CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
I watched the replay of Round 5, baring in mind I try to cover the whole field.

I didn't see anyone being aggressive during the race, this is not how we race in the CORE and never have, I'm pretty sure there were 11 other drivers out there who enjoyed their race regardless of their final positions...

The lineup for starting Round 6 is final I'm afraid. Otherwise why have a set rule that everyone else goes by?

As for being outwardly aggressive, there will be penalties (as well documented on page 1) and to be honest, the move pulled at Indy Road course would have brought a DQ if you hadn't have quit the race anyway.

:indiff:

And as you know my driving style is not aggressive .
I don't hit people deliberately and give racing room no mater what.

Last edited:
I think you've got your caps lock on?

This reminds me of what HP once said....

Heathenpride
Rage quitters need not apply, if you rage quit you will be expelled from the remaining season without notice, I have too much going on and have no desire to negotiate with impatient fools so if you are a rage quitter you can walk away now.

Also, I will not entertain rule changes from the above so don't post anything telling me that I need to make changes.HP

Last edited:
OmniusGT
I think you've got your caps lock on?

This reminds me of what HP once said....

I'd probably not need to do anything with this guy, my members would beat me to it.

Grow up Bograt and show Omnius (and the AUP) some respect.

jamesybograt
SO BE WARNED from now on i will be very aggressive and any one is fair game whether getting passed or being passed

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

BRING ON THE GREEN HELL lets see who makes it out alive...

Everyone happy with that? Online lobbies prehaps.....not in the CORE GT Series

I don't want to start any bad blood here jamesy. You are a fun and good racer to spend time in GT5 with. You're a helpful fellow but seem to lose your temper a bit easy and I don't appreciate you trying to put me into a bad spotlight because of this.

As I mentioned in my report, I always drive in cockpit view. I don't have the luxury of a 3 monitor home entertainment system, so my perception of the sides is very limited. I did indeed not see you next to me. I did hear your horn thought...
A golden car does not represent the right of passage, for me the leading car into a corner has the right to turn in, holding his line (GTP OLR 06 C). GTP OLR 08 A might be in favor of you, but GTP OLR 08 B states "substantial overlap" to be necessary for 08 A to be in effect, which wasn't present on your part.
RMrace006.jpg

The incident with dowlin is blown way out of proportion. Yes conact was there, three corners long our little position battle went by completely fair. The contact was a result of me leaving the outside open for dowlin into the turn, causing me to go a bit wide on the exit. For me this falls into the category race incident, not deliberately forcing somebody wide. If dowlin thinks otherwise, I'll officially apologize. All this happened lap 3 but i advise everybody to watch until lap 4 as well.

In hindsight I agree that me rejoining the track on lap 4 wasn't the safest way to solve the situation. I rejoined at about 10-15% throttle, the spin happened at the time at which I was back on track reapplying throttle. The left bend was coming, I could have tried to take it on the grass, but that option didn't appear to me during the race. The incident happened faster than I could react to everything that i should have done: Control the car, assess the situation, rejoin the track. By the time the car was kept stable the left bend was already right in front of me, hard braking and turning on the grass is at most questionable. No spin would have been no problem. I would have stayed on the inside of the bend and both dowlin and you could have passed due to the higher speed in the corner. Unlucky for me I did spin, and I'll apologize for this incident now that I have watched the replay of it.

I don't need to talk about what happened after the rejoining incident.

Indy is a thing for the past for me. All I have to add is that there was absolutely no contact between us on the banked corners. The first contact was between us on the start straight, me going straight and you coming slightly towards the wall. The second was because of us swaying due to the first. These two contacts on the straight where "race incidents" for me. The final that ran me straight into the wall was questionable.

I plan on being as fair as possible in each race I partake. I can leave these incidents behind me and go into every race with a fresh start and no grudges against anyone. I hope that we both can come to terms on this and race the next race like many before as true gentlemen.

Exactly Third! 👍

As it is my series I have final say on what I see as a racing incident and what is caused on purpose.

As for the OLR, the CORE GT isn't endorsed or ran by GTP, my rules are simpler, its called common sense, there are plenty of laps to be the better driver, why put yourself into a questionable position on the track only to complain that the outcome didn't go in your favour?

Above all racing accidents happen, and I'll be the judge of what falls into that category.

We've managed this far, with new and old drivers alike, and at the end of the day, it's a game, it isn't real, the cars and environment only behave as good as the code and AI will allow.

I've just never seen anyone else rage quit as much not to mention stopping shy of the finishing line :indiff: If it was all about winning, all of the time, I'd never start a race! At Dunmoor I'd have killed to finish 6th!

Last edited:
Yes i understand everyone has there opinion on racing .
And to me an overlap is at least 2/3 rds of the lead car ,my picture doesn't show the braking zone where i am level with you as you turn in .
As for coming back on track without looking ,the amount of time you were on the grass gave you ample opportunity to survey what was going on around you.
and knowing that myself and Dowlin was in close attendance would have been evident.

But this is my opinion (little does it mean)

As a racer i Hold no grudges at the next race .
SO ALL IS FORGOTTEN .........

Good to know that this could be resolved without escalating too far. I will remap my buttons a bit to get the sideways look on my wheel instead of the shifter, it should make looking easier on me while infight. (Although looking has caused me some unintended rubbing with Jamesy (again?) on the Nurb club race on the main straight once. Seems like we have a fatal attraction lately)

Further investigation on my part does agree that our contact did warrant you a right to the line at turn in. The picture above was of our barking maneuver, at which I was still in authority (my opinion) of the line and I do brake softer than most. But its the turn in that counts.

I'm pretty sure you do know that I don't purposely try to cause such incidents that happen while defending a position. We have had plenty of situations where things went well, and I do try to leave enough space for my competitors, we just had a bad run these two last championship races where we had 3 situations where things went slightly to the bad side.

I'm hoping the next race will break this streak and we stay away from such unfortunate incidents. As always I'm looking forward to good CORE GT races.

PS: how in the 9 hells did I manage to lead the championship standings :odd:

Third Reign
Good to know that this could be resolved without escalating too far. I will remap my buttons a bit to get the sideways look on my wheel instead of the shifter, it should make looking easier on me while infight. (Although looking has caused me some unintended rubbing with Jamesy (again?) on the Nurb club race on the main straight once. Seems like we have a fatal attraction lately)

Further investigation on my part does agree that our contact did warrant you a right to the line at turn in. The picture above was of our barking maneuver, at which I was still in authority (my opinion) of the line and I do brake softer than most. But its the turn in that counts.

I'm pretty sure you do know that I don't purposely try to cause such incidents that happen while defending a position. We have had plenty of situations where things went well, and I do try to leave enough space for my competitors, we just had a bad run these two last championship races where we had 3 situations where things went slightly to the bad side.

I'm hoping the next race will break this streak and we stay away from such unfortunate incidents. As always I'm looking forward to good CORE GT races.

Something you might try is zooming in the map. I did that and it made a big difference in awareness of other drivers.

In no way did i intend to say you did it intentionally .

Last edited:
Bograt's gone!

I'll not have the CORE GT Series or it's drivers become subject to overly aggressive driving or tantrums from anyone, I put a lot into keeping this going, some of that comes from the many who take the time to turn up and play by the rules, the rules I set and judge to be fair, season after season.

The race at Indy really bothered me, there is NO PLACE in here for someone to spit the dummy out and take matters into there own hands and blatantly run someone off the track, then to quit to escape a penalty! I didn't come here to offer this sort of behaviour to my fellow drivers, what if this was a new driver? They'd be right to think we were no better than an online lobby.

That incident was the camels nose in the tent, the outburst and poor photos on my thread was the whole camel! I wouldn't go onto anyone else’s thread and BLOCK CAP rant about something in that way regardless of how I saw the race, there is a PM system here that can be used in the first instance, what we saw was totally out of order IMO.

I'm drawing a line in the sand, we move forward to Round 6 safe in the knowledge that we won't have any 'disruptions' I just couldn't take the risk what with this being our 1.5 hour race.

That is all gentlemen, END OF...

DISAPPOINTED.
After joining CORE in series 1.
I feel it is very sad that it has come to this.

SO FAREWELL AND ADIEU FROM THE BOGRAT

SEASON 1 RUNNER UP
SEASON 2 WINNER
SEASON 3 WINNER
SEASON 4 WINNER

hope to race you all again sometime .

thanks for all the good races

As we are almost ready for our first Endurance Race, I thought I'd remind everyone, there is NO QUALIFYING for our Endurance events. How the grid is worked out is as follow....(for the benefit of our new drivers)

The grid is based on a reverse grid of the current CHAMPIONSHIP standings (not overall Season standings) as this race falls under the Championship (NSX)

So the lineup for Friday is as follows >>>

1st - Jammy_Rex
2nd - Ade3210
3rd - H_enry_T
4th - Dowlin39
5th - OmniusALX
6th - Fuelmyfire
7th - geordie139
8th - KingBestJr
9th - Third_Reign
10th - Trotterlover79 (Non-points scorer)
11th - Arieracer (Non-points scorer)

If you can't make it on Friday like H_enry_T (would have been 3rd), anyone below you will just move up 1 place.

See you all on Friday 👍

Last edited:
RH-CHAMP.png

Round 5 - Dunmoor GP - Championship Race - 21.9.12

1-12.png

The first Northumberland Park race of the series sees Hillracing claim P1 👍

2-14.png

KingBestJr stalls it at the lights! Ade3210 *just* manages to avoid him :eek:

3-14.png

...Jammy_Rex doesn't!!! :ouch:

4-14.png

Jammy_Rex slides into the path of our new driver to the CORE GT - Arieracer!

5-14.png

:ouch: Not the start either driver was hoping for :crazy:

6-14.png

Ade3210 in the mix and off the track - Damn those cold tyres! ....Trotterlover79 seems to have the same problem...

7-13.png

KingBestJr starts as he means to go on, as he reels in OmniusALX and puts his stall behind him.

8-14.png

Into the sunset - Dowlin39 & Hillracing on a crisp autumnal Northumberland afternoon.

9-14.png

Jamesybograt powering past Third_Reign...

10-14.png

...TOO MUCH POWER, as Jamesybograt gets loose :nervous:

11-14.png

Can Geordie139 keep KingBestJr back???

12-13.png

Has the rivalry between Third_Reign & Jamesybograt been re-ignited from that fateful race at the Indy Road Course???

13-12.png

Jamesybograt pushing too hard too soon???

14-12.png

KingBestJr is flying after his poor start, as H_enry_T keeps pace.

15-11.png

The battle with Jamesybograt & Third_Reign continues as its Third_Reign's time to overcook it :crazy:

16-11.png

Unfortunately for Jamesybograt, there's nowhere to go!!!!

17-11.png

Dowlin39 threads his NSX through the smoke as both Third_Reign & Jamesybograt go off...

18-10.png

With the field still tight, Third_Reign & Jamesybograt can only hope to minimise the damage...

19-11.png

Only 1 place lost as Geordie139 takes the advantage 👍

20-11.png

With still grassy tyres, Third_Reign loses traction - Jamesybograt is on hand to retake the position.

21-11.png

Almost! Geordie139 briefly takes KingBestJr only to run wide...

22-11.png

With no grip, Geordie139's NSX is nothing more than a high speed road block for Dowlin39...

23-9.png

As Geordie139 regains control, Dowlin39 has to take matters into his own hands...

24-10.png

The approaching H_enry_T knows somethings happened up ahead, but where is that NSX!!! :eek:

25-10.png

Arieracer trying to get to grips with his NSX on his CORE GT debut 👍 :nervous:

26-10.png

Jamesybograt & Trotterlover 79

27-10.png

Ade3210 with Third_Reign hard behind both touch the grass...

28-9.png

...Ade3210 comes of worse! :ouch:

29-9.png

As Ade3210 rights his NSX, OmniusALX & Jammy_Rex benefit while having their own race 👍

30-8.png

Nothing between both OmniusALX & Jammy_Rex...

31-7.png

Who will have the edge at the end of the straight?

32-7.png

Dowlin39 & Fuelmyfire

33-7.png

Jammy_Rex taps Ade3210 into a spin...

34-6.png

Is that guilt behind that visor? As Jammy_Rex leaves the scene of the accident without allowing Ade3210 to re-take his place :indiff:

35-6.png

A quiet, but well run race from KingBestJr

36-5.png

Jamesybograt takes his stop...from 4th to 6th...

37-6.png

...First corner + too fast x cold tyres = one annoyed Jamesybograt :ouch:

38-5.png

Jamesybograt in the slip of Arieracer

39-5.png

As Jamesybograt passes, Arieracer takes too much curb...

40-5.png

...SPIN! for Arieracer :banghead:

41-5.png

A commanding performance from Hillracing - Pole and lead from the off 👍

42-5.png

It must have been raining at that part of the circuit Jammy_Rex was on :lol:

43-5.png

Showing off right until the end! As Hillracing crosses the line with style! 👍

44-5.png

Last lap drama! Jamesybograt just can't find a way past Ade3210 with only a couple of corners remaining :eek:

45-5.png

Close but no contact! 👍

46-4.png

Round 5 Shocker! Has Jamesybograts NSX developed a mechanical prob only 2 corners from the end? As Ade3210 races away...

47-3.png

From 6th to 9th! Jamesybograt appears to stop only feet from the line! :confused::scared:

48-3.png

Parade lap complete, Hillracing and his fellow countryman KingBestJr - 1st & 2nd 👍 👍 👍 Well done all :D

As we look towards our first Endurance event tomorrow, I will upload the NORTHLANDER circuit for everyone to download and test out with your Club Cars after tomorrows race 👍

Fuelmyfire
Must say I like the nsx with the new aero changes 👍

Interesting! I haven't actually tried it since the update, so what is it that makes it feel different?

Is it my imagination or does the steering on my NSX using DFGT feel a bit heavier?! Probably is my imagination lol!

Well it looks like I'm going to miss tomorrows race. I have to drive from Texarkana Texas to Dallas tomorrow afternoon which is when the race is in my time zone. Hope to make next week.

OmniusGT
I didn't see anyone being aggressive during the race, this is not how we race in the CORE and never have, I'm pretty sure there were 11 other drivers out there who enjoyed their race regardless of their final positions...

Well I can vouch for that. I might be a relative newbie to an online racing championship like this, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the racing and the friendliness shown by all, and this despite not exactly being at the sharp end, yet anyway! I feel privileged to be part of such a well organised and run championship, so thanks for giving me the opportunity :)

Agreed, I don't think I've seen anything more than what I'd call a "love-tap".

And the aero changes mean that when you put it at min aero there is a very noticeable change from max aero. Unlike before where it made little to no difference. Also it is nice to have a car that is set up to understeer to understeer unlike before ^^. No more raised fronts for turn in :x

Last edited:
I wonder how the new downforce and tyre wear will play out tonight in our 1hr30 ring race???

I've not ran any laps in the NSX since the update :eek: so I'm looking forward to finishing work and getting in the zone 👍

I ran a couple of laps on the ring in our NSX just after the update and was quite impressed with the new tyre wear.
After a scruffy,tyre abusing out lap and a decent quick lap I'd only used15-20% of the tyres and I'm not one for making tyres last,was half expecting to need to pit every other lap.

Is it too late to rejoin the endurance race? Since Thursday I have been ill enough to take medicine, and since we all know that alcohol and drugs don't go well together, I've decided not to go, leaving me open to race.

HenryT
Is it too late to rejoin the endurance race? Since Thursday I have been ill enough to take medicine, and since we all know that alcohol and drugs don't go well together, I've decided not to go, leaving me open to race.

YES!!! Your space is reserved, you will of course be able to joins us around Green Hell tonight! :D

I'll update the starting order 👍

1st - Jammy_Rex
2nd - Ade3210
3rd - H_enry_T
4th - Dowlin39
5th - OmniusALX
6th - Fuelmyfire
7th - geordie139
8th - KingBestJr
9th - Third_Reign
10th - Trotterlover79 (Non-points scorer)
11th - Arieracer (Non-points scorer)

Back