◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Do Tokyo R246 Reverse in the Ferrari F10 '10 seasonal event with 200% and less than 840pp, you'll get 1,600,000+ in 12 minutes.
I have not done that one. Nice thing about the B spec though is you can do other things:)

...and a comment to AP1. Hey man, give this league a chance. As you can already see, the respect, and cordial tone here is very high. I believe 90% of the drivers here want to get better and want others to improve too. They respect and honor racing, as I am very sure you do too. Keep communication lines open. I'm sure you will be glad you stayed.

And to those calling out AP1, be sure to have video to justify. Personaly, I never argued much for my penalties and probation, b/c I didn't know how to save replays (thanks Apmaddock). Now I can watch, learn, and if needed, defend. Keep the constructive criticism CONSTRUCTIVE.

Just my $ .02 from an outside perspective.

...and a comment to AP1. Hey man, give this league a chance. As you can already see, the respect, and cordial tone here is very high. I believe 90% of the drivers here want to get better and want others to improve too. They respect and honor racing, as I am very sure you do too. Keep communication lines open. I'm sure you will be glad you stayed.

Well said, Coach. 👍

And to those calling out AP1, be sure to have video to justify. Personaly, I never argued much for my penalties and probation, b/c I didn't know how to save replays (thanks Apmaddock). Now I can watch, learn, and if needed, defend. Keep the constructive criticism CONSTRUCTIVE.

If I may please clarify the part about the having video to justify. What Coach is saying is that it's important review the video replay from all perspectives before passing judgment on what you think happened in the heat of the moment. What Coach is not saying is to justify what you are saying by posting the video publicly here on the thread. That happened once before and it was proven later that the accused driver couldn't even see the "victim" on the track.

Who know if that's what happened here, but the best way to find out is by following a process similar to this. I realize that this incident happened in STaTS and not S.N.A.I.L. but the process should remain the same. Most notably this part:

In case the procedure regarding race incidents is not followed and the driver decides to discuss the racing incident in public here on the S.N.A.I.L. forum, the driver may be given a warning or an infraction (in case of repetition or blunt accusations) by one of the S.N.A.I.L. admins.

Simply put, nothing good ever comes out of publicly ridiculing someone. These matters are best resolved in private, or with the assistance of a steward. Keeping the conversation private will give it a better chance of being constructive instead of being impeded by hurt pride and negative emotions.

Last edited:
If I may please clarify the part about the having video to justify. What Coach is saying is that it's important review the video replay from all perspectives before passing judgment on what you think happened in the heat of the moment. What Coach is not saying is to justify what you are saying by posting the video publicly here on the thread. That happened once before and it was proven later that the accused driver couldn't even see the "victim" on the track.

Who know if that's what happened here, but the best way to find out is by following a process similar to this. I realize that this incident happened in STaTS and not S.N.A.I.L. but the process should remain the same. Most notably this part:

In case the procedure regarding race incidents is not followed and the driver decides to discuss the racing incident in public here on the S.N.A.I.L. forum, the driver may be given a warning or an infraction (in case of repetition or blunt accusations) by one of the S.N.A.I.L. admins.

Simply put, nothing good ever comes out of publicly ridiculing someone. These matters are best resolved in private, or with the assistance of a steward. Keeping the conversation private will give it a better chance of being constructive instead of being impeded by hurt pride and negative emotions.

I had hoped that someone would have filed a complaint about the first and last race Tuesday night (unless someone did and nothing was mentioned about it), but I haven't been near my PS3 since Tuesday night, so I couldn't review the replay to get times etc. I also believe that when a driver twice takes other cars off the road, whether it's intentional or accidental, and does not concede either position, that driver receives the amount of courtesy here as they've shown on-track.

I would like to join. Just tell me what I need to do to qualify for Sunday.

Hey UphighDownlow,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Follow the directions below and you'll be racing Sunday :)

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Luv2Coach

I think the name calling should be off limits... Keep it professional!

As an added note: at least for me and I think the majority of SNAIL from what ive seen... I cannot expect to swing the whole width of the track when there are a total of 4 cars drifting each other and at some point we were 3 wide as we passed the start finish line. I did review the replay and that is what I saw.

Ever since joining SNAIL my race craft has improved dramatically and i am just starting to scratch the surface. Thanks to all those SNAILIEnS that constantly provide tips, mentoring and advice! Kudos to you all!

The camaraderie is one of the best things @ SNAIL! And the reason lobby racing is a thing of the past for me.

I had hoped that someone would have filed a complaint about the first and last race Tuesday night (unless someone did and nothing was mentioned about it), but I haven't been near my PS3 since Tuesday night, so I couldn't review the replay to get times etc. I also believe that when a driver twice takes other cars off the road, whether it's intentional or accidental, and does not concede either position, that driver receives the amount of courtesy here as they've shown on-track.

I don't really race that series consistently AND I had no idea there was a complaint system in place for it as well. So I didn't save replays or anything. But now I know....and knowing is half the battle! Gooooo Joooooeeee!

I second that!

I think the name calling should be off limits... Keep it professional!

As an added note: at least for me and I think the majority of SNAIL from what ive seen... I cannot expect to swing the whole width of the track when there are a total of 4 cars drifting each other and at some point we were 3 wide as we passed the start finish line. I did review the replay and that is what I saw.

Ever since joining SNAIL my race craft has improved dramatically and i am just starting to scratch the surface. Thanks to all those SNAILIEnS that constantly provide tips, mentoring and advice! Kudos to you all!

The camaraderie is one of the best things @ SNAIL! And the reason lobby racing is a thing of the past for me.

And This:)

Do Tokyo R246 Reverse in the Ferrari F10 '10 seasonal event with 200% and less than 840pp, you'll get 1,600,000+ in 12 minutes.

Theres also my way the FF seasonal with a 335PP Honda Accord Euro R '00 at Cape Ring, (Stock weight full 200kg ballast (@+50) PL'ed to 335PP) with it I can easily win on the 4th lap and earn around 1.55 mil in just over 10 minutes :D.

If anyone wants to try it I can post my setup too :).

Edit: P.S Your method may work for some but I hate/suck at driving F1s.. :lol: BTCC and Fwds are my thing :sly:.

Last edited:
Theres also my way the FF seasonal with a 335PP Honda Accord Euro R '00 at Cape Ring, (Stock weight full 200kg ballast (@+50) PL'ed to 335PP) with it I can easily win on the 4th lap and earn around 1.55 mil in just over 10 minutes :D.

If anyone wants to try it I can post my setup too :).

Edit: P.S Your method may work for some but I hate/suck at driving F1s.. :lol: BTCC and Fwds are my thing :sly:.

If you want to practice it, drive the F10 agressively and use left foot braking all the time, you'll get much better in small time.

edit: With no tuning (871pp) you should be able to run 1:15
With 840 pp or less you should do 1:16 per lap

Thank you both very much for your thoughts on the issue. 👍👍

I admit to feeling like I was and am still being "called out" in a fully inappropriate manner, but I'm content to drop the subject and get back to racing. I don't expect there will be any resolution to my concern, especially since I'm the new guy here, but for now I'll tighten up the racing on my end and see how things progress.

Thank you both very much for your thoughts on the issue. 👍👍

I admit to feeling like I was and am still being "called out" in a fully inappropriate manner, but I'm content to drop the subject and get back to racing. I don't expect there will be any resolution to my concern, especially since I'm the new guy here, but for now I'll tighten up the racing on my end and see how things progress.

I am glad you are going to give us a bit more of a go. I will admit when I have been in open rooms I am sometimes quick to make assumptions when racing drivers I do not know and this might not always be fair. I have no idea about the night involved as I was not there but generally speaking we are a bunch that just loves clean close racing.

I hope you get to enjoy S.N.A.I.L. at our best.

A bit short notice, but if you want to do some endurance racing tonight, I'll be having a Hybrid TC challenge in D2 tonight! We'll be doing Fuji F tonight!

zeromisfit999
Ah I'm done, gonna race a bit now

Sorry I missed you last night. I will likely be on again later tonight ( after a few too many seeing as I bought three new whiskies). Say 1:00 est. you likely to be drinking and (sim)driving by then?

quite possibly haha, just getting on now, not so much on the drinking though, taking my anti-anxiety meds is good enough tonight haha

Edit: if anyone is still up i'm racing around.

Last edited:
I committed to helping a friend lay tile in his dad's house tomorrow so I may or may not make it in time for Sunday. He wants a pattern that will take about 1/3 custom cut pieces so it should be a long day. Maybe I'll injure myself early so I can go home and recover.

Practicing in D1 for a bit.

Ran a 2:02 best but pretty sure I have more time to gain. Was running consistently in the low 2:02s which I am happy with.

Last edited:
Sunday Post Race Fun. I will be around after the races on Sunday as usual. If any one missed the main event or would just like a few more laps Head to D1 (or I might post a room number). If we get a few people who want to run the combos we will do that.

If people just want to have fun I was thinking about the following:

1. I have a custom track that I think should be fun with some Ruf's.
2. A 2 lap low PP race on the Nurb perhaps the Suzuki Swift

Other than that the idea is to just have some more fun so any suggestions are welcome.

I hope to see a few of you there and good luck to everyone in Sundays Races!

Back