GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
It wasn't much they did have a mclaren piston though so tempted to get it

819A5959-85A2-4FC8-B287-FFFCCF13EB1F-916-000000ACA2B994A9.jpg

125GBP eh... I have a front wing end-plate from Michael Shumacher's '97 F310B car with the Telefonica sticker signed by both Ross Brawn and Schumy. Not sure which race the end-plate was used in but it does have scratches on the base from scraping curbs. Any idea what the value might be? Just a ball-park figure. I'm not interested in selling it as it was a 21st birthday gift, I'm just interested to know.

End-plate looks like the one in this photo...

5227055_4_l.jpg

Is that a FPV in Flame Red that I spy?! :eek:

Hand it over buddy! But nice car though. 👍
It is Venom Red ;)

Ford_FPV_GT-04.jpg

Ford_FPV_GT-03.jpg

Model was made by Classic Carlectables, my only model from them. I at least need one Biante model though, as Aussies are seriously under-represented in my collection lol...

:0 those aussies are awesome! specially the last GT351 on Minilites. Cool.

Now for something completely different than the stuff that's always posted here.

I was walking the usual flea market when these popped up at one stand. I could not believe my freaking eyes. Even less so when I pick up the box and discover it's sealed. I reluctantly paid the more or less $45 bucks for these pieces of mexican history and headed home.
IMG_4180.jpg

These things are a deluxe (there were cheaper versions) set of F1 cars made by Juguetes McGregor in Mexico under the license of Politoys Italy. Possible year, as some friends that had them back in the day have led me to believe, is 1975.
IMG_4181.jpg

These things are hard enough to find even in made-in-Italy form, but the made in Mexico stuff is incredibly, excruciatingly rare. You can see the "Hecho en Mexico por McGregor S.A." sign and the awesome "box art" in here:
IMG_4182.jpg

I... could not resist, and broke the red tape that had been sealing these cars in their original box for almost 45 years. The sensation was a mix of "what the hell am I doing" and "OMFG HELL YES".
IMG_4183.jpg

You can see here the foam protection under these cars, cira 1975-original.
IMG_4184.jpg

And now for individual pics. Take into account that these were toy cars, and were freaking made in Mexico, that means typical poor quality that was a constant in Mexico-made stuff back in the day. 45 year-old stickers were, amazingly, still affixed to the bodys.
IMG_4185.jpg

The undercarriage with the tell-tale "Hecho en México" seal. This is suposedly a Lola. I have never searched for the real cars to see if they are true to them.
IMG_4187.jpg

When taking the pics, I had to be really careful when manipulating the cars because of the stickers, which as you can se, were barely holding on.
IMG_4188.jpg

In this next picture, we can see a problem present in two of the cars; look closely at that rear wheel and see how the plastic of the wheel has weirdly "bubbled". A friend told me he had seen that in other vintage cars, aparently it's a chemical reaction of the type of plastic used that happens when it stays in touch for a long time with the rubber of the tires. Awesome.
IMG_4190.jpg

From cool to omfg no: Gulf decals next to a footprint :lol:
IMG_4193.jpg

This one is the other car that presents the chemical reaction, albeit in a much smaller proportion. My favorite part of the car, however...
IMG_4195.jpg

Is the sticker. Just look at that.
IMG_4197.jpg

Obviously, these cars have a very high value. From what I've searched in the internet and with other people, I'm easily looking at about 500-600 bucks, maybe more, due to their rarity and absolutely original, mint condition, and the fact that they are made in Mexico and not italian. They are also a reminder and a testimony of the burgeoning toy industry in Mexico that all but diasppeared in the late 80s. Of course, I'll never part with them, they are too much of a piece of history to let them go :crazy:

The sensation was a mix of "what the hell am I doing" and "OMFG HELL YES".

Sounds virginal. But I guess I would have busted that box, too.

Of course, I'll never part with them, they are too much of a piece of history to let them go :crazy:

Absolutely. This is what collecting is all about. Great find, Cano. :) 👍

And a few others...

*IMG's*

Awesome stuff. Especially Pete Geoghegan's Super Falcon. 👍

Needs more Holden's though. :P
That's a really cool find! love it when there's a story behind something, like that. Thanks for sharing. 👍

This. Such an incredible find Cano. I can just imagine your reaction when you came across them. :lol: Thanks for the pictures. 👍

Venom800tt
It is Venom Red ;)

Model was made by Classic Carlectables, my only model from them. I at least need one Biante model though, as Aussies are seriously under-represented in my collection lol...

Nice! Need one of those in my model car collection.

I know right :lol:? I'm seriously need to find Aussies, JDMs and Euro cars for all of my scales ranging from 1:64-1:18.

Holdenhsvgtsr
I do have to admit though I have one too...

And a few others...

Nice!!! 👍

Antonisbob
That's a really cool find! love it when there's a story behind something, like that. Thanks for sharing. 👍

This. Cano, you hit the Fountain of Youth with these cars, especially any scale car with "Made in Mexico" is a rarity and a classic :eek:! I wouldn't want to sell them if I had them, unless someone offers $1 million, and that's never going to happen soon.

Venom800tt
I like black

Black Edition Series. ;)

My collection is mostly US and Euro, though I am increasing my Japanese side of things. And as I said before, I need more Aussies lol

Anyway a better pic of the AUTOart R34 I did a wheel swap on, the AUTOart Diablo VT Roadster, and my GMP Camaro Unleashed:

Skyline_R34_GT-R-00.jpg

Diablo_VT_Roadster-00.jpg

Camaro_Unleashed-00.jpg

*EDIT*
Pic of my two black Lambos together :P

Black_Lambo-00c.jpg

Last edited:
@ Cano - nice find!

@ Venom - nice background and some thought put in to these pics. Is your TV on again in pic 2&3, the blue reflection....

I just received replicas (well near enough) of my first four cars. Didn't expect to get hold of a Mk I Golf (and in the right colour too) but lo and behold NOREV produced one.

Photographs to follow.

@ Cano - nice find!

@ Venom - nice background and some thought put in to these pics. Is your TV on again in pic 2&3, the blue reflection....

I just received replicas (well near enough) of my first four cars. Didn't expect to get hold of a Mk I Golf (and in the right colour too) but lo and behold NOREV produced one.

Photographs to follow.

lol, combination of tv being on and my florescent lights, which have a slight blue tint. My tv is never off unless I am sleep or at work :P

And I wouldn't mind a Mk I Golf, though only if I can find some old school 15" or 16" BBS wheels to put on it...
Can't wait to see pics of your new additions :)

My first car, not a GTI though as pictured below but a base model Golf and second hand too.

This is a 1:18 made by NOREV, meh quality - the bonnet (hood) doesn't quite close. Normally I wouldn't buy it but it has a sentimental value. At least the colour is correct :D

picture.php

picture.php

That MKI GTI looks awesome. 👍

Went to a flea market that I've never been to before that's less than half an hour away from my town. Nothing really interesting on the inside, but outside there was one vendor who had an entire shipping on container full of scale models and diecasts! Only problem was that it was so full that there was barely any room for me to look around. And too many to count. But after looking around what I could, I couldn't help but want the 1:18 Maisto BMW 850i. I used to have one as a kid, but destroyed it. So in redemption, I decided I'd buy another one. Although this one's blue and the one I had before was maroon. Will definitely be going back there for more!
IMG_0643_zps278c47f6.jpg

Which manufacturers are the good ones? Or well, to put it differently, which ones need I stay away from? Where do you guys usually look for your diecast models, online websites?

Reason I'm asking is because I'd really like a 90's Le Mans racer. Something nostalgic like the '96 TWR Joest Racing Porsche, Toyota 94 CV, an LMP2 class car, the Mercedes CLR, the BMW V12 LMR, Toyota TS020, Viper GTS. You catch my drift. I'm not really sure what the best places to look are.

I've found this beautiful model, made by Spark:

Joest_porsche_97_118.jpg

But I have no knowledge on any of the diecast manufacturers, and this particular model costs a whopping 250 USD...

^ Excellent: Exoto, CMC, AutoArt, Kyosho, Spark, BBR, Minichamps, Hotwheels Super Elite & Hotwheels Elite.

You pay for quality :sly:

Venom800tt
My collection is mostly US and Euro, though I am increasing my Japanese side of things. And as I said before, I need more Aussies lol

Anyway a better pic of the AUTOart R34 I did a wheel swap on, the AUTOart Diablo VT Roadster, and my GMP Camaro Unleashed:

*EDIT*
Pic of my two black Lambos together :P

Man, I'm liking the R34 and the Lambo the most.

And that '68 Camaro looks similar to your modified Challenger RT, I know it's not customized like the Mopar, but it has that feel to it though.

AMG.
My first car, not a GTI though as pictured below but a base model Golf and second hand too.

This is a 1:18 made by NOREV, meh quality - the bonnet (hood) doesn't quite close. Normally I wouldn't buy it but it has a sentimental value. At least the colour is correct :D

Nice car AMG, really love the red paint on the MK1. 👍

Cano
Thanks everyone for all the comments on my plastic stuff lol 👍

RFGIUBNGJKVRFYRFBHGKJB!!! Did you also customize this, or did it come from GMP that way? MOAR PICS GOT DAMMIT!!!

No problem Cano, and besides, you always find something unique in the scale model car world that makes everyone want it so bad. ;)👍

AMG.

Now, I think I gonna begin customizing model cars now! :eek:

@Medigo: Nice Bimmer dude. 👍

Back