ITCC Season II-New Name, New Ideas, post here!

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
Welcome to the thread!

580876_10151166734203092_369983077_n.jpg

This thread is open for discussion of the second season of the International Touring Car Championship.

This is a link to last season.

Anyone's welcome to post ideas.

Specifically, I'd like to hear about:

1. Race formats
  2. Lap numbers (longer races?)
  3. All or Rear wheel drive specs
  4. What you'd like to see changed
  5. What you liked from last season

Last edited:
Change to the Touring Car type class e.g.

Alfa 156 2.5 V6
BMW 330i
Citreon Xantia 3.0 V6
Honda Accord Euro-R
Nissan Primera 2.0 Te
Opel/Vauxhall Vectra
VW Bora V6

Keep them around 250hp ... no AWD allowed ... +-450PP (But I'm busy speccing them)
Only RM tyres
Two heats per round with a distance of +-50km per heat ...

More will come to me soon ... :D

Cool, you are missing a boat load of cars, unless your trying to keep it to a specific car range, perhaps you should pick the car you wish to run, use the list as an idea base and let the rest chose a car they desire and spec it for them, this way 90% of people will be happy as you would let them in, and you wouldn't have to spec cars no one wants,

Races,
Try them in a different order, say....
Race 1, 10 to 15 laps long, 1 stop permitted in pit window,
Race 2, sprint race, reverse grid from race 1, 4-10 laps long pitstops forbidden for tires,
Race 3, endurance, 15-25 laps long, pitstops unlimited,

Maybe shake up the tire choices, I'm working on an idea where say we raced at madrid the choice would be racing soft and racing meds because of its tight nature, then say for fuji use sports softs and meds, and every now and then at not so difficult tracks mix it right up and use racing softs and sports softs, mix it up lol,

On tracks with long straights or really short straights put slipstream strength on high, mix it up lol.

I'm expected to be shut down on these ideas lol

Forget about the nationality or the small grid ... this is the type of cars and racing I would like to be involved in ...

IMO only one drivetrain in the series. Either all FF or all RWD

But then it's basically limiting it to a "Spec" race ... get rid of AWD's, yes, but mix it up with FWD's & RWD's ... IMHO ...

But then it's basically limiting it to a "Spec" race ... get rid of AWD's, yes, but mix it up with FWD's & RWD's ... IMHO ...

I just can't see it. The tire wear difference is too much. Unless we made all of the RWD cars really heavy with more horsepower.

Well I'm busy speccing my car ideas atm, and the RWD's are having more power and weight ... but I'm also running them on RM's ... the RS's are proving more & more to be quali tyres ... I don't see how anything other than quali tyres can only last 5/6 good laps ... RM's would be my choice of tyre ... good balance between grip and endurance ...

What would you guys think about changing the name of this series to the Total Showcase that is run by Grand-Am? We already have the CTSCC and pretty much the RSCS in the W.M.A. All we would need would be the Total Showcase and the Ferrari Challenge.

Sounds similar to the Wesbank Super Series that we have in SA ... ^this^ is what I asked you about Mel ...

Sounds similar to the Wesbank Super Series that we have in SA ... ^this^ is what I asked you about Mel ...

It uses just FF cars with pretty low horsepower. It uses the Mini Cooper, Ford Ka/Fiesta, Honda civic, and Mazda 2. There may be one more car, but I can't name it off the top of my head.

Bridgestone Production Cars, Class T, FF's only, Turbocharged, 230hp, about 1150kg ... Golf VI GTi, Renault Megane Sport, Mini Cooper JCW, Opel Astra OPC, Mazda 3 MPS ...

Class A has the RWD & AWD monsters at 300hp/1350 ... BMW 335i, Audi S4, Nissan 350/370Z, Subaru I mpreza WRX STi ...

Bridgestone Production Cars, Class T, FF's only, Turbocharged, 230hp, about 1150kg ... Golf VI GTi, Renault Megane Sport, Mini Cooper JCW, Opel Astra OPC, Mazda 3 MPS ...

Class A has the RWD & AWD monsters at 300hp/1350 ... BMW 335i, Audi S4, Nissan 350/370Z, Subaru I mpreza WRX STi ...

This is more along the lines of the 230 bhp 1150 kg category. Just with slightly different cars that are on like sports soft tires.

Hmmmm, I'll consider it. With Bankfin, I guess these Touring cars might actually have been put "obsolete," as the Bankfin's good close racing, too.

Why can't we just continue with the cars from season 1? Now that we've had a season to iron out kinks, the new season should be smoother.

And keep it called the ITCC! I think it sounds pretty official! Maybe use sports tires this season?

Why can't we just continue with the cars from season 1? Now that we've had a season to iron out kinks, the new season should be smoother.

And keep it called the ITCC! I think it sounds pretty official! Maybe use sports tires this season?

Sports tires, believe me, favour RWD cars above all else. There's no chance of FF cars running against FR cars on Sports softs.

As for the cars, we certainly will consider not changing the cars. I'm gathering ideas. I don't care how off-the-wall the idea is, but, with 6 weeks left, until we name the season 1 winners, etc., I'd like to get a headstart with season II.

I want close racing, again. I'm okay with however we get it, as long as we do.

The reasons I might change the name to the Castrol Touring Car Championship:

1. Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship
  2. Castrol "series grouping" on W.M.A.

Well I won't be returning in the Subaru ... They cancelled my contract as a works driver ... :crazy: ... so I have to find another seat ...

^^ I was suspended from the team as a number 2 driver for forgetting where I parked the car and failing to show up to events past round 2 lol

Why don't we make it strictly FF cars?

We could, but, there are people who refuse to drive FF; some who refuse to drive FR.

I'm thinking of running a Mercedes or Toyota MR2 team next season. Obviously, details need work. That is, if people can show interest in Season II, and still make me want to run ITCC Season II.

I like to be in MR2 old version or new both is good :) sound looks good 👍

:) I'm not sure of cars yet, but, if you're interested, you've come to the right place again. :)

The thing is, in the original Season I, we had 60+ cars. We might use those specs, with some slight changes.

MrMelancholy15
:) I'm not sure of cars yet, but, if you're interested, you've come to the right place again. :)

The thing is, in the original Season I, we had 60+ cars. We might use those specs, with some slight changes.

This Toyota MR2 very good car in 450 pp if you plan to put it in the list of the cars and it can be 480 pp . I hope :lol: 👍

This Toyota MR2 very good car in 450 pp if you plan to put it in the list of the cars and it can be 480 pp . I hope :lol: 👍

It's already in the list of cars. ;) 👍 I was thinking of you in advance! :lol: Anyways, I'll consider which car I'll use, but, won't announce it yet.

Is there a merc on the list?

I'd be inclined to use the 3400s if you use the same cars, also I've given the race structure some thought, what if we did a 5 lap sprint race and a 15 lap feature, where you can only use the soft tire once in the round, so you could either use them in the sprint race or in the feature, not both, also if you make the feature first you should be forced to qualify on your chosen race tire for the sprint race, then reverse grid for the feature race,

Sports tires, believe me, favour RWD cars above all else. There's no chance of FF cars running against FR cars on Sports softs.

As for the cars, we certainly will consider not changing the cars. I'm gathering ideas. I don't care how off-the-wall the idea is, but, with 6 weeks left, until we name the season 1 winners, etc., I'd like to get a headstart with season II.

I want close racing, again. I'm okay with however we get it, as long as we do.

I've raced 450PP SS cars extensively and tuned more than 50 cars at those specs for racing. The Integra Type R is among the top 5 fastest cars in the entire game at that PP level, and THE fastest at some tracks. The Integras, FTO GPR, Focus ST, Civic Type R, Mini and probably a few others can easily, easily be spec'd to run with any MR or FR at the PP range you are currently using, on SS tires. At 400PP on Comfort Softs the Integra is just about unbeatable.

Race formats - Scrap the sprint race, it's crap racing every time except in really small fields. See below for my race format suggestions.
Lap numbers (longer races?) - Longer races make for cleaner racing, almost always. I'd prefer one long race of at least 30 minutes or if you insist on two races, then two races of at least 25-30 minutes. That's 18-22 laps at DF on SS tires for example. Plenty of race time to allow you to catch someone if you make a mistake and no excuse for overly aggressive driving. You might not get the FF's to still be competitive for 22 laps it would have to be tested, but if you have a mandatory pit stop with a pit window, they should be fine.
All or Rear wheel drive specs - One drivetrain, similar weights always makes for better racing and much easier spec'ing of the cars.
What you'd like to see changed - Length of races, no more sprint races, more appropriate tire compounds, follow GTPlanet Rules, follow a rigid schedule for raceday, stop wasting time, finish and start on time, better leadership, punt whiners early on, no more bitching in the race thread only in PM's......
What you liked from last season - Several good, exceptionally clean battles with CND, which spilled over into ORCA racing as well.

What you liked from last season - Several good, exceptionally clean battles with CND, which spilled over into ORCA racing as well.

I agree with you on the sprint race part too, surprisingly. I got bumped off a few times, myself.

I'm glad to hear that the ITCC is a place where some friendships were formed. :sly: That's the goal, right? Learning (damuemogirl especially, gained quite a few tips etc.) and making friends is always the goal of online racing.

As for the tires, we'll have to see, but, I'm slowly becoming more accustomed to Sports tires. I'll see what everyone else thinks.

GTP OLRs: I think that they're just a bit out-of-date. I'm writing up the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook, so that we can have further rules, with further detail, and tips for starting drivers. I mean, having one source, full of the "you should do this." is nice, especially given the Table of Contents and other helpful usage guides in the W.M.A. Driver's Handbook.

Lastly, Dave, there are plenty of Mercedes on the Car List. The 3400S is in, also. I removed some cars, but still have them spec'd. The cars I removed, were the cars no one was interested in.

^^ the main whiner is gone and has made a "successful" (for now until he starts his crap) championship, I think the mix of cars was good but as you said in the other thread, "there was a difference of 2 seconds between some cars" I agree some cars where very slow, but those weren't really used to my belief,

Perhaps mel, if you give us guidelines to what you want, for example, 4 door cars at around 290bhp for aim of 1.02.000 at tsukuba 1,15.500 at DF and 1.30.500 at motegi east, and allow us to nominate 5 cars we would prefer to run with and race against and try spec them, then give our findings to you for a final go over and see what you think and find, that way you don't and won't have to find specs for all the cars

Also mel, I typed this before I seen your reply to jp, my phone loading is super slow, got bad weather down here, plus I can't access google docs from my phone for some stupid reason, I remember the ruf being on the list and I thought it would be cool to run it but I was tied to jormo and remained loyal, but for season 2 I'm a free agent at this point and might end up independant lol

And jonny, can you pm me over GTP one of those "tight" setups you would use for the wheel that's to tight to use on a DS3, I'm dusting off the old G27 now I have some room to use it and I'm interested in seeing what makes your setups so different to others,

Last edited:
What if each driver can choose two cars like one ( FR&FF) or (MR&FF) and he can apply one for short track and one for long track . Not always using same car he can swap between them so it will not pooring :lol: . So its means if there is team player it will be each team have four cars like ( FR,FF,MR,etc) just idea :) 👍

I'm not feeling that one, Sam. Sorry.

Dave, the 3400S is a more popular car than you remember. After your i-net crapped out, we had some more 3400S drivers. (Smoglessprune!! :D )

Anyways, for Season II, I think I'm going to emphasis the teams.

Therefore, I'm going to open it up to "Team Managers," too. Team managers will be the only people to report to me, about specs, and incidents. Team managers will speak with the (other) driver(s) on the team, asking if anyone felt that they were wronged. Then, the Team Managers can report to me.

I got WAY too many useless PMs, and there were WAY too many in-game arguments last season. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the season I, but, some of the drivers caused some problems. Thankfully, everyone gets along again, and the final four rounds of the previous season are going well.

Team Managers can take part in the races, as well as "hire" two (three) drivers. Team Managers will choose cars. Team Managers will work with me, to develop the specs for the cars. They will not "complain" that their car is too slow, nor "threaten" to leave the series based on "unfair specs."

I'm considering a "salary" for the drivers; let's say that the Team Managers get $1,000,000 per season. They must satisfactorily sign drivers.

Team Managers will be responsible for colours (they don't have to match, but, the cars must be recognizably similar,) and sponsors.

Back