◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Sorry for the stupid question, but what trip winners is hill talking about? Can someone provide some enlightenment?
If I'm not mistaken ,there's one rig for the 5 contest winners... Hill needs to wait 30+min to run again (rig open to all).

Heck yeah, that'd be awesome! Want me to send to your HB address or a hotel address? I'll send the Large I owe you, and whatever size hillracing and Adventuruss needs (hopefully either Large or XL since that's all I have left :scared:)

dgaf, did you bring your S.N.A.I.L. shirt with you? If not I'll send another Large for you.

Any other snails gonna be there? If so, speak up so that I can send Bill a shirt for you!

Zero, Send it to my HB address

Ok, so that color thing. Zer0, Cheeb, can you please link THIS link for all the color/number stuff. I have the process and rules I would like to utilize explained there and instructions on submitting their choice as well. Skillz, I see you're currently running the welcome message, can you add the new link to the message as well.

Updated my sig and the Drivers List with the link to the S.N.A.I.L. Color/Number process.

The trip winners were from the show us your sled contest. They fly in tomorrow. So far I've got .5 on everyone and just figured out something that if I get it right is worth a few tenths.

zer05ive
Sorry for the stupid question, but what trip winners is hill talking about? Can someone provide some enlightenment? (anyone but hill since he needs to focus on other things right now!)

hill, when things have quieted down, PM me the address you'll be at on Thursday along with your T-shirt size and I'll overnight one to you in the morning. 👍

You've got the support of all of S.N.A.I.L. so go represent! :gtpflag:

Goooo hill!! Are the shirts available for purchase?

go hill, use them alien powers! stupid question, but when is the new lineup for Sunday gonna be posted?

Sometime after all the selections are made. We are still waiting for SoCalRacer to post his new combo.

Zero, Send it to my HB address

Okay, I'm going to ship them overnight tonight (FedEx closes in an hour). Just need to know if HB is a business or residential address. Also, what time does the shipment need to be there by in time for you to bring it with you to RacerX?

So I'm running the 4-hour at Tsukuba with my "main" account...what I started with, before GTP, and I'm driving the little chicane or whatever it is, after the 90 degree right hander...what a cool change to the track! It's completely messing with the AI as they come around the fast left though. LOL..

Tsukuba_mod.jpg

Would it be within the realm of possibility to run Tsukuba like that, if it were chosen for a Sunday night ?

If yes, then I highly suggest a Miata (or some other low-PP rwd) & Tsukuba w/ chicane combo :)

Last edited:
Would it be within the realm of possibility to run Tsukuba like that, if it were chosen for a Sunday night ?

If yes, then I highly suggest a Miata (or some other low-PP rwd) & Tsukuba w/ chicane combo :)

September 2, 2012 we ran Tsukuba with the motorcycle chicane with the '96 Lancer Evo.

Pretty lackluster for the Big 30!!:P

Hearing the details of the SNAIL pilgrimage to E3 and the hopes of RacerX glory is pretty cool. What makes it even cooler is to see the outpouring of support from the SNAIL community... I think the next couple of months is going to be really exciting. Pretty stoked on the SNAIL scene right now!👍

For all those who really paid close attention to the whole GTAcademy competition... Did they broadcast live times at all last year during the finals? Not live vid, just times?

Racer X Update.

Hey guys, I'm glad to say that at this moment I'm still leading at RacerX. I have to say that it's in no small part because of this awesome group of SNAILs that have the best league I've participated in. All the people who race in this league should know that this is the place to race on GT5 and hopefully GT6 once it's out. I have to say that racing in this group has improved my Sim racing ability a lot along with my pace. My confidence is really high at this moment that SNAIL will be represented at the finals of RacerX and hopefully GTA.

On another note GT6 is awesome. The physics are so much better than GT5. When you make a mistake and get a little sideways you can recover from it like you can in real life. You can carry a slip angle through the corner using the pedals. It rewards smooth drivers a lot. After driving it I don't want to drive GT5 anymore. If anyone has questions about it let me know and I'll try to answer from what I've experienced so far.

Anyways thanks for all the support today, it means a lot.

Racer X Update.

Hey guys, I'm glad to say that at this moment I'm still leading at RacerX. I have to say that it's in no small part because of this awesome group of SNAILs that have the best league I've participated in. All the people who race in this league should know that this is the place to race on GT5 and hopefully GT6 once it's out. I have to say that racing in this group has improved my Sim racing ability a lot along with my pace. My confidence is really high at this moment that SNAIL will be represented at the finals of RacerX and hopefully GTA.

On another note GT6 is awesome. The physics are so much better than GT5. When you make a mistake and get a little sideways you can recover from it like you can in real life. You can carry a slip angle through the corner using the pedals. It rewards smooth drivers a lot. After driving it I don't want to drive GT5 anymore. If anyone has questions about it let me know and I'll try to answer from what I've experienced so far.

Congrats bro good luck bring it home !!!!

Racer X Update.

Are you participating to be the Racer X? Awesome!!! :D:tup:

Racer X Update.

Wicked stuff Hill, I'm sure all of S.N.A.I.L. will be on pins and needles through the whole competition.

:cheers:

snails_rock_tshirt-rd889e6aabf1840a5b11c9aeb399720bf_wio57_216.jpg

Racer X Update.

You can do it hill, especially since you have the S.N.A.I.L. family behind you all the way. If you make it to GT Academy I'll be cheering for you to make it to the end! 👍

Go Hill, and all other Snails at Racer X. I'll be there tomorrow.

Zero if you want to overnight some shirts to me (you owe me one anyway :)) I can distribute them to fellow snails.

Heck yeah, that'd be awesome! Want me to send to your HB address or a hotel address? I'll send the Large I owe you, and whatever size hillracing and Adventuruss needs (hopefully either Large or XL since that's all I have left :scared:)

dgaf, did you bring your S.N.A.I.L. shirt with you? If not I'll send another Large for you.

Any other snails gonna be there? If so, speak up so that I can send Bill a shirt for you!

Bill, I overnighted six T-shirts to you. They should be there by about 10am so hopefully that's before you plan on leaving for Racer X. :scared:

There are three Larges and three XL's in the package. One of the Larges is for you and one is for Chris (hillracing). The last Large is for Russ (Adventuruss) if that's his size, but if he wears XL then give him one of those instead. The reason Russ has dibs on that last Large over dgaf is because dgaf already has a Large S.N.A.I.L. shirt. Other than that, please give any snail you see a shirt if they don't already have one (even if it's too big for them :P). It's be great to have a group shot of all you guys wearing your S.N.A.I.L. shirts! An epic pic like that would go straight to the original post. Thanks! :cheers:

headed to d1 to try combos.

if u show up i ll try some suggestions

SoCal...

Moper and I tried the OCD French and Italian specials at GVE.

• Peugeout 106 S16 '04
  • 206 CC '01
  • Punto HGT Abarth '00

Any of these 3 would provide some really close racing with multiple lead changes. And a little bit different car from the Bimmer and NSX.

My favorite of the 3 is the Punto Abarth. The 206 can get sideways and a little more care at the tight corners; but fun nevertheless.

I miss placed my shirt it's around meat somewhere hpfully he shirts come on time

Bill, I overnighted six T-shirts to you. They should be there by about 10am so hopefully that's before you plan on leaving for Racer X. :scared:

There are three Larges and three XL's in the package. One of the Larges is for you and one is for Chris (hillracing). The last Large is for Russ (Adventuruss) if that's his size, but if he wears XL then give him one of those instead. The reason Russ has dibs on that last Large over dgaf is because dgaf already has a Large S.N.A.I.L. shirt. Other than that, please give any snail you see a shirt if they don't already have one (even if it's too big for them :P). It's be great to have a group shot of all you guys wearing your S.N.A.I.L. shirts! An epic pic like that would go straight to the original post. Thanks! :cheers:

Racer X Update.

That's great news, Hill! Don't let you're foot off the gas though! :)

As I said before, this whole league is cheering for you! Even our league's thread title is cheering for you guys! :lol: Success for any snail is success for all of us! Good luck and Godspeed! SNAILspeed too! :sly:

Red car in green wheels... cool! The Mexican colors. I thought the same for myself a couple of months ago since I'm Portuguese and we have the same colours but after try it in a couple of cars i thought it didn't look too well unless you use a lighter green. Your choice, my humble opinion.

Nice to meet you Schmiggz :)

haha I know that colours looks weird in most of the cars, but that makes them unique :)

Back