Darkdeeds427
TunercarGrandPrix.jpg

Round Two
Infineon Sports Car Course
IMG0003-2.jpg

Discuss only T-times.
Typical OLR Rules Apply:

No wall touching. Period.
Keep 2 wheels on the track or rumblestrips at all times.
Infineon Special Rules: You may not touch cones, however, if it's paved, you can use it.
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Time Submission:
Send your time via PM to me, including splits and final run.
Submit the time listed in replay file name by 11:59 PM Saturday, November 28th (GMT-5). You may run as often or as little as you like; you've got the full week to perfect your line and gain the fastest single lap that you can. Please mark it as Week ‘X’ Final Time. Also, Please list what team you drive for along with your splits. :) Try to make it that you don’t resend your times via PM; that can save headache on my part. :lol:

Any questions or comments, ask them in the Discussion Thread.
Pictures are welcome! Show the beauties!!!👍👍👍👍

This Weeks Results
1st: Smallhorses------RVV----19.313---'58.703---1'29.719
2nd: Austin348-------JHoS----19.152---'58.996---1'30.278
3rd: Greycap---------MFT----19.547---0'59.363---1'30.861
4th: sejtur-----------MFT----19.835---0'59.951---1'31.792
5th: KingofWeasels---MFT----19.628---1'00.061---1'31.863
6th: TheStig13-------RVV----19.519---0'59.823---1'31.865
7th: Jetboy----------JHoS----19.670---1'00.008---1'32.238
8th: Pitracer100------MFT----20.069---1'01.328---1'32.442
9th: ABud------------RVV----20.097---1'00.271---1'32.643
10th: Leonidae-------MFT----20.095---1'00.598---1'32.821
11th: shoman--------SPM----20.073---1'00.642---1'33.169
12th: LancerEvo------ECT----19.984---1'01.036---1'34.025

Current Garage Standings
1st: RVV Motor Works---------62 Points (32+30)
2nd: Jet's House of Speed-----60 Points (34+26)
3rd: Mad FinnTuners-----------54 Points (24+30)
4th: East Coast Tuners--------12 Points (6+6)
5th: Shogun Performance-------8 Points (0+8)
---: Muscle Car Gargage--------8 Points (8+0)
7th: Austra-Manx Motorsports---6 Points (6+0)

Current Individual Standings
1st: Smallhorses-------40 Points (20+20)
2nd: Austin343--------34 Points (16+18)
3rd: Greycap----------30 Points (14+16)
4th: Jetboy-----------26 Points (18+8)
5th: KingofWeasels----20 Points (10+12)
6th: TheStig13--------18 Points (8+10)
7th: ABud-------------16 Points (12+4)
8th: sejtur------------14 Points (0+14)
9th: Pitracer100-------12 Points (6+6)
10th: Leonidae---------6 Points (4+2)
11th: Adamgp----------2 Points (2+0)
12th: LancerEvo--------0 Points (0+0)
13th: Rotary Junkie-----0 Points (0+0)
14th: Nenad------------0 Points (0+0)
15th: VTiRoj------------0 Points (0+0)
16th: KidrauhlM5--------0 Points (0+0)
17th: shoman-----------0 Points (0+0)
18th: senamic-----------0 Points (0+0)

Last edited:
Love it, Love it, Love it! 👍👍👍

Am I allowed to use either of the RVV cars or do I have to stick to the BMW now that I've run a race in it?

Discussion Thread
Privateers may not be allowed to cross reference between garages. However, either of the two garage rides are at your disposal. You may use either one to get your best time.
👍

Glad everyone's having fun. :D

Cheers,
Corey

Infineon always has a couple of gray areas in its boundaries: are we allowed to touch cones, and are we allowed to put four wheels beyond yellow lines when they have tarmac behind them? Also, I assume we're allowed to change the oil once it begins to lose its initial boost in power, but are we allowed to refresh chassis rigidity when it becomes available? Considering I've only driven about 40 miles per week, it might not affect me, but it would still be nice to know.

I also like Infineon, but I've had a hard time stringing together all of my best corners. I did a 19.372 - 59.122 lap, and it's my best so far, but I braked too much for the fast right turn and too early for the hairpin, so I probably still have three or four tenths that I can obtain.

I don't have away to get replay... as my camera is broke, I'll just have to drop out of this one! As it wouldn't be fair to the other racers,

Infineon always has a couple of gray areas in its boundaries: are we allowed to touch cones, and are we allowed to put four wheels beyond yellow lines when they have tarmac behind them? Also, I assume we're allowed to change the oil once it begins to lose its initial boost in power, but are we allowed to refresh chassis rigidity when it becomes available? Considering I've only driven about 40 miles per week, it might not affect me, but it would still be nice to know.

I'd wager you can do so... Or rebuild the car every time it gets a bit loose :lol:

I don't have away to get replay... as my camera is broke, I'll just have to drop out of this one! As it wouldn't be fair to the other racers,

Um, what? All you need to do is send in the bloody times, not record a copy of the replay.

I also like Infineon, but I've had a hard time stringing together all of my best corners. I did a 19.372 - 59.122 lap, and it's my best so far, but I braked too much for the fast right turn and too early for the hairpin, so I probably still have three or four tenths that I can obtain.
Cones are a no, as long as it's paved you can use it, if you do an oil change and it affects your PWR, you have to adjust ballast accordingly. Chassis Refresh is of course availiable.

Shoman: Submit your times, you're welcome to join. I only ask proof it it's suspicious. 👍

Cheers,
Corey

T1 20.073
t2 100.642

The car is a little tight for the track, but I'm going to blow or go! I'm losing a lot of time in the esses, and chacane (sp)? Gearing is a little out of sink, with the track also

Last edited:
Love the track this week. The Cobra R was tuned here (among other places)

T1 - 20.062
T2 - 1:00.003

Not that fast yet. Car works great here and I know my way around the place, but have been drinking beer all day watching the Homestead race.

I get the feeling the BMW isn't going to be the star of the show for this course. It's still monstrously fast, but it's taking a lot of time to slow down for the slower turns.
So far I'm seeing best clean splits of:

T1 19.437
T2 59.135

beigerage4.jpg
beigerage3.jpg

Last edited:
I can't tap into it.. The car/myself combo are not fond of the rythum here. :banghead:

T1: 19.616
T2: 1'00.405

There is soooooo much left out there. :irked:

Cheers,
Corey

Got a few laps in after work, shaved some time off.

T1 - 20.211
T2 - 1:00.993

Ah, that makes more sense now. :dopey: Considering your previous T1, your T2 seemed awfully fast, and now it's apparent that you made a typo and meant 1'01.003.

Smallhorses, would you mind driving the Skyline instead? :P The M5 is far too good as a base car, let alone tuned, to have such an adept driver piloting it. I'm going to have to work really hard this week and every week to keep up with you. Certainly, my current lap won't suffice, given the slow last sector, and I haven't had many laps as quick as yours to T2 to even make a good total time possible. I wish we could shorten the gear ratios, because I barely reach fifth gear here when I could be using sixth.

Ah, that makes more sense now. :dopey: Considering your previous T1, your T2 seemed awfully fast, and now it's apparent that you made a typo and meant 1'01.003.

I didn't notice that. :dunce: You are right, the correct T2 time in my first post is 1:01.003.

Last edited:
I didn't notice that. :dunce: You are right, the correct T1 time in my first post is 1:01.003.
I read that the first time and went where did that come from? :lol: I was seriously :scared:

Cheers,
Corey

I've improved, albeit by less than I had hoped (about .275 faster). With limited time this week - I'm leaving on a trip from Wednesday until Sunday - it will be my final attempt. It had splits of 19.152 - 58.996 and once again featured a mediocre final sector. :indiff: It wasn't even my fastest T2, but I ruined that lap by braking way too late for the final hairpin, eager to atone for being too cautious there in previous runs. T1, on the other hand was one of my best; it wouldn't even have been achievable before I learned that this car's power is so concentrated at the top end that it's actually faster to shift to second gear in the first right-hand turn rather than to keep it in third, even though only about ten miles per hour are spent in it.

By the way, there is one thing I hadn't considered: although I didn't take advantage of it, a verbatim reading of this week's rules would allow driving around the cones after the first hairpin. Do you want to rule that out, too, or are you fine letting people do that if it helps them?

By the way, there is one thing I hadn't considered: although I didn't take advantage of it, a verbatim reading of this week's rules would allow driving around the cones after the first hairpin. Do you want to rule that out, too, or are you fine letting people do that if it helps them?
Some amazing splits.. Yeesh.

I wondered if anyone would ask about that. Since you caught me in a loophole I guess it can be used, though you have to get it just right to really make use of it. :dopey: Get it right, more power to you. Have fun on the trip. 👍

Cheers,
Corey

Some amazing splits.. Yeesh.

They only look that way until Smallhorses gets more time to practice and conjures up a 58.7 T2. :lol: I've also driven about eighty miles, twice what I did last week, because the combo is so addictive and yet the time so elusive. Seriously, though, I do fully expect him to be faster than me. His car may not be ideally suited to this track, but I think that it will do very well in the much faster final sector, especially with him at the wheel.

I wondered if anyone would ask about that. Since you caught me in a loophole I guess it can be used, though you have to get it just right to really make use of it. :dopey: Get it right, more power to you.

There's no doubt that it's difficult - not to mention risky - but the Shelby, like any other understeering car, would almost certainly benefit from the extra space. I can't say I did any thorough testing, though!

It's possible, I've done it and saved the lap.. I get the chance I'll throw the pics up.

Meanwhile, had a breakthrough last night:

T1: 19.670
T2: 1'00.008
T3: Full second faster at the line!!!

Series One GT1 In Action
IMG0019.jpg

There's still more just as Austin said it's so elusive! :banghead:

Cheers,
Corey

Last edited:
Who are you driving for & what're you driving sejtur?
They're some nice splits! 👍

I was wondering if we're allowed to discuss our laptimes privately with other members of the teams that we're driving for to assist each other with improving our laptimes?

Who are you driving for & what're you driving sejtur?
They're some nice splits! 👍

I was wondering if we're allowed to discuss our laptimes privately with other members of the teams that we're driving for to assist each other with improving our laptimes?
Agreed with Small, those splits are fantastic. 👍

As far as discussion of laps between teammates. I don't see any issue with this at all. As far as "Manufacturers" points are concerned, it can be very beneficial. Of course, you may have also suggested this because your arch-rival isn't here to help me out. At all. :lol:

Cheers,
Corey

Week One
This Weeks Results
1st: Smallhorses------RVV
2nd: Jetboy----------JHoS
3rd: Austin348-------JHoS
4th: Greycap---------MFT
5th: ABud------------RVV
6th: KingofWeasels---MFT
7th: TheStig13-------RVV
8th: Pitracer100------MFT
9th: Leonidae--------MFT
10th: Adamgp--------MCG
11th: LancerEvo------ECT
12th: Rotary Junkie---RVV
13th: Nenad---------AMMT
14th: VTiRoj----------RVV
15th: KidrauhlM5-----AMMT
;)

I wish I had a ringer also! I can't drive to well, and shop won't look that great!
This was something Greycap and I have been discussing for a while, making a "Privateer" class and a "Proprietor" class (This was a contengency I had no idea would happen). Doing this though will possibly A) single them out and makes me look like I'm trying for personal gain [Being I would be first in non-privateers points at that], and deffinitely B) screw up the points entirely. What do we do about this. :guilty:

Cheers
Corey

Back