GTP Nascar Nationwide Series - Series Champion: Spurgy 777

• Thread starter Müle
  • 578 comments

Which tire compound do you want to use for the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tom.
Where actually was everyone else on Saturday?

Still, even though I'm aware it was only preseason the race felt a lot more laidback and fun than I dare-say we're all used to. The Sprint Cup is great but I used to be so in the zone and focused on winning that I didn't sit back and enjoy it.

Its all about fun, I think patience and respect goes a long way more than being diehard n cut throat to win. I always sit back and enjoy till the final laps when everyone starts making their moves. This is how it should be. You can't win on lap one, unless there's a wreck which is unfortunate n just not fun.

If anyone is still looking for a permanent seat, talk to Mule about the 48 car. It looks doubtful that I'll be able to commit all of my Saturday afternoons to this full time. This was supposed to be something I could drop in and race when I had time, hoping to push Crazy to his first win or two this season.

With my original assumption that the Sprint Cup would run and that the Nationwide would have smaller grids than ever before (and probably a few empty seats), I was looking very forward to a laid-back season where there was no pressure to attend every race.

With the Sprint Cup now canceled and everyone coming here to race instead, the situation clearly isn't what I signed up for, and it isn't fair to my owner or my teammates for me to be part time, when it's clear they need a full time driver if they want any chance to compete week-to-week. Every other team is now full and trying to line up part time drivers as reserves. Let one of these guys run the 48 car every week so that HMS has a chance to run for wins.

If anyone is still looking for a permanent seat, talk to Mule about the 48 car. It looks doubtful that I'll be able to commit all of my Saturday afternoons to this full time. This was supposed to be something I could drop in and race when I had time, hoping to push Crazy to his first win or two this season.

With my original assumption that the Sprint Cup would run and that the Nationwide would have smaller grids than ever before (and probably a few empty seats), I was looking very forward to a laid-back season where there was no pressure to attend every race.

With the Sprint Cup now canceled and everyone coming here to race instead, the situation clearly isn't what I signed up for, and it isn't fair to my owner or my teammates for me to be part time, when it's clear they need a full time driver if they want any chance to compete week-to-week. Every other team is now full and trying to line up part time drivers as reserves. Let one of these guys run the 48 car every week so that HMS has a chance to run for wins.

Funny how you stole those words right off my mouth. I was supposed to be full time too in one of RPH's Red Bulls, but now that the series has been completely filled up with SC guys (to be fair, I think this should rather be called NASCAR Sprint Cup than Nationwide) I have quickly lost my interest to compete full time.

As a matter of fact though, I will be able to enter the season opener at Daytona according to RPH.

But it's still NW, races are NW length, all is set, just leave it as it is...

But it's still NW, races are NW length, all is set, just leave it as it is...

Yeah, making it the Cup would just result in people taking it more seriously which isn't the idea. Just because there's a lot of talent here, doesn't mean the series can't be laidback.

Just going to throw this out here, is there any chance that Laguna/Spa date could be swapped with HSR or SuzE? I can't make April 6th and it would be a shame to miss the one decent road course of the season, so thought I'd ask :)

one of the good things is that nationwide drivers can see if they are good enough to do well in sprint cup when the next season comes around

There must be a fair balance between "Competitiveness" and "Laid back-ness"!!
Then and only then can we all prosper as a GT5 race series. Without the balance, there is only chaos!:scared:

eerrmm. there may be a problem with the #14's that was picked up the other day. Just found this thread on it https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267393&highlight=NASCAR&page=2.

Me and joe were running round daytona doing a bit of practice, and his 2011 was 4 tenths slower than my 2010. We switched and I was then 4 tenths off of him.
I know previous SGR dealt with it in the past, but in the past it was 2 cars in a team, so you could use the #42 (quicker than the 2011 #42) and the 2010 # 42, but now one of our team will have to use it, and they have absoluteness no chance of getting off the back row at daytona.

But we had to discover and deal with that a couple of seasons ago :sly:

Price you pay for choosing SGR, but we got a Championship Title with them :)

Challenge On :gtpflag:

Last edited:
But we had to discover and deal with that a couple of seasons ago :sly:

Price you pay for choosing SGR, but we got a Championship Title with them :)

Challenge On :gtpflag:

We'll have to throw our championship contender in the fastest SGR car then.

2010 #14 is the fastest at Daytona, 2010 #42 is a tenth and a half slower than that, 2011 #42 is half a tenth behind that, and the 2011 #14 is a further tenth and a half behind that.

Of those cars, the only one worn in was the 2011 #14...

We'll have to throw our championship contender in the fastest SGR car then.

2010 #14 is the fastest at Daytona, 2010 #42 is a tenth and a half slower than that, 2011 #42 is half a tenth behind that, and the 2011 #14 is a further tenth and a half behind that.

Of those cars, the only one worn in was the 2011 #14...

Having to play your card early with the title eh :)

Having to play your card early with the title eh :)

Yep ;)

There's a small difference in the Red Bull cars too, but the faster one is a bit more unstable, so it mostly evens out. Haven't tested Ford, JGR or Hendrick.

I say just use the faster car like Red Bull does. Just put 3 2010s on the field. Just to keep it fair.

Disagree. Then Red Bull will also run the same car, and there will be too many of the same car in track.

Personally, I like to know who I'm racing close to by a glimpse of their car, rather than looking for the name. Less of a distraction.

If that happens we might as well find our faster car, and all run that!

And you can't guarantee that Ganon :lol:

Personally, I like to know who I'm racing close to by a glimpse of their car, rather than looking for the name. Less of a distraction.
Well I think that is something that should be sacrificed so every car is fair and even.

I'll reply to everything when I get home from work and on a computer. Was going to make a post now but then a bunch of new stuff came up recently obviously.

Can't really see how a car can be faster :confused:. It’s a long race, anything can happen. Plus you were assigned a car at the start of the season. So changing to a different car for 1 race is just pointless.

Well I think that is something that should be sacrificed so every car is fair and even.

Because it's believed that the 2011 #83 is the fastest car? :sly:

I think it all evens itself out with team work and strategy anyway.

Said my piece :)

3 SGRs bump drafting at Daytona will never catch 3 Hendricks bump drafting. And it is even more of a factor at tracks like Motegi and road courses. There is a reason that Matty finished 2 laps down at the Motegi 300 last season even though he had the exact same setup as me in the 2010 and then won a Motegi race later in the season when he used the 2011. How can we honestly just dismiss the issue of a car having a .400 lap time time difference?

GT5 draft > all of this talk about cars.

Is that why you lost the pack after 12 laps at Motegi?

Maybe just allow any of your team's cars for quali but your designated car for race? I don't really mind, I don't think I'll be going for the championship.:)

Latest Posts

Back