F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
I think a "Muscle car Vs ------" could be quite interesting with the new PP system. They have received huge boosts, but is the all-power-and-no-handling approach the sure fire winner now, or could the better handling cars still stand a chance?

I understand the point of letting the cars get re-adjusted, but lets just stay the course with this one, and maybe discuss what to do, if, this should happen again over in the FITT thread.

I think that's the safest way to do it :indiff:

I understand the point of letting the cars get re-adjusted, but lets just stay the course with this one, and maybe discuss what to do, if, this should happen again over in the FITT thread.

I think that's the safest way to do it :indiff:

Cool with your decision. Just wanted to see something compete with the 2D.

Can it even be built to reach 600PP now?
It wasn't an honest 600 before, the aero is at 20/40 which is really more than needed. Also a little low on PL and running a supercharger.

I doubt it can even reach 545PP now.

My point is just that the car is the same as it was supposed to be for the shootout, even if there were something to change, parts to add, would we want to change the shootout to match this new potentially ridiculous PP system anyway?

My two cents, if the cars are still running the same-ish times as before then we just play on. If someone has gained or lost a huge chunk of time then we go back and revisit the tuning. If I read CSL right it looks like even with the drop in PP it is still "the same". If that is the case, carry on testing.

FITT - Clueless Classic Shootout
Track: Nurburgring GP/D
Restrictions: 615pp, Racing Hard Tires
Test Driver: Theo777 (PSN: Zigatan)

Testing Details: Tests were conducted with five laps around track using the offline A-Spec Free Run mode. The quickest green lap time was recorded. Game settings include TCS off, ABS 1, Fuel/Damage off, Grip Real, and Controller Sensitivity 4. These tests were conducted using the Dualshock 3 controller and all testing was conducted after the release of update 2.10.

Testing Results

Krenkme – Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
Lap: 01:29.038
This is Ferrari tune has some very interesting performance trade-offs. The brakes were good for the low/mid speed sections but required early braking for the straights. The turbo power was great on the straight sections but made the lower speed corners a difficult exercise. Instead of oversteer, there was a mild amount understeer that allowed the chassis to maintain a great line around sharper turns at low speeds. The high speed section kink in turn eight did require some positioning to keep the car on the tarmac. If the accelerator was not carefully modulated the rear wheels would break traction causing undesirable results. The best method I found was by slamming through second and third gears helped to maintain traction when exiting turns around the course. As long as the driver carefully feathers the throttle, this crazy turbo Ferrari tune handles quite well.

XDesperado67 – Dodge Challenger R/T RM ‘70
Lap: 01:29.492
With nearly 700hp, this is the most powerful RM muscle car in this competition. The tune feels pretty good considering the difficulty in translating that power to the tarmac. Inside wheel spin is present while accelerating out of most corners. A notable section to watch throttle input was exiting the chicane. Turn-in takes a fraction of a second longer than Theo’s but once pointed felt just as fast on the exit. The straight line performance was amazing and the brakes were very good during deceleration at high speed. Nicely done!

Ugabugaz – Chaparral 2D Race Car ‘67
Lap: 01:26.220
This tune has an amazing amount of grip and felt smoother than Praiano’s Chaparral. The rear track was planted throughout the course even during braking and entry into a corner. The limitation of the three speed transmission was not a problem as there was plenty of balanced acceleration for navigating each corner exit. The one downside is that the car did require a slight hesitation on throttle application around the apex few turns. Only under extreme braking on turn one did the outside front wheel even turn red. Good tune!

VTiRoj (PSN: RoJJieE) – Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 ‘65
Lap: 01:35.602
With almost no chassis weight this car feels nicely balanced on the limit but really doesn’t like curbs. The acceleration was just enough to keep pace and up shifting a bit early or holding a gear (2nd and 3rd gears) through a bend helped with acceleration out of the turns. Stopping was excellent but watch out for the chicane section as this cause undesired results upon landing. It might be the underdog, but it was still a very enjoyable drive.

Onboy123 – Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
Lap: 01:28.086
This was a very fast and technical Ferrari tune. The both rear wheels will easily break traction if care is not taken with the accelerator. Brakes felt slightly weak but stability while stopping was great as I could enter a few of the turns with a controlled slide. The transmission worked best with holding a gear for as long as possible on tight sections and short shifting on the wider sections. The fastest achieved lap had three burnouts and a few single red tires but the car was manageable around the limit. There is definitely room for improvement if the driver possessed alien levels of throttle control. Overall, this was a challenging 60s Ferrari but still fun around the track.

MrGrado – Jaguar XJ13 Race Car ‘66
Lap: 01:27.958
The Jaguar handled well driving at a slower pace on the first lap but as I pushed the car it became very easy to miss an entry or braking point and end up in the green. The chassis was smooth, responsive, and allowed for a good entry onto the long straight sections of the track. The high speed achieved on the straight required very early braking to ensure a decent entry into the turn. There is definitely room for improvement in the lap time. This was not a bad tune by any means, just very technical on entry and throttle application.

Trackripper123 (Hosted by Krenkme) – Chaparral 2D Race Car ‘67
Lap: 01:26.814
As with the other two Chaparral tunes; this was a quick car with very good grip. An extremely long first gear allowed for clean corner exits without fear of the rear tires breaking free. The downside to the long gearing was a slight drop in acceleration when compared to the other two Chaparral tunes. The brakes were very strong and the car exhibited great balance while slowing for each turn. This was the easiest of the three to drive and still put down a great lap. Nice tune!

Praiano63 – Chaparral 2D Race Car ‘67
Lap: 01:25.892
Very nice grip and mild drifts highlight this tune. First gear is long and requires that the engine speed needs to be maintained for brisk acceleration. Using a very mild drift entering a few of the turns similar to the RM muscles cars yielded the quickest laps. The technical aspect to the car is finding the right speed and balance to exit a turn quickly. The stopping power was the strongest on any tune this competition but I did notice a tendency for the front end to wander a small amount. While the tune required a fairly technical driving manner, it was also very quick when it all came together.

Theo777 (PSN: Zigatan) - Dodge Challenger R/T RM ‘70
Lap: 01:29.092
As the second most powerful RM racecar in this competition, this tune struggled to keep its tire/s from lighting up on every corner exit. The chassis is fairly tight and has enough balance that it will maintain a driving line as long as only one tire is scorching its rubber. The tire wear is likely going to be higher than the other 60-70s muscle racecars. The stopping power was fine as long as you do not late brake into a turn. The tuner, who happened to be on hand during testing, noted that this was quicker than the previous best lap set at GP/D while tuning the car.

CSLACR (PSN: GTP_CSL) – Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ‘69
Lap: 01:29.213
This Camaro tune has a sensitive throttle that does not want full power unless it is pointed in a straight line. The chassis felt balanced through the chicane and fairly controllable when the rear tires gave way to smoke. The brakes were excellent for all sections of the track and allowed the driver to regain control if entering a corner to hot. Given its new performance rating of 539pp this tune is even more amazing. Nicely done!

Wildheart90 – Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
Lap: 01:29.129
This Ferrari tune sets itself apart with a more neutral driving feel and interesting transmission. Brakes were good once the proper downshift points were figured out. The chassis was predictability and allowed a good level of control to prevent the rear wheels from spinning. Turn number five caused the car to become a drift machine, with the back out every test lap. First gear needed to be avoided to have any chance at a quick lap. Also, downshifting too quickly and the car would require a much longer distance to slow for a turn. Overall, this tune did a nice job of balancing the speed and handling of a difficult to tune racecar.

Ridox2JZGTE (PSN: GTP_Orido) – Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ‘69
Lap: 01:30.026
At first this Camaro (now 535pp!) tune caught me off guard with some serious body roll. Stopping distance was a bit long then I expected after driving CSLACR’s tune but once the appropriate entry speed was found it became predictable through the bends. Turn-in understeer was moderate and especially noticeable in the higher speed sections. This tune might very well be suited around a bumpy course such as the Ring or Trial Mountain. What a fun but technical old school ride!

Johnnypenso – Ferrari 330 P4 ‘67
Lap: 01:28.183
Another technical Ferrari tune but this one is requires extreme precision with steering and throttle inputs. Braking was good and off throttle steering allowed for accurate placement of the car. The accelerator felt like a steering modifier that would yield an unpredictable change of a few degrees to the front wheels. There was even a moment of opposite lock while in 2nd gear drifting around turn number five. That drift was actually quicker then when driving smoothly in 1st gear. Even though it was difficult to drive there is certainly room for improvement in lap time. I did manage a lap time similar to other racecars in its class so good job.

Lewis_Hamilton_ – Ford Mark IV ‘67
Lap: 01:27.453
The Ford tune provided a smooth power delivery but throttle control was a bit of a challenge on this tune. Careful steering input and normal braking distances were required for cornering to prevent sudden oversteer from taking effect. A slight delay on the accelerator allowed for clean exits with just a hint of wheel spin. Overall, this is a technical tune with its own rear biased mid-engine feel. Not the quickest but a good tune in its own right.

Motor City Hami (PSN: MotorCtyHamilton) – Jaguar XJ13 Race Car ‘66
Lap: 01:26.885
This tune was very consistent as my first lap was only about a second off from my best lap. The balance between the amount of aero, transmission, and chassis all worked to provide an easy drive. Only mild inside wheel spin occurred in a few section during cornering and the rear end would move slightly on exit. The car stayed well planted throughout the course and had excellent brakes that inspired almost daring levels of confidents. The very nice Jag gave a very good drive.

Last edited:
VTiRoj (PSN: RoJJieE) – Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 ‘65
Lap: 01:35.602
With almost no chassis weight this car feels nicely balanced on the limit but really doesn’t like curbs. The acceleration was just enough to keep pace and up shifting a bit early or holding a gear (2nd and 3rd gears) through a bend helped with acceleration out of the turns. Stopping was excellent but watch out for the chicane section as this cause undesired results upon landing. It might be the underdog, but it was still a very enjoyable drive.

Landing? Is it catching that much air? :dopey:

Ridox2JZGTE (PSN: GTP_Orido) – Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ‘69
Lap: 01:30.026
At first this Camaro (now 535pp!) tune caught me off guard with some serious body roll. Stopping distance was a bit long then I expected after driving CSLACR’s tune but once the appropriate entry speed was found it became predictable through the bends. Turn-in understeer was moderate and especially noticeable in the higher speed sections. This tune might very well be suited around a bumpy course such as the Ring or Trial Mountain. What a fun but technical old school ride!

Thanks Theo for the great review, great time there too. I did use it to race in Krenkme's room, and the track was Trial Mountain, it was down tuned to 500PP, lots of body roll but very stable on bumpy roads :D

I was worried once that the soft suspension and body roll would give negative feedback, now I am relieved, thanks again 👍

Hi guys , sorry for the late to put my car here . Adam my car is ready but it will not make any deferent it's very slow 1:50.xxx I think .
I can put it on share to the tester can try it .
It's up to you my friend but I can't write it down now . It's almost the same tune of S800 race car in our garage .
Have a good day every one .

This is my car if I can enter it thanks . It's just for fun car and enjoyment ;) :D

HONDA S 800 RSC RACE CAR '68

picture.php

picture.php

-Displacement 845 cc
-Max. Power 133HP / 10500rpm
-Max.Torque 66ft-lb /10500rpm
-Drivetrain FR
-Length 3335 mm
-Width 1400 mm
-Height 1200 mm
-Weight 660 kg F50 R50
-Performance Points 417 PP

SETTINGS :

Parts to buy ;

-Oil change
-Engine Overhaul
-Chassis Maintenance
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-High RPM Range Turbo Kit
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Adjustable LSD
-Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
-Tiers Racing Hard

TUNES ;

Weight Adjustment :
Ballast Amount (kg) : 0
Ballast Position : 20

Power Limiter :
Power Level :100%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Set 1st gear to the left
Set 5th gear to the right
Set Final Gear to 6000
Top Speed - 130 MPH
1st - 3.238
2nd - 2.412
3rd - 1.858
4th - 1.482
5th - 1.261
-Set Final Gear to 4700
-IT Will Give Top Speed Up right 122 MPH

Suspension :
-Ride Height : F -25 R -10
-Spring Rate : F 6.3 R 5.8
-Dampers (EX) : F 5 R 7
-Dampers (com) : F 4 R 5
-Anti Roll Bars : F 2 R 2
-Camber Angle : F 1.0 R 0.5
-Toe Angle : F -0,08 R 0,16

LSD :
Initial Torque : F 0 R 10
Acceleration Sensitivity : F 0 R 15
Braking Sensitivity : F 0 R 8

Aerodynamics
Downforce F 12 R 20

Brake Balance Controller ;
Front 6 Rear 5

ENJOY :dopey:

NOTE:

It can test by controller and wheel
All aids off ABS 1 Manual transmission Grip Real Racing Hard Tires .

THE CAR ON SHARE :D

ND :dopey:

Last edited:
@NEWDRIVER - sorry, but you missed the deadline :(. I will, however, test it and add it in my write up for my testing (which is almost done) :dopey:

I keep forgetting my sheet at home or I'd post my results so far. I will take the time to do that tonight after I run a few more. I believe I'm about half done already.

I'm taking off until Sunday. I'll finish my testing then and post my results. Have a good weekend everyone:tup:

VERY BIG POST ALERT!

Here are my findings with fastest first.

Ugabugaz: 2D – 1:27:925

Comments:
Another 2D, I can see why they’re the popular choice – they’re fast and relatively easy to tune – but this one is different. It’s fast, faster than Praiano’s and Trackrippers 2D’s and the only car in the shootout that went under 1:28 for me.

Why is it better than Praiano’s? Because it doesn’t over-steer on entry, it doesn’t under-steer mid-corner and it doesn’t over-steer on exit as much, because the throttle can go full-on pretty quick because of the three gears, low HP and a lack of power below 3000RPM, so coming out of a corner is easy with this car.

It also has the same sharp corner entry as Lewis’s Ford, but this combined with everything else that allowed it better handling, it managed to become the fastest for me (and I’m not fast).

Praiano: 2D – 1:28.045

Comments:
Back end slips out all too often when braking in anything other than a straight line and wants to slide around most corners, but when entry is not loose, under-steer pushes the car and speed must be reduced in order to exit swiftly from the corner.

In the right hands this could be a drift car, but for me I want to corner without losing the tail, some people like to drive like this, because they can corner better. I don’t, so for my style this doesn’t feel right, but it is still fast. Fastest of all that I tested.

Lewis Hamilton: Ford – 1.28:266

Comments:
Very sharp turn in makes this one of the best for cornering; this is why it’s fast because although there is sometimes over-steer with too much power, it more than makes up for it in the corners. Steady on the throttle is true with this car, as with many of the cars in this shootout, but this rises above the others with its superior cornering. No, it’s not faster than the 2D’s, but nearly.

MotorCityHami: Jaguar – 1:28.490

Comments:
A very nice car to drive – easy on the throttle as always but this is true with most of the cars in this shootout. Very little in the way of surprises – it corners quite well, no over-steer on exit if you roll on the accelerator and stay smooth, and no under-steer either. A car that is easy to drive and it will treat you well if you treat it the same.

Trackripper: 2D – 1:28.527

Comments:
This 2D is much like the rest. You can go hard on the throttle and it won’t bite, you can brake late and still get round the corner, but the biggest problem with this one is it’s reluctance to go round some corners.

Despite this, which slows it down a tad, it can be thrown around the track and will not bite back. You can safely drive it without fear and it will not cause you any stress. This one is the most mild-mannered of the cars in the shootout, but can still go fast.

MrGrado: Jaguar – 1:28.973

Comments:
Much the same as the other Jaguar tune, but with some pretty clear differences. A lot more sensitive to throttle and brake input – will spin out much sooner if too much throttle is applied too quickly, and the back will step out a bit under braking if turning at the same time. Due to there being much lesser grip than the MCH tune, braking needs to be done earlier, and there is often a loss of grip on some corners, but on the last one it causes the car to go too wide.

So the biggest issue with this tune is it’s lesser grip and higher LSD values. Handling otherwise is okay, nothing too scary and it can drive quite well if not pushed too hard round the corners.

Onboy: Ferrari – 1:29.241

Comments:
For a car that I have never been able to master, with any tune I’ve put on it, I was more than pleasantly surprised after driving this Onboy tuned Ferrari. To say that it was fast and followed orders would only be the start. It was sharp on turn-in, but reluctant on exit, but as opposed to the alternative I’d rather have it this way. Very responsive to the throttle and brake, can brake quite late and still get round the corner, but not only that it can take a quick foot on the throttle on exit, you need not go very gentle on the accelerator with this tune.

Not as fast as the Jaguars or the 2D’s or the Ford, but the handling is the best of all the Ferrari’s and this allowed me to get good lap times and still keep it on the track. Plus it also put a smile on my face; it was such an easy well-mannered car to drive, completely unlike my previous experiences with it.

CSLACR: Z28 - 1:30.474

Comments:
Very fast – yet slightly under-steery, if not driven right – underdog of a car.

This car performs a lot better than you’d imagine, considering the cars that it’s up against. Apart from the minor issue of under-steer, caused by me entering corners in too high a gear sometimes, it proves to be as fast as the rest of them. Sharp entry (when done right), no sensitive throttle and no back-end sliding out either, makes for a very well-rounded racer that can compete against actual race cars.

Nothing negative really to be said about this car, it’s handling when done right, is superb.

Johnnypenso: Ferrari – 1:30.485

Comments:
Much different from the Onboy Ferrari – it cornered like Praiano’s 2D, was very sensitive to braking and sometimes, well more often than not, the back end would let go under braking and would slide round the corner. Less under-steer than Onboy’s tune, but more sensitivity in corner entry and exit. Throttle control was more important, but manageable, and didn’t bite half as much as I would have though. I still found it similar to the other Ferrari’s – handling was as expected, but there was just the problem of the back-end slipping out.

One thing I did like though was the transmission, the gears were very close and the top speed was perfect hitting the rev-limiter on the longest straight, so allowed for more acceleration, and it got into 4th gear on some parts before corners, where with Onboy’s and Krenkme’s Ferrari’s this wasn’t the case. And this explains the good lap-time. It was fast, but a few slides lost some time.

Wildheart: Ferrari – 1:30.755

Comments:
All the foibles of the other Ferrari’s are here in this one, yet more pronounced. Stringing together a decent lap proved very difficult, because of the rear sliding out on entry, if this didn’t happen then under-steer mid-corner. Not to mention the possibility of over-steer on exit due to the sensitive throttle or the stock gear ratios which made going round corners in a lower gear slow because it was hitting the rev-limiter, or in a higher gear even slower because of the under-steer.

Despite all that, it wasn’t slow, nor was it fun to drive, either. In the right hands it could be fast, but not in mine.

Krenkme: Ferrari – 1:30.939

Comments:
Handling was similar to Onboy’s tune, but there was a bit more under-steer, not as sharp entering the corner, longer braking time due to the extra weight and more power, and it really didn’t like going down into 1st gear, it would have been a nice car to drive were it not for the noise of the needle bouncing off the rev limiter constantly whenever I shifted down into 1st gear to enter a corner and sometimes when I was exiting a corner.

Despite having more BHP than Onboy’s tune it still didn’t relate to faster lap-times because of the extra braking time and the more pronounced under-steer. Which is unfortunate, because again this car handled really well, and I didn’t feel like I had to be gentle with it.

Desperado: Dodge – 1:31.174

Comments:
Same as the other Dodge, but somewhat more pronounced where the under-steer was concerned. Required a bit more attention in that concern – some back-end slippage also under braking, but minor, and some over-steer when a bit too hard on the throttle, but this was uncommon also.

I got a slightly faster lap-time because I pushed it a bit more than the other Dodge, but was equally competent in that department. Was originally slower than the other under initial testing, but after working on the other one, I understood exactly how to drive it for best lap-times.

Orido: Z28 – 1:31.412

Comments:
Much like the Dodge’s and the other Camaro, though not as fast as the latter – had to be handled just right on the throttle, and to prevent under-steer a lower gear had to be selected, even if it did sometimes bounce off the rev limiter it made for faster cornering on the slower corners. One downside was a bit of a loose rear end sometimes under braking when entering corners. But this was easily smoothed out and didn’t happen too often with the right level of control – if I was at the right speed/in the right gear on entry into a corner this was never a problem.

It was just not as fast as CSLACR’s Camaro.

Theo777: Dodge – 1:31.635

Comments:
A very nice car, with a very nice engine sound – it reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to play air-machine guns and made the same noise with my lips when I was firing my pretend gun – but one major downside. Under-steer is something that just doesn’t want to go away no matter how slowly you go round a corner, it will appear on the next corner, or the next. I found a way of dealing with it, though, and that was to just go down a gear – take corners that I would usually take in 2nd, in 1st gear and it solved most of the under-steer problem and began to show some promise.

Nothing else wrong with the car, the handling once used to its tendency to under-steer mid-corner and was overcame with technique, proved very comfortable. Not the fastest of the American muscle represented here, but it pulled its weight.

VTiRoj: Alfa – 1:38.070

Comments:
A very easy-going car to drive, very neutral when driven to the limit, but has a tendency to go onto two wheels when you hit a kerb too fast. This only adds to the fun of driving this beautiful Italian maiden. Less temperamental a woman than ever I’ve found, but she’s not likely to bite like her more powerful sisters.

There were odd occasions were the back end slid ever so slightly, but was not enough to require correction and it only happened when going too fast into a corner and trail braking, so not an issue, more of an advantage if you want faster lap times with this car.

Lap time was the best I could do, and is no real estimation of her calibre, but I didn’t really think about that when driving this classic beauty – she was too enjoyable to just drive for that to matter much.

Read from this what you will, any complaints please let me know, but I'm not the fastest driver around, I'm maybe not even average, so these times do not speak of the full potential of these cars, I was more testing on their drivability and lap times came second.

Cheers for the comments :) I feel like I succeeded in what I set out to do really, make a very easy to drive, controllable tune. Didn't expect it to be the fastest, not with competition like this, and krenkme did tell me there were slight understeer issues, but for a blind tune, I'm happy. :lol:

Hmmm…well, I'm pleasantly surprised that you were pleasantly surprised with the Ferrari, iain. 👍 I honestly thought I'd only hear complaints about how touchy the car was and how it would either just push wide or kick out, glad to see that wasn't the case. And don't worry about the time, it took me ages to get it anywhere near cracking the 29s, so you're plenty quick enough.

VERY BIG POST ALERT!

Here are my findings with fastest first.

Read from this what you will, any complaints please let me know, but I'm not the fastest driver around, I'm maybe not even average, so these times do not speak of the full potential of these cars, I was more testing on their drivability and lap times came second.

Thanks for the test. Yes i know, one more time i did a sharp tune, not so sharp this time. For me ,this is the faster way i've found to go around this track, i'm almost 1/2 second faster with my car than with the Ugabugaz one that i've tested also recently.
You need to use this rear slide under brake but not too much, to point the right direction and full gaz again. With a G27 pedal and wheel it's not very hard to do, but not so easy too.:scared:
Nice feedback, congrat again to you and ugabugaz for the really nice balanced tune.

Okay, sorry again for not being around this shootout as much as I should be. (not making excuses, just alot going on in and around my life... back on track soon :nervous: I hope).

All testing has been linked. Thank you very much iainoflo85, and biffa3 for finishing (send my the car request you'd like for your troubles :D). And I also have a link to Theo777 start to testing as well.

Added Johnnypenso to the testies and finally linked Onboys tune to the second post :banghead:.

As for my testing, I tried a few nights ago, but the PSN was down. I'll try to finish it up very soon. Some good fun cars in this bunch :tup

.... Oh, and the Alfa is no longer a Taco :P. Have a great day everyone! :dopey:

Testing results updated: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8011983#post8011983

All that remains is to test that fleet of Ferrari racecars and maybe an unofficial test of that bright yellow Honda. 👍

Landing? Is it catching that much air? :dopey:

Well, during one or two laps I did find myself completely air-born due to a very aggressive line through the chicane. Mostly driver error positioned me to be a bit sideways during landing. That error only cost about one and half seconds compared to that best lap. :dunce:

FITT - Clueless Classic Shootout
Track: Nurburgring GP/D
Restrictions: 615pp, Racing Hard Tires
Test Driver: Theo777 (PSN: Zigatan)

Testing Details: Tests were conducted with five laps around track using the offline A-Spec Free Run mode. The quickest green lap time was recorded. Game settings include TCS off, ABS 1, Fuel/Damage off, Grip Real, and Controller Sensitivity 4. These tests were conducted using the Dualshock 3 controller and all testing was conducted after the release of update 2.10.

Testing Results

Praiano63 – Chaparral 2D Race Car ‘67
Lap: 01:25.892
Very nice grip and mild drifts highlight this tune. First gear is long and requires that the engine speed needs to be maintained for brisk acceleration. Using a very mild drift entering a few of the turns similar to the RM muscles cars yielded the quickest laps. The technical aspect to the car is finding the right speed and balance to exit a turn quickly. The stopping power was the strongest on any tune this competition but I did notice a tendency for the front end to wander a small amount. While the tune required a fairly technical driving manner, it was also very quick when it all came together.

Very nice Theo, you've got it , this is the faster way to drive on this track with this car. Well described....👍:)
Thanks for your time.

Trackripper123 (Hosted by Krenkme) – Chaparral 2D Race Car ‘67
Lap: 01:26.814
As with the other two Chaparral tunes; this was a quick car with very good grip. An extremely long first gear allowed for clean corner exits without fear of the rear tires breaking free. The downside to the long gearing was a slight drop in acceleration when compared to the other two Chaparral tunes. The brakes were very strong and the car exhibited great balance while slowing for each turn. This was the easiest of the three to drive and still put down a great lap. Nice tune!

That's objective accomplished I'd say. :lol: Thanks for testing Theo, great feedback from you as always. :)

Ya gotta love the sound of these classic cars! First of all thanks to krenkme for putting this shootout together. And thanks to the tuners for some really fun submissions. Unlike other shootouts, I don’t think there was a car in the bunch that I didn’t enjoy.

It turns out that there were really two distinctly different groups of cars present - small & fast or big & slower. Unfortunately the bigger and slower cars simply couldn’t keep up, especially on this track. That didn’t make them any less fun to drive.

For me the story of this shootout on this track was understeer. Because of all the sharp hairpins on this course, the tuners that were able to tame the understeer and focus on the car’s cornering ended up with the fastest tunes. Sometimes I think this was more the car than the tuner, but it had an impact on the lap times nonetheless.

In any case, here are my results:

Ugabugaz - 1:26.618 (Chaparral 2D Race Car ’67)

This tune was awesome! I thought it had perfect balance and suspension for this track. I was really able to control this car better than any other, and it was the only one I got under 1:26 as a result There’s really nothing at all negative I can say about this tune. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Praiano63 – 1:27.254 (Chapparal 2D Race Car ’67)

My first reaction to this car was that it was a little squirrelly but had amazing turn-in. I didn’t truly realize how amazing until I drove a few laps. That combined with the softer suspension allows for a more sweeping, drifty line through the slow corners to maintain higher speed, and I was able to get a good time with it. Smooth inputs will result in smooth, fast drive.

MotorCityHami – 1:27.277 (Jaguar XJ13 Race Car ’66)

Hami, I always enjoy your tunes and this one was no exception. It was very well-balanced and had very consistent handling as I’ve come to expect. Because of this it only took a few laps to get the best time my skills could muster. Not quite as fast as the Chapparal, but I think that’s more the car than the tune. Great job, and very enjoyable!

Lewis_hamilton - 1:27.494 (Ford Mark IV ’67)

This car had excellent balance. The suspension was not too loose, not to tight. Very easy and enjoyable to drive, and I was able to get a fairly decent time with it. My only nitpick is that 2nd could have been a bit longer. Also, I red-lined in 4th a couple times and wonder if a slight transmission tweak would have yielded an even better time and made it more competitive for the top spot.

Trackripper – 1:27.968 (Chapparal 2D Race Car ’67)

Very nice tune. The suspension was not quite as soft as Praiano’s so it was a bit easier to control. Once I got used to the slight mid-corner understeer I was really able to make this car move by gliding through the corners. Not sure what made it just a tad slower than the other 2D’s but it could be that aspect.

MrGrado -1:28.014 (Jaguar XJ13 Race Car ’66)

This car is a super quick and agile little rocket. Very fun to drive and zip around the course in. Just a little understeer which might have made it a bit slower, but no real complaints. Good job.

Onboy123 – 1:28.190 (Ferrari 330 P4 ’67)

I’m not sure if this ended up being an official entry or not but I tested it anyway. I found it very easy to drive. It felt like I should be able to go faster, but it was still faster than the other P4's

Johnnyprenso – 1:29.060 (Ferrari 330 P4 ’67)

This car had great balance. It had a very smooth feel and I didn’t get some of the understeer I had with others. I’m not sure why the time isn’t more competitive, maybe not quite enough juice. Not sure, but I did enjoy the tune.

Wildheart90 - 1:29.343 (Ferrari 330 P4 ’67)

This car was overall enjoyable but a little frustrating, and I can’t quite put my finger on why. The gearing was definitely unconventional. There was a bit of a stiffness in the suspension and mid-corner understeer. Maybe it was just a feeling that the car wasn’t reaching its potential, or maybe it’s just me. (Probably the latter)

CSLACR – 1:29.463 (Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ’69)

Very nice balance and gearing. The suspension was a little stiff resulting in understeer both on corner entry and mid-corner, but I attribute this more to the car itself. I was able to work around by braking earlier but it still limits speed through corners. And still it was the fastest for me in the “big & slower” group by a full second.

Krenkme – 1:29.676 (Ferrari 330 P4 ’67)

This car had very tight handling, making it easy to control. It may have been bit too tight perhaps, as the fairly pronounced understeer resulted in not being able carry as much speed through corners and a little slower than the other P4's. Still fun to drive.

Ridox2JGTE – 1:30.383 (Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ’69)

Great handling for a “big” car, very smooth. Lots of acceleration – I had to be careful not to gun it too much. Still suffered from the lack of agility of all of the larger entries. It would be interesting to compare these cars on a different track with fewer hairpins.

Theo777 - 1:30.640 (Dodge Challenger R/T RM ’70)

Overall this was a very nice drive as well. No complaints other than the seemingly inevitable understeer issue with the larger entries.

XDesperado67 – 1:30.951 (Dodge Challenger R/T RM ’70)

This car has a great engine sound… just a beast! And I love the color. Not the fastest, but definitely a blast to the past and fun to drive.

VTiRoj – 1:37.882 (Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata ’65)

What can I say about this entry? Fish out of water seems most appropriate. Generally I love the classic Alfa, but coming in at only 562pp it was simply underpowered compared to the rest of the field. The handling was fine except the suspension was a bit too low and I kept going on 2 wheels if I hit one of the burms… made for a more adventuresome drive though.

Amazing group of cars. All fun and enjoyable in their own right. I can tell you this, whenever I feel the need for driving enjoyment, these are the cars I will drive. :cheers:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I headed to the track with some of the most expensive cars in the game. Was I worried? No it's just a game, but I was overcome with joy (I might have had to excuse myself from testing a time or two because I got "overly excited" :lol: )

Thank you all for being a part of this Shootout, and for making some great tunes, and some fine testing. I had a lot of fun :dopey:...
... and now the times :D

Each car was tested using a DS3 controller (L3 used for stearing R3 for gas and brake) and an AT transmission... and old man fingers :dopey:

TIMES

praiano63 - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67 - 1:28.902

Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67 - 1:29.361

Trackripper123 - Chaparral 2D Race Car '67 (Shared by krenkme) - 1:29.821

Motor City Hami - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 - 1:29.963

MrGrado - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 - 1:30.016

Onboy123 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 1:30.542

Lewis_Hamilton_ - Ford Mark IV '67 - 1:30.615

Johnnypenso - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 1:30.666

krenkme - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 1:30.683

wildheart90 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 1:30.725

Ridox2JGTE - Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RM '69 - 1:30.995

Theo777 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70 - 1:31.459

CSLACR - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69 - 1:31.464

XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70 - 1:31.860

VTiRoj - Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zang. '65 - 1:38.120

NEWDRIVER2 - :( :( :( UNOFFICIAL CAR :( :( :(...not on share :( :( :(

Feed back and notes to come.

Thanks again everyone :dopey:

Total of seconds after 4 testers..... so close, hard battle till the end.👍

praiano63 - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67 = 437,005

Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67 = 437,059

Nice test Krenkme, thanks for the time spent on it.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
VTiRoj – 1:37.882 (Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata ’65)

What can I say about this entry? Fish out of water seems most appropriate. Generally I love the classic Alfa, but coming in at only 562pp it was simply underpowered compared to the rest of the field. The handling was fine except the suspension was a bit too low and I kept going on 2 wheels if I hit one of the burms… made for a more adventuresome drive though.
The 2-wheeling is from the stiffness of the suspension combined with the featherweight body. I should've made it softer but then it wouldn't feel as go-karty. :dopey:

Also it only has 520-oddPP now. :lol: I'd change the post to reflect that but I don't want to cause any misunderstandings. I'll do it after the shootout.

Thanks testers! 👍

NEWDRIVER2 - :( :( :( UNOFFICIAL CAR :( :( :(...not on share :( :( :(

I tested it unofficially and placed one of my Honda on share that has ~3k miles and using ND's settings.

Newdriver02 - Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68
Lap: 1:47.785
The Honda is not bad around the performance limit and the engine really loves to be redlined. The small tires lower grip become more noticeable as the car is pushed and slight understeer occurs. I could occasional match the cornering speeds of some much higher performance vintage racecars. A great handling, nicely balanced, and extremely Clueless racecar. :dopey:

Back