VCRC: Torneo Italiano @Toscana Targa Florio 2 - Congrats to gazelle68!

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Vintage Car Race Club
Torneo Italiano @ Toscana Targa Florio 2

torneoitalianoattargaflorio03.jpg

5 sprint race championship in 5 different vintage Italian cars

Schedule:
Duration: Approx. 2 hours or less

Monday 9th April @ 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 7pm BST / 8pm CEST / 18:00 UTC
COMPLETE - RESULTS HERE

The Cars:
Lancia STRATOS '73 (comfort soft tires)
prize car Bspec Expert Series Trofeo Gallardo
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (sports medium tires)
Premium NCD (10 million cr.) / prize car Bspec Expert Series Historic Racing Car Cup
Ferrari 512BB '76 (sports hard tires)
Premium NCD (102,500 cr.)
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 (sports hard tires)
currently in the OCD / prize car Aspec Professional Series Lamborghini Exclusive
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (sports hard tires)
Premium NCD (15 million cr.)

Car Regulations:
Tuning: Prohibited
Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint

The Track:
Targa Florio Part 2 (4.58 miles) by GTP_akmuq
targafloriapart2akmuq%20copy.jpg

Track available shared on PSN: VCRC
(if for some reason it's not shared, post here, and it will get shared)

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS & driving line (driver's choice)
Damage: off
Tire Wear: on
Grip: real
Penalty: off
Boost: off
Slipstream: weak
Reverse Grid Order (after race #1)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules
please familiarize yourself
with these rules prior to event
Race Stewards:
watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
jackargent / jackargent
mike 5927 / Mike_5927
turbogeit / turbogeit

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge, add PSN: VCRC
Note: The VCRC account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Race Procedure:

Race #1
1 lap @ Targa Florio Part II by GTP_akmuq
Lancia STRATOS '73 (comfort soft tires)

Race #2
2 laps @ Targa Florio Part II by GTP_akmuq
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (sports medium tires)

Race #3
3 laps @ Targa Florio Part II by GTP_akmuq
Ferrari 512BB '76 (sports hard tires)

Race #4
4 laps @ Targa Florio Part II by GTP_akmuq
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 (sports hard tires)

Race #5
5 laps @ Targa Florio Part II by GTP_akmuq
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (sports hard tires)

1st: 16, 2nd: 15, 3rd: 14, 4th: 13, 5th: 12, 6th: 11, 7th: 10, 8th: 9
9th: 8, 10th: 7, 11th: 6, 12th: 5, 13th: 4, 14th: 3, 15th: 2, 16th: 1

Check out the other races scheduled by the Vintage Car Race Club:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209408

Last edited:
Sign-up Registry:
(include GTP name & PSN name)

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
  2. jackargent / jackargent
  3. gazelle68 / gazelle68
  4. mike 5927 / Mike_5927
  5. akmuq / GTP_akmuq
  6. SSXRid3R / SSXRid3R
  7. John Wells / johnwells69
  8. dragon-jake / dragon-jake
  9. turbogeit / turbogeit
  10. Furinkazen / Furinkazen

Event countdown:
img.php

Last edited:
I'll be there.

Like a lambo to the slaughter!

:lol: That would be me.
I think the Miura Bertone is possibly the most beautiful car in the game.
That's not saying I can drive it very well! :dopey:
But, and call me a geek, it's worth a shot just to get some zippy photomodes of it on the neat looking Targa Florio track, to add to the VCRC Photomode gallery. :D :sly: Italia has a way of making very special looking vehicles. :)

I now have the track shared. If you've already downloaded it from me, you've got the wrong track! Send FR if need be.

@ akmuq: You should have the home court advantage, perhaps? :)
We will see! :)

@ all... I sent out a message about this and the other Torneo Italiano...
The correct plural, I believe is: tornei italiani
My Italian is non-existent, apologies. ;)

I think it is similar to Latin & French, but I haven't studied French since 1990, and haven't studied Latin since 1986, I believe. lol

i might be in for this, but to get the Miura i had to do the same trick whit the b-day ticket again xD
(just becuse i'm currently tooooo lazy to save money LOL)

I hear that a lot. But I'm never short of credits. Sometimes I am forced to buy a pricey car just to spend down!! But that's because I'm on "the bspec remote race gravy train". lol I run bspec remote races (not a lot but enough) and people run my bspec bobs as well. So they build up the credits pretty steadily.

Just an fyi - if you put bspec bobs up for share, I sometimes run remote races from the VCRC acct, and I add members' bobs if they have them shared.

I hear that a lot. But I'm never short of credits. Sometimes I am forced to buy a pricey car just to spend down!! But that's because I'm on "the bspec remote race gravy train". lol I run bspec remote races (not a lot but enough) and people run my bspec bobs as well. So they build up the credits pretty steadily.

Just an fyi - if you put bspec bobs up for share, I sometimes run remote races from the VCRC acct, and I add members' bobs if they have them shared.

whit me the thing is, when i got money i spend it right away for a new "project" i'm a tune creator and i always tuning new cars and when i got like 2mill i spend it all for that Car.

I got the Miura via the level 10 ticket I got from the latest seasonal events. (Plus a lot of patience refreshing it over and over.)

I have no problem getting credits, my problem is keeping them. As soon as I have a few million, I start refreshing the UCD like crazy until I have little or no money left.

Ooooh... I've been planning on doing those seasonals to get those tickets.
I LOVE low level car tickets. :D :D :D :D

But the thing that prevents me from burning through credits too fast... Sharing ps3 with spouse, I have to obsessively refresh my UCD in secrecy to avoid the hairy eyeball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it a hunting day? Or am I confusing it with another holiday Monday?
I know Easter Sunday is the last chance to hunt crows in Pennsylvania for the year.
(Not that I hunt crows myself.)

Is it a hunting day? Or am I confusing it with another holiday Monday?
I know Easter Sunday is the last chance to hunt crows in Pennsylvania for the year.
(Not that I hunt crows myself.)

Easter Monday is the day after Easter Sunday and is celebrated as a holiday in some largely Christian cultures, especially Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox cultures. Easter Monday in the Roman Catholic liturgical calendar is the second day of the octave of Easter Week and analogously in the Eastern Orthodox Church is the second day of Bright Week.
Though not largely observed in the United States, the day remains informally observed in some areas such as the state of North Dakota, and some cities in New York, Michigan, and Indiana. Easter Monday was a public holiday in North Carolina from 1935 to 1987. Texas and Maryland schools often have two holidays on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
In Canada it is a day off for civil service, public schools and a lot of businesses if they do not take Friday instead.

Interesting, thanks. I knew about the services being on the Sunday before, the Thursday, and that Friday is often observed in some way. But other than it being a day off work for some (bank holiday?) I didn't know that it might involve some obligations.

I'm now realizing that I had it confused with another holiday... it's the Monday after Thanksgiving that's the opening day of deer hunting season in Pennsylvania (and perhaps elsewhere).

Sorting out the cars now, B-Spec'ing for the Miura, if and I'll be showing up without any practice, let's hope I don't have a heavy foot.:D

Latest Posts

Back