CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
3000 posts Omnius, well done. Core GT is stronger than ever, with good honest clean drivers. Glad to be part of this.👍👍👍

I was well pleased Trotter enjoyed it and lasted the whole race 👍

Wish KingBestJr had better luck and managed to avoid the accidents, who know where he might have finished!?

RH-END.png

Round 6 - Nurburgring 24h - Championship Endurance Race - 28.9.12

1-13.png

Its the big one!!! Heavy damage and a Reverse Championship Grid has Jammy_Rex & Ade3210 on the front

2-15.png

KingBestJr plays it safe and hangs back...

3-15.png

Where's Geordie139 going!!!! :scared:

4-15.png

First turn drama!!! Geordie139 misses his braking point...

5-15.png

DAMAGE!!! Geordie139 & Ade3210 have a LONG way to go for repairs!!! :ouch::ouch::ouch:

6-15.png

Dowlin39 & H_enry_T can only try to avoid the accident! :nervous:

7-14.png

OmniusALX keeps his NSX wide!

8-15.png

Fuelmyfire forgets which circuit we're on :lol:

9-15.png

Trotterlover79 watching on as everyone comes to terms with a very long first lap :crazy:

10-15.png

Dowlin39 carrying rear wheel damage fights his NSX! :scared:

11-15.png

...Too much to handle at high speed!

12-14.png

Unlucky for KingBestJr as Dowlin39 finally loses control! :eek:

13-13.png

Wrong place at the Wrong time, Dowlin39 & KingBestJr collide :ouch:

14-13.png

Dowlin39 off into the sand, both cars carrying major damage yet again! :ill:

15-12.png

OmniusALX overcooks it! :crazy:.....

16-12.png

....Arieracer takes the full force of a stationary NSX! :scared:

17-12.png

Meanwhile, KingBestJr battles hard to control his damaged NSX

18-11.png

Race leader Jammy_Rex & Third_Reign battle away undamaged 👍

19-12.png

Jammy_Rex gets out of shape at speed! :eek:

20-12.png

Third_Reign over corrects to avoid Jammy_Rex but touches the grass allowing H_enry_T to take the lead???

21-12.png

CONTACT!!! Third_Reign's NSX snaps back onto the track right in front of H_enry_T!!! :scared:

22-12.png

BOOM! Both off in a cloud of smoke and grass!

23-10.png

Jammy_Rex's 'off' has allowed Geordie139 to close the gap.

24-11.png

Concerntrating too much on Geordie139, Jammy_Rex misses his braking point!

25-11.png

Geordie139 drawn into Jammy_Rex's slipstream follows him onto the grass :ouch:

26-11.png

Still suffering from a damaged NSX, KingbestJr is caught by OmniusALX

27-11.png

OmniusALX - Making it count! 👍

28-10.png

Geordie139 'just' remembers the pitlane is on the GP track!!! :lol:

29-10.png

...but then forgets where the entrance is :D :lol: :D :lol: With the lead he's got, we can forgive him a quick reverse! :crazy:

30-9.png

Must be catching! Ade3210 tries to see if they'll let him in this way :D Apparently he called the marshalls 'plebs' or something :sly:

31-8.png

Trotterlover79 looks on in amazment :) In all the excitment even Fuelmyfire is having difficulties entering the pits!

32-8.png

OmniusALX out of the pits....a quick check of the pop-up headlights, we'll be needing these soon.

33-8.png

Quite possibly the most action ever seen in any CORE GT pitstop! It's like Piccadilly Circus in there!!! :lol:

34-7.png

Dowlin39 just can't look! There's Trotterlover79!!! Go on Trotter! 👍

35-7.png

Back to the battle! KingBestJr has driven superbly to really close the gap with OmniusALX!

36-6.png

Too much pressure for OmniusALX as KingBestJr slipstreams.

37-7.png

OmniusALX can't believe it! KingBestJr carrying too much speed from the overtake, takes himself off - CRUNCH! :ouch:

38-6.png

The pressures off once again, OmniusALX can breath easy as KingBestJr has even more damage to contend with :crazy:

39-6.png

A sturdy performance from Ade3210 on one of his weaker circuits...Holding 3rd from Jammy_Rex 👍

40-6.png

...Woah! Spoke too soon! It's critical to touch the grass at that speed :nervous:

41-6.png

What's this!!! Jammy_Rex plays the same move as Ade3210 spins across the track...

42-6.png

Seconds from disaster!

43-6.png

After a monumental impact, OmniusALX arrives and stands on the anchors with both feet to stop as Jammy_Rex & Ade3210's NSX's part...

44-6.png

OmnuisALX makes up 2 places but has his orange nemesis of KingsBestJr on his tail yet again! :scared::nervous:

45-6.png

Brace for impact, as KingBestJr mis-judges his braking point and almost T-bone's OmniusALX...

46-5.png

...with the minor damage from the earlier contact, OmniusALX can't hold the tail in line and loses it :ill:

47-4.png

At least OmniusALX doesn't have to race looking backwards for the forseeable future 👍

48-4.png

OmniusALX getting greedy as he tries to catch KingBestJr :D

49-3.png

KingBestJr is off!!!!! In the excitment, OmniusALX does exactly the same thing!!!! :dunce:

50-3.png

OmniusALX takes advantage of Jammy_Rex's rather unwell NSX as KingBestJr, yet again makes up ground! What a guy 👍

51-3.png

So lightning does strike twice!!! First Dowlin39, now Jammy_Rex snaps out of control just as KingBestJr goes for the pass....:indiff:

52-3.png

Jammy_Rex & KingBestJr make the best of a bad situation and get back to business

53-3.png

With all the drama behind, OmniusALX builds a nice healthy gap.

54-3.png

Another pitstop completed for KingBestJr & Jammy_Rex....Although Jammy's tyres are a bit on the cold side!!! :scared::nervous:

55-3.png

Talk about lightning striking twice! They do say it comes in three's!!! :crazy: :banghead:

56-2.png

NOT AGAIN! DAMAGE!!!! :mad: :mad:

57-1.png

The time has come, with too much damaged sustained everylap, KingBestJr retires from the race....Unlucky mate, there's always next week 👍

58-1.png

As the race enters into the later stages, H_enry_T looks in a solid position to score big....

59-1.png

As if luck would have it, H_enry_T suffers a malfunction...

60-1.png

As the sun sets, so does H_enry_T's chances of any points, total gearbox failure :ouch: ( Disconnection :lol: )

61-1.png

Geordie139 in a commanding position leading the race as we approach night 👍

62-1.png

Where it was KingBestJr, OmniusALX now has the big green mean machine of Dowlin39 to contend with!!! :scared:

63-1.png

Phew! That was close, Dowlin39 showing some highspeed grass cutting :sly:

64-1.png

As night falls, the laps fall and Dowlin39 takes on Fuelmyfire for 3rd place...

65-1.png

Fuelmyfire fluffs it and ploughs into the gravel as Dowlin39 gets that 3rd spot :)

66-1.png

How does that saying go Fuelmyfire? Ah yes, "Red sky at night, Keep a check on your petrol light!" :D :lol: ;)

67-1.png

Third_Reign doing all he can to hold onto that 2nd place as we near the end of a dramatic race

68-1.png

It's like the Blair Witch out there! But that hasn't frightned our very own Trotterlover79! What a sterling drive from that man 👍 The full 1hr30 :D :D :D

69-1.png

The things dreams are made of! OmniusALX can't believe his luck as he passes the stricken NSX of Fuelmyfire!!!! He's running on fumes :crazy:

70-1.png

Gutting for Fuelmyfire as OmniusALX takes 4th on the last lap! If only you had taken a few more litres of fuel, Fuel ( get it? ;) )

71-1.png

That was a tough race! But Geordie139 comes through to take an amazing win!!! Well done Geordie 👍 👍 👍

72-1.png

What's this! Yet more gifts from the N24???? Dowlin39 can see the lights, but it must be a backmarker surely????

73-1.png

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! With MAJOR damage, Third_Reign can only coast his battered NSX down the straight as Dowlin39's persistance pays off and takes 2nd with only a few turns to go!!!! :drool:

74-1.png

After the start Dowlin39 had, no one would have thought he'd finish 2nd!!! :D Nice one 👍

75-1.png

It goes without saying, never give in during a CORE GT Endurance race....you never know what will happen as Third_Reign limps home in 3rd.

awsome pics as usual, :) loved it. 👍👍👍:drool:

Awesome pictures Omnius once again, just shows you shouldn't quit as it isn't over until it's over. 👍 Although I will admit, I did strongly think about retiring at one point but obviously I didn't and benefited from it. On to the next one 👍

And I had a brief go around the Northlander. It is BIG that's for sure :lol:. I managed a fastest lap of 2:29:638 but I was between 5 tenths to 1 second in front of that until i buried it in the barrier somwhere :scared:. It'l be great though can't wait to see some more times to see how much work I'll have to do 👍

A big Thankyou to all who have made running the CGT worth it, and for getting this thread to 3000+ posts!

This is turning out to be a good season to rival Season 3! I'm enjoying adding the highlights each week! Love trying to capture the excitement of the races to 'show off' what we all do each week!

It does add something to the thread, like keeping a story ticking over, must be good for visitors to the thread to set the scene after the mechanics of the run down on page 1? :D

Good racing and a great bunch of lads, can't ask for more can you? I honestly hate having to wait a whole week to do it all again :D

Thanks for the support!

I've been toying with ideas for Season 6, as the current season will end on 16th Nov, rather than starting S6 a week later ( as we approach the end of the year ) I thought I'd give us all a break and start in the new year, I'm aiming for mid January.

But as a taster, I will do a couple of Endurance races using our new Championship & Club Cars during the holidays, I might be tempted to increase the durations of the races as I'm guessing most of you will have some free time, plus we'd be able to start earlier and on different days?

I'll have more nearer the time :D

Sounds great :D the more enduros the better! Admittedly I was getting hand cramps from my DS3 near the end, but it was so much fun.

But was it fun due to the length of the race or the 'fear' of heavy damage?

I'm thinking if the track is smaller, the use of heavy damage will still carry the element of danger, but at least if there are accidents, the trip back won't be so much of a burden??? :)

Looking at dates for our Endro Specials (CES) I'm proposing 14th, 21st & 28th December. Either all 3 or just 2?

Times will be 20:30 if the Friday is used (28th could be anytime everyone is available) I would also be around on the weekdays after the 26th December, possibly free most of the day.

2 would be the minimum ( Champ car and Club car) 3 Would include a vote of which car to run twice :sly:

Let me know what you all think? I'm planning them to be a 2 hour race also :)

Season 6 to start on 18th January 2013

Can't do the 28th but the other two dates are fine for me.

It was fun because of the length, danger and I LOVE the 'Ring :D. But enduro racing has always been something I've liked :).

How about making the enduro specials a GT86 vs BRZ vs FRS event? Fully tuned and Sports soft, maybe weight and bhp limited. I love the car and probably many due so as well.

I'll be using the cars that we will be using in Season 6. (I've got a couple of cars in mind)

Got some testing to run later in the month, then when the season ends on 16th Nov, I'll finalise the layout for S6 (including cars)

I'll do the reveal and prepare everyone for the endurance events :) (I promise, NO HEAVY DAMAGE at the 'Ring - can't promise that for the smaller tracks :sly: )

The pics are awesome, how do you get them so good. The endurance race specials sound good, (no heavy damage at the ring 👍). I am planning a December endurance in SC using the new S3 car.

The pics are awesome, how do you get them so good. The endurance race specials sound good, (no heavy damage at the ring 👍). I am planning a December endurance in SC using the new S3 car.

Shutter speeds, focal lengths and an eye for composition ;) :rolleyes:

[Top Tip] Close to subject, wide angle lens, slow shutter speed, mode 2 = sense of speed shot! :D (Remember to pick your focus point then move/position to compose the shot, if you zoom in or out remember to re-focus your shot)

We'll be having some enduro fun over the holidays then 👍

You will be with a new car, the engine isn't run in so you will be a lot slower :eek:

In my experience it's best to stick with 1 car for the whole season (not just for the colour) but the engine gets better with use :)

ADE, I looked up your Sunday cup, I like the series so did some practice to see if I can be competitive in elise ........... * shakes my head* over 4 sec slow per lap on nurburgring gp track and many off :crazy:. I don't do so well without TC and driving line :nervous: Its too hard for me, Iam working on it 💡 to get more track time and practice. So i have joined Turtle and Snail series for saturday and sunday they have lower division which allow aids and I get to race with similar skilled racers :sly:

Turtle ... snail... I am slow :D

You will be with a new car, the engine isn't run in so you will be a lot slower :eek:

In my experience it's best to stick with 1 car for the whole season (not just for the colour) but the engine gets better with use :)

True. i thought since its along endurance race, i will gain hp over time, while other cars will start losing hp. Turns out not so much :dopey:

Rule Update!

As from this Friday, the CORE GT Series will allow the use of TC :)
👍
yay! thanks Omnius. I know you doing this only for me. All other drivers don't need it. With TC set to 1 or 2 it will allow me catch the car when rear steps out. Hopefully i can do better at HSR :cheers:

woohoo! 21 points on standings. I am glad i stayed on track its worth chunk of points. Even though i want to set the car on fire :crazy: after being 3 laps down.

I did a another practice session on monday Nurburgring stock Acura NSX RM ( tuning prohibited and with TC-1, DL) It was not so bad. I finished 2nd in practice car felt good to drive. Its kinda Love-hate relationship between me, Acura and Nurburgring. :D

Last edited:
ADE, I looked up your Sunday cup, I like the series so did some practice to see if I can be competitive in elise ........... * shakes my head* over 4 sec slow per lap on nurburgring gp track and many off :crazy:. I don't do so well without TC and driving line :nervous: Its too hard for me, Iam working on it 💡 to get more track time and practice. So i have joined Turtle and Snail series for saturday and sunday they have lower division which allow aids and I get to race with similar skilled racers :sly:

Turtle ... snail... I am slow :D

Your more than welcome to join us at SC. Funnily enough there is a vacant spot after the last race. There are drivers of all levels, and the Elise is a good car to start with without TC with the right setup, which we can help you with. All we ask is that you are a clean an honest driver, which I can see that you are from the races in CORE.

Fantastic photos Omnius! They tell the whole story of the race and capture the atmosphere perfectly :)

Lol in most of them I seem to be crashing or spinning, but I was actually quite proud of my 1 lap leading the race (well on and off) at the start!!! ;) On reflection I found it a very tough and punishing challenge, and was quite a lonely race for me after those first 3 or so laps...:indiff:

I would love to be part of any enduros you run over the off-season, but it depends on what else I have got on... I have probably made more Fridays than I expected to, but not sure how much longer I can keep this up for as my girlfriend won't be too happy!!! :nervous:;) I'm off to Silverstone on Sunday for the BTCC just as I was at Rockingham 2 weeks ago, and might be tied up for much of Friday eve and Saturday trying to fit other stuff in (like the girlfriend lol! :lol:), but I would just LOVE to attempt the HSR in the NSX so really hope I can fit it in :D

Congrats on the 3,000 posts BTW! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back