GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
I saw a similar (or maybe same) Miura - same size, colour, platform, etc - at an AUTOart dealer - and asked him what make it was - he took it out of the showcase, spent many minutes poring over it only to tell me embarrassedly that he didn't know the manufacturer. There was a half-price sale on - and the regular retail was $70.00 - but I skipped it to my eternal regret. Would have been just $35.00 - enough money for a couple of days gas in my real car.

Seems like this is a mystery Miura! Shame you didn't pick it up. It was in the museum's gift shop, exatcly like that, no box, no nothing, just a Miura on a stand and a price tag. There were a few other cars as well, and I can't remember for the life of me what they were. I think there were a few Ferraris and perhaps a Porsche, but the Miura caught my eye first. I just had to get it with it being my favourite Lamborghini! :P
photonrider
Checked out your album - super cars in there, girl, some real gems - plus I see you're enjoying your photography big time! :) 👍 No distractions there, heh heh.. . . .

Thank you! Yeah, it was nice to get my camera out again. I haven't used it nearly as much as I've wanted to since getting it for my birthday last year, the weather just doesn't want to let me go outside! Those photos I posted at the beginning of the year were just a one off! :lol: Guiltily, I did get distracted even taking those photos. As you can probably see, some of them have quite good lighting, whereas others are a lot darker. The lighter ones were taken when the natural light was quite bright, and then suddenly my photos become dark as I've wandered off somewhere and then come back once the sun has nearly set.
Good effort at photographing these. If I may give you a tip, they're all underexposed. They need at least 1 stop of over exposure and if you can get them away further from the background it will hopefully fade away and be less recognisable as a (non-ironed ;sly;) bed sheet. Give it a try.

Yes, I agree with you. I wanted to use the natural light, as I hate taking photos like that under artificial light, but as I said to photonrider, I got distracted and unfortunately came back when the natural light was quite dim. I'll put a few in GIMP and see if I can lighten them up. :)

My 'set' was very DIY. We're decorating the living room, so the curtains are down, so I draped a curtain over the edge of the bed. Unfortunately I didn't have barely any room to move back as much as I wanted to, I was literally hunched over the camera with my back to the wall! I'll try ironing my backgrounds next time. :lol:
AMG.
It's a lot better though than most of the pics I see here where there has been no effort put in to photographs models in a good clutter free environment.
/offtopic

Thank you! :D
commodoreben
Here are some pics of the Peter Brock 96 Wellington Street Race Commodore I posted about earlier.
-pics-

Not so much of a Holden fan myself, but nice find! Was it expensive with it being signed?

I now own two 1:2 scale F1 helmets. Hamilton's 2012 ive shown before and now Sebastian Vettels from 2010.

2zf1jie.jpg

picture.php

Testarossa

picture.php

F40

picture.php

picture.php

Testarossa.

picture.php

picture.php

Maserati Tipo '61

picture.php

Mercedes SSKL Mille Miglia '31

picture.php

Sauber Mercedes

picture.php

Maserati 250F '57

picture.php

Bentley Speed 8

picture.php

Mazda 787B

picture.php

Enzo

picture.php

SLS

You would not believe how much staggered I am.
These are unbelievable!!!

Not so much of a Holden fan myself, but nice find! Was it expensive with it being signed?

It was expensive. Not only being signed by Peter Brock but the fact that its the first casting that Classic Carlectables ever made and it was only availible at the Wellington Street Race. I have heard they were given away but I havnt been able to find any info to confirm that.

That must have been the dumbest/costly mistake I ever made. About 20 years ago I bought the box. Started to put it together. It had six spoke wheels (2 spares) and those consisted of approx 250 parts each. I gave up on it after 200 hours of putting it together and had only completed the chassis and 1 wheel. I then stored it for years and years waiting to pick it up again when I would retire. Approx 6-8 yrs ago I was cleaning up house and decided to chuck it. A few years ago I was browsing ebay. Suffice to say that what came out of my mouth was AUP unfriendly. :D

Oh dear. Yeah, I can imagine what you mustered. I know how expensive those things are right now. Do you rememebr how much it cost you when you picked it up new?

According to my Excel spreadsheet +/- 800 guilders, in Euros that's now 366.65.
The Ferraris were approx Eur 240 each.

Howdy, Been on a rare model buying spree lately...

So here is the list,

AUTOart 1:18 scale nissan skyline R34 GTR Vspec (White diamond pearl)

AUTOart 1:18 scale nissan skyline R34 GTR Vspec (Midnight purple)

AUTOart 1:18 scale nissan fairlady Z (RHD) (orange passion metalic

Kyosho 1:18 scale Toyota supra RZ (black) (still in shipping)

AUTOart 1:18 scale Lexus GS300 vertex edition (black) (still in shipping)

AUTOart 1:18 scale Porsche 911 996 facelift (yellow)

Burago (Premium) BMW Z3 M with carpet (metalic silver)

Maisto fairlady Z ( added carpet and alot of other details)

Road legends 1989 Mercedes SL500 with carpet (White/silver)

Soon AUTOart R32 GTR And R33 GTR

Not a bad way to really start kicking off a 1:18 scale collection.

So far all i had in my collection 1:18 scale wise was an AUTOart GTR R35, kyosho 1:18 scale RX7 and a hotwheels 1:18 Honda civic from the old elite street car edition

Pics on the way

Last edited:
I finished these recently.
478056_448564228539577_1323976974_o.jpg

The fuel lines, chute cords, and spark plug wires where the biggest challenge to do. Turned out good though, Even sanded the slicks for that 'realistic' look. :)👍

Ah a doubting Tom.
So you make me take my camera & flash out of hibernation, dust off my models, take them out of their display cabinets, clear my desk etc etc. :sly:
Well, here you go!
It started off with two of my all-time Ferraris! I don't recall the Pocher name, but I think I remember seeing the Testarossa from the Sharper Image catalog here in the States. Absolutely beautiful collection you got there. 👍

I now own two 1:2 scale F1 helmets. Hamilton's 2012 ive shown before and now Sebastian Vettels from 2010.

You should give these collectors a heads-up:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204725&page=6

AUTOart 1:18 scale nissan fairlady Z (RHD) (orange passion metalic

Maisto fairlady Z ( added carpet and alot of other details)

Can't wait to see these. I'll never forget walking down a street one day and stopping dead in my tracks gaping for the first time at a Fairlady.

Not a bad way to really start kicking off a 1:18 scale collection.

.........................[/COLOR]

You're tellin' me . . . so what's the story here? You just felt like going out and splurging on a bunch of cars? :crazy:

Antonisbob - holy mackeral, man - nice job! 👍

It started off with two of my all-time Ferraris! I don't recall the Pocher name, but I think I remember seeing the Testarossa from the Sharper Image catalog here in the States. Absolutely beautiful collection you got there. 👍

Thank you.

The Pocher 1:8 models are quite beautiful. Pity the company was liquidated in 2000. I would have loved to see more modern cars from them. I really enjoyed building these. In the past I used to deconstruct Bburago's and repaint and upholster them myself. Nowadays, I occasionally buy a good quality model but don't want too many. I'm not a collector.

Thank you.

The Pocher 1:8 models are quite beautiful. Pity the company was liquidated in 2000. I would have loved to see more modern cars from them. I really enjoyed building these. In the past I used to deconstruct Bburago's and repaint and upholster them myself. Nowadays, I occasionally buy a good quality model but don't want too many. I'm not a collector.
I hear you there. I adore the beautiful cars in this thread, but personally, I don't have the commitment(or the resources lol) needed for this hobby. I recently started collecting little Hot Wheel cars, and that's already bad enough!

Thank you for taking time to post those pictures. 👍

I am new here in gtplanet and stumbled upon this thread. I would like to share some of my diecast collection:

Thanks for taking the time to register and post and Welcome to GTPlanet! :) 👍
Nice cars and great photography (and since you're new I can tell you right away that getting a compliment like that from AMG means a lot).

Love that Ford GT. Ooooooh the lines, svelteness, the juicy colour, the smiley snarl on its face as it almost seems to want to leap off the screen. Yum. I actually have one with the same colour in my Garage. My GT5 Garage, that is.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I really appreciate it. :cheers:

Here's a bonus interior shot of the Ford GT for y'all!

My favorite car of all time... Ferrari 250 GTO by Kyosho

Enzos from Hotwheels

I keep re-arranging models <_<

I would still never sleep knowing that those expensive 1/18 cars are on the top of the shelf, and if pushed would simply roll of the edge and end up very broken. :scared: Hence why I tend to keep mine in the cases.

I would still never sleep knowing that those expensive 1/18 cars are on the top of the shelf, and if pushed would simply roll of the edge and end up very broken. :scared: Hence why I tend to keep mine in the cases.

lol, neither model rolls all that well. Especially the Peugeot, which really doesn't roll at all lol. While the Mazda is just so heavy it takes quite a bit of force to get it to roll. Enclosed display cabinets are expensive (more so than a really nice model) while I have far too many models to buy individual cases for (around 140 in my apartment). Maybe after I move next year I might try to find some cheap enclosed cabinets though...

Venom800tt
lol, neither model rolls all that well. Especially the Peugeot, which really doesn't roll at all lol. While the Mazda is just so heavy it takes quite a bit of force to get it to roll. Enclosed display cabinets are expensive (more so than a really nice model) while I have far too many models to buy individual cases for (around 140 in my apartment). Maybe after I move next year I might try to find some cheap enclosed cabinets though...

140... Holy crap! You're like the Sultan Of 1/18 Brunei :lol:

Nice models Venom. I'm loving the Le Mans cars. I'll like to get a few more along with some old classics. 👍

Back