• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The first race will be a Le Mans Classic:
- 14 Laps with 2 Timed Laps for qualifying
- Cars allowed would be the Ferrari 330 P4, Ford MKIV, and Jaguar XJ13
- No tuning for any of the cars as usual
- Tire wear set to Fast instead of Normal
- Circuit de la Sarthe 2005(No Chicane)
- Traditional Le Mans Start - watch following video(Only thing is we won't run to the cars)

The second race will feature the latest LMP1 cars:
- 14 Laps with 2 timed laps for qualifying
- Cars allowed - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP and Audi R10 TDI Race Car ’06
- No tuning for any of the cars as usual
- Tire wear set to Fast instead of Normal
- Time Change(set to 30), but no weather
- Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

Regulations:

All races will be reviewed and penalties will be enforced according to the OLR Rules
Boost: Low
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run)
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Boost: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard, Racing Soft, Racing Intermediate, Racing Rain * Special rules listed below.*
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Tire Regulations:

Changing your tire compound (Hard and Soft) will be required in each of the two rounds. You must race 1 complete lap on your first stint before you can come to the pits to change compounds. This means if you start off the race with hard compound, you cannot pit on lap 1, you can pit on lap 2 because you would had completed at least one full lap. This also means that if you run your first stint on soft and run 15 laps and make your manditory pit for your compound change you cannot pit on lap 16 because you did not complete 1 full lap, you can pit on lap 17. I think you guys get what I'm saying.
After you make your manditory compound change, you can pit and change your tires as many times as you want, any compound.
If we have a race with weather then the compound change is eliminated for the one track/Sat.

In addition I'll be offering double points for the night, and both races will each be worth the same amount of points as the second race is on a normal night meaning that winning both races and getting fastest lap in both qualifying sessions you could walk away with a total of up to 58 points!!

If we do this I'll push Suzuka back to the following weekend. Also I'd like to see a variety of cars, so I don't want everyone to pick the same car for each race.

Entry List:
Le Mans Classic:
Ferrari 330 P4:
1: AJHG1000
2: Dangerzone641
3: kcheeb
4: screaming chief
5: martin20az

Ford Mark IV:
1: Chiochan
2: Dabneyd
3:
4:
5:

Jaguar XJ13:
1: cmbeal317
2: fzappa
3: AJKVail
4: rossitronic
5: Chatva

Le Mans Modern:
Audi R10 TDI:
1: AJHG1000
2: Chiochan
3: Kcheeb
4: martin20az
5:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total:
1: AJKVail
2: fzappa
3: rossitronic
4: chatva
5:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut
1: cmbeal317
2: Dabneyd
3: screaming chief
4: Dangerzone641
5:

Last edited:
I like the idea, I'd pick the Ferrari and the Audi :D

Awesome! I've now updated the post I made earlier to include an entry list. This way we'll have a good variety of cars in both races! I'll have my choices up soon, I just want to test some of the cars out.

Edit: I was testing for my classic choice, and it looks like we'll probably do 13 to 14 laps for that race. Since we'll still have the tire change required. I'm going to change tire wear to Fast instead of Normal.

Edit #2: Looks like for both races we'll be doing 14 Laps. For the time change on the 2009 track for we'll set the time change to 30.

Last edited:
Another Saturday night another good race. We would like to welcome Hooker to his first Saturday night of SPEC racing. With almost a full grid you can expect alot of close tight racing.

With Kendawg getting the pole and winning the first race, the grid of 14 racers are ready for the main. Hooker and drgreenthumb will lead the field from the start.

drgreenthumb getting the lead in turn one with the field following

Through the corkscrew for the first time, Hooker goes wide and gets some sand. Rule No. 1 - Stay off the sand.

Into turn one for the second time the field stays bunched up.

Vail, Schmiggz and Wolfsatz going 3 wide fighting for every inch.

Chatva leading Vail, Greenthumb and Wolf into turn 12 as they break hard

VrapPlus trying to get inside for the pass

Vail taking the lead on Chatva with a 3 wide battle for 3rd.

Kcheeb leading Wolf, greenthumb and tcrash down the corkscrew for third.

Kcheeb finds out about Rule No.1

This is the result of rule No.1

Vail and Chatva starting to pull away.

tcrash also finds out about rule No.1... Or did he pull over for the port-a-potty for a No.1

Goat and RacingChamp also finding out about the first rule

Meanwhile back up front. Vail starting to pull away. When will he pit for the hards?

The leaders are in for their tire change. Looks as if Vail's pit crew did some practice during the week after some bad stops last week. Getting him out first

Kendawg takes the lead and at the half way mark pulls out to a 12 second lead

Rossi takes the lead while Kendawg makes his last pit stop.

Kendawg come out of the pits behind Vail, Chatva, tcrash, kcheeb and cmbeal

As the leaders make their last pit stop. Kendawg regains the lead

Vail making a late breaking move on tcrash and looking to get by RacingChamp

With just five laps to go. Kendawg leads greenthumb coming out of turn two while others are in pursuit going into turn one.

Three laps left. The field still remains the same up front

The last lap is here. The battle is for second. Vail leads Rossi followed by Chatva, tcrash and kcheeb

No, no, no, tcrash takes turn 6 too tight and gets a penalty. That would be Rule No.2 or something. Don't make a mistake on the last lap..

The battle continues for second. Who will get the drive out of the last turn to the finish. Vail leads Rossi with Chatva close behind Rossi

Kendawg gets the win for the main. He gets the pole and sweeps both races

Vail holds Rossi off for 2nd.
3rd - Rossi
4th - Chatva
5th - kcheeb
6th - VrapPlus
7th - drgreenthumb
8th - RacingChamp
9th - cmbeal
10th - tcrash

Last edited:
Regarding the current discussion on boost, I see both sides of the argument. Boost definitely creates tighter racing and prevents extensive hot-lapping, but it also de-emphasizes strategy and takes some of the "sim" out of sim racing. As I mentioned last week, I have an idea that I think might sufficiently keep the field together without the need for boost. If enough people thinks it's worth a shot, maybe we can test it out after the season or during a bye-week. Here's the idea:

When race details are announced, specific lap numbers are designated as caution laps. For example, if a race was 60 laps, we could designate lap numbers 20 and 40 as caution laps. During those two caution laps, the leader is required to slow down to a predetermined mph so that the field can bunch up (same effect that caution flags have in RL). All the other cars can go as fast as they want during the caution lap as long as they don't gain any positions. In other words, no passing! (just like in RL)

Also just as in RL racing, the pit road would be closed when the caution flag comes out. Therefore, no pit stops would be allowed during the designated caution laps. This would help ensure that pit strategy and tire management remain major factor in the race's outcome (as opposed to everyone just pitting on the designated caution laps 👎). In order to reward drivers during the course of the race, championship points could be rewarded at each caution lap interval based on the order of the grid during the caution lap. However, the vast majority of the points would be awarded based on the final results.

Anyways, there you have it. I've had that format in the back of my mind for a while now, so I figured I better speak now or forever hold my peace. :) Feel free to rip it to shreds if you don't like it as I'm sure there are weaknesses in the format that I haven't even considered. However, it's just a humble attempt to find a "best of both worlds" approach that I think is worth trying at least once. And although I learned long ago that you can't always please everyone, I constantly find myself trying to do exactly that. :lol:

We need a weekend night between Saturday and Sunday night. I think this would be a fun format to run.

I thought I had those cars but I don't, yet. 24,750,000 in a few days shouldn't be to hard. Already got the Audi and am 15 million away from the Ford. What a grind. lol

I wanna get in :D

Awesome! Always glad to have more drivers signing up! I'll send you a PSN request from our lounge later tonight. Then all you've got to do is show up about 10 to 15 minutes before 10PM EST Saturday night.

By the way, are you interested in the special event I'm planning on for this weekend?

cmbeal317

Awesome! This is shaping up to be a great night! I may be doing a little testing later on tonight, and I'll post here and in the main S.N.A.I.L. thread in case anyone would like to join up.

cmbeal317
*Only 7 Spots left for Saturday Night!*
Click to Enlarge

*Picture is a link to all the details*

XJ13 "please"

908 HDI FAP - TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL '10

Last edited:
XJ13 and the 908 for me!
Excellent narrative and pictures Kendawg! Thanks for posting!

Chatva scored the last spot earlier today for the XJ13, will either the Ford or Ferrari do? If not I'll add you to the XJ13 and take a spot from one of the other cars. Also which 908 do you want to run?

cmbeal317
Chatva scored the last spot earlier today for the XJ13, will either the Ford or Ferrari do? If not I'll add you to the XJ13 and take a spot from one of the other cars. Also which 908 do you want to run?

Beal, not looking good for me for tomorrow. Not 100% sure but doubtful. If anyone needs what I'm driving or a spot, feel free.

Beal, not looking good for me for tomorrow. Not 100% sure but doubtful. If anyone needs what I'm driving or a spot, feel free.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it! I'm not gonna give any spots up unless we've got more drivers than we can accept signing up! Since your not sure and we have run out of spots for the Jag, would there you be interested in one of the other cars?

cmbeal317

cmbeal317
Hopefully you'll be able to make it! I'm not gonna give any spots up unless we've got more drivers than we can accept signing up! Since your not sure and we have run out of spots for the Jag, would there you be interested in one of the other cars?

cmbeal317

Yeah no problem. Put me in whatever there are the fewest drivers for 👍

Best case, we might get power back tomorrow, worst case early next week :(

Yeah no problem. Put me in whatever there are the fewest drivers for 👍

Best case, we might get power back tomorrow, worst case early next week :(

Ok, I'll set you up with the Ferrari then! Hopefully your power will be back on before too long. I did see that you posted in the S.N.A.I.L thread about floods in your area and it's good to hear that other than power everything is good on your end.

cmbeal317
Ok, I'll set you up with the Ferrari then! Hopefully your power will be back on before too long. I did see that you posted in the S.N.A.I.L thread about floods in your area and it's good to hear that other than power everything is good on your end.

Thanks beal. We're pretty lucky. Others here not so much. Whole communities flooded, south of us a whole town was evacuated and under water.

This is going to be great. I am getting very excited for these races and the spread of drivers is looking really good also.

Back