CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
RLWLogo.png

Weather Rules

Well guy's I've just been out for a few laps to check my set-up, and although it is 100% guaranteed for full sun on Friday at HSR, however, there were some showers tonight...:indiff:

But like I say, the forecast is good for Friday, even with the unsettled weather we're having this week :)

:gtpflag:

You were like, 'how is he going faster?! Must be downforce!' I was at max downforce haha :D. Was funny with my car wanting to slam into the wall...

55346_394617240603914_1553521144_o.jpg

RAUH-Welt RWB....Hmmm, one off holiday special anyone? :lol:

This is one hell of a beast to handle!!! Lots of fun around the 'Ring though ;)

Oh dear...they look nasty those clouds over the banked turn, hows that when the rest of the track are bathed in full sun!!!!

I'm sure it will blow over, 3 hours until the race, I'm panicking over nothing ;)

Dont think im gonna make it today. I have to get my son from school right at race time today unfortunately. Good luck guys.

Really enjoyed the race tonight. Not sure what happened at the start, but didnt get a countdown clock, and then everyone went, and I was stuck. Then I went, and race order showed I was in 1st place, although I was last:confused: Had some close laps with Henry, but just couldnt get past him. Think my areo was too strong, as I seemed to get the advantage in the turns, but on the straights he had more pace. Just watching the replay, and that also shows the messed up driver positions. Great racing everyone.👍

Tables updated!

Just had a quick look at the replay....Lap 13 between me and H_enry_T....I was passing him when his car just flips out and reverses into me :eek: I'd put it down to a bit of lag, just lag at the WRONG time :banghead: as you'll see we were nowhere near each other!

Just another 'racing' incident :lol:

I enjoyed the 'test' with 100% wet track! Figured at least everyone would see that after qualifying, the track had dried out quite a bit, so even if you were struggling, as the track dried you could pick up the pace. Hopefully it worked out ok and added some fun into the proceedings :) and gave everyone something to focus on until you could push harder as each lap fell and the track got dryer 👍

What a cracking race guys! congrats to everyone, I had some awesome racing today, and much respect to Dowlin who raced me lap after lap clean and fair 👍, we swapped positions that many times that I lost count! just watching the replay now and it makes great tv!! We ended up slowing each other down a bit though because of the defensive driving... bit scary sometimes with the lag though, got booted up the rear more than once cos of it and sustained damage too!!! :nervous:

Well I'm really pleased with the result, my best and most competitive showing yet :cheers:

Bit gutted I didnt make the podium (I blame that on crashing and spinning on my way into the pits on lap 8 :dopey:), but a bonus is that I got fastest lap, the only person to get into the 1:05's yay!!! :D:cool:

Thanks again all, and looking forward to the "Omnius race highlights" soon! 👍

Tables updated!

Just had a quick look at the replay....Lap 13 between me and H_enry_T....I was passing him when his car just flips out and reverses into me :eek: I'd put it down to a bit of lag, just lag at the WRONG time :banghead: as you'll see we were nowhere near each other!

Just another 'racing' incident :lol:

I enjoyed the 'test' with 100% wet track! Figured at least everyone would see that after qualifying, the track had dried out quite a bit, so even if you were struggling, as the track dried you could pick up the pace. Hopefully it worked out ok and added some fun into the proceedings :) and gave everyone something to focus on until you could push harder as each lap fell and the track got dryer 👍

It must've been lag because from my angle you guys came from behind me all jumpy and I couldn't do a thing to avoid the crash.

We should try full rain with variable weather later this season, I really enjoyed the rain racing :D

Cars were jumping around a few times, especially when VC was used:crazy:. I am going to mute everyone in lobby from next race 💡 I found it distracting :rolleyes:

RH-CHAMP.png

Round 7 - High Speed Ring - Championship Race - 5.10.12

1-14.png

Round 7 gets underway after a delayed start due to some medieval rainfall!

2-16.png

Rain tyres on, Third_Reign leads the field after a bad start from Hillracing.

3-16.png

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

4-16.png

Full concerntration required, full sun, wet track, GLARE!!! :scared:

5-16.png

Geordie139 keeps pace with the leaders...

6-16.png

All H_enry_T can do is follow the spray :sly:

7-15.png

Hillracing runs wide! :ouch:

8-16.png

OmniusALX & Ade3210....into the sun

9-16.png

With the sun like this, it won't be long before the track dries out 👍

10-16.png

Rain tyres or a boat required? :lol:

11-16.png

Third_Reign first into the pits....Inters??? 💡

12-15.png

Geordie139 gives it too much right foot coming off the last turn! :nervous:

13-14.png

Dowlin39 is too close to avoid the snaking NSX of Geordie139...

14-14.png

...off they both go as H_enry_T can capitalise!!!

15-13.png

Now its Jammy_Rex's turn to keep H_enry_T behind :scared:

16-13.png

It's Dowlin39's turn to put down too much power in the wet as Ade3210 looks for the extra place...

17-13.png

...cleanly past as Dowlin39 disappears in a cloud of smoke and spray

18-12.png

There's even a place for OmniusALX as Dowlin39 recovers

19-13.png

OmniusALX - Lights ablaze :D

20-13.png

Even with those treads, Dowlin39 is struggling to hold his NSX straight :scared:

21-13.png

It's all go at the front! All 3 are off!!! :crazy: :ouch: :scared:

22-13.png

Jammy_Rex, H_enry_T & Hillracing get caught out on that last turn! It's not dry enough yet gents :lol:

23-11.png

Surely this will gift Geordie139 P1 ???? :dopey:

24-12.png

Rather him than me! As Geordie139 dives into the clouds of spray and smoke...

25-12.png

...only to come nose to nose with a spinning Hillracing :eek:

25a.png

CONTACT! As Geordie139 clips the corner of his NSX...

25b.png

...sending Hillracing into another spin and Geordie139 down the bank into the barrier :ouch:

26-12.png

A very damaged and dizzy Hillracing! :yuck:

27-12.png

OmniusALX reels in a beat-up Jammy_Rex

28-11.png

With a fast drying track, OmniusALX & Fuelmyfire have to contend with a trio of newly booted NSX's :nervous:

29-11.png

In a scene from an action movie the good guy (H_enry_T) is behing chased down by the bad guys! (Hillracing, Fuelmyfire & OmniusALX) :lol:

30-10.png

OmniusALX gets the slipstream and alerts H_enry_T "...He's coming past"

31-9.png

OmniusALX & H_enry_T

32-9.png

CORE GT the Movie! Coming to cinemas soon...

33-9.png

Back to reality...H_enry_T suffers from rear suspension failure! (Lag)...

34-8.png

...and reverse T-Bone's OmniusALX off the track :crazy:

35-8.png

Trotterlover79 JUST misses OmniusALX as he spins back onto the track :scared:

36-7.png

Midway through, the track is well under 50% wet now, as Geordie139 closes on OmniusALX

37-8.png

The drying track is still catching drivers out as Fuelmyfire snaps into the barrier as Jammy_Rex looks to take the place...

38-7.png

Fuelmyfire...on fire! :ouch:

39-7.png

Geordie139 takes his pit entrance way too fast and chews up the grass :scared:

40-7.png

The battle to end all battles! Jammy_Rex & Dowlin39, on a dry track swap place lap after lap!...

41-7.png

...Nothing can seperate them! 👍​

42-7.png

Too high! Too High! OmniusALX runs onto the curb and is spat back down the bank...

43-7.png

Arieracer decides to stay high....

44-7.png

OmniusALX keeps his NSX in the middle as Arieracers passes without incident :)

45-7.png

This looks like the end to any big points for OmniusALX this week :indiff:

46-6.png

Last few laps see a 3-way battle develop with Dowlin39, H_enry_T and Jammy_Rex

47-5.png

...Unfortunately for Dowlin39, his NSX bottoms out...

48-5.png

...throwing him into a race ending spin! :ouch:

49-4.png

Hillracing shows his race craft once again, come rain or shine! Well done 👍👍👍

50-4.png

It just goes to show, the close finishes are not just reserved for P1! As H_enry_T & Ade3210 take the battle for 7th down to the wire!!! :D

Last edited:
After the RLW post I realized for the first time that HSR has a weather option, so during my personal practice i decided to test on two setups for heavy rain 100% wet and full dry. The wet setup had a 50-50 weight balance, softer dampers and ARB, more DF all together tuned a bit for understeer.

As Omnius said no rain 100%wet on raceday I decided to average my dry and heavy wet setup suspension wise with min DF. Qualification got me 2nd place run quite early on rain tyres. Towards the end I decided to start the race with Intermediates. This plan was cut short thanks to the race start timer, 10 secs more would have been all I needed... So off I went with heavy wet boots.

The rain tyres got me off to a great start, as I was able to put some meters between my followers and had a spray free line of sight. Geordie and Dowlin where giving me a good run and slowly creeping up on me, never enough for them to pass me. At 55% Water on track (lap 4) I decided its time to get the quicker compound, so I went in first to get new intermediate rubber. My replay shows that after this, almost all of the leading guys spun some way or another. The decision seemed to pay off even more, as I was running a good second faster than the rest of the field. The fun-factor was also really high because i had to plow through the filed back up top. On lap 17 I decided that at 20% water it is time to get rid of profiled tyres. As the track dried up my setup started to show its hybrid design. The pace couldn't quite live up to the times that Geordie and Hill posted. Tyres also seemed to be eaten a bit quick. A spin-out while trying to avoid trotter and the following collision with arieracer also ate quite a chunk of tyre lifetime. As my laptimes dropped I decided for a new set of hards at lap 39, I probably should have stayed on the old tyres in hindsight.

All in all, this race mode was quite fun, the no rain drying track is something we should definitely always go for on tracks where it is possible. My only complaint is that it dried off a bit too fast, as i was quickest man on track while there was more than 20% water. The new DF change also made it quite interesting, Dowlin and Hill where creeping up on me during the turns, but on the straight I could manage the lead. I assume both had higher DF values than my min/min set up.

Brilliant report Third! 👍

This is what I hope for when setting up a season, throwing in a race with some 'variables'

It's only a shame you cannot rely more on the changeable weather option, in my experience it always starts raining too soon and you end up with a wet race, where I'd like to see it really start getting wet towards the end to add a bit of drama without the race descending into farce :crazy:

Having said that, the 100% wet didn't really cause us any major probs (it could have been the track layout also?) I remember once at the Nordschleife we had to abandon a race when it got to 60% wet, but that was before the updated DF and tyre tweeks, so prehaps it IS possible to race in varying weather conditions just like the pros! 👍 💡

RLWLogo.png

An 'early' heads-up for the 9th November....our last Endurance race in the NSX RM of the season, and since everyone seemed to enjoy our HSR event, we'll let nature decide how we'll attack Spa 👍

I will post this link nearer to the date, but for now, this is what to expect :D

For the Club racing, I have to pick a Standard car and stick with it for every race ( not just the reverse grid but also upcoming races) or its allowed change cars of same pp?

Nope, what you pick is your car for the Season :) No changes, you are allowed to tune it differently each race (within the 455pp limit)

ok time for the big reveal :D

Sexy German Beast :dopey:

xofluc.jpg

Kidding :D its actually the other German car. Stunning BMW M3 GTR '03 :drool::sly:

2q3b3ud.jpg

Back