GTP Nascar Nationwide Series - Series Champion: Spurgy 777

• Thread starter Müle
  • 578 comments

Which tire compound do you want to use for the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Because I don't want to race on them, NASCAR does not race on a treaded tire.

I wanted to run on Racing Hard tires. Racing hards clearly weren't going to win at the time I voted, so I felt my vote was better spent on Racing Medium tires, which still had a chance to win out. Now, I would rather change my vote, so I can watch SS tires win with less votes than racing tires.

Ford Racing final line up:

Best Buy #43 - Ganon (Superspeedway events), RFLXWidowmaker (others)
Insignia #43 - Jammy (All races)
Aflac #99 - Chrisjohnson93 (All races)

Reserve - Furinkazen, Stormtrooper.

Thanks, Furi. :D:tup:

Because I don't want to race on them, NASCAR does not race on a treaded tire.

I wanted to run on Racing Hard tires. Racing hards clearly weren't going to win at the time I voted, so I felt my vote was better spent on Racing Medium tires, which still had a chance to win out. Now, I would rather change my vote, so I can watch SS tires win with less votes than racing tires.

Sports Soft is just a name quite honestly. We just have to go with what works best...

RedPartyhat
Sports Soft is just a name quite honestly. We just have to go with what works best...

Yeah I hear you, we all know that racing tyres on this game are much grippier than they would be IRL anyway, so the fact SS are treaded is a non issue.

Carbonox
This is turning out to be a big time NASCAR All-Star series.

This should probably just be renamed as the next season of Sprint Cup, since it's the only series running this season. The entries could certainly justify it. Just tweak the schedule (add a Chase) and go.

Like RPH said, "sport" "racing" and "comfort" are just names.

IRL, RH would have far more grip than SS.

I'll find it when I get home, but some guy did some testing and found that every tire in the game increases grip buy the same increment.

And on replays and photos and stuff, the NASCARs keep the same tire regardless of whether you have comfort hards or racing softs. The choice of tire is purely about game physics.

MustangRyan
This should probably just be renamed as the next season of Sprint Cup, since it's the only series running this season. The entries could certainly justify it. Just tweak the schedule (add a Chase) and go.

I see what your saying but I say keep it as is n maybe just change the title to Sprint Cup "Under new management and new start time", etc. I don't think the chase format works well since a lot of potential drivers were detered from the long schedule length. But if there was a chase, I wouldn't object to it. I just don't know if I personally would race in the chase.

As my son grows older, my time becomes too little n very valueable. I know u have a child too Ryan. But they grow quick n you will soon start to see what I mean. Its like it becomes, do I hang out with this awesome little guy or race? And that's when racing seems a little less important in the bigger picture. See my free time is mostly during the week at night. And I know that doesn't work well with others here in this group, so I go out of my way to be here. So I really don't think an extended season (chase races) will fit my bill.

That's what I've been trying to get at. No time to test the new settings and tyres, to get a strategy in place.

Might as well make it lucky dip.

Wasn't this season supposed to be just a bit of fun between Sprint Cup seasons? Everybody calm the hell down. I just wanna turn up Saturday nights to have a race and a laugh, dont have time for all this agro and everyone taking it so seriously, 'must win championship at all costs' etc. I couldn't care less who wins.

Almost think this would be more fun as a season without teams.

No agro Tom. I would just like to know what tyres are going to be used in 7 hours time. Nothing more nothing less.

No agro Tom. I would just like to know what tyres are going to be used in 7 hours time. Nothing more nothing less.

It was just a general dig at how everybody seems to be taking this so seriously, I'm not pointing fingers at anybody.

If I really wanted to, I could have just said Sport Softs from the start. But I saw the advantages and disadvantages of the other options, and knew some people (mainly Drop) didn't want to use them, so I put it up to a vote. The intention was simply to pick one, shut up, carry on, then on the day of the race the one with the most votes would be picked.

Remember that this is supposed to be fun. Not serious. Fun. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter which tire we use. We can have fun on any of them.

So basically:

SS: Akmuq, jammy21, MÜLE_9242, neljack, Niop, RedPartyhat, Stormtrooper217, The Widowmaker, Tom. (8/9)

Stormtrooper isn't on a team yet (I don't think), but has shown interest and has posted semi-regularly.

RH: chrisjohnson93, Furinkazen, kenkwilinski, MustangRyan (4)

Crazy and Drop both asked for their votes to be changed to RH.

RM: Adrenaline, D4LVY, DrifterJoe, Ganon83, gokartman78, Knelly, smuffyatfcp, Spurgy 777 (8)

Adrenaline doesn't have a ride, and has shown no interest, and has 0 posts in this thread. He has said before that he does not want to race. His vote should not count. That makes 7. Even if we count his vote, then we have to count Stormtroopers, which means that SS wins.

not going to be able to make it tonight guys, family have come over uninvited, to celebrate my birthday. It's funny because when I said I had plans on saturday, which included racing then heading into town for the night. But now both are scuppered because my parents think they know what I want to do. Oh well, gotta love family.....See you guys at the opener next time round

MÜLE_9242;8103358
Stormtrooper isn't on a team yet (I don't think), but has shown interest and has posted semi-regularly.

I'm a reserve for Ford Racing.

Unfortunately, I won't be attending Pre-Season as I have another series to run (GTP Rallycross).

Spurgy 777
Room will probably be open soon, and quali starts a 5.40 according to the OP :)

Cheers fella, PM me the setup? Plus, what cars are you and Dave using tonight?

Cheers fella, PM me the setup? Plus, what cars are you and Dave using tonight?

Yep, will do when I get back on GT5, and I think I'm using the #11, and you have the #20, forgotten when Dave has, I think it's #18 or something.

Spurgy 777
Yep, will do when I get back on GT5, and I think I'm using the #11, and you have the #20, forgotten when Dave has, I think it's #18 or something.

Sweet, I was planning on having the 20.

Fun race, everyone in the room could hold a line and I've got some great team mates just like last season. Cheers guys 👍

Awesome work boys, all three of you.

Great team work. 👍

Fk, now I know what it's like as a Crew Chief. My heart was pounding last 10 laps.

Good win Tom :)

I was dumb and pulled out way too soon. got hung out to dry, and subsequently spun myself off of Niop's bumper trying to pull down.

Latest Posts

Back