CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Cool.. :) Acura NSX 04 291HP 1430KG Matte Black with Green wheels 👍

Edit, I might change the power and weight.. Will confirm the final specs later 👍

Last edited:
ClubCarsR8.png

What an interesting race that was. I felt like I threw away 2 wins today. Had a great battle for the lead in the first race then I dropped wheels in 1 and spun. :banghead: Then the second race I had a strategy that would have put me out in the lead by 5 or so seconds maybe more except Dowlin pitted one lap later and copied my strategy. :grumpy: My strategy was to pit early and let everyone else battle while I was going flat out the whole race. Then while working my way through the field I got held up by a battle I encountered along the way which kinda messed up my strategy. Sorry if I was a bit forceful coming through but that was the only chance I had at making it work. Then of course I spun in turn 1 again.:banghead: Happy to end up with 2 3rds after all. Looks like Dowlin and I will be tied for the lead with 1 to go. Sadly I won't make the last one because I'll be flying home:D:grumpy::confused: See you next week.

Great racing, really enjoyed it. Some good close battles going on in both races. Had some close battles with Geordie, Jammy, Airy and Third. Was lucky to be gifted a couple of places in race 2 when Geordie got into a bit of a wobbly just near the first tunnel. I forget who else was involved, but it put me into 3rd place until I pitted, and then Dowlin and Hills pit strategy paid off. Great racing gents, and well done to Dan for his 2 wins.:gtpflag:

Edit...
Geordie got into a wobbly with Henry on lap 5 just before the 1st tunnel. Henry appeared to have contact with geordie which led to the loss of control. Geordie came back in front of Henry, and I manged to get past clean.

Last edited:
Nice positioning for the video Ade 👍

Looks like a simple racing incident as far as I'm concerned :)

I was just behind ADE, Got mixed in all that smoke and mayhem :crazy:. That's why I self reported. I don't take racing too seriously, Its good fun to race in any position. Try to run few laps with Omin by the end, But his car had other ideas :lol: From what i could see turn 1 and MR renault v6 are not best of friends :D

May be some car dripped oil on the track. I checked my car its clean :D Its not the M3 :sly:

This was my best race in Core GT so far. Choice of cars made it so much fun, thanks for hosting Omni. Now I feel like I can tame the SC cup elise :D

Last edited:
GTP_ADE
Great racing, really enjoyed it. Some good close battles going on in both races. Had some close battles with Geordie, Jammy, Airy and Third. Was lucky to be gifted a couple of places in race 2 when Geordie got into a bit of a wobbly just near the first tunnel. I forget who else was involved, but it put me into 3rd place until I pitted, and then Dowlin and Hills pit strategy paid off. Great racing gents, and well done to Dan for his 2 wins.:gtpflag:

Edit...
Geordie got into a wobbly with Henry on lap 5 just before the 1st tunnel. Henry appeared to have contact with geordie which led to the loss of control. Geordie came back in front of Henry, and I manged to get past clean.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXsdhXRUlwk">YouTube Link</a>

Indeed I enjoyed those battles this eve. In race one it was me on the penultimate lap, I out braked myself and lost 2 positions which was pretty frustrating having held 6th for quite a while, one of them was to you Ade.

In race 2 I witnessed the incident in the YouTube clip from behind, was following arieracer at the time (good race mate, you had good pace in this event) , was blind faith going through all that smoke. My own race was wrecked when I got nudged off by hill racing who was in his own race battle trying to not lose time in my own battle with Henry T, but I was punted from behind and spun round as a result and my midfield battle with Ade and Geordie then went out the window. I know it's difficult when faster drivers are trying to come through on different strategies but we are racing on the same track and for position at the end of the day, it's not as if we are being lapped.

Really enjoyed reeling back in Henry t at the end and we had fun swapping positions over the last couple of laps.

Poor Omnius really looked to be struggling in his clio tonight, that car with its short wheelbase and engine position is a tricky beast to tame!

Here's a video capturing some of the action from race 2 lastnight :)

Watch in HD 👍

Love it! 👍 Thanks for posting. Particularly like that lurid sideways slide I have in the youtube clip thumbnail, which happened on lap 2 I think...

You missed the huge collision you had with me on lap 10 when you came out of the pits and hillracing had nudged me off. I was struggling in a cloud of smoke having lost it on the grass out of the mini tunnel and boom you appear out of the smoke and knock me flying! :scared:

In fact I had two huge collisions, one on lap 5 and another on lap 10 :nervous:; my NSX was looking in an extremely sorry state come the end of the race with not a straight panel on it! :crazy:

Really enjoyed the racing on that track, the classic circuits are often the best!!! 👍

Love it! 👍 Thanks for posting.

:cheers:

You missed the huge collision you had with me on lap 10 when you came out of the pits and hillracing had nudged me off. I was struggling in a cloud of smoke having lost it on the grass out of the mini tunnel and boom you appear out of the smoke and knock me flying! :scared:

I will have to have a look at that.. I don't remember right now.. :dopey: In race 2?

Really enjoyed the racing on that track, the classic circuits are often the best!!! 👍

👍

:cheers:

I will have to have a look at that.. I don't remember right now.. :dopey: In race 2?

👍

Yeah in race 2! Pretty sure it was lap 10 on the lap that you came out of the pits... after the 2nd mini-tunnel...

Apologies if I have got the wrong person, but seem to remember it being one of the other NSXs and a dark coloured car... dont think it really slowed you down too much, but the way it sent me flying was kinda funny! :ouch::D

Really enjoyed watching the replays, forgot how fun to drive that track is! :)

Hyper-Dan
Here's a video capturing some of the action from race 2 lastnight :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YvRDuxdrn4">YouTube Link</a>

Watch in HD 👍

Cheers Dan 👍 :)

Great video Dan. 👍👍👍 After a full view of the replay of race 2 I didnt realise the carnage that followed after the lap 5 tunnel incident. After I narrowly missed Geordie in my previous video, it seems that Jammy and Airieracer fared the worst. Here is another short replay of the incident from Airies BMW. Sorry for the wobbly camera.

Last edited:
'This video is private' Ade ;)

Edit, Whoaaaaa BIG crash :scared: Glad to not get tangled in that one :)

Last edited:
GTP_ADE
Great video Dan. 👍👍👍 After a full view of the replay of race 2 I didnt realise the carnage that followed after the lap 5 tunnel incident. After I narrowly missed Geordie in my previous video, it seems that Jammy and Airieracer fared the worst. Here is another short replay of the incident from Airies BMW. Sorry for the wobbly camera.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhwh67GuGds">YouTube Link</a>

Ouch! That brings it all back to me! Lol Ade you didn't realise the carnage that was unfolding behind you! I thought I'd found a way through but then realised I had nowhere to go and SLAM! My poor NSX was VERY battered by the end of the race!

Look like I've got a few good photo opportunities from both Heats! 👍

As always, highlights coming, hopefully? Some time before the SC :)

Hyper-Dan
Looking forward to the pics.. 👍

👍 me too, really enjoyed both races. Even if I did take a few minutes to stop sulking after throwing away at least one victory :lol: The Championship will be really tight from here on. Cant wait to see the tables either.

The tables were updated on Friday night Dowlin :lol:

It's going to be a close finish this season I think! :eek:

Update >>>

Season.

Geordie139 - 1st - 23 pt lead - 204 pts to play for (with Pole Position points inc.)

Championship.

Third_Regin - 1st - 2 pt lead - 66 pts to play for (with Pole Position points inc.)

Club.

Dowlin39 - Joint 1st with Hillracing - 33 pts to play for (with Pole Position points inc.)
R10 is the decider!

Endurance.

Geordie139 - 1st - 3 pt lead - 105 pts to play for.

Last edited:
The Highlights are looking to be taking a tad bit longer than I'd hoped for, but don't worry, they will be on here today!

Off topic while we wait, I've said may time before how I don't really follow F1 anymore, 2 reasons.......this picture sums it up why really!

sennamansell19921.jpg

I just don't know if we'll ever see anything like this again ??? :indiff:

OmniusGT
The Highlights are looking to be taking a tad bit longer than I'd hoped for, but don't worry, they will be on here today!

Off topic while we wait, I've said may time before how I don't really follow F1 anymore, 2 reasons.......this picture sums it up why really!

I just don't know if we'll ever see anything like this again ??? :indiff:

Ahhhh Monaco 1992, the classic end of race duel between Mansell and Senna. Those were truly the days and I feel privileged to have seen these racers for real when I was younger. Donington 1993 was a particular favourite witnessing the most amazing first lap ever driven by an F1 driver ( Senna).

Awesome, it was a golden era...

Back