◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.:sly:

Speaking of Mondays, what ever happened to Monday Mayhem and Manual Mondays??

I rather liked this idea, but it was a complete dud on the thread. Rally, did you happen to see that post? I figured you'd be all over the Cat & Mouse and Touge events. :confused:

Also, I've been really itching to drive with my H-gate and clutch. I suck at it because I'm so inconsistent with my shifts, but the only way to fix that is to practice. Anyone else want to get Manual Monday going? 💡

Wolfsatz
Post some pictures!

Last week i passed so much time to download pics on gtp and im a little bored. Now i know all the procedure to show this pics but need patience and after passed 4-5 hours last week whitout any result i dont have this patience.Saturday i bought need for speed shift 2 and i have think it will be a nice game to play... It was bored as ... and psn rob my 20$ and i waste my time on a stupid fake simulator.

I rather liked this idea, but it was a complete dud on the thread. Rally, did you happen to see that post? I figured you'd be all over the Cat & Mouse and Touge events. :confused:

Also, I've been really itching to drive with my H-gate and clutch. I suck at it because I'm so inconsistent with my shifts, but the only way to fix that is to practice. Anyone else want to get Manual Monday going? 💡
I would also like to do some real manual driving. Been doing a bit more of it this week since I was not practicing to get the best possible time this week. I will have to see how my schedule plays out over the next few weeks but I am hoping to get more involved in a weekday event. This and SCT would be my front runners.

I do, but it seems a bit non-inclusive since most drivers are on a DFGT or DS3. Do we know roughly how many people are using a wheel with a shifter? There's only three wheels that have a shifter, correct; G2X, Fanatec, and Thrustmaster T500?

We don't have to necessarily exclude the DFGT drivers I guess. Since it's just a casual event, we can just "strongly encourage" the use of an H-gate and clutch. However, anyone with a manual shifter would be welcome. Thoughts?

We don't have to necessarily exclude the DFGT drivers I guess. Since it's just a casual event, we can just "strongly encourage" the use of an H-gate and clutch. However, anyone with a manual shifter would be welcome. Thoughts?

We can give people a choice; you can use a shifter, or cockpit view with no HUD. I wish we could enforce that...

moutonguerrier
If you're searching for a simulator give iRacing a try and make sure you use a promo code.

I saw that game but its for pc and its only racecars. I search a tuning cars game( look and performance) and streetcars. Shift 2 got awesome cars but the driving looks like midnight club on serious track how some pro can tell its a real physics. They looks like clown on internet approving this game ..

There does seem to be a bit of "let's see how bad they hate this combo" when picking lately.

This is racing. Not a time trial challenge. Please pick a combo that nets good close and fun racing. It's better for the group. Then again it's your choice.

The Caterham is fun to drive. Gearing is the only draw back for me. Jump tracks why oh why do we allow these. I was gutted on the jump. Swore I was square but landed and sent into wall from front to back. Race ruined. :-/

TVR on Racing Hards may have been ok. The handling to power gap was to great.

The jump killed each of my qualifying laps there becasue I would either get bounced one way or just bounce straight up in the air. Real race tracks don't have jumps like that unless they're rally tracks.

The TVR was just fine to me with one exception. The thing topped out in the draft and killed one of the best passing zones on the track. Why do people pick combos with cars that don't have enough gear for the track? Is it a lack of time to properly test the comination? Is it that they just don't care if the car doesn't have enough gear? Are they picking it on purpose just to be annoying? I don't know what the answer is, but if you claim to put time in testing a combo, you had sure better test it in the draft and make sure it has enough gear.

Lets have a spec race with everyone driving different cars:sly: But seriously only one week out of four would be manual only. The other nights would be more open. While I know that everyone can not afford to get a wheel with a shifter I think that those of us with them would like a chance to drive with them on equal terms with other drivers.

We can give people a choice; you can use a shifter, or cockpit view with no HUD. I wish we could enforce that...
I always use cockpit view. The only issue I have is how hard some of the gauges are to read. While the contrast between the dark interior and light exterior may be accurate in real life the second you look down at the gauges your eyes adjust allowing you to see them clearly. In the game they just stay dark:( Also with the standards not having intrior detail I think having the speedo and tach on is sort of necessary.

The TVR was just fine to me with one exception. The thing topped out in the draft and killed one of the best passing zones on the track. Why do people pick combos with cars that don't have enough gear for the track? Is it a lack of time to properly test the comination? Is it that they just don't care if the car doesn't have enough gear? Are they picking it on purpose just to be annoying? I don't know what the answer is, but if you claim to put time in testing a combo, you had sure better test it in the draft and make sure it has enough gear.

I did test the combo and was not hitting the rev limit on the straight. I knew that it might be close on a run with a good draft. I also tried to repeatedly get people to help test the combo but was not able to get many people to help. Are you suggesting that this be a requirement? How would you may that happen?

I would have gotten a pick this week if not for one driver who dominated our division… sigh…

I would've picked the Mach 1 and the Daytona Oval just to make you happy…

I didn't mind hitting the limiter there (or back with the Camaro RM at Fuji) because you could only do it while in the draft. You still had the benefit with it that the clean air car didn't have.

I'll bet many of the people who complain about this kind of thing would also complain that drafting in GT5 is too strong.

I always use cockpit view. The only issue I have is how hard some of the gauges are to read. While the contrast between the dark interior and light exterior may be accurate in real life the second you look down at the gauges your eyes adjust allowing you to see them clearly. In the game they just stay dark:( Also with the standards not having intrior detail I think having the speedo and tach on is sort of necessary.

I do too, now. Way too much fun with triple monitors 👍 The gauge issue is a real pain 👎

You can adjust the exposure from the options while on track for each car, but that's a bit of a hassle and I always forget. When I get on track I drive :lol:

I'll address this real quick. Along with the few other comments it inspired. I totally get another monday mayhem going. Soon. I was/am working on a touge/cat&mouse deal. However, I picked up hours at work at the beginning of November, and that killed me for doing anything, as I am not at all an early riser, so getting up at 5:30 and staying up tille after midnight, several nights a week, just wasnt sitting well with my chi. Now that the new year is over, and my hours are normal again, I can probably get something going again, but it just may be temporary, as I will be starting school this semester, and I am not sure of my schedule yet, along with a move coming up and finding/getting a new job and new schedule there. I feel like rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. Always checking my watch and jumping about yelling "I'm late, I'm late!" Which at this very moment while writing this, I am indeed making myself later for something I need to be at. But I'm admittedly a late arriver, and I once heard that cool kids never know the time.

Here are the official results from our league night on January 6th, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 85 points (82.45 for Prize B)
  2. WiiFreak ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • DownStyle --------- DNR
  • doodlemonoply ----- DNR
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • z06fun1 ----------- DNR
  • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
  • Torino-IKA -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. dangerzone641 TC -- did not submit a vote 75 points (77.52 for prize purposes only)
  2. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Ice_Warden -------- did not submit a vote
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Maxime0911 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 97 points (94.09 for Prize A)
  2. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. DudeTuna ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. cheechoo777 ------- did not submit a vote
  8. bug1623 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • dragonwhisky ------ DNR
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
  • leadbedr ---------- DNR
  • GTP_mike46an2 ----- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 80 points (78.03 for prize purposes only)
  2. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Vol_Jbolaz -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- did not submit a vote
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • NATHANFLYS -------- DNR
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • KuulKriine -------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. Jfin07 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 81 points (80.31 for Prize C)
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. blOody_Alb21 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. the2armedmen ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • Skills_19657 ------ DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • primarywheel ------ DNR
  • codeblue111 ------- DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 @High Speed Ring / Reverse

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Maxime0911 wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 2 - Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 @Cape Ring North

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since hillracing gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to Jfin07 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know if I'm happy because the GVE combo I helped pick survived, or if I'm sad because the Caterham/Cape Ring combo is getting split up. I thought both of those combo's were awsome.

Also, thank you so much to Zero for the prize for the December season champions, but I already won a copy from our 1 year aniversary event, so I'd like to pass my prize off to the next elligable person :)

Wow, I don't know if I'm happy because the GVE combo I helped pick survived, or if I'm sad because the Caterham/Cape Ring combo is getting split up. I thought both of those combo's were awsome.

Also, thank you so much to Zero for the prize for the December season champions, but I already won a copy from our 1 year aniversary event, so I'd like to pass my prize off to the next elligable person :)
I wonder what track would suit the Caterham?

I am also glad the RX-7 stuck around. I figured it could have a good life when I chose it (Low PP FTW). I think taking it to GVE was a good choice:)

Will there be Monday Mayhem tonight? I would be interested, but it used to be kind of on/off sometimes. Does t run every week now?

Autumn Ring Mini? :sly:

Indy Road Course would be fun EXCEPT the sweeper off the banking. That was a bitch in a 4wd car, let alone an already sketchy rwd one. I say no go.

In other news, I won't make it to Monday Mayhem if it happens. I'll be watching the Irish instead. I should have stayed in Miami another week; too bad I can't afford tickets.

The jump doomed it.

Which version of Cape Ring doesn't have the toilet bowl and jump?

An update on tracks that have not been used for a S.N.A.I.L. Sunday race:

Kart Space II
Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
Cape Ring Inside
London (std)
Madrid Mini
Madrid Mini / Reverse
Eiger short /Reverse
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley East / Reverse
High Speed Ring / Reverse
GreenValley Speedway / Reverse

Also the OCD still has a bunch of great cars and they are real bargains at the moment.

Current OCD

Just downloaded GTpedia. Thank you so much for the gift and thank you to everyone that makes SNAIL possible. Seriously, i wouldn't play GT5 without ya. And racing in D4 last night was awesome.

Regardless of combos, D5 had several close races (not all for first place...), and the overall point difference, prelim-wise, was 1 point apiece for places 1-4, then a 4 point spread on places 5-7.

Welcome to the new guys, as well.

Agreed, there were some epic battles for last place. I know because I was in 2 of them haha

AMWeaver47
Autumn Ring Mini? :sly:

Indy Road Course would be fun EXCEPT the sweeper off the banking. That was a bitch in a 4wd car, let alone an already sketchy rwd one. I say no go

You haven't tried it. It's on rails full throttle through there. Ask anyone that raced the New Year's Day event.

Those are my colours (silver car, black rims) but i'm on D4.

i have those colours but i'm on D4

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a blast last night on my come-back to the snail competition (THANK YOU ZERO5FIVE for your kind words). It was one of my best Sundays with two wins (ONE OF THEM WITH THE TVR CERBERA) Lmao, 1 second place and a third place.... the rest was crappy eheheheheh.
On my second Cerbera race i started in third from last, 7th i believe, and tried a new trick........... I started the race in second gear. Guys, i enter the first corner in SECOND PLACE!!! I passed everyone on start. I was like...YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! Then i end up winning that second race.
The car was very tricky at the exit of the SSS to the bridge but i found out that the trick was shifting from 2nd to 3rd half way into that corner and the car would just take off steadily. The rest is pure throttle control and breaking points.
Damm, i had fun.

silverstone grey metallic

Last edited by a moderator:
Back