PURE | Formula GT Spot Race - August 17th - WINNER: IMMORTALPILOT

• Thread starter GV27
  • 109 comments
Spain
Barcelona
GV27-

INTRODUCTION

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce a Formula GT Spot Race that will take place on August 17th, with qualifying taking place the week, before, on August 10th.

Gran Turismo 5 covers many forms of racing, and of course, Grand Prix is one well known series that does not have a big representation in the game, besides the two Ferrari Formula 1 cars from 2007 and 2010 season.

That is why I have come up with an idea that would actually use the Formula GT cars (as they are a bit more challenging to drive) for a race that would try to look as similar to a Grand Prix weekend as possible.

ESSENTIAL INFORMATION

Track: Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course
Days: 10th August (Final Qualifying Session), 17th August (Race)
Connect time: 18:00 UTC
Green flag time: 19:00 UTC

CAR SPEC

Formula Gran Turismo (any color allowed)
Weight: 600kg (50kg ballast)
Power: 80% power limiter to a fully run and fresh engine. (748hp)
Max PP: 863 (drivers will have to reduce downforce to reach this number)
Installed parts: Improved Rigidity (optional)
Tyres: Racing Hard and Racing Medium (R1 and R2).
Tuning: Everything is allowed, even downforce, but obviously not ballast or power, beyond the official regulations.

RULES

Lobby format: Public online.

Public online lobby
· Slots: 16
· Race Quality: High
· VOIP: Disabled
· Host: Unfixed
Track Settings
· Everything default except number of laps
Event Settings
· Penalty: None
· Race Finish Delay: Maximum
· Visible Damage: On
· Mechanical Damage: Heavy
· Slipstream Strength: Weak
· Tire Wear/Fuel: On
· Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
· Car Restrictions: None
· Tires: Racing Medium (R2)
· Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
· ABS: Optional
· Traction Control: OFF
· Active Steering: OFF
· Skid Recovery Force: OFF
· ASM: OFF
· Driving Line: OFF

Racing format:

Two weekends, first is qualifying, second is race. Two tyre compounds allowed (Racing Hard and Racing Medium). Race will be 305km long, around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Standing start. 16 drivers per room on race day. If there is more than 16 drivers, cutoff for "Room A" will be adapted depending on the final number, and a "Room B" will be created, and this second room will follow the same schedule.

Qualifying format:

Live-week long qualifying, one out lap, two timed laps, one chance. All qualifying will be done in public rooms, but all drivers taking part in the spot race will be allowed to qualify each other, effectively making this an all steward participatory. All times will be submitted to and collected to craft the Pre-Qualifying results. On Final Qualifying day, a live 40 minute session will decide the final Qualifying results.

The Pre-Qualifying decides who races in Room A and who races in Room B, in case there is more than 16 drivers, but it does not decide the starting grid. You only get one attempt at setting your Pre-Qualifying time, so choose it wisely.

Pre-Qualifying procedure:

Each driver will qualify in race mode. The host will give the go ahead to join track after doing the car checks. A maximum of two drivers can qualify at the same time but only if there are two more drivers in the racing lobby able to spectate the session and confirm the laps as clean. The race will be set to 4 laps. All stewards are required to save the replay.

Lap 1 is your warm up, Lap 2 and 3 are your 2 flyers, lap 4 is your "cool down." The 4th lap is an extension to give the steward time to note the data. You must always finish the 4th lap if not stated otherwise by the steward. The 4th lap is also there if more than 1 car is qualifying at the same time (Start with 20 seconds between drivers). This is because, technically, the last driver in a session can be more than 180 seconds behind (which is the maximum end race timer setting), so to make sure even the last driver is able to finish his 2nd flying lap, the 4th lap is there.

If a lap is dirty a standard penalty of 5% of the dirty lap's time will be added onto it to make the time official. A clean lap will always be made the official time over a dirty lap even if the dirty lap with the penalty added is still faster.
A qualifying session can under no circumstance be restarted. You'll get one shot, and one shot only.

In case of a disconnection:

You're allowed to reconnect and start from where you left off (must be confirmed by the observing steward) but the lap that you disconnected on will count as "dirty" with no registered lap time.
So if you disconnect during your warm up lap, all is good, just reconnect and restart your session. If you disconnect during your first flying lap (Lap 2), that lap is dirty, and you may reconnect, but this time, only your second flying lap (Lap 3) will count. If you disconnect during you second flying lap (Lap 3), your first flyer will be your time. No need to restart the session since your last flyer, the one you disconnected on in this case, is dirty with no registered lap time.

If the person watching your lap, if it's just the two of you for example, disconnects for some reason this automatically disqualifies the session unless you save and upload the replay and the host watching confirms that the laps in the replay was indeed the session he was watching. Otherwise you must re-attempt your qualifying.

Qualifying deadline:

July 28th 22:00 UTC
Qualifying deadline is the point at which you can no longer enter a qualifying room in order to set a time. All that is required for you to meet deadline is for a driver to actually be in the room before deadline, after this (due to high volume of late qualifiers) drivers in the room all have a 30 minute last-second grace period in order to do their runs.

Final Qualifying:

Connect Time and Green Flag Time for the Final Qualifying session will be exactly the same as Race Connect Time and Green Flag Time. Once all the drivers are in the room and all the car checks are over, the Final Qualifying Session will start. It will consist of three phases; Q1, Q2 and Q3. They will all be made in Race Mode.

Q1:

Racing Medium tyres will be used. Race will be set to 15 laps, although not all of them will be used. The session will be over after 15 minutes, at which point drivers are required to finish their current lap and write down their fastest clean time. The slowest 5 drivers will be knocked out and will start the race in 12th to 16th position, respecting the order of their Q1 results. Replay will be saved afterwards to verify the lap times.

Q2:

Racing Medium tyres will be used. Race will be set to 15 laps, although not all of them will be used. The session will be over after 15 minutes, at which point drivers are required to finish their current lap and write down their fastest clean time. The slowest 5 drivers will be knocked out and will start the race in 7th to 11th position, respecting the order of their Q2 results. Replay will be saved afterwards to verify the lap times.

Q3:

Drivers will have to decide beforehand what tyres they want to use; Racing Medium or Racing Hard tyres, since the tyres they use for this final phase of Qualifying will be the tyres they start the race on. (THIS IS NOT APPLIED TO ROOM B)
Race will be set to 10 laps, although not all of them will be used. The session will be over after 10 minutes, at which point drivers are required to finish their current lap and write down their fastest clean time. The 6 drivers will start the race in 1st to 6th position, respecting the order of their Q3 results. Replay will be saved afterwards to verify the lap times and check the drivers used their selected tyres. Failure to do so will result in being sent to the back of the grid.

NOTES:

Access to tuning screen is not allowed between Q1 and Q2 or between Q2 and Q3. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

In order to be allowed to race, drivers have to set a time within 107% of the pole position either during Pre-Qualifying or Final Qualifying. Failure to do so will result in the driver not being allowed to race.

During all the three Qualifying sessions (Q1, Q2 and Q3) it is allowed to get fresh tyres, although it is forbidden to change the type of tyres (from RM to RH or RH to RM).

Race format:

Race will be run at 64 laps. The first six drivers will start the race with the tyre compound they used in Q3, while everyone else will be able to freely choose the tyres they want to start on. Both Racing Hards and Racing Mediums have to be used at some point during the race. Racing Medium tyres can be used a maximum of two stints per race at any time.

Car verification system:

Every driver is called to track, with power limit is set to 750hp. The power limit is then set to 740hp. Every car that is legal will be then thrown out of the track. The same is done with weight; setting it at 600kg with everyone on the track, and then moving it to 610kg, then to 620kg, and so on until reaching 700kg (this is to avoid people adding weight to be able to add downforce). Assuming every car is legal so far (nobody is using more/less power than regulations say, or more/less weight), the drivers will be called back to track, with PP limit set to 863. At this point, the car verification is over.

Last edited:
GV as much as I'd like to try this it clashes with the WRS enduro.. :indiff:

Great i want to join.
Its maybe possible to change the race day?
Saturday or Friday?

Saturday clashes with GATE so I would not make my own spot race! Friday... depends on whether it clashes with something else or not. And depending on the people that would race.

Nope Twist and GV the WRS enduro is at iirc 8 GMT - 10:30 GMT.

You could run it in the old WSGTC slot and send out pm's to all of the drivers that you know can make that time.

Thanks Paul! And sounds like a plan Dave. If you guys can ask some people I'd appreciate it.

We'll be going with friday 20:00 UTC green flag then.

Like I said on gate19, can't make it but good luck mate! 👍

I'm counting 5, with Paul, Paginas, Twist (would you, Dave? Tell Josh too just on case!), IMMORTAL and me. Hopefully at least 16 before qualifying day arrives!

When we are not 16 drivers.
We can make the q before the race or??
I add you later.

Qualifying will be done in the same way, no matter how many drivers are there. However, if there's less than 16 drivers, we won't need to do the week long pre-qualifying.

Definitely up for this. Ran a few laps and it seems like it could be pretty interesting. The complete opposite as to what we've ran for the past 2 years or so!

That's basically the whole idea behind it. Doing something different to what we're used to.

And, just saying, this spot race is just the tip of the iceberg :)

Litchi look on gate19 for more details in the series planning section iirc ;).

Ah, yes, it was decided but not changed on the OP.

Dates are as follows: 27th July (Final Qualifying Session), 3th August (Race).

I hope you can all make it. And please, I need confirmation from those who are interested. Most likely there won't be Pre-qualifying, since we will not have more than 16 drivers, but I still require confirmation, just in case.

So far, I assume drivers are:

- GV27
- IMMORTALPILOT
- paulmac2k9
- Joshua1994
- Paginas1

I wonder about Litchi, twistedfirework and Josh?

Also, if anyone knows about people who could be interested, please tell them. The race will be enjoyable with a good amount of people! :)

I have to move this week end and i'm not sure if internet will be ok for august 5th in my new apartment. So I prefer skip all races until august 10th around

Just a thought, if there's only going to be about 5 racing, wouldn't it be best to move it back a week or so? I think the reason there's not been many entry's is the fact the majority of PURE are taking a summer break (CALM/GATE) and that probably involves not checking the forums as much either.

I guess we could do that, yes. Fair point that I had not considered 👍

We can move it back to 10th August - Qualifying; 17th August - Race. But it should not be later than that, really... :)

It seems that way. I imagine we'll have more people if we get more time! :)

I'll change the final dates then! 👍

Back