WSCC - Le Mans Two-Speed Team Special Event - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 128 comments
If it's not to late, I'd like to change to number 4 for the 4th of July since I'm using a blue car with red wheels. :P

Dangit, I dont think I am going to be able to make this afterall. :(
Something has come up that I can't ethically skip, so I am out.

no prob. see you soon Jujubean :)

If it's not to late, I'd like to change to number 4 for the 4th of July since I'm using a blue car with red wheels. :P

done. 👍

Good, I'm still stuck in mid 4,50's :(, gonna be a long race.....

Although my setup is based on the fact that I'm praying to find a big hole in the air the whole way down Mulsane :D

Hmmm didn't realise there would be no abs.

Anyone else using a DS3? This is going to be very interesting indeed.

I might be wrong, but thats was my thought when the rules state: "All aids off, except driving line" - gippone, am I wrong ?

Im using a ds3 too, and I have never tried to be so gentle with the brake button as here..:)

We did never race without ABS. We even didn't consider it as a real driving aid.

So, in order not to have confusions, read: "All driving aids off, except driving line and ABS"

Edit: I just saw the regulation settings screen does not permit to set it off, that's the reason why we didn't mention it. You can't control it, because you can change it while racing. Our rule has always been : no restrictions that cannot be controlled

We did never race without ABS. We even didn't consider it as a real driving aid.

So, in order not to have confusions, read: "All driving aids off, except driving line and ABS"

crap..I was getting good at it...:banghead: :)

Edit: I just saw the regulation settings screen does not permit to set it off, that's the reason why we didn't mention it. You can't control it, because you can change it while racing. Our rule has always been : no restrictions that cannot be controlled

that's true. ABS must be on because if someone has G25/G27 wheel and pedals is not possible to play without ABS beacuse of a bug

Good race tonight people :) Was pretty fun until the last 2 laps haha. Had some good early battles with Marsh, was scary cause I had a bit of rear end damage until the 1st stop and I didn't want to have a massive crash with him :P

Well annoying at the end, lap 19, 50 second lead, tap a wall by the first chicane and get severe damage for some reason and have to pootle back to the pits at like 120, oh well, thats racing (F1 PR talk ftw lol)! Grats to Marsh and Sien for the wins and bring on the series! :D

Fine race, just a little bit lonely on that big track. Could also be interesting on a smaller track, with a more powerful Golf (WTCC regulations: 1150 kg - 276 HP)

I have seen the replay. R620, caterham7 and fishhunters passed me in the start. Fishhunters even goes to place 6. Visibly, he didn't know it was a rolling start.
Only caterham7 gave me my position back. Nevertheless, that had no influence on the race result (fishhunters abandoned or got disconnected and R620 finished behind me). Case closed with the kind demand not to do that next time.

On the other hand, start was a mess because cars were too close, what gave a massive crash in the first chicane. Next time we will be severe about the 1 sec. gap at starting point in order to avoid drafting on the first straight.

I leave for a 10 days on summer vacations next tuesday, but after that, we will propose something similar. Why not a GT2 corvette - against WTCC Golf on Grand Valley ?

although everything happened to me in this race: :scared: I was hit in the first laps by G8, got damage, went to pit in lap 1, spinned in lap 9 and got damage again, tried to pit, but I did not stop (the car did a drive through like has happened to mindlessriff before :ouch:), I made a whole lap with damage :crazy:, pitted again (this time worked) and ended the race in 4th at 8 seconds from G8 that I was chatching up!...

but it was a fun race, very realistic with other traffic and damage 👍
a bit stressed though :boggled:

although everything happened to me in this race: :scared: I was hit in the first laps by G8, got damage, went to pit in lap 1, spinned in lap 9 and got damage again, tried to pit, but I did not stop (the car did a drive through like has happened to mindlessriff before :ouch:), I made a whole lap with damage :crazy:, pitted again (this time worked) and ended the race in 4th at 8 seconds from G8 that I was chatching up!...

I have the impression strange things happen on certain tracks if you go into the pits too fast. Cobrius lost time at Daytona in GT500. Other drivers said it was because he didn't slow down enough.

I have the impression strange things happen on certain tracks if you go into the pits too fast. Cobrius lost time at Daytona in GT500. Other drivers said it was because he didn't slow down enough.

well yes, because of damage I could not control well my car and I spinned in the pit entrance. That's probably why I did a drive through :dunce:
better luck next time (monday... :lol:)

Still angry I missed it.:ouch: I do agree, Golf wasn't powerful enough and in Time Trial at least, I was extremely bored on those straights.

I would recommend Autumn Ring or Madrid for a different race, as both cars are a joy to drive on those circuits. Laps could be around the 40 mark and rules would be whatever was learned tonight. That's just what I think however.;)

gippone

On lap one when I hit you I got engine damage (couldn't go past 6000rpm in 5th gear) and my suspension was a mess! :P
Then on the last lap you gained a lot because I was about to run out of fuel and coasting to where I didn't even have to brake most of the time I was going so slow. :lol:

Thanks for the battle Mindless it was a shame you got the rear end knock. Good job it was only a flesh wound...
It looked like the damage went away around lap 3 onwards and you got quite smooth again.
I had 2 little mis-haps and lost 30+seconds but knew our fueling strategy was different when you left the pits miles quicker than me at the first stop. I think i ran 2-3 extra laps on the middle stint and lost another 20 seconds.....:grumpy:
I was hoping your tyres would be going off towards the end, knowing mine were a bit fresher so when i saw i pulled back 10 then 20 seconds i knew you'd had an off :ouch: It was bad luck mate i thought it was in the bag for you but its never over till its over in racing.

Its a shame people couldnt be bothered to read the rules, Every race i've had in this club so far has had starting isues due to reckless driving or failure to comply with rules that are designed to keep things clean.
If people are serious enough about online racing to join a club like this thinking that they're quick clean drivers, then at least have the decency to get up to speed with how things are conducted instead of causing carnage for other people that did manage to read the rules.

What's the big deal with the 1 second rule? I always thought the cars should be 1 second apart maximum!! to keep the pack bunched up. Slip-streaming is part of racing so trying to avoid it at the start of a race is a bit weird for my liking to be honest. The way to try and avoid this if your the leader is to get a jump on the pack by backing them up in the last turn and then shooting off or similar racing strategy's and thats where the skill is, not having the whole field of cars spread miles apart.
Like most others here i have no problems with standing or rolling starts but it seems some people cant do either at the moment.

I just decded I'd had enough when I got taken out by a damaged Vette on the first lap,🤬 that kind of proves that we aren't mature enough to run with damage on. I tried to pass him on a straight and he still managed to put me in a wall. Face it, full damage won't work without the right kind of drivers.

Lesson learned for me. Not going to be competitive unless able to control RPMs through a turn with manual transmission. Sorry G8 that I didn't place better. Great job to you though!

I was really bummed about in invisable issues I had last night, and especially sorry for aborting and letting my teammate allascato down, but driving 20 laps without being able to see most cars on track , including all the Corvettes could only lead to major crashes.
I sure hope something similar is going to be set up after the summer break, this was clearly the event of the year for me.

With that said, I suspect the invisable issues stem from people not clearing their cache before entering turbos lounge. Reading the posts above gives me the impression, that a number of the drivers have not bothered to read and understand the rules and regulations the club sets up before entering the race.

These rules are compiled in the club by experienced hosts doing a lot of work trying to ensure everyone can have clean, fun and fair racing which is the goal of WSCC. So I must agree with s4marsh´s statement:

"If people are serious enough about online racing to join a club like this thinking that they're quick clean drivers, then at least have the decency to get up to speed with how things are conducted instead of causing carnage for other people that did manage to read the rules."

Dunno why but my mind went blank at the start of this race? :crazy:
Only for a second or 2 then I dropped back into position.

The first chicane was wild. I had the inside line after passing the other Golf's then WHACK.......
No idea who it was but it gave me damage enough to make the car slide everywhere so I had to pit.
I kept getting bullied out of the way by the Vette's.
I thought they had to pass us safely not barge us out of the way.

What's the big deal with the 1 second rule? I always thought the cars should be 1 second apart maximum!! to keep the pack bunched up. Slip-streaming is part of racing so trying to avoid it at the start of a race is a bit weird for my liking to be honest. The way to try and avoid this if your the leader is to get a jump on the pack by backing them up in the last turn and then shooting off or similar racing strategy's and thats where the skill is, not having the whole field of cars spread miles apart.
Like most others here i have no problems with standing or rolling starts but it seems some people cant do either at the moment.

The only way to avoid massive lap 1 incidents is to do a rolling start with cars being not too close to each other, in order that they cannot pass eachother in turn 1. Side view is such bad in online racing that on a standing start even the cleanest driver can cause collisions because he just can't see the cars beside him.

The 1 second lap is needed because of the exaggerated slipstream. On a straight, if you are at less than 1 second at the beginning, you always pass the car in front. The problem is that that disadvantages the fastest drivers.
That is what happened yesterday. Most cars were bumper to bumper when they got to the straight and we had a massive collision in turn 1.

Here are the results:

1st s4-marsh & RONSTAHESS 30pts + 17pts = 47pts
2nd MindlessRiff & Sientex 27pts + 19pts = 46pts
3rd gprili & turbogeit 23pts + 15pts = 38pts

G8R_MaD3 25pts
allascato 21pts
R620turbo 13pts
stevymccaff 10pts

picture.php

it is unfortunate that many drivers have abandoned the race and their comrades
after what I suffered in the race that I listed before I would never have left my partner
:grumpy:

Last edited:
IMO, all people need is some patience! Easier said than done I know, but if you don't trust yourself or the guy you're trying to overtake to be clean then just stick as close as possible and save it for the next corner. It's an hour race, if you're faster than the guy ahead then eventually, you will pass! Whether you will get ahead or not, especially on this track with so much drafting is another matter :P

Was the pace ok by me in the start? I tried not to back everyone up at tetre rouge because there was some controversy in the Lexus race. I got passed at the first chicane lap 1 but that's expected cause it's a massive draft area lol

When I got the damage I just decided to sit tight and jump you in the pits hopefully lol, which worked :) didn't fancy doing much overtaking because the rear went mad if I pushed hard, plus I could save tyres in the slipstream a bit. After that I made a few mistakes, especially at the end but enough about that ;P

Back