WSCC - Le Mans Two-Speed Team Special Event - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 128 comments
"it is unfortunate that many drivers have abandoned the race and their comrades
after what I suffered in the race that I listed before I would never have left my partner"

What is unfortunate is that others had to suffer because some people had problems at the start. I was very careful to avoid any starting problems knowing what full damage would mean on this long track. When I caught gprili on a straight and saw his car diving on and off the road I figured he was damaged, I hoped he had enough sense to at least slow enough to allow undamaged cars to get around him......... that's when I got dissapointed, he just slammed me into the wall when I tried to get around him.

I'm all for "realism", but in reality a car damaged as badly as his should have pulled off the track, or at least run slow enough to keep from taking out everyone who comes up behind and tries to go around.

"it is unfortunate that many drivers have abandoned the race and their comrades
after what I suffered in the race that I listed before I would never have left my partner"

What is unfortunate is that others had to suffer because some people had problems at the start. I was very careful to avoid any starting problems knowing what full damage would mean on this long track. When I caught gprili on a straight and saw his car diving on and off the road I figured he was damaged, I hoped he had enough sense to at least slow enough to allow undamaged cars to get around him......... that's when I got dissapointed, he just slammed me into the wall when I tried to get around him.

I'm all for "realism", but in reality a car damaged as badly as his should have pulled off the track, or at least run slow enough to keep from taking out everyone who comes up behind and tries to go around.

boshuter you have PM

Hey guys, I sincerely and profusely apologize for showing up late, accidentally trying to start the race :/ and for messing up the start, just had a complete mind blank and then suddenly remembered when i caught the Chevy's rather quickly, little voice in my head screamed "ROLLING START!!!" so slammed on the brakes and got back to my rightful place............ last :L

Hey guys, I sincerely and profusely apologize for showing up late, accidentally trying to start the race :/ and for messing up the start, just had a complete mind blank and then suddenly remembered when i caught the Chevy's rather quickly, little voice in my head screamed "ROLLING START!!!" so slammed on the brakes and got back to my rightful place............ last :L

You did what you have to do if you see that you did something wrong: give back immediately the place you took incorrectly. That also means: no sanction.

Please let's calm down guys. It is only a game.

Here an analysis of the race:

- heavy damage is a problem on such a long track. I think it should be limited to short tracks and races with 1 obligatory pitstop that a careful driver could have ended without pitstop. In such races, if you have no damage, you pit late; in case of early damage you just anticipate your pitstop and still have a chance on a good result.

- WSCC started with heavy damage on all races, but changed that before PSN outage because of too many complaints due to the important consequences of car contacts. We thought drivers were now good enough to race with heavy damage. Yesterdays race showed it is not the case. I think only 2 or 3 of us (Sientex, me and perhaps one other driver) didn't get any damage in the whole race.

- Race start often stays the difficult point in GT5 online racing, because of lag, side view problems and too nervous drivers. Concerning yesterday's race, I saw on the replay that the cars were too close to each other, what caused the incidents in chicane 1. I checked on page 1 of this thread: we did not mention the one second distance gap rule, we use in the Corvette serious. Sorry, gprili, my fault, I forgot to mention it.

- The only way to have clean start and lap 1 conditions is:

* rolling start
* steady warm-up pace (no zigzag, no heavy braking)
* a one second gap between cars at starting point
* no overtaking before the exit of turn 1 (or 2 or 3 if the first turn is composed of a combination of turns (example Madrid: "turn 1 can be decomposed in 3 parts: R - L - L)

- Certain behaviors in and out races are really disturbing
:

* showing up too late or not showing up at all if you are signed-up. All races are "overbooked", but we seldom have more than 12 drivers at the start.
* not following up the messages on the forum and therefor not being aware of the particular rules for a race (pitstop, rolling start, etc.)
* lack op patience: guys that in lap 1 bump out everybody; no need to hurry in a 40 minutes race, the winner often has more than 30 sec. advance. So, the 5 or 10 seconds you lose on a rolling start won't make the difference. Last week in GT500 Shrugging_Atlas started deliberately in the back, had two car incidents (one with my car, for which none of us was to blame, but in which he lost 15 seconds) and nevertheless closed the gap to the leader and won the race.
* public accusations and heavy language on the forum

Last edited:
Regardless of the problems we had with this race still gotta take my hat off and congratulate you on even attempting it. Though I won't be racing again after the Monday finale until I get a wheel with a gear shift; it's impressive all that you're trying.

Regardless of the problems we had with this race still gotta take my hat off and congratulate you on even attempting it. Though I won't be racing again after the Monday finale until I get a wheel with a gear shift; it's impressive all that you're trying.

I must say that when I first started GT3 years ago my laptimes got much faster 1) about 1-2 seconds/lap 1) when I had a wheel and 2) one more second when I learned manual shifting.

I must say that when I first started GT3 years ago my laptimes got much faster 1) about 1-2 seconds/lap 1) when I had a wheel and 2) one more second when I learned manual shifting.

That fact is really dawning on me. Skills and time spent is one thing when practicing for a race, but I have had this feeling that using a DS3 and automatic shifting is somehow limiting especially accelerationspeed out of corners.

One good example of this is teeds´ entry to the tsukuba timetrial using a wheel and manual shifting, his acceleration out of the tight corner before the backstraight is amazingly fast with quick prescise gearshifts.

Last edited:
I also got a very fast run out on to the backstraight, probably similar to teeds, but I can't give you the time. Ah well, guess I can go hotlap some more.:D

Back