' race ;)

I won't be coming to the race this Friday, because I have a party to go to, and I have to go, because I already payed for my share of the drinks.

Sorry, I would've liked to do the endurance in the Green Hell.

Not to worry H_enry_T I'm sure you'll be missed! See you for Round 7 👍

Last edited:
Sorry everyone for the *late* updates! Been quite busy on Saturday, then when you get into the working week, you don't have as much time to get everything together to upload...well it's all done now as you can see here 👍

Good racing on Friday, I just don't know what happened to my performance! I'm normally quite good around Dunmoor GP :lol:

Anyway, as we are almost ready for our first Endurance Race, I thought I'd remind everyone, there is NO QUALIFYING for our Endurance events. How the grid is worked out is as follow....(for the benefit of our new drivers)

The grid is based on a reverse grid of the current CHAMPIONSHIP standings (not overall Season standings) as this race falls under the Championship (NSX)

See you all on Friday 👍

Last edited:
Back