430PP European 'Hot Hatch' Championship

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05
Tuning is allowed up to 430PP and tires are limited to Sports:Hards or less.

First Place in All events wins you a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86.

Tracks:
Autumn Ring Mini 7 Laps Cr.278,000
Nurburgring GP/D 4 Laps Cr.271,000
Madrid City Course 4 Laps Cr.275,000
Top Gear Test Track 3 Laps Cr.270,000
Eifel (Kart) 102A 7 Laps Cr.280,000

OCD has been updated.

Last edited:
I beat the 1st two races with a stock Audi TT 1.8 03, for the rome race and the nurg GP, i used a mini cooper S 11 with the 05 cooper S tune from pariano. I have yet to beat the last one because of the 33 second head start the AI gets on a course that takes under a minute to complete, if anyone has a car/tune for that one i'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorta hate 1 track with penalties and the others don't.

On most tracks you don't need penalties. On Top Gear, you definitely do. Otherwise everyone goes straight through the cones.

The Lotus Elise 111R will probably be the car everyone heads to when all else fails. Most racers will have no problems with any of these tracks if they choose to go that route. 👍

Managed to win the Autumn Ring race with my Kubelwagen, after some trying. Not sure if I'll ever run another A-Spec/Seasonal race(not that that has anything to do with the Kubelwagen).

Not the Kart track again! With all of the choices for tracks why do we keep racing cars on a Kart track????

ARRGGHHH!!!!

I beat the 1st two races with a stock Audi TT 1.8 03, for the rome race and the nurg GP, i used a mini cooper S 11 with the 05 cooper S tune from pariano. I have yet to beat the last one because of the 33 second head start the AI gets on a course that takes under a minute to complete, if anyone has a car/tune for that one i'd greatly appreciate it.

I used the Lotus Elise 111S for that, slides around like hell even with SRF on but won by over 6 seconds at 5 in the morning while half asleep. 👍

I used the Audi TT 3.2 quattro 07 from the ncd. Added clutch twin plate, semi racing flywheel and the adjustable transmission (lowered top speed to 124). Won all with no real problems.

If the Mini 07 was the lead car I reloaded as I found it uncatchable in Madrid. It won by over 10 seconds!

Maybe the Lotus Elise or the 205 GTI could be good choices...
I agree with Denz3b. The Mini is impossible!!!!

Wait. Lotus Elise a Hot Hatch? Weird regs on this one.

I didn't really think that the Kubelwagen or TT or Z4 or Beetle or several of the other cars I saw in just the premium list I looked at should have qualified either. Might they have just allowed any European sub-430 car this time?

Did all but the Kart track in a Lancia Delta with an added turbo, tranny, drivetrain and suspension. Easy wins - though Madrid can be hard in the wrong car. For Kart track I used the Elise 11s 03 - lots of camber and toe on the front, high ride height on the rear and brought the tranny to min and then adjusted the final upwards to bring it down even further to about 107mph max speed. Good seasonal - a few rabbits and not a lot of laps!!👍

I got 1.153.700 credits (200%) in 5 minutes with a VW Lupo GTI '01 at Autumn Ring Mini, easy grinding.

Quit and enter until you find a VW Golf I GTI '76 at the pole of the starting grid, this will make your life easier.

These are the settings:

Lupo_Autum_Ring_Mini_zps6d613540.jpg

I used the Renault 5 turbo. A very capable and fun to drive car for all tracks including Eiffel, although I did had to tune it up for the full 430 pp for that one.

Ok so a "hot hatch" race where I can run Lotus Elise and Esprit as hatches?

I swear PD either had the junior varsity team manning the helm of GT5 now that GT6 is on the way or they just don't know what they're doing anymore.
Either way I think heh have their brain in their boot.

I HATE the black flag crap in GT5 mostly because its very hard to tell WHEN you're about to receive one. If there was a warning or something to tell you WHERE the ok part of the track was and wasn't I'd be happier. Having that junk on the Top Gear track is just irritating and annoying

Oh and SRF locked is still stupid

This is kind of stupid. I have asked the tuning community if there is any interest in building some hot hatches for this. I think we'll keep it to real Euro Hot Hatches.

I swear PD either had the junior varsity team manning the helm of GT5 now that GT6 is on the way or they just don't know what they're doing anymore.
Either way I think heh have their brain in their boot.

I HATE the black flag crap in GT5 mostly because its very hard to tell WHEN you're about to receive one. If there was a warning or something to tell you WHERE the ok part of the track was and wasn't I'd be happier. Having that junk on the Top Gear track is just irritating and annoying

Oh and SRF locked is still stupid

I'm not surprised. It has been like this in other challenges.
With the exception of model specific challenges (like the civic/mx5/Yaris) you can run almost everything. I remember you could run a chaparral or ford GT as muscle cars.

This is the same: as long as it is European and short wheel base is ok to use.

But you can use a real hot hatch ;)

As usual, here is my video for this weeks events.

Anytime the mini is in pole you're going to have a bad time. Car is too overpowered for a 30 sex head start.

Also I just beat it with a stock 111r no mods, de-tuned to 430 pp, my target lap time was 52"xxx. For this car try brake early and stay off the throttle while turning, and stay in 3rd the whole track, was fun overall.

Last edited:
can i use for this seazon focus ST 06 or RS 02 ?

Good question. Probably not due to the Europe restriction. So Ford Focus, an actual hot hatch and one of Europe's top selling hot hatches, is not eligible. But, you can enter an Elise.

Back