GTP Nascar Nationwide Series - Series Champion: Spurgy 777

• Thread starter Müle
  • 578 comments

Which tire compound do you want to use for the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MÜLE_9242
Good win Tom :)

I was dumb and pulled out way too soon. got hung out to dry, and subsequently spun myself off of Niop's bumper trying to pull down.

Sorry Mule, but I was comfy in top 5 there n that's where I wanted to be to make my move on last lap. So when u pulled out I really did not want to follow. And at the time I also thought u had got loose.

So I had to make a split second decision whether I would let u in, get behind u, or stay in line where I really wanted to be. I choose what fit my plan best at the moment since we didn't have any team strategy pre-race. I'm just upset it didn't work for u n I feel guilty of letting u down. And to top it off u were spun around which didn't help the situation either. But that's racing at 'Tona I guess. I hope no hard feelings?

Good race over all n lots of fun. Good group this season too, I might add. And Mule, let's get on board with a solid strategy for next week too. We have a few options I believe that'll work out great for us.

MÜLE, why am I not included in the OP? I said I was a Red Bull reserve :irked:

And maybe something about only joining if you type NASCAR in the thread title

It was an awesome race to watch guys. Everyone raced properly, hard and eager. Even Chris, letting groups past without any drama. Well done Chris.

Great to watch a successful claw back from the second group. Starting with two and building the train.

No stop required conservation, and it looked like the tyres were very squirrelly last 10 or so. Next week should be interesting strategy wise.

Congrats to Tom, and awesome work Spurgy and Dave 👍

Since I wasn't there, could anyone give me a rundown on what happened? :)

Since I wasn't there, could anyone give me a rundown on what happened? :)

Basically, my pedals came unplugged early on, slamming on the brakes and splitting the field into two groups. The second group caught up to the first and it was single file for quite a while, then towards then end a couple of people wrecked leaving a 5/6 car group up front :)

It was fun and really enjoy the race at least as long as it last for me :(

Sorry for the incident but i had to leave car on the grass in hurry because my kid was eating some candy and it went wrong throat and she almoust choked.

Basically, my pedals came unplugged early on, slamming on the brakes and splitting the field into two groups. The second group caught up to the first and it was single file for quite a while, then towards then end a couple of people wrecked leaving a 5/6 car group up front :)

I don't even have a wheel and pedals and I know how that must feel. :grumpy:

They really do that if unplugged? I'd have somewhat expected that you'll only start coasting when that happens. :confused:

I don't even have a wheel and pedals and I know how that must feel. :grumpy:

It's alright, got an awesome team with me who dropped back and helped, and we ended up getting a 1-2-5 finish :)

@Carb, yeh, for some reason when they come out they put the brakes fully in, I don't really know why :(

It's alright, got an awesome team with me who dropped back and helped, and we ended up getting a 1-2-5 finish :)

@Carb, yeh, for some reason when they come out they put the brakes fully in, I don't really know why :(

Well good thing that didn't happen to you at Trucks when I (and later RPH) was pushing you lol.

Carbonox
Well good thing that didn't happen to you at Trucks when I (and later RPH) was pushing you lol.

Yeh, I check I quite often and it usually takes a while to work its way out, but today it didn't take long at all :(

For me all that keeps going off randomly is still my modem... :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it doesn't shut off every 10 minutes like it did earlier in the week.

smuffyatfcp
Get a G27 and those issues will be solved :D

That’s if you have £200 to spend lol

I don't :lol: although I think my pedals are dying, my throttle struggles to go on 100% and my brakes flick on every other corner :(

I don't :lol: although I think my pedals are dying, my throttle struggles to go on 100% and my brakes flick on every other corner :(

What a shame :lol:

Have you tried cleaning them? Dust can make the censor in the pedal box go funny

smuffyatfcp
What a shame :lol:

Have you tried cleaning them? Dust can make the censor in the pedal box go funny

I don't want to take them apart to clean them properly, but I do stick a hoover under the pedals every now and then.

No idea, I've had it under a year, that's all I know :lol: but knowing me ill lose everything if I take it apart :)

Honestly, there are two things you can loose from those pedals; it’s the two springs that make the resistance.

Just undo the 5 or 6 screws, remove the back plate and hoover away. 👍

smuffyatfcp
Honestly, there are two things you can loose from those pedals; it’s the two springs that make the resistance.

Just undo the 5 or 6 screws, remove the back plate and hoover away. 👍

Will do tomorrow :)

smuffyatfcp
]

Here’s a vid if needed. You could also mod the pedals so it has more pressure, so you can be better on the brakes 👍 :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbqXu-uLKY">YouTube Link</a>

today was just a learning experience for me, just getting used to the car and how the car behaves, bit gutted that i lost the lap but gave spurgy a scare at the end

So it looks like 2 different pit strategies will be available next Saturday. Going to be interesting to see how it plays out, especially with (i'm assuming) a fuller grid.

Where actually was everyone else on Saturday?

Still, even though I'm aware it was only preseason the race felt a lot more laidback and fun than I dare-say we're all used to. The Sprint Cup is great but I used to be so in the zone and focused on winning that I didn't sit back and enjoy it.

Back