8214161560_8f0e165d20_c.jpg

8214161108_cac1d7d531_c.jpg

8214160620_b054f5c945_c.jpg

8214160282_6e8160e0f3_c.jpg

8214159952_2262a54e31_c.jpg

Along with its racing counterpart:

8214159450_35fa1b2ba8_c.jpg

Oh lord, the Atlantic and both racing Mercedes. You bastard, haha

You need the blue truck to put your Mercedes on. You REALLY do.

Did have an offer on one for under £200 a couple of years back but turned it down as it wasn't detailed enough for my liking, the fiat transporter on the other hand......

Stopped by Rite Aid to buy some cars. They removed the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off for anyone and now it's only for those who have a card. :grumpy: But...was worth getting these two. Liking the detail on these. Both 1:24 scale Wellys.

IMG_0634.jpg

Growing some weird obsession with the Panamera... :scared:

Also, for anyone else looking for scale models. BJ's is having a 60-day free membership promo (might need a coupon), so I'll be looking into going there soon enough to get the trial membership. :D

I just brought a very special car on ebay. Its a 1:43 Peter Brock Commodore from the 1996 Wellington Street Race. What makes it so special is its the first model made by Classic Carlectables and its been signed by Peter Brock.

That is most definitely special! And it has something to do with New Zealand. :P A strange combination, but it works. A shame that a race in Wellington is impossible these days because most people who live in Wellington are just as uptight and annoying as the politicians... Not all, but most. If you go into Wellington city, you'll meet many prats, though maybe it's because the politicians are there poisoning everyone. That's my off topic ranting done.

^^:drool:

Here's two which i found in my attic.

viper clk by mika9891, on Flickr

1:36 scale, the clk has a wonky left side mirror so looking to fix that before i put it with the rest of my collection.

Decided to move the Dauer and F1 from my supercar shelf, so now it looks like this:
IMG_1310s.jpg

And now the McLaren and Dauer are together in a small case:
IMG_1311s.jpg

Might mess around with the placement of the supporting wires for the McLaren though. Also might try other methods that don't block the Dauer...

Speaking of which, I dont think anyone will, because no one here is a fan of the cars that they usually do, but anyone here has any Pochers?

Yep 2 Testarossa's (open & closed), F40 and a 911. Also used to have a Rolls Royce from early 1900's.

That is most definitely special! And it has something to do with New Zealand. :P A strange combination, but it works. A shame that a race in Wellington is impossible these days because most people who live in Wellington are just as uptight and annoying as the politicians... Not all, but most. If you go into Wellington city, you'll meet many prats, though maybe it's because the politicians are there poisoning everyone. That's my off topic ranting done.

Oi! :grumpy:

:P

I just thought I'd share these. 1:24 scale 1954 Mercedes 300CL and a 1984 Ferrari GTO. Both are made by Burago in Italy. All together I spent $20 for both of them from a thrift store. They are Christmas gifts for my nephew.

img201211291315411.jpg

img201211291316061.jpg

img201211291316261.jpg

img201211291317031.jpg

img201211291317241.jpg

Last edited:
Yep 2 Testarossa's (open & closed), F40 and a 911. Also used to have a Rolls Royce from early 1900's.

Pics. Or it . . didn't . . happen.:sly:

I just thought I'd share these. 1:24 scale 1954 Mercedes 300CL and a 1984 Ferrari GTO. Both are made by Burago in Italy. All together I spent $20 for both of them from a thrift store. They are Christmas gifts for my nephew.

img201211291315411.jpg

If your nephew has my taste in cars - then definitely a very merry Christmas for him. ;) These two would be on any list of classic exotics. Nice detail for that kind of money, too. Bburago does a great job - and nice wheels on these cars, - looks very much like the real thing.

Pics. Or it . . didn't . . happen.:sly:

Ah a doubting Tom.
So you make me take my camera & flash out of hibernation, dust off my models, take them out of their display cabinets, clear my desk etc etc. :sly:
Well, here you go!

picture.php

Pocher - Testarossa

picture.php

Pocher - F40

picture.php

picture.php

Pocher - Testarossa. As you can see they're > 20 years old.

picture.php

Pocher - 911

picture.php

CMC - Maserati Tipo '61

picture.php

CMC - Mercedes SSKL Mille Miglia '31

picture.php

Racing Legends - Sauber Mercedes

picture.php

CMC - Maserati 250F '57

picture.php

AutoArt - Bentley Speed 8

picture.php

AutoArt - Mazda 787B

picture.php

Unknown - BMW M3 1:32

picture.php

CMC - SLR

picture.php

BBR - Enzo

picture.php

Maisto - SLS

picture.php

Revell - Audi TT, Maisto – SLK, AutoArt – 911, Minichamps - Audi TT V6
Models of my last 4 cars.
There are threads here that confirm I actually owned the real life versions here except for the last one. I don't remember posting photo's of the latest TT. The real life one is darker grey than the model above.
:sly:

Last edited:
If your nephew has my taste in cars - then definitely a very merry Christmas for him. ;) These two would be on any list of classic exotics. Nice detail for that kind of money, too. Bburago does a great job - and nice wheels on these cars, - looks very much like the real thing.

Only bad part is that he's nearly 3 years old. Don't want him smashing them around.

Seeing all the collections here has inspired me to dust mine off and take some photos!

1:24 Scale Maisto 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Dragster

1:24 Scale Maisto 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
This was a build kit, and the seats keep falling out. :lol:

1:24 Scale Maisto Volkswagen Samba Bus
This was also a build kit, and probably the best one of them.

1:24 Scale Maisto 1960 Ford Starliner
Also a build kit, as you can tell by the door which is constantly ajar.

1:43 Scale Minichamps 2001 Ford Mondeo MK3
My favourite model, for obvious reasons. If anybody knows where I can get some wheels and other parts for 1:43 scale cars, let me know. I'd like to make this one look like a replica of my own Mondeo.

1:43 Scale IXO Models BMC Mini Cooper S #177 Rally Monte Carlo 1967 - R. Aaltonen & H. Liddon
Bought this a few months ago at ModelZone.

1:32 Scale Saico Ford Fiesta RS WRC Rally Sweden 2011 - M. Hirvonen & J. Lehtinen
Bought this at Wales Rally GB 2011. They only had Hirvonen or Loeb and the Ken Block one hadn't been released yet. I can't get a hold of it now it's out.

1:24 Scale Unknown Manufacterer 1968 Lamborghini P400 Miura
Bought this for £6 at a car museum about a year ago - extremely good detail considering the price!

1:24 Scale Bburago Williams F1
It used to belong to my dad, and I don't know how long he had it before then. Does anybody know which year this one is?

I've got a lot more, but I don't want to put too many pictures in this post, so here is the album with the rest of them in.

Some nice cars there, liking the Miura and at £6 its a steal 👍 think the last one's a 1992 FW14 Nigel Mansell

Some nice cars there, liking the Miura and at £6 its a steal 👍 think the last one's a 1992 FW14 Nigel Mansell

Thanks. 👍

Yes, looking at Google it seems like you are correct. I finally know the year and driver! :lol:

Ah a doubting Tom.
So you make me take my camera & flash out of hibernation, dust off my models, take them out of their display cabinets, clear my desk etc etc. :sly:
Well, here you go!

picture.php

Pocher - Testarossa

picture.php

CMC - Mercedes SSKL Mille Miglia '31

picture.php

Racing Legends - Sauber Mercedes

picture.php

CMC - Maserati 250F '57

picture.php

AutoArt - Bentley Speed 8

picture.php

AutoArt - Mazda 787B

pic14369.gif

I . . am . . floored. Holy thundering tigercats, AMG, that is a most valuable collection. And it increases in value everyday. This is truly an example of judicious investment - and the opposite of scalping. No doubt one would have to part with a very large sum of money before you let go any of these.
The fact that most of these cars were iconic enough to be included in the GT Series makes them increase in value even more for GT Players.
I'm so enraged jealous envious awestruck; lovely post and thanks for the effort.

picture.php

Revell - Audi TT, Maisto – SLK, AutoArt – 911, Minichamps - Audi TT V6
Models of my last 4 cars.
There are threads here that confirm I actually owned the real life versions here except for the last one. I don't remember posting photo's of the latest TT. The real life one is darker grey than the model above.
:sly:

Yes, I've read around the Forum about many people who own models of the cars they own or used to own. The HW Collectors Discussion has at least one in there - Mr K, I believe.
As for me - I owned a Fiero once - but sold it before I got to the stage of ripping it apart and modding it. Not the car to start a family on - so had to trade it in and ended up with a very dignified, albeit very quick and graceful, Regal saloon. Model makers rarely make models of family cars .. . . :(

Only bad part is that he's nearly 3 years old. Don't want him smashing them around.

They may be too valuable for a three year old - and you may regret it if you see them damaged by him eventually. Why don't you get him a ten-pack of HWs instead. He will appreciate the bigger cars later on as he grows up - and you'll have a present for him stashed away for emergencies.

Seeing all the collections here has inspired me to dust mine off and take some photos!

1:24 Scale Unknown Manufacterer 1968 Lamborghini P400 Miura
Bought this for £6 at a car museum about a year ago - extremely good detail considering the price!

I saw a similar (or maybe same) Miura - same size, colour, platform, etc - at an AUTOart dealer - and asked him what make it was - he took it out of the showcase, spent many minutes poring over it only to tell me embarrassedly that he didn't know the manufacturer. There was a half-price sale on - and the regular retail was $70.00 - but I skipped it to my eternal regret. Would have been just $35.00 - enough money for a couple of days gas in my real car.

I've got a lot more, but I don't want to put too many pictures in this post, so here is the album with the rest of them in.

Checked out your album - super cars in there, girl, some real gems - plus I see you're enjoying your photography big time! :) 👍 No distractions there, heh heh.. . . .

Also used to have a Rolls Royce from early 1900's.

Ah, I would have loved to see that. To be sincere I was expecting to see that kind of cars, I totally forgot Pocher also made some generic cars like Testarossas and stuff q: still, their size and detail are absolutely staggering. CMC Maserati is also awesome 👍

Ah, I would have loved to see that. To be sincere I was expecting to see that kind of cars, I totally forgot Pocher also made some generic cars like Testarossas and stuff q: still, their size and detail are absolutely staggering. CMC Maserati is also awesome 👍

That must have been the dumbest/costly mistake I ever made. About 20 years ago I bought the box. Started to put it together. It had six spoke wheels (2 spares) and those consisted of approx 250 parts each. I gave up on it after 200 hours of putting it together and had only completed the chassis and 1 wheel. I then stored it for years and years waiting to pick it up again when I would retire. Approx 6-8 yrs ago I was cleaning up house and decided to chuck it. A few years ago I was browsing ebay. Suffice to say that what came out of my mouth was AUP unfriendly. :D

This is what it was supposed to look like.
1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Torpedo
Pic #10 on http://www.precisionscalereplicas.com/new_page_2.htm

Good effort at photographing these. If I may give you a tip, they're all underexposed. They need at least 1 stop of over exposure and if you can get them away further from the background it will hopefully fade away and be less recognisable as a (non-ironed ;sly;) bed sheet. Give it a try.

It's a lot better though than most of the pics I see here where there has been no effort put in to photographs models in a good clutter free environment.
/offtopic

Back