2+2 Coupes Tigra & SERA @ Toscana Tarmac - Congrats snowgt & Phouchg!

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
2+2 Coupes Tigra & SERA
@ Toscana Tarmac

tigraseratoscanaad700.jpg

duo make racing event

Schedule:

Tuesday 12 March @ 19:00 UTC
3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

Complete, results here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8272660#post8272660

Thursday 14 March @ 20:00 UTC
4pm US EDT / 1pm US PDT / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET

Complete, results here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8278737#post8278737

Duration: Approx. 90 minutes

Cars:
Vauxhall or Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
Toyota SERA '92

You will need both cars, swapping them out.

Car Regulations:
Tuning: Prohibited
Comfort Medium Tires

Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint
"Tuning Prohibited Explained"

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS (driver's choice)
tire wear on (normal)
damage light
slipstream weak
grip real
penalty off
boost off
visible damage off
race end timer set to maximum (3 minutes)

Track:
Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac) (2.78 miles)
Time Progression: 2
(to be set to allow sunset to occur near end of Race #3 - limited night driving)

avantiangolo01.jpg

Currently shared on PSN: VCRC

Race Procedure:

Participants expected to arrive at or before scheduled arrival time.

Informal Qualifying:
All racers in Tigra
2 timed laps @ Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac)
All drivers to spread out during qualifying.
After finishing 2 timed laps, drivers park off to the side on the main straight & wait for race start.

Race #1:
All racers in Tigra
3 laps @ Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac)
Fastest First Grid Order

Race #2:
1st half finishing grid in SERA, 2nd half finishing grid in Tigra
10 laps @ Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac)
Reverse Grid Order

Race #3:
All racers switch to the other car.
10 laps @ Avanti Angolo (Toscana tarmac)
Reverse Grid Order

Flat points based upon race participation.
(ie: 8 cars, 1st place gets 8pts, 2nd place gets 7pts, etc.)

Rules:
GTP OLR Rules
  • Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
  • You are expected to race clean & fair, and to behave like sporting gentlemen at all times. Dirty driving is absolutely forbidden.
  • All rules & general track etiquette, is to be exercised during any Qualifying Period. "Informal Qualifying" means there will be no roll call, and no one should expect to have the track to themselves while others wait. However, drivers are expected to spread out. There should be no "pressuring" during qualifying as this is NOT racing. Leave a gap during your out-lap from the car ahead of you, so that you do not disrupt the ahead car's timed laps, and will not be accused of taking advantage of someone's slipstream draft. Courtesy should be exercised when you finish your timed laps, to allow others to finish theirs. Park well away from the racing line, preferably in a spot that is significantly apart from the racetrack boundaries.
  • If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions. ie: no bump-passing
  • Failure to make contact concessions will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results)
  • Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks. Bear in mind that not all of your fellow racers may be of the same mind when bump drafting is appropriate, and some might find it distracting or unwelcome. It should never be done near a brake point. When in doubt, do without!
  • Caution must be exercised when re-entering the track after an off-road excursion caused by any reason.
  • Carless driving, recklessness, & aggressive risky maneuvers may result in post-race penalties, and will certainly result in your fellow racers being ill tempered.
  • Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  • The in-game penalty system is switched to off to prevent ghosting, with the understanding that GTPlanet racers do not need the in-game penalty system to follow posted track rules. Shorting the track is strictly prohibited, must have 2 wheels on the tarmac (or rumble curbing) - this includes "going wide", off-roading in the grass or dirt, or using tarmac outside the parameters of the track, is forbidden.
  • Harsher post-race penalties are imposed for violations occurring on Turn #1 of any race, because of the fact that races are rarely won on the 1st turn, but sometimes lost there. Patience should be the top priority at Turn #1 of any race. In some cases, special Turn #1 race procedures will be implemented. Always review the "Race Procedures" section of an event description.
  • For a comprehensive look at what is generally considered good track etiquette, check out "The Good Racecraft Guide", for a more detailed explanation of guidelines GTPlanet members have in mind when we say "clean racing".
  • In case of any incident involving a crash or rule violation, please review the replay before drawing conclusions. Note the time and location of the incident. Try dialogue with the other driver first with Private Messaging. You may report the incident via Private Messaging, with details, in a timely manner (ie: soon after the race), if warranted, so an appointed steward &/or the race director may review the incident.
Race Director: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race Steward: YOU!
All racers are expected to be stewards - of good racing & rule adherence!
Save replays in case you are called upon!

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge,
add PSN: VCRC

Note: This account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Also please note that all club communication should be done through GTPlanet,
and not directed toward the PSN acct, as nobody checks messages there often, if at all.

Last edited:
Sign-Up Registry:
GTP name / PSN name / car colours (if you wish to declare)

Thursday 14 March @ 20:00 UTC
4pm US EDT / 1pm US PDT / 8pm GMT / 9pm CET

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / red & green / red & green
  2. paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac / blue & yellow / silver & orange
  3. Phouchg / xNikodemusx / black & yellow / black & yellow
  4. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / Magmarot / Silver Opal Metallic
  5. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Flame Red & Noir Nacre Dore / Electric Orange & Brilliant Black
  6. cobrius / cobrius / Gold Chrome / Gold Chrome
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 / Electric Yellow Metallic / Electric Yellow Metallic
  8. jackargent / jackargent / Neptun-Grun & Pasadoble Red / Neptun-Grun Metallic & Pasadoble Red
  9. ryzno / ryzno / Silver Chrome / black
  10. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Zypressengrün / Black
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
  14. .
  15. .

Complete
Tuesday 12 March @ 19:00 UTC
3pm US EDT / 12pm US PDT / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET

1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / red & green / red & green
  2. jackargent / jackargent / Neptun-Grun & Pasadoble Red / Neptun-Grun & Pasadoble Red
  3. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Flame Red & Noir Nacre Dore / Electric Orange & Brilliant Black
  4. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Zypressengrün / Black
  5. ryzno / ryzno / tba / tba
  6. tezgm99 / tezgm99 / British Racing Green / GT chrome 003-W

Last edited:
Can't do Tuesday but can do Thursday, off work on Thursday :D. I Should have both ;).

:D You're right on top of things signing up 4 minutes after I post. :lol:
I knew I was excited about it, but I haven't even gotten around to promoting it yet.

The truth is, I didn't even come up with the idea until today.
The pair is a pair I'd thought about for a Nurb duo, but went with the German Superminis instead.
And I'm glad I did because that was a really fun combo as it turns out. And I think these cars are really suited to this track.
The banking & turns w/ the low power FF cars is a fun combination.

* I would not, however, recommend this track for rear wheel drive antiques. :lol: I know from experience, the '68 Fairlady or Mazda Cosmos are not cars you necessarily want to drive on this track. :scared: :lol:

I'm allways looking at spot/race threads but only post if I know I can make a race. I was reading another thread in this section and seen this pop up as I left that thread and was like "sweet!". Had a quick read of the dates and posted my sign up, minus colours as I haven't decided them yet :P.

(The idea in my head is "Pirtek" for the Vauxhall and Silver/Orange for the Toyota but will see how they look before deciding ;))

Is the Pirtek a new thing with you, or is this your old standby preferred colour scheme?
I could've swore you used to always go with plain silver... but maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. (I'd have to look through old threads. :lol:)

Someone else, in your Yaris race I was red/black like my real life Fiesta which it was similar in power/weight and to a point looks :P. The only other one I can remember is the Jenson race which I was blue/black.

Pirtek is no new thing for me, check my GTP profile for previous Pirtek coloured cars ;).. Oh and the profile itself is coloured like Pirtek and I have had the same user title for over a year :sly::lol:.

I also have BTCC Pirtek gear which I posted pics of in the "pics of yourself" thread :D.

I do try and mix it up a bit but my love for the Pirtek livery is very deep seated ;).

Edit: Searched for the first series I used it. It was July 2011, how time flys.. (Was bored)

Last edited:
Yes! I noticed that colour scheme on the profile the last time I was there to post about the superminis race. And then you went with that colour scheme.
The Jag E-type race doesn't count, because IIRC, jackargent was coaching people on choosing PROPER colours for the E-Type. :lol: You would've been peer pressured against the Pirtek colour scheme for that race. ha ha ha

Did I race a Jag E type? I really don't remember if I did.. :nervous:

(Wait might have been red/silver but I'm still not sure)

Found the thread and I wasn't there but I seen the Jack leacture :lol:.

watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Verde Boreale & silver BBS
jackargent / jackargent / Opalescent Silver Blue Metallic
gazelle68 / gazelle68 / cream & factory stock
SSXRid3R / SSXRid3R / Matte Pink & Black Pearl Rims
CC570 / CC570 / tbd
Zorrin / DitQuois / Japanrot
SagarisGTB / sagarismic / tbd
GranTurismo916 / atongo619 / tbd
johnboy1112 / johnboy-1975- / Cucumber Matte Green
Gik69 / gedi69 / Tomato Red
TomBrady / HugoStiglitz_420 / GT Polarized 1-P & GT Japanese 05-W
Geeky30 / Geeky30 / tbd
Johnnypenso / Johnnypenso / purple & gold
dsgerbc / dsgerbc / Opalescent Bronze Metallic
dmihaylov / mitaches / orange & white
jbica / jbica / British Racing Green

ha ha - I just looked too, and no you weren't, and I know now that I did have you confused with someone else! :dunce:

But I could've sworn my Jag E-type was Panther Pink. Perhaps I'd changed it for jackargent, to a proper Jaguar colour. :lol:

I'm pretty sure I could make it on thursday, wouldn't want to miss this fun concept. :)

I can do Tuesday - not sure about thursday.

You will be glad to know if have no opinion on acceptable colour schemes for these cars:indiff:

I'll let you know my colour scheme in due course once my design team have done their work:dopey:

now, about the e type...

Looks good. Don't know yet, if I'll be available Tuesday or Thursday, but it will be one of the two. 👍

I can make both races. I may have the Tigra and I'll check if I have the SERA. I may put my Tigra in 888 VX Racing colours if I have the right chips.

Turns out I don't have either car and that was with looking hard enough. I'll need to get both of them before the races.

@ Audiman2011: I can probably send you one of the cars today. But I don't remember which I have a spare of, and which I don't. I will let you know.

I've decided on my BTCC inspired colour schemes for my cars:

Tigra: Flame Red (body) / Noir Nacre Dore (wheels)
SERA: Electric Orange (body) / Brilliant Black (wheels)

Welcome cobrius!

I will be in the VCRC LOUNGE for about the next 2 hours for Tigra/SERA practice and Time Progression testing on Avanti Angolo.

Feel free to join me. 👍

(if I'm afk, go ahead and practice - just don't reset the track... I'm also attending to things in between.)

Audiman. I'll dupe u a sera shortly. If anyone else needs either of the cars let me know & I will gladly supply.

Last edited:
jackargent's design team have complete the respray

car: neptun-grun metallic
rims: pasadoble red

jackargent's design team have complete the respray

car: neptun-grun metallic
rims: pasadoble red

It's a distinctly watermelon theme! :D

My design team has not yet considered anything.
Perhaps I'll do the opposite, red w/ green wheels.

Audi man so your Neal/Wrathall and I'm Jordan/Morgan :lol:.

It's a distinctly watermelon theme! :D

My design team has not yet considered anything.
Perhaps I'll do the opposite, red w/ green wheels.

Any resemblance to any watermelons (real or imaginary) is entirely coincidental, unintentional & not in any way Freudian! (can you have a Freudian watermelon?)

Back