picture.php
picture.php

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 ___ Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

THE TRACK:​

800px-Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.svg.png

Circuit de LaSarthe 2005 with chicanes

THE RULES:​

JULY 7th

10pm (LONDON TIME)/11pm (ROME, PARIS, MADRID, BERLIN TIME)/5pm (NEW YORK TIME)

COUNT-DOWN TO THE RACE START

THE RACE WILL BE IN TURBOGEIT LOUNGE
LOUNGE WILL BE OPEN 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE RACE START

PLEASE JOIN THE ROOM AT LEAST 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE RACE START
(read the qualify & rolling start procedure below)

20 laps on Le Mans 2005 - hard racing tires only - full damage
8 teams of 2 cars: 1 Golf and 1 Corvette
All aids off, except driving line and ABS (see below - lapping policy)
No penalties (in order to avoid ghosting of lapped cars)

-Car restrictions:

Weight: 1150 kg for both cars
Corvette: 502 hp
Golf: 197 hp

-Qualify & rolling start procedure:

IT IS MANDATORY (AND I REPEAT MANDATORY) THAT EVERYONE MUST BE IN THE LOBBY
AT LEAST 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF THE RACE.
NO LATE ARRIVAL WILL BE EXCUSED.
15 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF THE RACE THE TRACK WILL BE RESETTED.
RESTRICTIONS WILL BE SET AT 197HP AND ALL GOLF DRIVERS WILL GO ON TRACK.
AFTER THAT RESTRICTIONS WILL BE SET AT 502HP AND CORVETTE DRIVERS WILL GO ON TRACK.
A Golf driver that is not there in time cannot come in after restrictions have been set for the Corvette.
EVERYONE CAN DO HIS QUALIFY LAPS AFTER THIS PROCEDURE.
ONCE ON TRACK IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO GO BACK IN THE ROOM LOBBY. YOU MUST REMAIN ON TRACK
(AT LEAST GO TO THE PIT TO REPAIR YOUR CAR IF YOU DAMAGE IT).
PITTING IS ONLY ALLOWED BY MATERIALLY DRIVING INTO THE PITLANE, NOT BY HITTING THE EXIT BUTTON.

ONCE THE RACE STARTS THE POLE POSITION CAR ON THE GRID MUST PROCEED
SLOWLY FOLLOWED BY OTHER CARS ONE BY ONE.
ONCE PASSED THE DUNLOP BRIDGE AFTER THE DUNLOP CHICANE THE POLE POSITION CAR
CAN ACCELERATE AT FULL SPEED.
OVERTAKES ARE ALLOWED AFTER THE TERTRE ROUGE TURN.

WARNING FOR ALL GOLF DRIVERS:
when the race is over for the remaining 3 minutes, pay close attention to Corvettes,
which will proceed slowly on the track

-Lapping policy:

In the 24h rules, it is specified that the slow cars have the right to keep the driving line and that the fast cars have to turn around them.

Consequence: if a slow car leaves the driving line in order to let a fast car lap it, it should do it in advance, and not at the last moment.

-Teams:

A team must be composed of 1 Corvette and 1 Golf (not 2 Golfs or 2 Corvettes)
Teams composed of two actual WSCC-Members have priority on other teams (in case there are more than 8 teams)

-Point system:

30 - 27 - 25 - 23 - 21 - 19 - 17 - 15 - 13 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Mixing Corvettes and Golfs in the result: if 1st Golf finishes 9th, it gets the points of the 9th place
In case of a draw between 2 teams: the finish place of the 2nd car counts.

-Sign-up:

To participate, post your GTP-name and PSN-username on this thread. Please specify also the car you will be using with colour and number.
If you are not yet a WSCC-member, you will get an invitation to join our WSCC-Social club space.

-Racing rules and treatment of race incidents:

We apply the general OLR-rules that you can find here. To put it simply: behave in the races as if you were in a real world car race.
Car contact incidents are part of racing and will always happen. Nobody is perfect.
Everybody makes involuntary driving errors. The important thing is to stay fair.

-Here is the procedure to follow in case of an important incident:

- In case of an incident, always first look at the replay
- If after seeing the replay, you still think another driver has disadvantaged you, first contact him by PM.
- If that does not permit to resolve the incident, send a PM to the race steward (host).
- Steward will review the replay and if necessary take a race-decision.
- Never accuse another driver publicly, it is forbidden by WSCC and GTP-policy and can lead to definitive exclusion.

-Need a car for a race?

Don’t worry if you don’t have the cars for WSCC-races: our members help each other to get the cars needed by a WSCC car exchange thread on our private social club space.

More information about WSCC? Go to our Main Page thread

REMEMBER TO CLEAR THE ONLINE CACHE EACH TIME YOU PLAY THE GAME

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS POST TO OPEN PORTS IN YOUR ROUTER

Last edited:
TEAM 1:

gippone PSN gprili - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: Rosso Mugello - Number: 80
turbogeit PSN turbogeit - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Mica Blue - Number: 12

TEAM 2:

allascato PSN allascato - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: India Gelb - Number: 46
ID_racing PSN ID_racing - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Argento Nurburgring - Number: 19

TEAM 3:

CC570 PSN cc570 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: Blue & White - Number:
turbonutter69 PSN R620turbo - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Silver Chrome - Number: 69

TEAM 4:

MindlessRiff PSN MindlessRiff - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: Le Mans Blue Metallic - Number: 56
Zentex PSN Sientex - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Chameleon Orange - Number: 42

TEAM 5:

caterhamsuper7 PSN stevymccaff - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: White - Number: 29

TEAM 6:

G8R_MaD3 PSN G8R_MaD3 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: Dark Blue - Number: 4
FishHunters PSN Flsurffisher - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Orange - Number: 99

TEAM 7:

boshuter PSN boshuter - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: Yellow - Number: 13
akmuq PSN GTP_akmuq - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Yellow - Number: 15

TEAM 8:

s4marsh PSN s4-marsh - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Colour: White - Number: 3
RONSTA PSN ronstahess - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01 - Colour: Chameleon Green - Number: 5

---------------

RESERVE LIST:

Last edited:
Great one! Im in of course, but would preferably drive the Golf in the team.
eeh..timezonewise, MET=CET..right?

I´ll use my very germancolored: argento Nurburgring , #19 - :)

Last edited:
Great one! Im in of course, but would preferably drive the Golf in the team.
eeh..timezonewise, MET=CET..right?

time of the race updated in the main post with countdown

you're in ID_racing, let me know the colour and number for your Golf :)

Last edited:
I would like to participate in this event. Either car just let me know which one.
Question about time when you say EST do you mean eastern standard time? Or do you mean eastern daylight time (EDT)?

Just looked at your time zone link. You do mean EDT (daylight time) NOT EST (standard time).

i would like to do this race

i don't have either car, so it doesn't matter to me which one i use

psn: galikazoid

car: tbd/tbd/tbd

I would like to participate in this event. Either car just let me know which one.
Question about time when you say EST do you mean eastern standard time? Or do you mean eastern daylight time (EDT)?

Just looked at your time zone link. You do mean EDT (daylight time) NOT EST (standard time).

i would like to do this race

i don't have either car, so it doesn't matter to me which one i use

psn: galikazoid

car: tbd/tbd/tbd

Please guys choose the car you want to use ;)

I'd definitly be up for this if it could be moved to the 5th. Leaving the country on the 6th for 2 weeks!

Perhaps for new sign-ups from now:

1) if possible try to sign-up as a team, you can contact your teammate by PM
2) if not, specify which incomplete team you like to complete.

I'd definitly be up for this if it could be moved to the 5th. Leaving the country on the 6th for 2 weeks!

On the 5th we have round 2 of the Golf European Cities Cup. July 7th is free because GT300-500 ends this week.

Perhaps for new sign-ups from now:

1) if possible try to sign-up as a team, you can contact your teammate by PM
2) if not, specify which incomplete team you like to complete.

We'll let me do this...if any one wants me on their team to drive the Golf RM let me know.

PLEASE EVERYBODY READ CAREFULLY THE

Qualify & rolling start procedure

ON THE MAIN PAGE THREAD

I don't have either car, and am on vacation for a few days, so I can't buy either car, but I would like to participate. I could use either car, but I would probably be more competitive in the Golf, however, I see I seem to not be the only one thinking this, so I will be a Corvette if it makes the teams work out better.

I don't have either car, and am on vacation for a few days, so I can't buy either car, but I would like to participate. I could use either car, but I would probably be more competitive in the Golf, however, I see I seem to not be the only one thinking this, so I will be a Corvette if it makes the teams work out better.

Hi Jujubean :)

for now I'll put you in the CHOOSING THE CAR list, let me know as soon as you can the car you want to drive (if available) and the team you want :)

s4-marsh & Ronsta/ psn: ronstahess

colour and numbers to be confirmed as our first choice is already taken:tup:

Last edited:
s4-marsh & Ronsta/ psn: ronstahess
colour and numbers to be confirmed as our first choice is already taken:tup:

please guys let me know car choice, color and number for each :)
Ronsta is not yet a member of our club?

Done. Please let me know colour and number :)

Back