Autozam! Cup - (complete) Congrats Zorrin! :o)

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Autozam! Cup
autozamad01.jpg

sprint race championship event

Congratulations Zorrin!! :D

Schedule:

Tuesday March 20th @ 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET
Complete - RESULTS HERE

Thursday March 22nd @ 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT / (Fri 12am GMT) / (Fri 1am CET)
Complete - RESULTS HERE

Duration: approx. 2 hours (or likely less)

Car:
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 (available in the premium dealership!)
comfort medium tires
tuning: prohibited
Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint

Race Tracks:

Race #1 - 5 laps @ Cape Ring North (2.39 miles)
Race #2 - 8 laps @ Tsukuba (1.27 miles)
Race #3 - 5 laps @ Phoon Hill (eifel kart) (1.88 miles)
Race #4 - 12 laps @ Daytona Super Speedway (2.5 miles)

1st: 16, 2nd: 15, 3rd: 14, 4th: 13, 5th: 12, 6th: 11, 7th: 10, 8th: 9
9th: 8, 10th: 7, 11th: 6, 12th: 5, 13th: 4, 14th: 3, 15th: 2, 16th: 1

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS & driving line (driver's choice)
Damage: Light
Tire Wear: On
Penalty: off
Boost: off
Slipstream: weak
Reverse Grid Order

Rules: GTP OLR Rules
Please be familiar with these rules,
and ask any questions in advance of the event.

Race will be held in private lounge of PSN: wat3rm370n
Please send FR in advance of racing time.

Custom track details:
Phoon Hill (eifel kart track) (1.88 miles) by cc570
phoonhillbycc570.jpg

Track available shared on PSN: wat3rm370n
if for some reason it's not, post here, & ask for it to be shared

Sign-Up Registry:
include GTP name / PSN name / car colour

Tuesday March 20th @ 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Sassy Grass Green & silver
  2. jackargent / jackargent / Gold Chrome & Plum Crazy
  3. Zorrin / DitQuois / Aqua Blue Metallic
  4. johnnynebraska / j-neb / tbd
  5. ID_Racing / ID_Racing / Matte black & Enkei Competition
  6. turbogeit / turbogeit / tbd
  7. SSXRid3R / SSXRid3R / Matte Purple & Pearl White
  8. Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Crystal White and Cyberia Blue
  9. Conza / Conza_No1 / Classic Red
  10. John Wells / johnwells69 / tbd
  11. Geeky30 / Geeky30 / Classic Red

Thursday March 22nd @ 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT / (Fri 12am GMT) / (Fri 1am CET)

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Sassy Grass Green & silver
  2. SSXRid3R / SSXRid3R / Matte Purple & Pearl White
  3. Conza / Conza_No1 / Classic Red
  4. anotherdike / anotherdike / tbd
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 / tbd
  6. Zorrin / DitQuois / Aqua Blue Metallic

See my signature block for info on other races I've organized, hosted, or participated in.
My primary goal as host is to make for clean, fun, fair, & exciting race events! 👍

Last edited:
go on then

tuesday for me

I think colours will be raspberry red pearl with lime green metallic

If i change my mind i'll let you know

wham bam autozam ma'am:cool:

Welcome!
OH it will be fun, I already know because we did a race with this car in the Low HP League kei car challenge, and in some fun races on Eifel kart tracks after the league races.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6687460#post6687460
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6689323#post6689323

For anyone who hasn't tried this car, unmodified... Unmodified, it's better behaved than the Beat or Cappucino (also RWD kei cars). But it's a fun drive.

Being small, it's well suited to kart tracks.
And the gearing is appropriate, so it won't hit the limiter on the super speedway. 👍

Yeah I can enter Melon, not sure if I have one of these cars. Thursday best for me, just re-read there in dealership.

You in ID? Should be a bit of fun! :D
(I wasn't deliberately trying to lure you with Tsukuba, honest. lol The car is quite suitable to Tsukuba.)

I never saw your answer..how rude! Now I'll not reply. Equally as rude.

ok. just kidding, I'm in. Dunno 'bout the color, gotta buy one first, y'know..check it out and stuff. Get a feel for it. Is it a blue thing? Or a yellow thing?? You get the picture.

:lol: I have 3 of them. One is modified, and that's a darker green. 2 unmodified. One liquid yellow with liquid yellow wheels, and the other one Sassy Grass Green, because when I got that paint chip with my sign-on bonus, I immediately thought of the Autozam!! :lol:

I should be around tomorrow, put me down for the Tuesday race.

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Crystal White and Cyberia Blue

Last edited:
Wow I don't believe no one's chosen Classic Red - I'll take a piece of that action!

I think Tuesday... oh is that Wednesday 6am for me? (+11) might consider joining that one if I get confirmation that the race hasn't begun yet?

But yes, mostly definately interested in Thursday at 12GMT (Friday 11am, perfect timing for a race).

Conza/Conza_No1/Classic Red please! *reads GTP OLR rules* ok great! Will FR you shortly OP (Still taking participants I'm hoping?).

Also, is Grip set to Low or Real? That was the only setting I didn't know how to set for my practice v AI (its as close as you can get, especially since this is a stock car, it should be closish).

Also, are we allowed to run in our cars? Is that recommended/encouraged/expected? Eg. right now my car is virtually new, it has 19.5kms and an oil change, so it has 64BHP, but if I run it in, it may have as much as 70BHP. Does the car have to be perfectly new to avoid anyone with an advantage?

Last edited:
RE: Time zone translations for Melbourne Australia.
:nervous:
What with you being in DST still, I'm in DST already, & Europe isn't in DST yet... I'm not even sure I'll trust the GTP Calendar to translate until after Europe moves into DST, and Australia moves out of DST.

But it does look to me that you're correct in saying you're +11 from London time. At least this week. So I think your translations are correct.
(You will find that I continually boggle over time zones all over the forum. :lol:)

Tuesday March 20th @ 12pm US PDT / 3pm US EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET
Melbourne Australia time:
Wednesday March 21st @ 6am Australia EDT

Thursday March 22nd @ 5pm US PDT / 8pm US EDT / (Fri 12am GMT) / (Fri 1am CET)
Friday March 23rd @ 11am Australia EDT

Also, is Grip set to Low or Real? That was the only setting I didn't know how to set for my practice v AI (its as close as you can get, especially since this is a stock car, it should be closish).

Sorry about that! Nobody else picked up on that probably because they just assumed... Yep, grip:real . Fixed that.
Makes me want to go re-check all the threads to make sure that wasn't a copy-paste error from another thread that's missing it as well! :lol:

Also, are we allowed to run in our cars? Is that recommended/encouraged/expected? Eg. right now my car is virtually new, it has 19.5kms and an oil change, so it has 64BHP, but if I run it in, it may have as much as 70BHP. Does the car have to be perfectly new to avoid anyone with an advantage?

Go ahead, give it to bspec bob or whatnot.
I've been practicing with mine, and it gained 1 hp so far.
Last night we had some practice a few of us. (I was trying to time to set the laps & a few people found me in my lounge. :)) There were 2 of us with 64hp, and 1 with 65hp.
I am unsure how much stock a fully broken in Autozam is... Is it 70hp?
My only fully broken in one I THINK is modified, so it's more than that. And I have 2 that are not fully broken in yet.
I may give mine to bspec bob before the race tomorrow. I let him do the seasonal in it, and got a horn by adding the 3rd stage turbo. (which is removable)

I'm kind of leery about setting a HP limit to try and level out cars that are broken in or not... Because I'm convinced that there's still going to be a difference even if people use the power limiter. Particularly in the lower powered cars.
I have no idea if I'm on the right track in thinking that, of course.
But since even under tuning: prohibited, the power limiter can't be policed, so I just go with the idea that everyone will run in their car.

Of course, I'm not too fast myself, so even with my car being at full power, it's very possible someone with a maiden car voyage might win me! :lol:

watermelonpunch
So I think your translations are correct.
(You will find that I continually boggle over time zones all over the forum. :lol:)

Tuesday March 20th @ 12pm US PDT / 3pm US EDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET
Wednesday March 21st @ 6am Australia EDT
Are you still taking entrants for this event time?
watermelonpunch
Thursday March 22nd @ 5pm US PDT / 8pm US EDT / (Fri 12am GMT) / (Fri 1am CET)
Friday March 23rd @ 11am Australia EDT

Sorry about that! Nobody else picked up on that probably because they just assumed... Yep, grip:real . Fixed that.
Makes me want to go re-check all the threads to make sure that wasn't a copy-paste error from another thread that's missing it as well! :lol:

Go ahead, give it to bspec bob or whatnot.
I've been practicing with mine, and it gained 1 hp so far.
Last night we had some practice a few of us. (I was trying to time to set the laps & a few people found me in my lounge. :)) There were 2 of us with 64hp, and 1 with 65hp.
I am unsure how much stock a fully broken in Autozam is... Is it 70hp?
That was just a guess, it might only be 66/67BHP, idk.
watermelonpunch
My only fully broken in one I THINK is modified, so it's more than that. And I have 2 that are not fully broken in yet.
I may give mine to bspec bob before the race tomorrow. I let him do the seasonal in it, and got a horn by adding the 3rd stage turbo. (which is removable)

I'm kind of leery about setting a HP limit to try and level out cars that are broken in or not... Because I'm convinced that there's still going to be a difference even if people use the power limiter. Particularly in the lower powered cars.
I have no idea if I'm on the right track in thinking that, of course.
But since even under tuning: prohibited, the power limiter can't be policed, so I just go with the idea that everyone will run in their car.

Of course, I'm not too fast myself, so even with my car being at full power, it's very possible someone with a maiden car voyage might win me! :lol:

I must admit, when this car goes, that's it! With CM tires, the moment you hear tire squeal, you have to lay off, so its certainly slow and steady will likely win the race. A lot different than RS/SS tires, with tuned suspension.

I tried the autozam last evening in the VCRS lounge at Tsukuba and CC joined in, (this guy is the wizzard of low-powered cars!) which was lots of fun when we found close matched racebuddies to the Mazda. Its really tail heavy and very feminine (lots of high pitched whining...:P) and its actually not very easy to get moving. I was at 64 BHP, which meant my car got left behind on the straights, so I sure recommend getting the car broken in before tonights race. This car should be pink, but thats not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Are you still taking entrants for this event time?

Sure thing!

That was just a guess, it might only be 66/67BHP, idk.

I guess we'll find out! :)

I must admit, when this car goes, that's it! With CM tires, the moment you hear tire squeal, you have to lay off, so its certainly slow and steady will likely win the race. A lot different than RS/SS tires, with tuned suspension.

Oh yeah!
In some ways unmodified, it's better behaved.
OTOH, with no suspension tuning, nothing can be mitigated!!

So yes, I hesitate to say it since it will sound odd talking about a car less than 70hp.... but best not to go too fast!!
"too fast" being a relative term of course! :lol:

I made this thing look fairly butch: Matte black with Enkei Competition wheels. Probably won't make me any faster, but the car sure looks cool in a replay.

Hi,
I was hoping I could plese join in the race tonight

Geeky30 / Geeky30 / Classic Red

Welcome, get a FR in to my PSN: wat3rm370n
:)

I made this thing look fairly butch: Matte black with Enkei Competition wheels. Probably won't make me any faster, but the car sure looks cool in a replay.

:lol: :lol:

I will be watching these replays with great joy, I think. :lol: :D

Just ran Bob in the Grand Valley 300. Car has 344kms and with a fresh oil change I have 66hp. Fear me!

Back