CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
KingBestJr
Still feel bad for omnius i just gave a love tap and was on the brakes and trying to turn to race line to avoid tapping him but unfortunately i did. I apologize was definetly my fault. I even stopped in chicane and waited for basically everyone to pass me lol.

It happens, just adds to the fabric of the season :)

I did wonder where you went while watching the replay/creating the highlights :lol:

OmniusGT
I will now update the rules regarding pitstops - and to keep it simple, no pitting at the end of lap 1 and no pitting at the end of the penultimate lap or at the end of the last lap.

Just for clarification really please Omnius - is the above rule brought in after the first round of the club races around pitstops still in place?

I think it needs reiterating, maybe as a reminder near the start of the race as it's only fair that everyone sticks to it...

Last edited:
Just had a quick couple of laps at Dunmoor GP with the pad (offline), just to learn the track. Its a great track, with some real nice turns. 1:26.999 with the pad, so should see a bit come off with the wheel, online.

1:29.454 (Offline)

Remember - Race time is 16:30 with 25% weather at race start, Change set to 0 with a dry track.

NO RLW this time :sly:

Ahhhh.... breath in the crisp Northumberland air! :lol:

OmniusGT
Well this is it... We park our Club Cars for the next 3 weeks, its all about our NSX RM :)

This week - Dunmoor GP (custom track)

Have we raced here before omnius? It sounds familiar.I hope so as I'm working late all week so no practice for me again. :(:(

GT Flaw
Have we raced here before omnius? It sounds familiar.I hope so as I'm working late all week so no practice for me again. :(:(

Im fairly sure we raced the Evoras there in Season 3.

Yup! Keeping the custom tracks to the 'best' one's from each season to create a familiar custom track feel so everyone gets used to them just like we are with the standard tracks in GT5, that way using custom tracks doesn't put people off. Think of them as signature tracks that give the CORE GT series it's identity :) The Northumberland Park Series 👍

Hi guys... Just after some advice really to help a relatively inexperienced online racer-(me!) ...

What sort of camber / toe settings are ideal for the NSX RM? The setups online point to camber of between 2 and 3.5 but the tyres wear really quickly! This seems quite high to me but maybe that is just my lack of experience with race models... Just trying to balance grip with tyre wear but too aggressive on the front and they wear out superfast! Just been driving around monza and my best lap time of about 1.52.9 (online) but my front tyres were shot after about 8 laps! Any pointers would be much appreciated! I know it's not the circuit we are racing on tomorrow but I'm just trying to build on my limited information /experience gained from the first round at monza. :-) thanks!

I'm running close to the stock camber and have no trouble keeping the tyres around long enough. I always run really low brake balance settings, stopping power isn't sacrificed too much and tyres last much longer. Toe also seems to kill my tyres rather quick, so i try to keep those between -.1 and .1, I only touch toe as a last resort for my tunes to keep the car in line or kill some understeer.

Some nice tips there Third! 👍

So, what do we all make of the new update!? I'm a sucker for *any* GT5 content, so I'll be adding the 3 cars ASAP :lol:

Looking at the new Honda GT500 car, I might just make that my season 6 championship car :sly: 👍 👍 👍

Looking forward at the 'fix' for us clutch users! Always felt as if it was too slow, that it didn't recognise the input if you were too fast a changer :indiff:

As for the other changes, what's your take on them....????

Hi

I am new to GTP, Looking to join in few racing clubs/ series. Been racing on GT5 for few years now, mostly finish middle of the pack in online racing.

I would like to join for 21 sep race if there empty slot available, I will use my GB PSN ID " Arieracer"

Many thanks

Hi

I am new to GTP, Looking to join in few racing clubs/ series. Been racing on GT5 for few years now, mostly finish middle of the pack in online racing.

I would like to join for 21 sep race if there empty slot available, I will use my GB PSN ID " Arieracer"

Many thanks

There is one space left!!!! Consider it your's 👍

I'll send you an FR....welcome to the CORE! :D

[EDIT]..... If you can, post on here what number you'll be racing (check the leaderboard for conflicts) and the colour of your NSX, body and wheels :cheers:

Last edited:
thanks, I will download Dunmoor track and start practicing. Quick question all tuning and upgrade parts allowed like engine upgrades? also what are the driving aid allowed.

Like the mandatory pit, going to be fun no matter where i finish ( edit)

do i need to pick a unique car color and number? ( edit : ok)

Last edited:
Thanks, I will familiarize with the rules 👍

Don't be too intimidated by everyone on Friday, we are a friendly bunch, and I've been running the CORE GT Series for over 1 year now, we have the die-hard regulars that have been here since the first season, and across the seasons have had new drivers join and leave. This season has to rank as my favourite (season 3 was a good one too!)

One thing to be aware of, there is a nice spread of 'skill' across the grid, so don't worry if you are off the pace in your first race, its really all about having fun and being apart of the season. We all race clean and if an accident should happen, all we ask is just allow who you've had the accident with to rejoin the track. There is plenty of time to get back into it, plus don't forget your mandatory pitstop - anytime you wish (or as soon as you need fresh rubber) as long as you don't pit at the end of lap 1 or the end of the second last or last lap you'll be fine.

Some of us use mics, but if we have more than 12 on the grid, we mute our mics for the race (you can leave them on during qualifying)

One last piece of advice, if you are being lapped, and you can see it's a race leader, please don't 'race' them, just let them past at the next safest point on the track. 👍

I think I've covered everything, I hope you have an enjoyable race with us all, and I look forward to seeing you in the highlight photos!!! :D

Fortunately there is no RLW used this Friday, so it will be set as follows - In Game race time = 16:30, Weather at 25% with 0 change, and a dry track 👍

Got the track and did a few laps on default settings, very nice track OmniusGT. I just need to watch out for the jump :). This car is fun to drive, saw previous race video and picture, very nice indeed.

Hi ADE, looking forward to racing with you all :) :cheers:

Back