<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will know by the end of today hopefully. If not, tomorrow.

How much weight you thinking? And what are you judging it by?

VW & Mazda dominated monza so are they going to get a chop aswell

Last edited:
Either 50 or 100, because skeng has told me 50 could make it faster.

Mazda I'm not sure about, having none running at Laguna hasn't helped, and same with VW. If anything, the VW would go down in weight instead of up.

I have been using a controller with a rusty analogue that scrapes off some plastic inside the controller, and automatic gears. :crazy:

Am I at a disadvantage for using a controller (not considering it's state) & auto instead of manual?
is anyone else here using a controller or is it just me? :nervous: lol

I have been using a controller with a rusty analogue that scrapes off some plastic inside the controller, and automatic gears. :crazy:

Am I at a disadvantage for using a controller (not considering it's state) & auto instead of manual?
is anyone else here using a controller or is it just me? :nervous: lol

I use controller and auto gears. Never done me any harm.

@rolo...50-100kg really???

It would be likely, if it happens. Anything smaller won't make a lot of difference.

It would be likely, if it happens. Anything smaller won't make a lot of difference.

so the vw & mazda dominate at monza and the vw gets a weight drop, then the next week the integra dominates and it gets 100kg extra...rant over :banghead:

The VW will always troll at Monza - it has good top-end performance and that's why it was up the front. It probably will be at Sarthe too for the same reasons. Stick it on some of the twistier stuff however, and I don't think it will be troubling the Top 5 without a great driver performance. Ask PaulMac.

Mazda I'm not sure about yet, as I said. I don't think that will be too good on the twistier stuff either. I think the Mazda is fine, in all honesty.

The VW will always troll at Monza - it has good top-end performance and that's why it was up the front. It probably will be at Sarthe too for the same reasons. Stick it on some of the twistier stuff however, and I don't think it will be troubling the Top 5 without a great driver performance. Ask PaulMac.

Mazda I'm not sure about yet, as I said. I don't think that will be too good on the twistier stuff either. I think the Mazda is fine, in all honesty.

Pmac did say about only doing a 20kg drop or gain on both cars.

I know what you're referring to, but I still don't think it will have any effect.

Do some running, give me figures.

I know what you're referring to, but I still don't think it will have any effect.

Do some running, give me figures.

But I could just lie (not saying I would) surely you need to test for your own views.

Ill have some test results later , vw test results will come another day because i dont have one fully broken in .

I do think the mazda and hondas need to be left as is for now , the only car which possibly needs change is the vw .

We cant expect all cars to be equal at all tracks , the mazda was about 1 second faster at monza compared to the integra . If the integra is 1 sec faster at laguna compared to the mazda then it could just be the track .

One thing i am confident in saying is that all the hondas are more or less the same . I ran some quick laps with all 3 hondas today and got all into the 33 9s at laguna within 3 flying laps .

Before the season began i was slower than weezy in the alfa and i had to find a new tune with the honda to get me the extra time .

I use controller and auto gears. Never done me any harm.

Ive done a few more laps of Laguna just now with Manual and my best is 1.34.4!!!
yesterday my best was 1.36....

The focus struggles getting out of the corner with auto cus it hitts the limiter for about 2secs, Manual has really helped, I think you should give manual a go rolo if u haven't, u may go quicker 👍

I've also gone back to my old setup and I did a 1.48.8 around Fuji GT, is that good, what times are people getting?

Gedi69
But I could just lie (not saying I would) surely you need to test for your own views.

In my tests the cars basically level out to 1 or 2 tenths of a second (on average across tracks). But, different horses, different courses... as skeng says, he's found time with a good tune, which I can't really penalise.

As you'd understand gedi, this is the dilemma for a series host!

The focus struggles getting out of the corner with auto cus it hitts the limiter for about 2secs, Manual has really helped, I think you should give manual a go rolo if u haven't, u may go quicker 👍

I'd go a lot slower initially as I grow accustomed to it. I find I'm usually up there on the pace, but you may be right.

Last edited:
It may just be coz Skeng is a fast driver rather than the integra being too quick. My best round Laguna in free run was a 1:33.9xx. I reckon if i was running aero i would have ben able to match his pace....i was losing time through some of the corners.

@ sibbystiggy; My best round Fuji GT was a 1:47.7xx.

Thing is Rolo VW needs a little help but 50kgs is simply too much 20-30 would be about right. It'll make braking easier and help corning a bit too.

Results from Laguna Seca:

Race 1:

1. skengdigi (warning)
2. hurleyman24
3. gedi69
4. Weezy_7
5. mosendtner
6. rolo912011
7. Scaniabebe
8. karsten_beoulve
DNF. acelera
DNF. F1_King_GT

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:33.793
Lap Leaders: karsten_beoulve, gedi69, skengdigi

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. Weezy_7
3. hurleyman24
4. gedi69
5. rolo912011
6. mosendtner
7. Scaniabebe
8. karsten_beoulve

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:33.674
Lap Leaders: skengdigi, hurleyman24
Pole Position: skengdigi

Race 3:

1. skengdigi
2. gedi69
3. Weezy_7
4. Scaniabebe
5. mosendtner
6. rolo912011
7. TheOldStig
8. karsten_beoulve
DNF. hurleyman24

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:34.125
Lap Leaders: TheOldStig (karsten illegal pass Lap 1 at Corkscrew), karsten_beoulve, Scaniabebe, mosendtner, skengdigi

---------​

Points and Race 1 grid for Fuji GT up in post #2. 👍

Any appeals must be made within the next 24 hours. Please PM me if you want to appeal your penalty/penalties, or have them explained to you.

Last edited:
Ouch, HSR are already almost 100 points behind the leading team?!
Think we have some work to do...

Ouch, HSR are already almost 100 points behind the leading team?!
Think we have some work to do...

Your close to 2nd though , its a close field this season .

Fuji will be a very close race i think

Hi, i would like to give this a shot, gimme one Scirocco please. :) Independent driver, but if someone would like to team up, i'd have no problem with that.👍

4th, 2nd and 3rd, good work Weezy!

Hopefully ill be able to back you up at Fuji but ill be there regardless. Gonna make sure I run some laps tho so I can hopefully have a decent night.

KidCZ
Hi, i would like to give this a shot, gimme one Scirocco please. :) Independent driver, but if someone would like to team up, i'd have no problem with that.👍

Sure, welcome :) As for teams, have a word with karsten, he's desperate for a team mate 👍

Fuji next, i can do a 1.47.9
But i may have to skip that round because I will be out that day however, after that I will do my best to attend all 3 races in each round.

Skipping Fuji GT means my chances of coming top 3 in a race from the entire season would go. Shame really, my car with it's setup would have done well there :guilty:

But great wins to skengdigi, well done mate! 👍

Just to let you know, the '5 or more cuts' rule will be enforced at Fuji, and this will include the outside of corners. We don't have the time to inspect every single off-track excursion, so here are some general guidelines:

1. If you go off, do not rejoin in a way which chops off another driver or swerves into them. You're off track, you back off and slot in behind. If it means you're off track for longer, then so be it.
2. Don't stay on full throttle, particularly through the GT corner where the F chicane is. Lift and rejoin cleanly.
3. If you're on track and battling, the fact that the run off is there is not an excuse to push someone off! Treat the white lines as the edge of the circuit.
4. In Race 2 qualifying, all keep an eye on others as well as you. Make a fuss if someone is obviously cheating. We can't record and replay the session, but if a steward sees you you'll be getting a Warning and a time penalty! If you go off, lift out.

Also, as a side note, no weaving down the main straight. One defensive move and one move back to the racing line for Turn 1. That's all.

Cheers :)

Back